/sug/

All 4 new episodes out and we're already feeling the lack of content

Attached: 1522076922218.png (854x880, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9YZmhKDB!OaUpLnx4qHPlqa3JV7Rh2g
bismuth.tumblr.com/post/172287822320/the-new-ad-featuring-some-new-clips-that-are
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds par for the course for Steven Universe

so you mean completely normal?

Weird how I enjoyed the townie episodes the most. Maybe the Sadie Killer episode a little less, but it wasn't total shit either. The flashback episode about Rose her origins was not so great, while this should've been the best one out there with important plot stuff revealed.

I liked the pool hopping one the most. Finally some good Garnet development again, without it being about Ruby and Sapphire. I was waiting so long for an episode about her dealing with her leadership and dealing with Steven making his own decisions.

Could her gem shards be in the chest after all...and how?

Why have they all but written the Crystal Gems out of the show? I don't understand at all.

so you didn't actually watch the episodes?

good to know

killing off Ronaldo was the best thing the show could have done desu. I know they are probably going to pink him as soon as steven finds the body, but he totally deserved to die after what he did to Connie. Mrs Maheswaran was fully in the right.

Attached: blue maheswaran.png (1176x2163, 403K)

i don't care about townie shit, i wanna see my gemwaifus, retard

Fuck the crew, i hate all the focus that manlet bitch gets. Why are town characters the majority of the show now, it cant be harder to make a gem focus episode.

If you don't like Garnet just say so but don't claim the Crystal Gems didn't appear at all

Well, one was about the lore, one was about Garnet (and god she really needed this episode.) , one townie was alright (letter for Lars) and one was meh. (the sadie episode)
So it's still alright. and the next episodes are coming soon, let's hope we won't have a big hiatus and maybe a summer of Steven 2.

Attached: N.Tesla_.jpg (2563x3348, 1.17M)

no Summer of Steven was awful

I mean I enjoyed it at the time but that season would have been better if it was dragged out

one crystal gem crying over a kitten is not 'the crystal gems'
big think: skip the townie shit and give each CG more episodes

Attached: stevenu.jpg (1024x655, 163K)

I liked how it explained a few things that have been bugging me.
>I was only on Homeworld for like an hour before I ran into you guys. *There must be off-colors all over the place!*
I thought it was sorta dumb how Steven just so happened to run into the off-colors right away, but I thought that was a good explanation for that.

And explaining Garnet's future vision fallibility, something people have been bitching about ever since Mirror Gem.

Little things but I liked that.

Maybe they could do a revamped version of the SoS.
Like 1-2 episodes a week.

the off colours will rebel lead by the CGs and Steven and overthrow the Diamonds
then everyone lives happily every after
this is sugar's shit tier endgame

Because they leaked like three weeks ahead of time and only one of the four is worth watching. 3/4 of the episodes are fucking townie filler trash.

"I want to make a show about background characters on Earth in a space opera who have tenuous connections to a story we only sparingly tell a couple of times a year."-Award-winning cartoonist Rebecca Sugar, apparently

cos the episodes were fucking nothing

daily reminder that Rose is evil and Steven is a weapon

Attached: deathquartz.png (723x220, 265K)

Thought there will be 2 Lars episodes
Both of them are lore/townie fillers GOD FUCKING DAMN IT AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1498529880065.gif (470x360, 2.34M)

I refuse to believe the woman who made this series is content with the vapid nonsense it's been putting out exclusively for 2 years.

The correct opinions go well with the pic

Attached: 1521329192845.jpg (1372x1004, 142K)

>Not the word Steven on the OP

>All 4 new episodes out
They are? Let me stop browsing Sup Forums so I can stay away from spoilers.

nothing happens

I don't understand you, user.

so are we actually doing /sug/? should we add the op stuff next thread or?

You literally get a filler recap episode just in case you forgot what happened in the filler.

I want Greg and Pearl to bang.

Attached: F35E5246-2AE7-4B0D-9097-5EAB17055E31.png (540x639, 165K)

Steven Universe is a hell of a drug.

Why do i keep coming back, and getting burned time and time again? Why do i let them get away with it?

Attached: tumblr_p1opa2WT2S1uk5pr5o6_1280.jpg (1200x675, 62K)

I fell off this show during S3. Fuck it, I think I'm going to get caught up on this shit. I got hype as fuck when I tried to watch it at work but my connection was shit, so the episode wouldn't fucking load.

Meh I was happy garnet got some development,we should be getting the half hour special at some point,and I really didn't mind the townie episodes this time around.

A baby sister for Steven sounds nice.

user - you should be thankful you're not a Dragonball fan.

Where are these episodes at?

mega.nz/#F!9YZmhKDB!OaUpLnx4qHPlqa3JV7Rh2g
From the sug site.

