Name a dumber, more poorly executed storyline/event in comics in the last 20 years

Name a dumber, more poorly executed storyline/event in comics in the last 20 years.

Attached: Marvel_Zombies_hardcover.jpg (263x379, 36K)

Civil War II

One More Day?

Inhumans vs X-men

Secret Empire

Fear Itself

Convergence

Countdown.
Civil War II.
Future's End.
Age of Ultron.
Death of the Family.
Black Vortex.
And Marvel Zombies was neither a storyline nor an event, it was an alternate universe story.

Marvel zombies was fun. Fuck you op

Marvel Zombies 3.

At least 4 and 5 embraced the comedy angle.

Final Crisis.

MZ had a lot of terrible parts but it's not even in the top 5 most dumb/poorly executed storyline/events in the last 20 years.

It is funny to realize that after the Disney buyout they tried hard to avoid depicting the heroes as zombies again.

All of them.

oh no they did a whole its all spidermans fault red herring thing, it was turds with clones again awful

Allow me to add:
Avengers Arena
Avengers Undercover
Infinity
Avengers vs. X-Men

peter parker inflated with sand

If you don't take it seriously it's not that bad. I see it as a dark comedy, which I suppose it's what the intention was.

>Schism
>AvX
>Battle of the Atom
>Death of X
>IvX
X-Men have had a rough time.

Metal

The original zombie reveal in Ultimate Fantastic Four was pretty good though,

I think that was at the point where it got really tired.

Bump

Ultimatum

I forgot how this ended.

Stable timeloop, plus "spinoffs"

>Battle of the Atom
I completely forgot this even existed.

MZ1 and 2 are a-ok.
Then the rest are very not okay. Well, the last one has a charm of sorts.

Amazons Attack
Identity Crisis
Last Laugh
Gotham Underground
Titans East

There have been some truly terrible events in the modern era. Marvel Zombies was an alt u.

I wish I wasn't so much of a newfag as to have missed the initial reaction. It was probably fairly amusing.

By the last one you mean "Returns"? I liked how each issue took place at a different time period and they all tried to imitate their corresponding artstyle; I am amazed by how the first issue with Spider-Man was the most graphic of them all. I would have never guessed that such a colorful artstyle could be so grotesque.

>Alternate Universe
Did you forget about the What If AvsX that ended with the phoenix destroyed all of humanity except wolverine and it and both of them staying at the end of a recreated earth fucking and having a farm?

If you're gonna dig out every AU out there we're gonna be here all day because most of them are pretty abysmally shitty.

Would have MZ worked better as superheros vs regular zombies instead of sentient ones?

That's Marvel Zombies 4 and it was pretty entertaining so yeah I think so.

>Name a dumber, more poorly executed storyline/event in comics in the last 20 years.
Everything.

This. At least Marvel Zombies was having fun with a stupid idea; modern Marvel thinks it has something relevant to say and treats everything so fucking seriously it's laughable.

Marvel Zombies was suppose to be a one shot but faggot ass nerds wouldn't shut up about it so Marvel does what Marvel does best and pandered to a minority only to churn out garbage.

the stuff with machine man and howard the duck were fun.

this comic is just stupid guilty pleasure shit.

They weren't in the mini with sand-stuffed Spider-Man, that was a different MZ mini

underrated2.

I gives no fuck
The art work alone maed it worth it

Didn't this end in a race for the zombies to try and eat the silver surfer or something?

I remember even as a kid I thought this was the silliest and edgiest thing made just to cash in on zombies.

Civil War II
AvX
IvX
Forever Evil
Metal
Futures End