All these theatrics for STEPPENWOLF seriously? I thought they were going to bring in Darkseid or Brainiac or something

All these theatrics for STEPPENWOLF seriously? I thought they were going to bring in Darkseid or Brainiac or something.

Attached: ding.png (847x377, 510K)

Welcome to the dceu. Please take a seat while you witness how wb, Snyder and a cluster fuck of idiots make mistake after mistake

>Start with your biggest baddy first
That's dumb.
Granted Steppenwolf ain't amazing, but it makes sense if you wanna play the long game to setup other bigger villains first.
This is like bitching in 2012 for "Look again? Why not Thanos for Avengers."

This
Welcome to cinematic universes, where you have to build everything up over a thousand movies

Don't worry, if you want to see Brainiac just tune in to the hit SyFy series Krypton.

Here's a secret: Just call him Darkseid. It doesn't matter. He's not Steppenwolf any more than he is Dakseid.

Shoulda been Starro.

They opened with Zod and Doomsday. Why not use Darkseid? Don't tell me all that talk about devils in BvS didn't make you think they were leading to Darkseid.

Zod and Doomsday are higher profile than Steppenwolf anyways.

Starro would have been fun, yeah.
Wonder how he would have looked.

LOL imagine all the butthurt shitposting about "oh Watchman can't have a spacesquid but JusticeLeague gets a spacestsrfish!"

Darkseid looks to similar to Thanos for normies.

I would've preferred that they do with villains what the MCU did with the gems.

Justice League vs the Legion of Doom led by Libra, then you go full New Gods from there.

That was the worse interpretation of Darkseid I've ever seen, then.

This universe is the worst interpretation of every character

Zod, Doomsday, Ares, Joker and Luther are all more iconic and more interesting villians than Steppenwolf. Who has EVER given a fuck about him? It would be like if after Red Skull, Abomination and the others, they had some literal who instead of Loki for the villian in Avengers.

You don’t think they should have blown their load on Darkseid in the first team-up movie? Well thanks to how shitty it was, now we may never see Darkseid in a Justice League movie.

Starro, Brainiac, Vandal Savage and many others would have all made for better villians than fucking Steppenwolf.

I feel like all that he pups he need is Darkseid showing up at the last fight to punish steppenwolf for failure, maybe smack Superman around to show how powerful he is and then boom out

You mean a literal who like THE CHITAURI ARMY?

And Steppenwolf isn't anyone's first choice as an iconic DC villain, but he's one of the top choices if you want a villain related to Darkseid and NewGods to setup Darkseid for later.

The Chitarui were Marvel's equivalent of JL's Parademons. They're fodder, not the main villains.

Yeah they're fodder but they're literal who fodder even by Marvel standards.
The kree, the skrulls, Annihilation wave, and tons better choices for faceless space army villains.
Steppenwolf is less known that Loki for sure, but chitauri were less known than parademons for sure too.

DCEU could've mediocerely passable that's just being a constant runner-up to the MCU. But no, it had to be a smelly trashy dumpsterfire.

The Chitauri weren’t the main villian, Loki was. The Chitauri were the equivalent of the Parademons as the other user said. They were similar to the Putty Patrol or the Prequal Battle Droids, -nobody was supposed to give a fuck about them, the were a wave of lackeys who can be killed. Sure, you could substitute them with Skrulls and nothing would change. Skrulls are more iconic, but for the purpose of being expendable lackeys, does that really matter?

Steppenwolf is fucking lame. It should have been Darkseid himself, or if you want to “save” Darkseid for a future film, and you arbitrarily decide that the first team-up villian has to be connected to Darkseid, then Kalibak, Granny Goodness or Godfrey are all better, more interesting choices than Steppenwolf.

Thanos was in the first Avengers movie, moron

Snyder chose him himself, according to reports.

Apparently, even WB execs thought it was a stupid choice and wanted it changed, but after BvS they worried that canning Snyder or overruling him would "show signs of weakness" and "send the message that the franchise is in trouble."

Yeah as a sting setup for a movie that is now 6 years later after over 10 other movies.
Clearly it is what DC was gonna want to do too, but they flopped cause apparently having Steppenwolf say "For Darkseid" wasn't enough of a hint. Granted it's tanking more cause the movie is mediocre but people bitch about no Darkseid are blind if they don't get the idea of a setup.

