Loving Vincent deserved far more recognition than it got. The film is a fucking masterpiece

Loving Vincent deserved far more recognition than it got. The film is a fucking masterpiece.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor.

Attached: 16174864_1235499039875194_5208271415416809485_n_biggalleryimage.jpg (960x960, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_Vincent#Awards_and_accolades
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Loving-Vincent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doctor Who did it better.

It's gotten more recognition on Sup Forums than basically any other non-Laika indie movie, despite the handful of people who don't like it because of rotoscoping.
It got a good amount of recognition from awards too
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_Vincent#Awards_and_accolades

It was far more imaginative than Coco,cthats for fucking sure.

Pixar could shit out the most generic garbage and still get an Oscar.

Attached: 1510203407848.png (1131x1154, 596K)

>wasting hundreds of artists' talent with tracing shitty actors when algorithms will be able to do this in 20 or so years
At least it's an improvement over A Scanner Darkly when it comes to films druggies will love.

Here's a link:
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Loving-Vincent

If you live in a big city, try to find an indie theater and they might still show it on the big screen.

I liked the film, but it was pretty underwhelming to be honest.
I thought it would be a proper animated movie, not just traced live action performances. The 'van Gogh style' of it also worked better in some places than others.
The story, while enjoyable, was pretty simple and not very exciting.
Honestly, it felt like I was watching a walkthrough of a point and click computer game, with how the film was laid out and the simple, mostly static, camera angles.
I'd give it a 7/10 overall.

>Loving Reddit
>good
kys mouse shill

>mouse shill
How is Loving Vincent remotely connected to Disney?

No, you're thinking of Coco.

>THEY WOULD NOT LISTEN, THEY'RE NOT LISTENING STILL. PERHAPS THEY NEVER WILL

Name a point and click game as good as this besides LucasArts games.

I know Chris O'Dowd has been in lots of other movies/TV shows, but every time he talks I still think about The IT Crowd.

A.I will never get that good retard

Same dude. But the IT crowd is probably the best thing he's in so I don't blame you

I want to know how it's connected to Disney too
the Sup Forums faggotry seems heavy in this one

It's good from a visual standpoint and that's it. You'll see it once and never feel the need to revisit it again.

>Honestly, it felt like I was watching a walkthrough of a point and click computer game
scarily apt

lol caveman

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this.

A technical masterpiece, but the story and characters often fell flat.

>name a point and click as good as this
>no, not those ones!
Anyways, that comment wasn't meant as a dig against the movie, it just had that feel to me.

>point and click

Damn, thank you so much for figuring that out, the movie was giving me hard deja vu, and I couldn't figure it out. The shots of him in areas trying to figure things out in an area, the short quicktime events, him interviewing and investigating? It was like a tell-tale game. How did that materialize by accident, its too perfect.

Shit, now I really want to play a Loving Vincent Tell-tale game, it would honestly be awesome.

Still liked the movie.

I think Disney/Pixar win by default due to all the academy members who work for The Walt Disney Company voting for those movies.

>indie theater
I left the big city to get away from pretentious shit like this.

There is nothing pretentious about it. They play movies that are too niche for mainstream theaters. What is wrong with more movies getting onto a big screen??? It's not like they are shitting on you manchild Avengers movies, it's just a niche for movies that would never see a screen at AMC or whatever chain.

Also fuck you. You are the pretentious one.

The 'cafes' that are seemingly connected to every indie cinema out there, though, are the most pretentious spaces on the globe.

Fpbp

Disney wins because lol recognizable. However Coco's the only Pixar film since The Incredibles to deserve best animated feature. Coco was also made by more skilled artists but Sup Forums might be a little too inexperienced to really tell this, or might downplay it just because it seems on the surface to be the same and it has a much higher number of craftsmen working on it.

Why? Were they harrassing you because you didn't watch the latest indie darling? Or did their mere existence make you feel inadequate?

That's because they're full of people who want to play pretend arts patronage.... and really they aren't wrong, those places die without overpriced coffee and hipster food.

>trying to post something with a little class on Sup Forums
>that isn't a furry webcomic or Fantastic Planet

Attached: 1483554596919.gif (443x465, 398K)

It's beautiful as animation but utterly insipid as film, I gave up halfway through.

Who are you quoting?