So Heinous is her daughter and Star and Moon's bloodline are actually descended from some peasant girl who got swapped...

So Heinous is her daughter and Star and Moon's bloodline are actually descended from some peasant girl who got swapped with Heinous
On top of that, Heinous is illegitimate as she was born from an affair
Where the fuck are they going with all this? Eclipsa is the key to all this.

Attached: S3E14_Eclipsa_Butterfly_'what's_his_name.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

they could sit down and settle it over a board game

It turns out the cuck memes either bled into reality or were Nefcy's endgame all along.

If it is any consolation, Star is likely still a princess by blood if River's family connection is considered.

That family of barbarians? Royalty?! You, sir, are a riot.

Attached: SLAP-APP.jpg (1000x541, 292K)

>That family of barbarians

Mmm... A bunch of monster hunters, known for being really good at killing the exact same thing that Eclipsa gets wet over.

How come she doesn't hate River with all her heart? I mean, his family must have a bunch of monster skulls somewhere.

Doesn't make them royalty.

Does it really matter?

We know that the Mewmans drove the original inhabitants (the monsters) out of the land that is now their kingdom

Royalty was made up to begin with

Well, if we're going by real world rules. Eclipsa has no claim to the throne as she abdicated it, Heinous has no claim to the throne since she's a bastard, and Star's bloodline is legitimate because the child was selected as heir and Star is also several generations of presumable noble and royal breeding removed from her.

But the fancy crowns do!

You know Nefcy won’t be that logical

Those crowns come from the Goblin Dog Maximus Meal. It's made of paper.

But how come she doesn't hate them? They kill monsters and are pretty damn good at it. Eclipsa should despise them.

Who says she doesn't and puts on a brave front. Also, still doesn't make him royalty.

Eclipsa retakes the throne when?
Right now, she is the closest thing to a legitimate ruler.

There's already another thread.

>Where the fuck are they going with all this?
They're going to go with Meteora killing Moon, and Star killing Meteora.

This all goes to show that all the monarchies that existed on this Earth and their "bloodlines" are bullshit. If this show doesn't end in Star dissolving the kingdom, I'm egging Nefcy's house.

Eclipsa abdicated, officially or not, doesn't really matter. You can see in the court representation, she willingly tosses away her crown and wand and then elopes. Sure enough, Star's line are descended from a peasant girl, but that doesn't de-legitimize the line as it was Shastacan's (the remaining legitimate monarch) choice to legitimize her.

At best, Eclipsa and Heinous are pretenders, and Heinous isn't even a legitimate pretender both for being literally illegitimate herself and also for being part monster. So really only Eclipsa has a claim to press, and a flimsy one since Star's line has been legitimate now for generations.

Though, I'd love to know why Shastacan chose to adopt some peasant girl rather than remarrying and having kids of his own. Had no kids with Eclipsa either, is he literally a fag?

Operating by historical, Earth monarchial logic and tradition that is.

Mewni could work totally differently with their monarchial legitimacy.

Besides, look at the stories of the kingdom's founding that we saw in Mewnipendence Day and Stump Day. The first queen was clearly some peasant girl who declared herself queen and nobody could argue it because she had magic powers and they didn't.

As for why Shastacan couldn't remarry and have kids of his own? Because Mewni is a matriarchy. He was only king by virtue of being married to the queen. When he decided to replace Meteora on account of her being a monster, he needed a "daughter" IMMEDIATELY so the girl could be passed off as his and Eclipsa's.

That's how it's supposed to be but Nefcy is a brainlet and doesn't actually understand how a monarchy works so it won't go that way.

All of that can be thrown out by right of conquest however, if say Meteora takes the crown by force. One of the cornerstones of the divine right of kings is, might makes right. If a (new) monarch is capable by will and strength to hold a crown and by extent country together, then they have legitimacy. Meteora at least even has royal blood even if she's a disinherited bastard. Either way Nefcy could have Meteora take the throne by force and earn legitimacy, though of course with all the subtlety and depth of a kid's show, if that happened it would probably go the route of Meteora being a horrible tyrant while Mewni turns all dark and scary for a short time before someone (Star) stops her. Like Scar's reign from the Lion King, everything goes to shit, and she'd probably even invite monsters in.

Shastacan never remarrying might give Eclipsa a stronger claim, as it could be taken as implication that there was no dissolving of the union between the two. If we're applying real world logic to it Shastacan wouldn't have been the legitimate monarch either if Eclipsa abdicated; as Mewni functions on matrilineal primogeniture, his royal authority is derived entirely by his marriage to her. If she abdicated then the throne would go to her next closest female kin.