>WB execs not being the ones causing the fuckups
I find it unbelievable from all the stories I've heard of them during the Superman Live debacle and the idea that the GL movie was even made cause some exec wanted a superhero movie with jet planes.

>"Muh setups!"

Fuck off with this meme

>bvs: fuck doomsday, make metallo and luthor the main guys
>actual psychotic and sociopathic luthor with a good boy persona to cover his shit. Make him fucking capable of doing stuff and talking like a human being and not special Olympics nominee.
>show he is mad at supes bc he destroyed his buildings and he is envious of his powers, while at the same time considering him possible ally or foe
>cast a good actor for him and leave zuckenberg as Olsen and not killing Olsen goddammit
Got more shit but I'm at work atm

Bitch we're living the meme.

You think it WASN'T for Darkseid?

Feels good knowing that Marvel characters are becoming more well known and celebrated while DC characters continue to have their reputation tarnished.

Both people and Disney only care about the MCU. The only characters who will become more well known will be the MCU versions of your favorite heroes

>things that actually happen are memes

It really should have been Brainiac. If you wanna further tease Darkseid you can easily just frame it as Brainiac harvesting before the invasion destroys Earth

At this point I want Barry to travel back in time to undo the world being destroyed and just change literally the whole universe.

Should've just used Brainiac, duh.

So the best versions.

>Sure, you could substitute them with Skrulls and nothing would change. Skrulls are more iconic, but for the purpose of being expendable lackeys, does that really matter?
At the time, Disney couldn't use Skrulls because their rights were tied to Fantastic 4 at Fox.

At this rate, Darkseid will never be a MCU villian. Should have just used him in Justice League. The only DC MCU villians people will remember are Zod and Joker.

Came into this thread to make this exact post, exact same wording.

Attached: Brave_and_the_Bold_28.jpg (1200x1772, 448K)

>Memorable monster design unlike anything Marvel has done so far
>Built-in excuse for the unfortunately obligatory League vs. Superman scene
>Built-in moment to shine for Batman when he's attacked by a bunch of civilians with starfish-face and has to take them down non-lethally
>Built-in Aquaman moment to shine when he finds Starro hiding deep beneath the ocean using an intelligence web of the creatures of the sea
It writes itself.

Also, villian’s motivation is simplistic, so more time can be devoted to the team forming, rather than having to explain the villian motivation, what the motherboxes are, etc

Desaad, Kalibak, Granny Goodness and her Furies would have been a better choice since they are the more recognizable characters of Darkseid's army.

user do you know what MCU stands for

user are you ok? are the drugs too hard for you?

Attached: 1517001950326.jpg (1170x742, 70K)

haha yeah right except tentacles are SUPER LAME and for PERVERTS and super warlord from another planet is COOL

that's what the execs thought normies think anyway

To comic readers, but most of the audience for a movie will be normies who don't know or care about the comics. Older normies might remember Zod from Superman 2, but Doomsday and Steppenwolf would both be characters they didn't know.

As problems with the Justice League movie go, "the villain isn't a high-profile villain in the comics" is a really minor one.

>Kree
>Skrulls
>Faceless goons included as a mass army to a lead villain
>Not important characters with important Avengers-centric stories

Listen, I get you wanted to elbow your normie buddy in the ribs in 2012 and say, 'Hey, I know that name', but the Chitauri are the perfect choice for this. If you add the Kree or the Skrulls, and have them get defeated by the very first Avengers teamup, you lose the impetus behind them when you try to use them significantly. The next time we see Ronan after that, all the casuals are going to think is 'Just one Kree? What's the big deal?'

The Annihilation Wave I'll accept, aside from the fact they kind of have to be with Annihilus

How batman v superman should had been done:
-Dark yet it has to be conservative of the source material
-use man of steel as base and take consideration of his actions and consequences
- make Jessie eisenberg Jimmy Olsen rather than luthor
-find an actor who can be charismatic yet intimidating for lex, idk who I'll leave that for Sup Forums to decide
- make Bruce in his 30's rather than late 40s
-build his character and an actual reason why he started hating superman rather than just having him hate him for just destroying metropolis, give him background to see why his attitude changed drastically. I'd say putting the events of bvs a couple weeks after Jason death and barbara's crippling. That would make space for the batman movie to have some extra terrain and familiarize public with the robin legacy and batgirl.plus it would make it obvious that Bruce feels incapable of save everyone, and he is fed up. Therefore, when superman destroys the city with did, Bruce realizes he is as fair as one of the biggest threats to this world and any being. Then you have a Bruce who doesn't give a damn about going too far, but they have to keep him on his no kill rule as it is his basis, so pretty much terrible beatings, broken bones, torn muscles and destroyed ligaments.
-introduce the venom story arc from the comics where in order to surpass his own limitations he goes hard on the new substance, giving also space for bane easter egg, and show how desperate and how badly our hero has fallen from glorywhile at the same time showing that the drug is truly taking a toll on him mentally and physically, of course this happening during the events of the movie

