Why do fags insist this show isn't canon to the MCU?

Marvel itself considers it canon, the countless references to the show across the MCU (Age of Ultron, Civil War, Netflix shows and Doctor Strange).

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 12K)

It's one way canon, just like Netflix, meaning the movies will NEVER reference the shows.

I wonder why people avoid talking about capeshit without capes?

Yeah, except how Spider-Man made all of the supplemental shows non-canon by way of giant inconsistency

The movies have LITERALLY never referenced the TV shows. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 79D192EA-182A-4217-9839-DA9A426B1F93.jpg (507x500, 121K)

Nick referencing Coulson and Theta Protocol.

Attached: download (1).jpg (210x240, 9K)

Not a reference. He was referring to all the personnel on board. They were all part of Shield. The kid Crossbones almost shot in Winter Soldier is there.

Try again.

That's a simple line the show worked around to make it seem planned out, and it wasn't. Again, reactive to the movies, and they didn't reference the show

Not a movie retard

Because it's a meme.

Also is also correct. They're canon, but the movies have final say, kind of like how Star Wars worked with the old EU.

Why do you want to make garbage canon, user? Let's talk about you instead.

This isn't a direct reference but AOS was the first in the MCU to introduce the Kree and there is a line in Civil War where Vision mentions how people with superpowers have been growing ever since The Avengers which might be a reference to to the Inhumans.

Nope. He’s strictly referring to the superheroes from the movies.

No, he's not. He's referring to the expanding Avengers numbers. Inhumans are practically nonexistent in the MCU movies, thank god

The Doctor Strange is a Night Nurse reference, the Nurse in Doctor Strange was one of the Night Nurses in the comics and that's the Hospital she worked in.

Also why are you so butthurt about what some anons say and are desperate to prove your show is canon? If you like it then enjoy it while it lasts regardless of the movies acknowledging it.

Also pretty much what says, it's a one way canon.

We will know if it's canon if Blue Jude Law turns Pink when exposed to nitrogen in Captain Marvel and if Korath turns brown when exposed to methane.

It's just trolling, people know saying it isn't canon gets people upset

Did you all miss the part in Ragnarok where Thor says "After this I am going to go meet with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist"? I swear it's like you people don't even watch the movies!

>Age of Ultron isn't a movie

>LISTENING TO WHEDON
I don't care what it was for, look at this fucker and laugh. He deserves it.

Now fuck off

Attached: Dr Strange References Netflix Shows.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

A movie by Whedon who said AoS wasn't canon, also the fact that AoS decided to make a story out of that scene doesn't mean AoU referenced AoS.

Nah he was referencing Spidey, Wanda, Quicksilver and heroes from the movies.

Seriously the movies don't care what happens in the shows, learn to accept it and just enjoy the show.

It's like how the Russos where asked about the whole Inhumans getting their powers from contaminated Fish (or whatever) and how it would play on Civil War and the Russos flat out just said that they didn't watch the shows and had no idea what was happening there.

Marvel TV is essentially the EU to the Star Wars movies and not as connected because Lucas oversaw some of the EU stuff meanwhile Marvel Studios is split from Marvel Entertainment.

referencing their common source pool doesn't make them mutually canon

Look, man, I've been here with Star Wars.

Marvel is not going to mix the TV shows and the movies. They don't have the personnel to do it, nor the will.

Maybe in a few years.

Again Christine Palmer was one of the Night Nurses in the comics and the Nurses worked in Metro General. It wasn't a reference to the Netflix shows as much as it was the place that one of the characters in worked at in the comics being used for the Doctor Strange movie.

It would have been a Netflix reference if we saw Rosario Dawson working there in Doctor Strange or if Christine referenced her or the attack on the Hospital that happened in Daredevil.

This

Attached: Metro_General_Hospital_001.jpg (424x460, 105K)

Careful with those goalposts, son. You'll throw out your back.

But he's right

But when he makes that comment, almost none of the avengers actually had superpowers.

>Thor
>Hulk
>Captain America
>Wanda
>Pietro (deceased)
>Himself
And he was also referring to the villains they faced, thus backing his point about their presence inciting challenge

>it's not a reference, I don't care that it was first introduced in the shows
The state of headcanoners

>Thinking they included Metro general because of the shows and not because they were using Night Nurse.
The only headcanoner Sup Forumsfag is you, especially when the movie people don't give a shit about the shows to try and throw them a bone. Even Chloe was pissed because the movies don't acknowledge them.

Not to mention Spider-Man.

Going by this “Isn’t canon” logic, that would imply that all comics that aren’t flagship comics (ASM, Batman) aren’t canon unless directly referenced in the flagship titles

>they reference some Literal Who character nurse from a show

We don’t want that.

You KNOW we don’t want that. We want some actual fucking appearance from like Daredevil.
Not his secretary.

Not his best friend or some nurse or the guy who sells him hot dogs.

