Attached: images (9).jpg (183x275, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue0K3gtAAY
youtube.com/watch?v=5SepcT0KtUM
youtube.com/watch?v=LNUqOoBBl40
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The one you just posted

The better question is what was worse Energon or Combiner Wars?

Beast Wars.

I'd say energon is probably worse because it's longer but I've never wanted to torture myself enough to watch either

Have seen all the American stuff except RID and the Unicron trilogy. I quit RID because it was so god damn awful and they wasted the cool shark design on such a dumb character. Is Unicron any good?

Look as a self proclaimed transformers fan I'm kind of ashamed to admit this but I have not watched beast wars. That 90s 3D animation really turns me off. Can you guys sell me on it?

Which RID?

RID2015 is generally crap until the very last 2 episodes of the whole show because they decided to write a compelling finale, and even then it's kind of iffy with the big bad being given little in the way of characterization.

Armada is alright. Energon is disgusting. Don't know about Cybertron though, didn't care to watch it after the blunder that was Energon.
I believe he meant the 2001 RID that was a dubbed anime.

RID2015 was alright

How good is Transformers Prime? The only reason I know anything about it is the robo shipping.

I wasn't talking about 2015. 2015 doesn't have any good designs.

/thread

The only thing I know about transformers prime is Paper Plane's review and that as a child I thought it was the reason animated was canceled so I don't care for it but it's probably mediocre

I haven't watched Combiner Wars. What makes it so bad that people are saying it's as bad as Energon?

They are all shit.
The whole franchise should be reduced to youtube clips of Optimus and Megatron shouting at each other because that tension is where all the good shit and flavor comes from.

Everytime they dive deeper than that, it is just plain miserable and boring.
The world needs to be established since it is a good stage for their conflict but it is always boring and dissapointing whenever they try to explore it any further than that.

...It's just a fucking toyline. It should just be a series of short kickass commercials that capture your imagination, give you the bullet points of the setting and then let your imagination take over.
The franchise never had enough substance for a series. Ever.

The Devastation game did it good. It is all style and no substance, tight paced showing off of cool shit, but it knows that's exactly what plays to the strengths of the franchise so it works.

Beast Wars____

I couldn't disagree more. Grasshopper that turns into racecar is great.
So of course he never got a toy.

Attached: 1518495874738.jpg (1014x754, 161K)

There's a guy on /toy/ and /m/ that posts in every thread about how Beast Machines was the better show and that Beast Wars humor ruins it for him.

Bad animation quality, mixed with really strange writing, mixed with bad mixing.

I'd say Energon's bad in the "I don't really want to watch this" kind of way, while Combiner Wars is hilarious to watch it's so bad.

It's pretty good, but the first season is much better than the last two. The first season has a unique plot while seasons 2 and 3 are pure macguffin chases.

The Paper Plane review is a bit annoying because of him ripping off Red Letter Media at the start and him clearly not wanting to publicly say he likes RID, but he's otherwise completely right.

Fuck off

The RID designer is great

Attached: Soundwave.png (665x549, 578K)

it's so grimdark, it gets dull and depressing.

While Beast Wars is the superior show holy fuck I do agree the humor in it is garbage and really should have been left out of what was otherwise a perfect show.

And when it DOES attempt humor...
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue0K3gtAAY

Attached: 1200194498040.gif (333x250, 1.55M)

I've been watching Transformers for 15 years now and outside of G1 making me laugh because of dumb bullshit the only time I've laughed at something intentional was the RID episode Pretzel Logic.
They should let Bumblebees voice actor write more episodes.

The only thing wrong with Animated is that it didn't get two more seasons. Also the animation budget could have been higher.

Attached: tumblr_nkmkvmHrVG1u9wmsvo6_1280.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Less references would have also been nice. But yeah for something called Animated it didn't live up to its name often.

Attached: Battlestars_super_megatron_born.png (472x351, 350K)

RID15 because they know how to wrap up a season and keep them self-contained. Others drag it out too long and get cancelled before they can properly finish the plot.

