In now are in charge of creating an new animated series about a world populated by anthropomorphic animals...

In now are in charge of creating an new animated series about a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, BUT you have to explain how and from what the carnivores feed.

How would you do it?

Attached: zootopia1.jpg (300x450, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zq6FDmqYSt0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophic_level
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fish and insects, mostly.

The fish and insects are also anthropomorphic

In fact, all animal lifeform in this setting is anthropomorphic

they all eat spaghetti

Attached: Cute+Rat+Eating+Spaghetti..jpg (530x398, 63K)

>All meat is imported from foreign countries
>Crime that forces bunny chick to track meat imports back to their origins in shithole 3rd world zootopia countries
>Massive farms of sentient herbivores being fattened and bred for slaughter
>Predators and prey cannot coexist and morals of the old movie must be rejected in a vegan revolution
>Ruin the series for everyone by forcefeeding reality into it
It would be worth it for the tumblr tears alone

Tokyo Ghoul with furries

Ecosystems don't function. Stupid world.

What if there's a vicious war between the mammals and the reptiles and the Carnivores on both sides eat the spoils?

what about the birds, fish and amphibians

Oh really? Then we do the Bojack Horseman where it's acknowledged that anthro chickens and and anthro cows are still killed and sold to feed those who need the protein. Sure they're not happy about the situation like that cow waitress, but tough luck to them.

Then life is no longer values based on how close to sapient they are, but what species they are, and the entirety of soceity is centered around one species that either eradicated the others in, or turned them into chattle because they still have to eat. Congratulations, you have either created some edgy torture, guro fapfic for furry fucks, or created the Imperium Of Bun.

There are farms dedicated to breeding and raising animals for meat. The animals in these farms are essentially braindead so they're completely unable to think or feel.

Is that how they handle it in the show? Ive seen every episode but I really havent been paying attention to the food.

Most herbivores are opportunistic carnivores themselves, specially small mammals.

There's a whole episode dedicated to it

artificial meat. the advent of its creation is what allowed herbivores and carnivores to create a unified society, and they still have some tensions.

so they just eat the mentally handicapped? I wonder if somebody would end up eating the flesh of the equivalent of Chris-Chan in this universe

They basically just clone a few of the same extremely mentally disabled chickens over and over.

In Bojacks' Universe,tge autistic and retarded are literally fooder for the rest of society.

Carnivores eat a vegetarian diet supplemented by synthetic taurine and the other nutrients obligate carnivores cannot produce without eating meat. They prefer fruit, which is easier to digest. (Some obligate carnivores in our world subsist heavily on fruit when it is in season. Jaguars are known to raid avocado orchards and pine martens eat so many blueberries their poop turns blue.)

The dead are not buried, but harvested for meat. The drugs wars are now the meat wars.

That concept always reminds me of the Better Off Ted episode where they have to create an artificial meatball that is technically living tissue just attached to nothing but cables and cant make it taste good

>Go on, what is it like?
>It tastes like... Despair

>Better Off Ted
God I love that show 2 seasons does not do it justice. I don't think Netflix even has it anymore

They're not born like that, they're "lovingly injected" with a hormone. Makes you wonder, the food in Bojack Horseman's universe is drugged. No wonder Todd is an asexual guy.

The drug chickens at birth. See: Bojack Horseman.

>All species are separate like tribes
>Since naught but specific very close species can interbreed, politcal marraiges are impossible.
>Species have different values, not only because of culture, but because of hardwiring, making them completely alien to each other.
>Most species have to eat others to survive, and those that don't will often have to compete for resources anyways.
>Diplomacy would be rare, and alliances tentative and temporary, as they wpuldnt have to “de-speicies-ize” them as they are already fundamentally and culturally alien
>attempts at Wholesale genocide, or enavement as cattle would not be uncommon for carnivorse, herbivores, or omnivores
>Whatever species emerges the victor will come out with an extremely distrusting, antagonistic, and violent apporach to other life
>in the grim darkness of the far past, there is only war

But that's just humans.

Option one, artificial meat. We're already getting there at the moment, it only makes sense.

Option two, fuck you and your "after the fact" rules, anthropomorphic and non-anthropomorphic animals can exist side by side, and problem solved apart from bipedal cows being pissed off. End of discussion.

In essence yes, but humans have gained a value for sappience becuase we were the only animals that had it, and when we did awful things to each other, we had to rationalize it by dehumanizing the enemy. In a multi species world like this, not only would sapiences be less valued, because it is not a unique trait of your group anymore but one that all other monsterous groups who try to fuck you over have too. And since they are not only culturally, but fundamentally different in both body and brain, they wouldnt even have to go through the trouble of dehumanizing them. It would go straight to “Fuckin’ Xenos!” Territory.