At least you won't have to deal with hiatus blues. For this reason: pace yourself. One episode a day.

Attached: A04CDFBE-F46D-4A7B-9AB0-EDAFCAE8E132.jpg (1224x2168, 197K)

Most of these episodes were literally recap.

Honestly you could have just removed the majority of the Connie Steven bitching arc last bomb and replaced it with this bomb and kept jungle moon/Lars of the stars and more people would be happy.

Thank you kindly!

the reason why Townie shit was bad in the first place was because the gems were absent

>four episodes are out

GIVE ME THE MEGA! NOW!

Six posts up, moron.

Y'all gonna be mad as hell when Rose/Steven turns out to be Pink Diamond.

What band is Sadie and the Cool Kids copying. Kinda reminds me of Ghost. But that doesn't totally fit.

Why is it Steven Universe always gets burned, and yet Star vs. keeps coming up roses? Is it the shipping? Do we need to start having awful forced romances in our show to become popular? We already have a better and more-consistent plot, and better worldbuilding, so I just... I don't know.

I don't know.

Attached: starcoprogressing.jpg (2528x5000, 3.71M)

HOLY FUCK!

JUST POST BUFF GARNET ALREADY!!

some new clips from the lapis episode

bismuth.tumblr.com/post/172287822320/the-new-ad-featuring-some-new-clips-that-are

If I had even an ounce of photoshop abilities

Attached: giphy[1].gif (451x256, 711K)

Nah we need to just steer away from fandom war drama,it doesn't do any good,except for those who get a cheap thrill out of it,star vs and su are there own beasts with there own problems.
>leaks already
Fukin nice

If Letters to Lars caught us up on all of the dumb townie tripe, why didn't we just get that episode instead of having entire ones dedicated to Sadie starting a band, Dewey losing his job, or that theater guy starting a theater?
You could have easily just said "because of all the stress of what's happened..." and lead into all of that, and saved us like 7 or 8 episodes worth of time spent on literally nothing.
I miss the gems appearing as important parts of the episodes.

You got it all wrong. Star Vs isn't great because of shipping. It's great because Nefcy constantly bullies shippers and goes out of her way to make them suffer. Shippers are garbage.

Attached: star_vs_madwoman.png (622x274, 49K)

watched them all last night.
god this show fucking sucks.
1 lore for 3 filler, and thats actually BETTER than the normal ratio at this point

i am glad that after like 3 fucking years that my hypothesis that the diamonds just used a super weapon to exterminate all gems on the entire planet was validated

Well SU seems to be bullying all of their fans, and it's getting Sugar nowhere. Meanwhile, everyone else is calling Nefcy some sort of messiah in animation.

Episodes came out?

One episode came out, the other three don't count at all.

Probably because Star Vs. is full of biblical imagery and parallels.

Man cartoon network went ahead and let adventure timr have 30 minute episodes.
You'd think they would've done the same with steven universe.

When is the next bomb?

Pool Hopping and Letter to Lars were fucking great.

It shows how well the gems can work with the townies when they're allowed to interact.
I want to see Pearl being taught how to use a phone by a teenage girl, ultimately letting it slip that she only got the phone cause she got a huge pink lesbian crush.

>At least we got a lore episode!
>"Rose Quartz loved life on earth so much that she rebelled against the diamonds and eventually shattered Pink Diamond to save the earth!"
Y-yeah, I'm glad we were given some new information...

Attached: nu.jpg (766x960, 80K)

ok i havent watched them because i am making some shit but tell me , are they any good?

I mean SU has its 'shipping' but barely anything comes of it in universe.

Nobody cares about Connie/Steven or Lars/Sadie or Ruby/Saphire (except for the progressive points in terms of the third one) and they're probably the closest things to canon ships of living characters that are shown on a consistant basis (i.e. More than once). Namely because all of those characters are a) boring characters with minimum characterization or awful personalities b) ugly designs few people want to fap too. None of the are waifu/husbando material to the degree that Star versus characters are and the end games are set in stone and that's why shipping has less traction here.

Plot has more fandom hold here. But since we get fuck all in place of characters like Lars or Sadie of course people aren't as active.

That's a myth, though, and Sugar has done much more for animation than Nefcy has. Sugar has talent, is on the main channel, and did something rather unique and socially revolutionary for Y7 cartoons, while Nefcy was just in the right place at the right time and can't even draw.

I've already watched like, 4 episodes now.

It's SU. It's incredibly easy to breeze through the series.

God, I missed it. But god, I also forgot how fucking tumblr this show is.

Star vs has a much better grasp of what the audience wants to see. Steven Universe usually feels like the staff is writing it for themselves.