showing that lucius fox was in metropolis, and that he was at the edge of death itself and that many of the people who were good workers and people to Bruce died as well
-luthor has to be in the battle of metropolis scene, as he is the main villain and it would show that he is jealous that he has such power that money cannot buy. Make him have his philanthropic personality that shows he 'cares' for the people, yet in the shadows he is responsible for half the stuff that happens in several locations of the world in order to boost his weapon sales and ego pretending to be what the country and the nation needs
-the story takes place year and a half after the battle of metropolis, and government officials, mainly army officers and military are worried that superman might not be who he is. He is been on and off the radar. They go to Wayne but he refuses to sell the tech that batman needs to fight crime so they go to luthor who plans to simply try to buy superman and as backup plan develop technology capable of neutralizing kryptonians after given authorization to the wrecked ship.
- Make the man under the rubble that Bruce rescues look even more gruesome and be used by luthor to develop protect metallo and the cover up for the project: a helping hand initiative which develops artificial limbs for those who lost them in metropolis and provided jobs for those who lost it all
-metallo/John Corbin is an ex marine who was discharged dishonorably for insubordination. During the battle of metropolis his family was killed and while trying to rescue he became a victim of the disaster, whom even with his body torn was still alive somehow. Lex approaches him offering him not just revenge but glory as a hero

He makes the dinging sound every time he feels a jolly rancher go up his rectum.

>le Brainiac as a justice league starter villain maymay
Fuck off, this idea is terrible.

Get your motor runnin'

Head out on the highway

I had the idea to combine Starro with Throne of Atlantis

>Orm uses tiny Starros to control Superman
>Supes vs League
>Reveal that Orm is controlled by the main Starro
>Giant starfish fight right outta the Silver Age
>Arthur takes throne, Orm imprisoned
>Free Aquaman movie setup

Attached: Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew (1982) 001-025.jpg (1988x3056, 1.64M)

>Start with your biggest baddy first
They didn't actually have to beat the big bad in the first movie. Could just drive him off but heroes take heavy losses, making him even more a big bad, and have to regroup and prepare for a bigger attack.
Would be nice.

>Memelord
>Better than comic Star-Lord before Bendis
I hate newfags like you with all my heart please kys

Brainiac is a Superman villain fuck all the fags who want to see him job to Batman in a shitty JL movie

they like to dream

Attached: hold my beer.jpg (800x800, 50K)

DING DING DING DING

>having Steppenwolf say "For Darkseid" wasn't enough of a hint

No, it defitenily wasn't. The Avengers film made it completely clear that Loki was working for someone else. There was a whole expository scene with The Other telling the audience that he and Thanos gave Loki the scepter and the chitauri army. There was nothing like this for Steppenwolf. We have no idea of what kind of relationship Steppenwolf has with Darkseid, why does he want to conquer the Earth and what does Darkseid have to do with anything or what he's capable of. All we have is an extremely shoehorned yell about Darkseid and the New Gods. This wasn't a setup at all

so why not Brainiac? or Despero? Or fucking anyone else?

I hope to god Vandal Savage isn't used in the DCEU, he's too good to see ruined.

It's because Snyder's plans of JL part 1 and 2 were scrapped when they went into course correction mode

Darkseid would surely have appeared but we'd also have to deal with brainwashed evil Superman

you and me buddy,
In all honesty I wouldnt mind Stepping wolf if he was made a good villain. I never seen such a bland cunt.

Now to be fair, this version of Steppenwolf did count as a Thanos for JL in looks.

Attached: DYOrfhJW4AI3-fs.jpg (900x1200, 159K)

That IS how normies think like.

No one gave a fuck about him in the comics and he's not of enough importance to be the justice leagues first villain, think about that bullshit. He has a really stupid name and he came and did what Darkseid would have done anyway. Just fucking pointless and an awful idea.

Loki was the first Avengers villain because he was in the comics.