He could not remarry because the Butterflies were matrilineal.
The throne was Eclipsa's.
He had to erase the illegitimate monsterspawn to retain his standing until the child was taking over as the new queen. Otherwise he would lose all power and respect and the next in line to the throne (possibly some distant relative of Eclipsa's) would step in.

It does seem a bit dumb, the better option would have been Eclipsa to birth Heinous (via affair) while still queen and married, and *then* abdicate and run off over the scandal.

I may be proven wrong, but I get the impression that Eclipsa isn't all that interested in reclaiming the throne and would be happy to let Moon/Star keep it as long as she's reunited with Meteora. Meteora, on the other hand, has made it clear that she wants what was taken from her.

If Eclipsa had a next closest female relative, sure. If she didn't, then it's Shastacan all the way. But even if she did, during the interim where the next female of kin is either determined and/or searched for, up until she is crowned, Shastacan has royal authority in the transition period. Like say Eclipsa had a sister living in the castle, then sure she could be crowned the same day without confusion. But if they had to look as far as some distant cousin whom lived far away, then Shastacan has to hold it together in the meantime and is the king regnant.

The big spanner in the works is that it seems to be the whole situation and baby swap was very hush hush, which could go in the direction that Shastacan swapped babies and passed Festivia off as Eclipsa's daughter for the purpose of himself not being thrown on his ass when a next of kin female is found. So if in that earlier scenario where like, Eclipsa's sister is right there ready to become queen, and good ol' Shasty comes in all, hold up now here's Princess Festivia daughter of Eclipsa. Then he gets to stick around as regnant king until Festivia comes of age, and also is free to remarry (though of course said new queen would have no heritable right).

So it would be interesting to see how much of a secret the "big secret" baby swap was, if literally only Shastacan and the magic council knew, or if it was perhaps known among the nobility as well and just quietly accepted because no one wanted a half-monster queen. I mean that's also fair grounds for consideration; even if the Mewni monarchy is matrilineal and all, people in the know might have just been like, fuck propriety, we will *never* accept a half-monster even at the cost of legitimacy. Like, how much was it Shastacan's decision of not wanting to be a cuck and raise his wife's daughter to be queen, versus general accepted sentiment of rejecting Meteora regardless and then just hoping history forgets the truth.

What do you lads expect from the finale?
>tom cucks to marco
>moon dies
>ponyhead dies

Attached: lobo thinking.jpg (490x638, 73K)

Eclipsa cucks Star

People say Moon will die, but I doubt it. She'll probably be turned to stone or crystallized or something that would incapacitate her, but she'd be able to be cured somewhere down the line.

In a shocking swerve, Eclipsa kills Meteora, Jackie is corrupted into the next major villain, and Tom hooks up with Starfan13.

It's never been explicitly stated that Eclipsa loved monsters. She just loved A monster.

I can get behind this. Marco's monster arm reappears and Eclipsa gets horny over it.

So Moon and the MHC are gonna job to Meteora. Wooo

What if the reason Moon and Star can use magic without a wand and Eclipsa can't is because they're not 100% Mewman

This but unironically, if she pairs up with Marco due to plot reasons where his monster arm resurfaces and he turns all corrupted, though it's not really cucking because it's not "him" with her but the corrupted monster controlled version, and also not literal cucking because they're not in a proper relationship but more a partnership. Because they couldn't have an actual relationship between an older adult woman and a kid... unless... grown up and monster armed Marco?

>Adult Marco and Eclipsa become lovers
And this isn't a comic strip because...?

I thought Eclipsa implied it was just something to be learned?

The thing is that, in terms of tradition and what is proper for monarchies, this could happen and Meteora would be in the right. However I doubt if the plot went this route, that Nefcy would have the sense or forethought to have Meteora invoke that right.

Because although Meteora could sieze the throne by force and then claim legitimate right assuming proper decor is observed, that seems too logical or proper when the show would probably instead have her do the same thing but then just evil laugh and proclaim herself tyrant then descend Mewni into darkness and despair. At the end of the day it's a kid's show so subtlety is a luxury and having Meteora properly invoke right of conquest rather than overtly evil hostile takeover would be too clever.