I guess im retarded

Homo Sapiens genocided all Neanderthals and many, many other subspecies and off-shoot races before they were even close to organized. Different species dont get to have civilization before wiping eachother out, the competition is too fierce.

don’t make me think of a situation like this, as my vore, domination, and humiliation fetishes will make it way worse than it should be...

Case in point? The villain would win.

Attached: CDF057A2-4FBC-4A4E-8F9D-E397E7D80E40.jpg (1275x1800, 898K)

That was my point. That even if the different species were all sapient, they would still have killed each other off, their intellectual side would just be less squeamish about doing so.

>"WHO DECIDES THE FATE OF ANIMALS!?"

youtube.com/watch?v=zq6FDmqYSt0

>"We shall eat MEAT, like any civilized creature does"

Attached: Untitled.png (1279x671, 1.49M)

Just make it so that the ignorent young work hard to become food while those too smart to achieve scholastically go on to live long miserable lives aware that they are eating their school mates who had short glorious lives.

is this some projection user

Artificial, pill-form food designed for maximum vitamin, protein, and general nutrition for any and all species.

The pills taste like candy.

Done.

Easy, I'd just say that they eat people.

Yeah I think something along these lines is the answer, if you really wanted to avoid the eating of other living things the food would have to be artificial.

Ha ha! You wouldn't know would you?

That would then imply an advanced technology, and therefor psychology of the designers of said machines.

So either they would have some dark parts of the past of the planet's history, or they were assisted by another advanced civilization.

But let's not focus on the hypotheticals. What's the plot? Who's the mark?

Youbimplied this would happen way after there had been a cultural conscience to remember it.

Simply put, this extinction event would leave no memory on the winners.

This is like 10 steps farther than I was thinking. I just thought the OP was implying the setting was essentially zootopia with all animals being sentient, so the goal was to avoid eating them. In that kind of scenario the only possibility I see is artificial, soylent-esque, food.

Soylent-esque food sounds like a great plot for a darker setting geared towards a more mature audience though.

Might as well address the issues of growing population and resource scarcity while were stampeding through this kind of territory.

There are still animalistic animals along with saipent animals just some developed sapience long ago and domesticated the ones that weren't. I don't know if humans were to exist but they'd be like boogeumen with a legend claiming you become one when you eat smarter animals

They eat humans.

Boom, foodsource and peace among themselves all in one.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

Just force preds to go vegan or else they get the shock.

Black market

Attached: 57B8F1D3-F934-459C-A151-F2E9F1D0461B.jpg (750x1243, 418K)

Fingers have no meat. You might get a good sleep sink going though

dude whta the fuck

Then why do we eat chicken fingers? Check mate.

Is beastar it has similar themes as beta zootopia

Attached: 22D87B86-A180-46B8-8FC0-FFD42C91C867.jpg (750x1052, 316K)

Animals lower on the chain make lots if babies. The best babies are raised, the rest are harvested for organs & meat.

Or herbivores simply kill all carnivores.

Oh yes. But his meat may be fatty & undelectable.

Scientists are growing meat in labs now y'know. I think they want some on the market by the end of the decade.

I was thinking this too, but that's high-level technology. How would the society manage before then?

I'd insert several fictional fantasy species of animals that aren't sentient. Like the Tokage lizards from Usagi Yojimbo, except more than just lizards. The anthro animals eat those.

Attached: tokage09.jpg (319x288, 15K)

>what is soy and mushrooms

Tofu bro, among other things

I feel like theres a few significant differences based on the other image

The furries were just created by a High Evolutionary-esque figure who already had the meat-growing technology.

soylent green.

I'll accept that, and honestly now I want to see that now.

Do what they did in You are Umasu and have the carnivores be unapologetic in the dietary habits.

Beat me to the post.

The human race is actually divided into two families; regular homo-sapiens, and anthropomorphic animals.
Regular animals still exist and carnivorous anthro humans feast on them. Homo-sapien eating anthro humans and vice-versa is still considered cannibalism.

Attached: pepsi_draw.png (729x531, 43K)

>Jabberwocky

It will change the way we do business

If the carnivores had evolved to eat things other than prey they'd lose their fans, claws snd ability to hunt and thus would not remain the species we know

I dont think thats necessarily true, vestigial organs are a thing

keep in mind that the Zootopia directors confirmed that Zootopia's carnivores eat fishes and insects, and they aren't depicted in the movie so nothing can assure that they are anthropomorphic too

Wasn't every animal in the movie a mammal? You know, what we humans are? Elephants attaining higher intelligence seems resonable, but there's absolutely no way a fish or reptile could do the same.