That actual fucking GUY. I absolutely don’t give two shits of a rats ass how many name drops or side shit you have in the movie- actually drop some fucking people into it, then we’ll talk. Until then, I could care fucking less about this one way canon street. But that would require effort.

Your logic is flawed because tv and film are different mediums with different story structures. Same way why I can't compare a comic to a movie

>or the guy who sells him hot dogs
W-well I wanted that...

It's not even the same thing, for once all those comics are under the same division and the Flagship comics do occasionally reference the non flagship comics.

Marvel TV is under Marvel Entertainment and the MCU movies are under Marvel Studios and so far Marvel Studios hasn't acknowledged Marvel TV.

It's like another user said it's a "one way canon" for Marvel TV or at best Marvel TV is to Marvel Movies what the EU was for Star Wars.

Stan Lee is in both the TV and the movies therefore they are canon to each other, chekc mate.

Along with the X-Men, F4, and old Daredevil movies.

That would be true, only Marvel’s stuff takes the whole shared universe idea from the comics, films stories are usually told in their own self contained universe with a few exceptions, Marvel’s films and shows take place in the same universe just like the majority of their comics. I’d say the logic stands pretty well

By that logic the old Incredible Hulk show is canon to the MCU and so are the old F4 movies and the Princess Diaries.

Loeb can say "its all connected" as much as he wants, but it's called the marvel CINEMATIC universe and only Feiges opinion matters.

Attached: feige.jpg (1748x984, 296K)

It's true it's the Marvel CINEMATIC universe not the Marvel Cinematic and TV Netflic universe.

Inhumans should never be canon and just by that the TV shit can Fuck off.

Marvel Comics also has alternate universes and comics that take place in alternate universe, so going by your logic and the way Marvel movies treat it the Marvel TV stuff can also be happening in an alternate universe :^)

still don't get why they couldn't get the Netflix guys in one of the movies.

Daredevil Season 1 being canon I'm fine with. Everything else should be flushed out and everyone else should get recasted.

Netflix really went to the shitter, hopefully Moon Knight ends up being a movie and not a TV show or else get ready for Konshu to be Wizzer tier.

I really liked The Inhumans.

I just don't understand the autism over it either way. It's obviously a one-way canon, which I think is enough. I mean did anyone ever really expect the shows to tie in to the movies in any meaningful fashion? It's just not feasible for numerous reasons.

Alright I’ll give you that.

He doesn't get to call the shots on this shit you idiot.

>gets proven wrong
>moves goal posts

>It's just not feasible
They're making billions of dollars off this shit, it's feasible as fuck they just don't care.

>Pryde of the X-Men is canon to the MCU

Attached: 1369093251287.gif (229x176, 987K)

I think it's better that the movies aren't referencing the tv shows, that way the tv shows aren't as restricted with what they can do. Look how good Agents of Shield got once all the Winter Soldier shit was out of the way

Anything is possible since Coulson is returning to the MCU for Captain Marvel. They've also said that they're going to resolve The Avengers finding out he was alive this whole time (Whether that's on the show itself or in Avengers 4 remains to be seen).

Captain Marvel is set in the 90s, so I doubt anything has done in the show since Avengers will be relevant

supposedly, that black widow novel thats sold in like, target and barnes n noble and such, claims that at some point in time post-AoU each core avenger was notified of coulson being alive

I thought I was free from all of this canon debate when I bailed out of Doctor Who...

>Netflix
>canon

>ever watching Doctor Nu in the first place

>Has no argument besides "da moved goalpost"
The state of headcanon Sup Forumsfags

Oh wow this is so sad.

Coulson returning is set in the past, I doubt anyone in Captain Marvel or the MCU gives a shit what AoS does, especially now that AoS seems like it's going to end.

At the most they just throw the Marvel TV people a bone and tell them some of what they'll do but that's about it.

You know how many "prelude to" comics or books about the MCU get contradicted when the next movie happens? It doesn't mean shit.

What do I need to argue? I proved you wrong.
Only two. GOTG 1 prelude and Cap 1 prelude

Interestinly the Kree are gonna appear in Captain Marvel and since Shield still has the dead kree body that would be later used for Project TAHITI, it would be an interesting connection.

>The TAHITI Kree originates from Captain Marvel
God I'd squirt,

Not just Whedon, Mackie shot that shit down too
>“Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. [Marvel Studios president] Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world. It wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t work at all,”

>B-but i proved you wrong
Lol suuuuure.

Nah the tahiti kree was from World War 2, Im just saying if the Kree in Shield's possession might play a minor role like that's how Shield has information on the Kree or it ends up giving powers to Carol Danvers. Also the inhumans might get mentioned in the movie considering the project was the Kree's first ever contact with Earth.

Which goes to show that shit is not canon it's just promotional material.

>Also the inhumans might get mentioned in the movie
Nigger you serious?

None of that is going to happen.

>Wanting AoS to be canon so badly you want Feige to acknowledge the Shithumans.

Feife dropped them for a reason user, and he laughed and refrained from commenting when asked about the show's failure.