Something like when Eclipsa touches Marco's hand for some unrelated reason with her own corrupted hands, it causes his monster arm to awaken and start spreading and corrupting him till it controls him. Bonus points if the awakening isn't something immediate and the corruption is something that spreads over the course of several episodes. Double bonus points if it isn't even intentional or malicious by Eclipsa, it just happens by accident from her touch but she just rolls with it and partners up with him.

>I thought Eclipsa implied it was just something to be learned?

Yeah, she did. For some reason people love the theory that there's an actual physical/magical difference between the two lines of Butterflys and that the original line is weaker, but Eclipsa's reaction wasn't surprise that wandless magic is possible at all. Her saying she never learned, if she wasn't lying, still implies that she's aware of it as a concept and other Butterfly queens before her could.

You haven't drawn it yet, nerd.

The only thing that can secure the audience for Season 4 is the return of Toffee

It would most likely be Marco taken over by his monster arm with Eclipsa in control maybe beating the bloody hell outta Tom maybe?
>And Tom should be shipped to a new demoness.

Attached: 1437539592403.png (1280x720, 707K)

>If a (new) monarch is capable by will and strength to hold a crown and by extent country together, then they have legitimacy.
kek, good luck not getting betrayed by everyone

>A way to combine three 'jokes'
>Eclipsa being evil
>Star being cucked
>Marco's monster arm returning
Ssshiit, how do we add other things to this

its all going to be solved by this fucker getting his memory back
lets be honest, he has been puling the strings for a long time, nothing goes under his nose, he probably made sure to make the new bloodline legitimate along the way

Attached: S owniryk_ID.jpg (900x506, 313K)

I want Glossaryck, Ludo and Toffee relevant again. I will force Marcos dick into Star if that will end this shitty shipping arc.

Shastacan is a King-consort, he doesn't have the same rights as the Queen, who in this case is the actual Queen/Head of Government

>Implying he's not just pretending to be retarded

So is Disney going to go back and redub every single one of his lines?

Queen quit. He has more rights than her as a result.

for what purpose?

Attached: 1521508365946.jpg (600x449, 20K)

Royalty is just wealth and power transformed into prestige. River's family had the power which led to wealth and then prestige. Rich Pigeon is similar except they had the wealth first.

It's a Heinous affair

Attached: 1372185819180.png (250x188, 72K)

They did it with Louis CK's character on Gravity Falls.

>Heinous is illegitimate as she was born from an affair
Eclipsa is the sovereign, not her husband.

>retroactively removing something because he fucked up later on

I can't wait for Disney to censor anything about Original Trilogy once Hammil or Lucas turn out to molest someone in the past.

Can Miss Heinous become the queen of the Butterfly Groundlands...
>...by force?
>...by way of brain-washing?
>...because -- out of nowhere -- the Mewmans want a monster lover and her monster babby to rule?

Discuss.

Thats not how it works. Legitimacy depends if the child is born inside wedlock.

>Eclipsa is the key to all this
If we get Eclipsa working, cus she's a funnier character then we've ever had in the other seasons before. . .

Attached: Daron Nefcy.gif (350x262, 2.66M)

All this because Eclipsa shagged a monster.

And where's Marco in all of this? He have the cheek marks. There must be a reason.

Attached: 23593796_937398889745267_4926628748259185674_o.jpg (1280x474, 80K)

Her family has probably been married to many royals, she probably has more royal blood than Meteora. If Star understood how noble families work then she would know she has a better case for the right to the throne.

fuckoff with them cherry'z pick'n's

Is this worth poking at, if I don't like the usual Sup Forums cartoon stuff, but I like magical girl shows?

I UNDERSTAND IT ALL NOW
MARCO HAS MOONS ON HIS CHEEKS
MARCO = MOONS
MOONS = MOON
MARCO = MOON
MARCO IS STAR'S MOM

user, take your pills.

I'd say it's worth the try. If nothing's caught your attention by episode four or five, you're probably good.

I'd say if you've watched the whole first season (13 episodes) and nothing at all interests or appeals to you, you won't feel like you've missed anything if you stop

If you don't like the first episode, though, don't take that as a sign that you won't like the whole series. It's not really representative; maybe come back and ask for recs from stuff later that season here.

does anyone have the la creatura version of eclipsa?
Can't wait for this scene, whatever it is. Post-Starco kiss and the harem master meets the last love obstacle? I hope that Daniella bitch comes out of nowhere

Attached: 1510306548960.png (1696x2544, 3.2M)

kill yourself

Rude.