The TFwiki people are so butthurt about that they call season three season 2.5 even though the Menasor production art says "Season 4" on it.

Le epic "no transformers show gets more then three seasons" meme.

Eh, never liked the whole Decepticons as rebels gone bad thing

Out of all the origins of the war explaining why both sides are the way they are I still like the original animated series' the best of the Decepticons being made as military hardware and the Autobots being made as manual laborers.

Well it was only meant to have two seasons. Hence why season two ties up everything. But it actually over performed, so they ordered two more seasons. Season two was rushed into production because of this and only had six episodes but it had the budget of an entire season in those six. And they just decided to end it on season four. They had ideas for season five with the kids from Prime returning and Steeljaw teaming up with the Prime human villains but they rather move onto other projects so they did.

I just like that they gave us so much new shit. Even if you didn't like RID you should at least appreciate it wasn't just a rehash of old characters every week. Pity He Man fans...

I'm currently making my way through G1 and just finished episode 10, I'm surprised that hasn't been brought up yet.

Attached: 1299192096451.jpg (2524x2346, 1.67M)

youtube.com/watch?v=5SepcT0KtUM

It's not brought up until after the movie I think

Prime's first season is really solid, but after that the episodes continuously fluctuate wildly between "amazing" and "fucking terrible."

Doesn't get brought up until season 3. Until then the best guess as to what their origin was would be the same as the Marvel Comic, with naturally ocurring levers, gears and pulleys.

>user hasn't watched Beast Wars
>post the one of two most spoilerly things you could about the series to get them into it
WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Rescue Bots.

If it helps any, the animation gets a quality bump between seasons 1 and 2. Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=LNUqOoBBl40

Excited for that new season bro?

Attached: loliwhirl.png (228x399, 175K)

Not that user but I am.

Anyone else feel that TFP was "tainted" by Kurtzman and Orci? They always throw out cool ideas on the table but have no idea how to carry it through. Many things in TFP like earth = unicron and humans planted into dead TFs seemed like their unused movie ideas.

About that...

Attached: aligned behind the scenes.png (1656x1654, 2.74M)

Cybertron is actually kind of decent. I almost wish they'd made it a completely separate show like the Japanese version so it wouldn't be burdened by being attached to the other two UT shows.

>The franchise never had enough substance for a series. Ever.

Attached: wrong..jpg (1100x733, 74K)

The English version pretty much is separate, all you need to do is ignore it's status as a "sequel". It never comes up in the actual show except for that short bit in the last episode with the Armada/Energon characters they shoved in.

BWII is fun
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ

I hope she can fly around in robot mode with those things. She'll be like a blue robot Tails, only without the baggage of being a Sanic character. Thank christ.

Samefagging nostalgiafag

>Beast Wars
>Animated
>Prime
>G1
All good. All flawed in some way.

There are a lot of criticisms you can give RID15, but "no good designs" isn't one of them.

Decepticons being rebels gone bad is actually one of the best things to happen to general Transformers lore.

It reinforces the idea of Megatron as a charismatic, egocentric ideologue that started going against the genuinely flawed system of pre-war Cybertron, before he himself became a larger problem. It adds just enough grey to both factions to make both adherents and contenders of each side justifiable. The Autobots are still the good guys and the Decepticons are still the bad guys, but individually the characters might not be so set in stone.

It's what gives Animated and RID15 the best flavor of recent Transformers cartoons.

Generally the two important things for a transformers show are ideas and execution. RID15 had some really cool ideas but terrible execution, while Cybertron didn't really have any unique ideas but executed the formula very well.

Ultimately Beast Wars and Animated come out on top, being well made stories that introduce, explain, and use a number of concepts well. Modern Transformers owes a lot to these series. (Sparks, protoforms, body types, origin of factions)

G1 and Prime get honorary mentions, being quite good in their own ways (but having flaws) and being integral to part of Transformers canon rather than the entire thing. (respectively being the first show and codifying a lot of Cybertronian biology)

Attached: Nothing personal Starscream.webm (1280x720, 260K)

*uses processor-over-matter*

Attached: Prowl.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Is that Sari's final form?

