DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson Is Taking An Extended Leave Of Absence From The Company

>Amid recent reports of big shakeups at Warner Bros. following the disappointing box office performance of Justice League, it's just been announced that DC Entertainment President Diana Nelson will be taking a leave of absence due to "a series of personal situations."
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-entertainment-president-diane-nelson-taking-leave-absence-1097449

>When the JUST hits
When will the DCEU recover?

Attached: 1522099490824.jpg (573x360, 26K)

PASCAL FUCKING WHEN !!!!!!!!????????

Oh fuck, who could step in here? A WB placement, or someone internally?

Wasn't she the brains behind "The New 52"?

>Leave of absence
Spic here. That always sounded funny. You're already absent if you take a leave. You're just stating the reason is mere go be as far away as you can?

it's time for KING

Of course this shitty hack website is trying to sell this as related to the DCEU despite it obviously having nothing to do with it

But DCEU dogpiling gets clicks

It is thought due to her role as a bridge (along with Johns) between WB and DC that she had some input as to what was happening in WB and what WB wanted, but nothing confirmed beyond the new 52 curiously pushing characters/ideas that happened in DCEU (like Harley on SS, Barbara as Batgirl, Katana having any sort of importance).

.A woman has been removed from a position of power an influence

Only good things for the DCEU. Hopefully Kennedy get's kicked from Star Wars when Solo flops

Calm down sugar tits, despite the clickbaiting that you obviously fell for, it has nothing to do with the DCEU.

> the reason is mere go be as far away as you can

Attached: 1505921152986.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Thank fuck. As near as anybody can tell, she has done nothing but fuck shit up.

One more for the "DC is going bankrupt" column

One more for the Ladderbro compilation of retardation

>"a series of personal situations."

So does that mean she got in a screaming match with the board of directors or whatever.

If any of you retards would actually read the article she had back surgery

>Spic here. That always sounded funny. You're already absent if you take a leave. You're just stating the reason is mere go be as far away as you can?
leave in this case means permission
eg:
my lord please give me leave to avenge your slain son

etc

Hmmm, just in time for Bendis to step in.

>OMG le Bendis is here to le ruin everything XD
>Am I part of the epic memes bros?

Nope DC is dying

Don't try to obfuscate the facts with actual facts

Hi Brian, you should really stop browsing Sup Forums, you know no one likes you here

Wow I am surprised a woman screwed up when put in a position of authority

>"a series of personal situations."

Who did she badtouch?

A WB placement. That's why they moved all of DC over to Burbank.

It seems more like nobody at WB actually knew what DC did for the longest time. Given the long-time rumor that DC was run for a tax break until the IRS said no... I would guess she was brought in to oversee DC Comics becoming a more viable part of DC Entertainment, what with her prior background as a cross-company brand manager for major properties (including Harry Potter).

And it's true that DC Entertainment has seen some shakeups, not just DC Comics, but I think there was a feeling that people like Johns, Lee, Harras and DiDio were people who "got" the production side of comic books. Everybody in LA reads comics to some degree, especially since the MCU and NolBat movies rehabilitated them. But they're also people who understand that producing a thing is more complex than consuming it - so maybe they felt there were either skills or human networks that the current DC bosses brought to the pen, instead of dropping them like flaming shit.

After all, Johns is also a relatively successful producer with a background in film and television, so it's not like there was nobody on Team DC who could understand what DCE needed them to do, it's just that they were famously bad at doing it.

But if anybody actually thought Nelson was doing a bad job, they'd have fired her and the DCC shitheads long ago. It seems like they're prepared to accept that comic books just don't sell well through traditional outlets and pursue other avenues, coincidentally fucking the veteran audience (who, honestly, need to deal with it, because fuck those guys). DCE as a whole is doing fine, what with licensing its IP out to WB and New Line among others - it may not seem like that's useful, but it's at least better than paying for some other group's IP and losing money on it the way FOX does with Marvel.

Good for her. Hope she recovers.

No, not bankrupt. They'd just sink into Chapter 11.

dont think ive ever witnessed such a hate hard on of this level before.

This is Sup Forums nobody gives a fuck about the DCEU

>coincidentally fucking the veteran audience (who, honestly, need to deal with it, because fuck those guys)

I wish people like you understood that you belong on reddit. Anybody that agrees with this should blow their brains out before posting another reply here.

Fucking good. She's part of the reason the DCEU is so bad.

No you know what, the veteran audience and their fucking resistance to change are what keeps DC's sales so fucking low. Constant fucking relaunches and shitty internal crossovers with formerly well-received titles that sell well to normals - or did you think Watchmen Babies was all for you?

Because it's not. That garbage is a compromise to keep you happy and give people who maybe only ever bought one graphic novel in their lives a reason to buy some comics before your fat ass croaks and the market crashes hard for DC. They need new readers, constantly. That means change.

