I didn't realise that this show was so good

I didn't realise that this show was so good.
Never watched it as a kid, but I am half way through season 2 at the moment and it's real nice.

Attached: dale.png (1021x1024, 1.3M)

Glad you found the light, KotH is the best. There's so many episodes of it that is always makes for good rewatching, and I think there are even some ones that I never saw which helps keep it fresh. I fear the time I one day grow bored of it.

So far the characters have been great and the stories told in each episode come together nicely, there is always a lesson that everyone learns by the end.
With there being so many episodes, is there a decline in quality?

>be me in 2004
>13 years old
>be alone on summer day, siblings are all out and mother is working
>heat up a bowl of chili and turn on television in the kitchen
>it's King of the Hill
>decide fuck it, I'll give it a go, it's supposed to be a more "adult" cartoon
>it's the episode where the weird teenagers try to get Bobby to drink dog's blood
>laugh my fucking ass off
>watch the KotH block until it's over
>decide I'll keep watching the show
I regret nothing

It never becomes unwatchable, but the last few seasons don't have the same magic that the first couple do. It's still mostly good though.

Yep.

I haven't watched the last few seasons as much as the others but I do hear it gets worse, not outright terrible though.

the only really shitty thing that starts happening is Peggy becomes an insufferable, retarded cunt and Bill becomes the punching bag
still good, though
can't recommend this show enough

I never really sat down to watched it as a kid, I wish I did now seeing how good it is.
I've still got a lot of quality episodes before then
>Peggy becomes an insufferable, retarded cunt
Well shit, that's a shame, she's great at the moment

Attached: boy.jpg (512x384, 15K)

You might not have liked it as a kid. I always thought this was the boring cartoon after the simpsons when I was 8. now I think this shit is great.

Well yeah same, glad I decided to watch it, really enjoy the pacing and the stories that are told.

It's got a lot of heart and a lot of honesty and does it without pretense. It's human.

Yeah, Peggy goes off the deep end and does some looney stuff. Bill becomes the punching bag but it's not too cruel. Great show. The last few seasons (I think there were 13) aren't as good. But everything before that is great.

This. I hated it when I was a kid.

The show is too long for me to watch.

>It's human
That'd certainly be the best way to describe it

I never barrel through it all at once, just watch and enjoy the two episodes they play on Adult Swim if I catch them. I never get burnt out on the show and always enjoy when I watch even if its episodes I've seen before.

You gotta pace yourself, plus it helps the show last longer for you.

how does Dale react to gun control when it's Joseph who gets shot?

Attached: 1495059180632.png (640x480, 369K)

King of the Hill's the type of show you can watch once a day for the rest of your life.

It's the only cartoon I could ever get my mother to properly watch.
She tends to view cartoons as for children, that they can't be serious, etc. but I eventually convinced her to watch 'Keeping Up With Our Joneses'.
She started watching it whenever it was on telly.

Considering Joseph would have accidentally shot himself, I think you can answer that one.

Absolutely. From my freshman year all the way up until my senior year, I watched at least one episode a day. Usually more.

I still watch it pretty regularly too. Definitely a favorite.

I can see an episode about this where Joseph was playing with guns in the woods alone, he ends up shooting himself in the leg and breaks the gun.

He tries to hide the wound even though he has a massive limp, Dale figures out Joseph has been shot but is confused at his son hiding it from him. He becomes massively paranoid as he things people are coming after him and his family, he goes to get his gun which is now missing. This drives Dale over the edge into public insanity, he ends up setting his sights on John Redcorn who he thinks is actually a brainwashed zombie at the moment.

Joseph has to confront Dale with the truth of what he dude to stop Dale from shooting/attacking John Redcorn. Episode ends with an embrace between Dale and Joseph. Dale looks up offering a spot in the hug for John Redcorn, only to see his fist hitting his face knocking Dale out.

Forgive me if I just sorta combined episodes in my head but it felt fitting to the cast enough.

What platform are you watching it on? I haven't seen it on Netflix or Hulu & Adult Swim seems to skip a lot of episodes.

the whole show is very watchable, but there is a noticeable decline in the later seasons
Dale just gets better
the only cartoon I could really get my mother to enjoy watching with me when I was a kid was Courage the Cowardly Dog
back when my mother still loved me

Attached: kill me please.jpg (600x238, 23K)

I feel like you can never fully appreciate KotH unless you're older in age when you're more seasoned.

It is shorter than most popular animu.

>Mfw they don't show it anymore in the UK

Oh well. At least I watched a good chunk of it when it was coming out when I was younger.