Being an orca must be hard though. They're basically eating tiny versions of the themselves.

so you think a fish is "a tiny orca" ? xD

the only anthro species are mammals, the others arent anthro

>Just force preds to go vegan or else they get the shock.
Life just got a whole lot worse for obligate carnivores like the big cats, they are biologically incompatible with vegan diets.

>the only anthro species are mammals, the others aren't anthro.
>the others aren't anthro.
Didn't the directors tease the possibility of birds and lizards being a possibility for potential sequels?

I thought they had pretty much ruled them out of the universe entirely. Not like it matters though since I doubt a sequel is coming within the next 5 years.

In the comic Age of Arcadia, apparently, it gets explained that just because sapient and sentient animals evolved from normal animals, it does not mean there are non-sentient animals out there still.

In other words, just because there is a cow-person, there is also still some form of plain old un-sentient cow.

So farming and agriculture still just go on the way it does in our world. A meat eater eats a un-sentient chicken, not a bird-person.

I find this to be the most logical explanation.

>just eat monkeys bro xDDDD

you do know there are places that eat monkeys normally and cannibalism is way more common in nature than not

This rodent seems to be happy about eating some spaghet

Yeah, that's where AIDS came from. They didn't fuck the apes, they ate them.

pretty sure it was under cooked or the meat was tainted

So, it seems like Age of Arcadia has tons of species.

I figure the bird might eat a monkey lol.

But seriously, I think it is more like, you cant judge our society on the same scale as one with tons of sentient species.

I assume a cat person wont eat a cat, but a cat person might eat a farmed chicken, but there is a technical reason for that as much as a cultural one.

Part of farming is about the trophic scale. It is why we (typically) don't eat bears or wolfs. They are too high up on the trophic scale for there to be a good cost-benifit ratio.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophic_level

This explains it well.

So they will still handle farming things they way we do.

Cow people just have to deal with the fact that wolf people are eating some distant evolutionary relative that branched off the phylogenetic tree early and never evolved sentience.

Attached: Age of Arcadia Characters.jpg (1200x833, 489K)

Birds and fish.

Prehistoric carnivores ate meat. With civilisation it they invented soy, milk, mushrooms and bean products are meat substitutes. Many carnivores changed overtime to eat more vegetables than their ancestors. Otherwise mollusk, worms and zooplankton is used for meat.

If they eat meat from animal people, they are considered ghouls or sociopath killers.

>sequel

Kid. It's over. Let it go.

Wreck it Ralph has a sequel, there is no way Zootopia won't.

Land dwellers reached the predator/prey pact first, quickly ramping up fishing while insect farms were set up. Whales are believed to have gone extinct in the decades that followed.

Sea life speaks their own language, better suited to life underwater, and since water isn't exactly good for fire, writing or tool making and usage, civilization spread way slower, and signs of it are yet to be found by land dwellers.

Overfishing set things off for the forming of a p/p pact though, and made sea life highly aggressive towards land dwellers, making deep sea exploration impossible.
This change in behaviour has gone unnoticed however, as far as land dwellers are concerned sea life has always been dangerous and tbheir aggressiveness isn't due to being sentient.

Insects can't speak either, communicating with pheromones and dance, and outside hives their already short lifespan is further reduced by nature doing it's thing, not to mention pesticides, so no real civilization and definitely no pact either.
Insect domestication was already a thing, with apiculture and the anteater's ant farms, and quickly all other insects were domesticated too.
Vicious critters like scolopendras, scorpions and spiders are killed on sight, and the rest are only allowed to grow intu grubs, save for a few studs to keep things going.
Everyone thinks insects too small to have a brain capable of sentience, but there's "vegetarian" movements among the smaller animals, both to eat fish or protein rich plants instead, and to stop insect farming.
There's even been attempts at uplifting insects to show they can be sentient too, but these attepts are yet to be successful, both in their goal and in telling the world before the gov assasinates them.

Nigga, that imminent trainwreck may end up being the very reason Zootopia won’t get a sequel.

it's Disney, give them a couple years and we'll have a "live-action" zootopia remake

Using fursuit actors.

Pull a bo jack horseman type explination

Are we talking about Zootopia mammals or furries?

Because if the latter, I could go on all day about furgonomics.

Everyone is overthinking this.

I don't think it's realistic to have everyone be sentient yet carnivores still exist. If a carnivore were to form a society, progress of at least one species would quickly be halted and turned into a food supply.

Or there could be no carnivores because they require way too much food anyway.

Ideally everyone would be vegan. They'd just superficially look like what we imagine carnivores to look like.

The Bojack way

ok where did that reddit spacing come from

Meat Farm

Attached: this dont need further explanations.png (313x195, 155K)

THEY EAT HUMANS!!!

Literal Dr. Moreau-ish creatures created with the miracles of genetic and atomic mutation.