But you can't accept change, and you're death for them if they pander to your shitty tastes. Never mind not being able to pull ahead of Marvel - even after years of underperforming titles, DC being at Marvel's level again on dollar and unit share is a miracle - if it weren't for scum like you lapping up every Batman title there is so that DC's top ten are 60% Batman 40% books with Batman in that aren't called Batman, they could be leading the market. They could be selling new and interesting titles that you might even enjoy.

But no. We've got to have reboots every five fucking years and more Batman and the quality of Batman's title must keep dropping because god damn your daddy never paid more'n three dollar for no comic book and hells you will.

Fucking inbreed. Go choke on a pizza roll.

Diane Nelson is responsible for I stop reading DC comics with the new 52 and the reason I never go to the theater see any DCEU movie

Attached: enough.jpg (259x194, 8K)

He can't understand that because he thinks all change is good

This is why women have never had rights in every civilization in all of history

>if it weren't for scum like you lapping up every Batman title there is so that DC's top ten are 60% Batman 40% books with Batman in that aren't called Batman, they could be leading the market. They could be selling new and interesting titles that you might even enjoy.

So all your gasbagging is just "Stop hating what I like"?

REALISTICALLY SPEAKING NOW,

HOW CLOSE ARE WE TO DISNEY BUYING DC AND GETTING THE GREATEST CROSSOVER OF ALL HUMAN HISTORY ??????

When comics die it will be because the veteran buyers got sick of propping up shitty trades for faggots like you through our floppy purchases.

Fuck you.

Yeah PR people are just like that I guess

You Scott Snyder fans are pathetic

>the DCEU recover?

She had little to do with DC Films. If Cereal Lord was shit-canned, then you would have some thing to offer, ladderbro.

Fuck Johns

That's nice, dear.

I don't think they'd be allowed to since they'd own over 70% of the market of comic books, thus creating a monopoly. If anything were to happen, it'd be Disney buying WB and WB selling off DC to some other company that isn't Disney.

>pay ten dollars for twenty pages!
You could have just said you're retarded. Saved everyone the time.

Disney can't own WB more than they can't own DC for tht same reason. Which is to say they would absolutely be allowed to because our government doesn't give a fuck about media monopolies.

But your assertions is completely ass backwards. A comic monopoly isn't actionable. A media monopoly is.

>The move, announced Monday by Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara
Wasn't that guy fired?

What are you people arguing about? Superhero comic books have an exclusive, core audience who want their comics in a certain way and that's simply not going to change. Marvel's utter failure of reaching a bigger market share by making their comics diverse and DC Rebirth essentially going in the complete opposite direction and declaring "everything is back to the way it used to be, nothing is going to change ever again", and subsequently obliterating Marvel in sales and cultural relevance ever since is proof of this.

Capeshit can never change anymore because the audience that would appreciate that change has moved on to video games and anime.

dc comics>marvel comics

marvel movies>dc movies

any tv series out there>marvel and dc tv series

There are different kinds of leave from duty.
The easiest way to expand your understanding is to be aware of "medical leave" and you can extrapolate variations from that.

6 months at most

didnĀ“t even know that a woman was in charge of the DC Cinematic Universe
explains it bombed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she has been around since Green Lantern in 2011, right?

>Diane Whelan Nelson (born 1968)[1] is an American business executive who has served as President of DC Entertainment since 2009 and as President and Chief Content Officer of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment since 2013.

Attached: Hope.png (217x137, 29K)

Leave this board and never return.

Attached: 1510992518476.jpg (286x459, 37K)

Every single significant change DC has made in the past decade has been a colossal clusterfucking failure. You are a fucking idiot.

*Somebody* needs to buy WB and shake things up. Too many old farts in suits who think everything should be decided by committee. Hate Disney all you want, but they (usually) stand back and let their creative-types print money for them.

(when the accountants do get a bit too involved it results in trainwrecks like Age of Ultron, then they freak out and pull back)

There is zero reason for DC properties not to be a multi-billion franchise. Money is sitting on the table if they'd only step up and take it.

>dc
>winning
>ever
lmao

And yet DC with the latest reboot is going back to almost completely publishing new 52 type of stories.

DC doesn't have an identity right now. They have no direction and zero idea of what they want to publish. Bendis being in Superman, a depressing batman-hating fuck on Batman, Snyder taking the reins again... none of that shows any care or respect for the IPs. It's saying "Rebirth wasn't doing as well as we wanted so let's do new 52 again we just won't name it that to avoid the toxicity if the word reboot."

Marvel has a fresh start that's just as stank and dead in the water as every other start from the last 5 years too.

If this industry isn't going to crash I have yet to see any reason why.

Shut the fuck up faggot. Marvel and DC being under the same ownership would be fucking cancer.

Disney will do it when the merger dies in June

>There is zero reason for DC properties not to be a multi-billion franchise
You mean OTHER than the fact that all their stories and characters are shit?

Johns has basically been running stuff in the main line since Rebirth anyway and you can see Didio's fingers in the weirder stuff, so it probably doesn't matter.