Thanks for the laugh

I don't really want the movie to reference them but lore wise the Kree created the Inhumans.

Do you want Carol's movie to fail?

>99489351
>Sup Forumsfags have bait this weak
Done with (you)

Only Sup Forumsfag here is you for not knowing Night Nurse worked in Metro Hospital in the comics and that they only have that in the movie because of her character. No one who worked in Doctor Strange gives a shit about your non-canon TV shows.

Also thanks for my (you) have one in return, it won't help with your butthurt but there are creams for that in the store.

Not that user, but if the shows are supposed to be canon and it was introduced in the show first then it has to be a reference to that.

Vision could also be referring to possible offscreen villains the Avengers have faced between movies. Iirc, when the twins first show up in Age of Ultron there are a few throwaway lines about how they're different from other Enhanced, implying the Avengers have encountered super powered Hydra guys between WS and AoU.

>but if the shows are supposed to be canon
Keyword is supposed, the movie people don't acknowledge them.

Also again they pulled Metro Hospital from the comic just how all the Spider-Man movies have the Daily Bugle because of the Spider-Man comics. Pretty sure no one in the Doctor Strange movie wanted Metro Hospital because of the shows, and unless you can prove that then nope.

AoS is as canon as the Venom movie is to the MCU, Feige will say "Oh it's the same universe but we won't reference it" and then continue to ignore it.

Except if homecoming had daily bugle and then daily bugle showed up in captain Marvel then it would be a reference to Homecoming since Homecoming is supposed to be canon. Your logic makes no sense

Well Homecoming and Captain Marvel are BOTH made by Marvel Studios.

I still doubt the Doctor Strange people did it because of the Netflix shows again they had a character called Night Nurse and Metro General was where she worked at, how hard is that to understand?

Homecoming IS canon there's no supposed about it.

>he wants this shit to be MCU canon
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1444197558476.jpg (960x540, 53K)

Well for starters Homecoming and Captain Marvel would reference each other if that happened and Spider-Man and Carol would appear in the same movie as oppose to just having Carol reference Spider-Man and Spider-Man ignoring her.

That's because they are both made by the same Studio.

So basically what you're saying is that if we ignore the fact that the people creating the shows and Disney say that they are canon they are not canon.

user, ignore the canon shit for a moment.

>Doctor Strange has a character named Christine Palmer
>In the comics Christine Palmer was a characters who went by the alias Night Nurse.
>Night Nurse worked in a place called Metro General Hospital and here it is .
>Therefore they used the Hospital where the character they are using for the movie (who is Christine Palmer) worked in.

Wether it's the same Hospital as the Netflix show in your mind or whatever that's a whole different thing and it's irrelevant! What I'm trying to tell you is that they didn't name the Hospital because of the Netflix show (who did it because they made Claire Temple into their Night Nurse) they did it because Derrickson read a few issues of Night Nurse and decided to use her character (which he mentions in an interview) and most likely pulled the name Metro general Hospital from her comic.

And the fact the Book of Cagliostro was based on the Darkhold.

Not only that, marvel studios wouldn’t let them call her night nurse in the show because they intended to use that character in the doctor strange movie. So not only are the tv shows not canon, they are totally cucked

Having a speculative discussion is sad? You sound like a fun guy to talk to.

They've stated one of the reasons the shows couldn't be referenced is out of sync schedules, and with the show possibly ending and Infinity war bringing an era to an end, I can't imagine a better time.
And as for the prequel, we know Coulson is returning and he's bringing 5 years of this character with him (and Gregg has been a big advocator for crossing over), he could be the bridge, even if it's just a throwaway line. But like I said to the fun guy, I'm just speculating, it might not happen but I don't think it's impossible.

If it happens it would be a throwaway line by Coulson at Clark Gregg's behest but I doubt you'll get more than that.

This show is shit

It's feasible, but only if you have a Lucasfilm-level cross-media team.

Marvel... doesn't.

Attached: Rogue.One.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv_snapshot_01.37.59_[2018.03.27_16.34.39].jpg (1920x808, 216K)

I don't get it either. I fucking hate what the MCU has become but it's clear as fuck that the shows are canon. it's probably just a shitty meme at this point or stupid people on this board actually believing that shit because they have never watched the show or the movies

people are always saying the show isn't canon when they actually mean to say that the shows and movies are seperate from one another. the show has literally referenced the movies several times and even played a pivotal role in some of the events happening in some of the movies (Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron). It's just easier for the movies to do their own thing because things would just get convulted

>literal proof that shows are canon
>finds some dimwit excuse why it's not true
there's not a single thread that isn't occupied by childish shitposters

You think proof of Lucasfilm having their shows and cross-media as canon means that Marvel does as well? Are you retarded?

I assume you meant to reply to the guy above me because nowhere did I mention Star Wars.
also, you are clearly unable to read because he was stating that only the people involved in star wars are able to pull off cross-media properly while the MCU sucks at it