You are living the meme nigger, you are paying money to see 2 hours of comic book adaption that takes months and billions of dollars to make

Non comic readers should be banned from sharing their opinions on comics characters.

Attached: 1511165940964.gif (278x208, 827K)

Fucking idiot. That's part of the problem with a shared universe is the idea that we need to tease future fucking movies every goddamn installment. And there are better ways of teasing The New Gods than a half assed Parademon invasion with a character not even hardcore Kirby fans give a fuck about.

he's going to be a cloud of shit

Who says Lex was referring to Steppenwolf?
He could very well be referring to Darkseid.
Plant the seed early.

I had an idea like this but Starro was controlling Aquaman and it was the league v Atlantis and then Starro when the mind control is revealed. I thought it was the best way to introduce Aquaman and make people care. Arthur and Orm argue about how to handle the fact that Atlantis has now been exposed and Black Manta is after Aquaman because his family died in the Atlantis attack. Except at the end of the film you ind out that Manta doesn't have any family and was somewhere else when Atlantis attacked so why does he hate Aquaman?

Point is there are so many better ways you can tie the DCEU together and make it work just as well as the MCU

The deleted scene shows Lex witnessing Steppenwolf with the three Mother boxes

Your fanfic is shit.

solo Lobo movie when?

>where you have to build everything up over a thousand movies
Too bad they built up the wrong thing.

Always hated this mindset comicfags have

They always assume everything will be a 5 movie arc so we should always keep to the D-tier villains for the first three and then get to anyone that people can give a shit about at the end. But then the movie with the D-tier shit villain fails and there are no more sequels made sooo.....comicsfags prove yet again they cannot plan movies.

OK user

>Granny Goodness
This! Nobody can fuck with Granny Goodness.

user they were making this shit up as they went along, and the deleted scene that ended back in the directors cut clearly showed Steppenwolf

Don't get mad

Yes, and? Step was in exile and he just wanted the motherbox to fight darkseid, lex could had known about it him.

And it's why the "how would you fic the dceu" threads are no better than 7 years old kids wanting goku in mortal kombat or a Call of duty/mario crossover.

>Yes, and?

Oh fuck off it was Steppenwolf and you know it was

Avengers #1 had Loki as the villain, Avengers movie had Loki as the villain. Try casualing harder

Goku shouldn't be in Mortal Kombat. He should be in Smash Bros

>finally get around to watching this
EASILY the second best DCEU movie not that that's saying much. I have no desire to ever see it again but I don't feel like I was completely cheated out of my two hours.

Guys I agree Starro should happen in a future film but he would have absolutely been the wrong choice for the 1st one.
When the team first forms audiences want to see them un restrained being utter badasses and you can't show that with them holding back against the civilians he possesses and only way to have real combat would be for him to possess members of the league, do you people really want more hero vs hero stuff? Especially after you guys endlessly demonized Snyder for teasing Superman influenced/possessed by Darkseid.

Fine, what about Despero?

>leave zuckenberg as Olsen
You are a stupid piece of shit you know that?
Olsen is already inherently a annoying piece of shit character and you want to choose a actor who will emphasize the worst aspects of him? Fuck you.

>Olsen is already inherently a annoying piece of shit character
Moviefag, please.

>Desaad
Isn't a physical threat.
>Kalibak
Would come off as a lame fury version of Doomsday.
>Granny Goodness and her Furies
Would come off like generic evil Amazons and wouldn't seem half as badass or memorable as Faora.

Ahem
See this is just you wanting to see action figures getting smashed together

Attached: Starro The Conqueror.jpg (960x932, 166K)

1.) Would come off like a stupid pink Doomsday.
2.) Pointless without a connection to Manhunter and even if they brought in John they should just do Ma'alefa'ak instead who is alto more menacing then Despero.
3.) New 52 & even Dceu Steppenwolf are (or at least look) far more badass then Despero has ever been.

No version of Steppenwolf has ever been badass. Stop making shit up

Everyone and a while him and Sup will have a meaningful moment together but there is no reason you can't just have it happen with Lois instead, it's not worth it for the slap stick humor and him getting captured and shit.

>See this is just you wanting to see action figures getting smashed together
No I am saying that is what general audiences want in a teams first outing, to see what the team is truly capable of, it should be in the sequel that they are truly challenged and has their hand tied behind their back.

Without Jimmy Olsen we wouldn't have The New Gods and doesn't change the fact that you're a dumb faggot who hasn't even read Superman