>anything but Beast Wars

Attached: 1512664442341.gif (480x360, 1.84M)

>the Decepticons being made as military hardware and the Autobots being made as manual laborers.

This is actually also subtly true in Animated. They just never went into it, but you can see it in how all the Autobots' weapons are tools and only the Decepticons have guns.

And the decepticons are bigger and stronger

Beastwars was a fucking great series, but it aged like a glass of milk mixed in with raw meat.

I always thought that was just to tie into Rescue Bots. But yeah, I kinda liked how they made most of the Animated team shit like emergency services. It's a subtle touch.

>show without best Megatron
No thanks

Attached: tumblr_olwaloLGct1ubkvmio1_1280.jpg (1178x648, 74K)

Not everything needs to be "grey" and a bunch of construction workers somehow lording it over literal war machines doesn't really make sense unless it's earned in the narrative like the Predacons in Beast Wars who are forcibly nerfed decepticons from a war we actually saw them lose.

Attached: Blackarachnia.jpg (1368x2546, 978K)

It's worth a watch. I kind of agree with the change in direction hurt the series, but at least they got to wrap things up instead of Animated's "what do you mean there's no season 4?!" conclusion.

RiD15 was actually a breath of fresh air for me, though, especially after the kinks got worked out of the show after its weak first season finale so we may have different tastes.

Yeah that Raksha shit was only really in Aligned and IDW.

It's fine in small doses but I feel like a lot of creators use it as an excuse to make the Cons too misunderstood. Prime was fine, the cons were clearly an insane cult of war, IDW despite having the Cons be maniacs spends a lot of time apologizing for them.

Honestly the first season was the worst and if people only watched that I would completely understand the hate it got.
But the fourth season is one of the best seasons in Transformers Media.

Attached: tfrid2ttw4-01.png (400x571, 311K)

Season 4 was IMO the weakest, they were wasting till time till the finale.

What wasting time, they had a Stunticon arc with bits of Soundwave stuff in it, then Soundwave, then the final. With little monster of the week in between.
You just liked the final the best.

I don't think I've ever heard a stranger opinion

Attached: d1a0c1d59c63088291a75cae571db84f.png (370x530, 309K)

Also the finale was set up a bit during the Stunticon arc too, with the high council deleting the Stunticons past crimes. And they kept alluding to something bad happening on Cybertron the entire show.

>best Megatron
>severed head for one season
>sits on his ass in a cave for the other

This. This so fucking much. Animated Megs LOOKED amazing, and SOUNDED amazing but he did jack shit and we only got to see him actually fight twice. Biggest waste of a character ever.

Corey Burton acted the hell out of him, but I think I like Prime's Megatron best. You get a feeling for why he is the way he is, and his flaws and problems are the reason the whole Decepticon movement is the way it is.

Megatron being a gladiator who never quite left the ring, mentally, is a GREAT setup for ol'buckethead and explains why he does dumb cartoon villain shit like have one on ones with Optimus and encourage his minions to act like a fucking wrestling heel stable. The Decepticons as a cult of personality was really fun as well; I liked Animated's cons individually, but they never came together as a team on camera, which was frustrating.

>is a powerful endgame boss and mastermind instead of a "villain of the day" jobber
>bad

>act like a fucking wrestling heel stable
I CHEATED AT OUR DUEL TO DECIDE THE FATE OF OUR WAR, PRIME, AND YOU BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT! EVEN MY OWN MOTHERBOARD BOUGHT IT!

Attached: 26pmhmjxjnb01.png (1190x892, 1.95M)

>I'veseenenoughhentai.gif

Like did we have to wait till the last two episode to go back to Cybertron.

When he never does anything and yet we have to endure through an entire season of shitty human villains, yes its bad. I'm not even asking for a lot, just one or two more fights.

Bump

Attached: BWN_19_Bump.jpg (640x480, 24K)

MAH GAWD

Attached: Ironhideg1.jpg (400x679, 102K)

Fact: People only like TFA for the brown loli

Fact: people who like TFA have low standards

A completely lifeless show. I wouldn't bother.