Think of Heinous before all the reveals, did she deserve to become this big of a character? Did you think she would ever get a more prominent role than Toffee?

Attached: tumblr_p67qkiC2kn1v7i9b5o1_1280.jpg (1280x1706, 142K)

I think what we're overlooking is GLOBGOR

I came in right before the november bomb so no, I did not any way she would become a villain. I seriously expected Eclipsa master keikaku shit or the return of Ludo with more monsters when they hinted at monster racism. Hell, even Glossaryck becoming some villain seemed more likely. Nefcy rused me

Attached: 1510110859808.png (447x364, 181K)

>Nefcy rused me
No shame in that. That's like saying "the rain got me wet". It's nature, user. Nefcy ruses you, just as surely as the sun will rise from the east.

Nefcy has a knack for turning the most random characters and making them interesting
>Jackie
>Hekapoo
>Miss Heinous
Even Ludo

But she's a pure breed.
Apologize.

And, soon, Dennis.

Attached: tumblr_oz8epfF3EW1rw9kzko1_1280.png (1131x1600, 1009K)

Eclipsa gave birth to a ligger. Pure slut for the monster cock
I hope Dennis gives his real parents an ass kicking

Attached: 1511230648372.gif (500x343, 641K)

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not she deserved it. Either Nefcy always intended for her to seem like an insignificant joke villain who secretly had a big connection to the plot, or she just thought later on that it would be a neat twist. In any case, her development is my favourite thing about this season.

>learned about a huge conspiracy
>taken incredibly seriously with Star sulking away about her lack of heritage
>spend the next episode in a fucking photo booth
That was easily the most disgusting use of filler I've ever seen. Garbage shipping bait, lame excuse to write Marco out of the climax (should they choose to use it), complete disregard of Star's internal dilemma about her entire life being a lie AND the council not getting any shit for it, and the wacky piece of shit character that gets no repercussions for his terrible actions. Only redeeming part about that was seeing Ponyhead get what she deserved.

Cmon Nefcy, stop with this useless filler. We're in the climax now, this shit is such a huge blue balls.

The relationship between the two will definitely become some sort of plot worthy event later. I'm still hoping for the final battle to be between Marco and Star, specifically with Star becoming the evil. Learning evil magic and mastering it all just to bring all the universes under her control, so that there won't be a problem present anywhere. It then becomes every character up until that point working together to help Marco get to Star to stop the evil. It'll be the Mass Effect 3 of cartoon shows, and the whole fandom will hate it after getting so good

Attached: 15c311889ceb274b1e1fa9c4d4888221714a673fdd01ccaf5b1daafc8832d2c2.png (1280x1656, 1.03M)

Never said it would be easy. If the (new) monarch can hold shit together though then they're a good ruler along with being a strong one.

Doesn't have the same rights also doesn't mean, doesn't have any rights.

Nefcy could have Heinous do anything and within plot justify it. However, if going by realistic and proper terms of monarchy and legitimacy,

>force?
If she is strong enough, technically yes and her reign could be legitimate because of it.
>brain-washing
Entirely possible, wasn't that her whole thing while running St. Olga's? However that wouldn't make her reign legitimate.
>out of nowhere
Whom the people support has little to do with legitimacy.

how the fuck are drawfags so quick?

what if season 4 vilain is a corrupted Jackie ?
Could be cool to have a vilain not from Mewni, hell, Jackie could use an alternative to magic with techs

Who?

>right of conquest

ALL HAIL THE KING

Attached: KingCandy.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Jackie has played her part. Let the pizza nugget be free

Attached: 1511981551567.png (459x644, 485K)

This. I don't think Moon's gonna bite the farm. But something will happen to her. Crystallization seems like the best option. Maybe the darkness keeps growing from her hands and she HAS to be crystallized to save her life.

And suddenly, I remember the other Disney series that just had a finale.

Attached: EdwardElric.jpg (241x209, 9K)

Ludo's situation is questionable in regards to Mewni's stance on monsters.

>Innocent

wew

BLOOD MOON

MARCO WILL KILL STAR'S MOM

let her go my man.
she's been through enough

Attached: a cute.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Marco will add kill Star's mom and add River to the harem

Attached: 1512863550545.jpg (1399x1381, 748K)

If we're talking corrupted Earthling, the best and most logical choice is Janna.

Besides, he is apparently royalty, cosidering his folks did have a castle.

>Doesn't make them royalty
No? Ask spanish royal family...