Is drawn together actually good? Should I give it a watch?

Is drawn together actually good? Should I give it a watch?

Attached: 1522116971912.gif (500x377, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Os5i0luwSZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s just shock value humor, which is sad because the premise of a bunch of different character archetypes from different genres having to live together would have been enough to carry a show by itself.

Eh, it was entertaining at the time, but the show's too heavy in pop culture references that were modern when it aired.

It's alright the quality of episodes go from good to bland
I would recommend giving it a watch but don't bother with the movie

its good and people who dont like it tend to be faggots who wanted reality show family guy + shipping instead

No.

I watched it a year ago I think and I really liked it. I'm old though.

Attached: shotgun.png (358x480, 172K)

It depends.
There really are some golden moments, and those jokes make it worthwhile, but Sup Forums is pretty much in agreement that when it's on, it's on but when the jokes miss the mark, it's bland.
I'd say if you're interested enough, give it a try. If you don't like it by the end of The Very Special Episode or the fat camp reunion episode then you may just give it up

Attached: 1280x720-tly.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

hit and miss.

Attached: dts31.jpg (300x225, 10K)

The hits make it worth a watch

It varies depending on who's writing it. Some of the writers really "get" the show and others just try to be shocking for the sake of it. No matter what you do avoid the movie at any cost. Just look up a synopsis, say "Oh..." Quietly under your breath once you've finished reading it, and move on.

Its basically a Teen Titans GO for adults. It's shit.

I remember watching this show as a kid, and I used to like it.

Probably should rewatch it now, because i'm sure I must have missed half the jokes at the time

I love it. A lot of shows (South Park, Family Guy) claim to make fun of everyone but eventually let their bias creep in.

Drawn Together was the only show where every single line was something horribly offensive to anyone.

I've never been able to articulate why drawn together doesn't really hit the mark for me and this nails it.

Not at all true, if anything it borrows mostly from pop culture things from before the show' s conception. Give it a look OP. Watch the first episode just to get an idea of the premise, then skip to season two, because that's when the show actually becomes a little clever and subversive. Then it all goes to shit again by season 3

Good? No. Entertaining? Consistently. There are a lot of 10/10 sight gags, meta humor, and word play sprinkled in with the infamous shock value and black comedy.

The movie is a no go. The series itself is not for everybody, but if you like it at all you probably love it.

If you're 16 sure

Definitely worth a watch.

The movie was absolute dogshit, but the episodes were decent overall

it's good, but some of the humor has not aged well

Where's the donkey?

But if he doesnt watch the movie he would miss all those I.S.R.A.E.L. jokes, and they were awesome.

Season 1 was good, after that it went downhill. It's themes are clever at first, but then they just give up on that after a while and only making shock-humor parodies of things.
Still you should enjoy it a little at least

I hate when the joke is just sex, violence or drugs with no subtlety, but the nods to other cartoons are pretty clever.

When it's good, it's fucking hilarious

When it's bad, it's just edgy bullshit

this t b h

It's a really nice concept, but gets entirely wasted on "HAHA PENISES HAHA EXCESSIVE GORE HAHA SWEARING HAHA SEX JOKE XDDDD" every episode

Attached: jay.png (619x467, 369K)

It aged really poorly. Still, I remember as a kid losing my shit over some episodes like the Very Special Episode of Drawn Together where they roleplay Xander coming out of the closet to his parents. That was hilarious. Also some of the lines

>Mama didn't raaaise no fool
>And papa didn't raaaise me at all!

/thread

It's worth a look but don't expect anything amazing.

Attached: 1513535892473.gif (300x186, 446K)

kino

no, but i'll always remember the good times

youtube.com/watch?v=Os5i0luwSZQ

Honestly reminds me of Sup Forums humor
Not pure shit like family guy, south park or rick and morty

I miss drawn together like a retard misses the point

It's absolutely terrible and yes you should watch it.

?

Well said. I would've thought the concept would write itself but apparently not. Shock humour just feels kind of dated nowadays.

This. My iq is too high for that sort of content that rouses the riff raff to forgetting their mortality

Bitch Shock humor is someting common as dirt with the internet. Even Normies engage in it with “anti jokes”. A show that subsists on that alone is obselete.

This nigga gets it.