>Sucrose has helped the state of animation with her shit
>mfw

I'm just joking around user. I'm not here to get in a cat fight about which cunt is the better showrunner.

The band episode was kind of dumb and lore episode was pointless. The other two felt like a return to the first season's "gems dicking around in Beach City" episodes, except without the monsters attacking.

>SU bullying

It's not bullying. It's blue balling. There's a difference.

One is a sub/dom relationship that turns on perverts who like to suffer and be denied but also get what they want out of it. The other is waiting on your partner to do something and ending up getting nothing out of it.

At least they both have a cuckquean fetish

Attached: 1257149198241.png (828x350, 342K)

She's certainly done more for it than people like Alex Hrsch has. A story and character driven cartoon like this hasn't really been mainstream at all for a long time. If future cartoons take a cue from this it would be great, additionally it's actually had seom decent action in it when it feels like it other than every other show on right now.

It's like gay teen titans, but for everybody.

Shipping is stupid and gay

It was still important lore. It established that even miss "I'm supposed to know everything" Garnet either buys into the myth that Rose shattered PD with her sword, or she's in on the coverup of it, just on the CG side.

Her story seems to be a lot of propaganda. Note how the only time we see them in their actual form and not as sillhouettes is the final bit where Rose shields Garnet and Pearl from the Diamond blast.
That's likely the only 100% true part of the story.

We've been waiting on a twist with Rose for longer than I can remember, yet every new episode drops and its always the same too perfect for this world shit. We just have to face the fact that Sucrose isn't that clever.

>Both are married
>Both their self-inserts get cucked
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1521481068014.jpg (500x500, 9K)

It means they're insane and you can't trust hoes.

Attached: demon days.jpg (751x1058, 80K)

well I'm glad that at least we'll get to wait another pointless 70 episodes for more plot tidbits now that that crucial information has been bestowed upon us.

Wait, were these leaks or did they just dump them out all at once?

I'm shocked. They had a trailer saying we would get answers and all we got was fucking Garnet's retelling of the war which everyone already knew.

Fuck Sugar. At least let us see Lars and the off colors raid that colony of agates.

>3/4 episodes are townie shit

Attached: 1404276217128.jpg (900x900, 142K)

>sucrose showing anything remotely interesting or exciting

Attached: 128381249.gif (250x250, 993K)

Maybe we get it later? Pearl almost told Steve the truth so maybe that'll happen with the other four?

>Maybe we get it later?
Yeah, in the next bomb in 8 months. In which they'll say how Lion was actually a dead lion once and that is the big reveal.

>post your face when you liked all the episodes and dont care about Sup Forums's hivemind

Attached: nice.jpg (160x176, 5K)

Attached: 165833507.jpg (360x360, 15K)

Attached: 1494037314177.jpg (375x375, 31K)

>It's like gay teen titans

Your head canon is not canon

>Probably because Star Vs. is full of biblical imagery
Much less than SU in any case

Attached: 1509187839214.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

CN just posted this on their Twitter today. Thoughts?

Attached: 92D47053-D82B-48C3-AEE5-F1289B82CBFF.jpg (2048x2048, 316K)

The problen with su is that the storyboarders are wasting time in unimportant progress, because in some moment they stopped using townie episode to progress thr plot even if slowly, and made them more about stupid characther plots that nobody cares (like onion's gang and sadie) while in star vs they may have shitty episodes but know how to use some of the "fillers" to progress the plot and have no fear in upping the stakes, like the last ponyhead episode, everybody was ready to hate it but then the villian of the season murderize all the princess and her own lackies in that episode.

Half hour special,on the way,just gotta wait for the app drop
Hm, not accurate and pretty general.

Attached: 1506260524245.png (354x616, 563K)

The more realistic composition would be
20% shitposting
30% waifu posting
30% conspiracy
19% rage

O-o-o-o-o-other o-o-o-o-o-o-o-opinion wr-wr-wr-wr-wr-wr-wrong s-s-s-s-s-so I-I-I-I sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-show th-th-th-th-th-th-th-them st-s-tst-st-st-st-st-st-studdering t-t-t-t-t-to sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-shoe th-th-th-th-th-them
Bad meme

>Love
>compassion

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaha

>Theories

Yeah, can't argue with that. But at this rate the show seems to be trying to kill of the lore crafter theorist crowd on purpose.

>Heartbreak
Depends. You have those that think everything is just about depressing and sad and deep in this show. You also have those heartbroken at the state of the show.

>Existential Crisis

Not even sure if most kids that CN is aiming for would even know what that means. Someone edit it to be 100%

Attached: 1517511219764.gif (500x330, 619K)

>s-s-stop posting in a way i don't like

Attached: can u not.gif (500x500, 31K)