Remember when this shithole used to talk about good comics?

Remember when this shithole used to talk about good comics?

Attached: Astro_City_Vol_3_1.jpg (1920x2951, 2.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

www88.zippyshare.com/v/KNhTx7BP/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Honestly, it really never did
Even in the old days it was just discussion about Johns Green Lantern and shit like that

It's been 95% capeshit trash for as long as I've been here

which is about 7 years

We never really had longer talks about good comics.
The best threads on Sup Forums were recommendation threads. Here people could bring up new and old favorites and you could get a lot of great tips for series, writers and artists. It's a shame they're so rare these days.

So fucking talk about good comics then, you think people are going to start by you going "man, Sup Forums is shit, isn't it?". Be the fucking change you want to be, as fucking saccharine as that sounds.

KURT BUSIEK #RESISTS

Attached: 1510173713545.png (222x249, 47K)

Shut up you outrage politics fag, Kurt writes good comics, so who gives a fuck about his Twitter?

Remember when comics weren't 99% trash? There's only so many times you can discuss a series that finished 10 years ago...

>recommendation threads
Among the worst threads on Sup Forums.

remember when you used to be a faggot browsing reddit , cbr forums and dc forums?

Except for reddit, yes
Odd that you included reddit because no one gave a fuck about it back when DC had its own forums

I disagree.

Attached: 1194773542795.png (202x197, 7K)

So which ones are your favorites, the Twitter screencap ones, the live-action capeshit ones, or the "what did he mean by this/oh no no no" ones?

Because that issue where he depicts antifa as a benevolent hive mind was both creepy and cringy and showed that Busiek is either misinformed or a giant lefty shill.

How about "What are some comics with [off topic bullshit]?"

rec threads are really just 500 posts of "I like this" with very little discussion

>all protesters everywhere are antifa
imagine being this paranoid

Yeah, because 500 posts of literal teenagers posting forced Sup Forums memes and parroting political arguments about shit they know nothing about is what I call some good discussion.

>but what about OTHER bad threads?
deflection is not a good argument

>HURR U WANT KAWMIKS?? HERE'S 500 YUROPOOR BOOKS NOBODY FUCKING LIKES OR READS
>I'M TOTALLY NOT REDDIT LOL

begging you to kys

if i find a single name i've never heard of in a 500 post recommendation thread, even if there's no explanation as to why i should read it, that was still more productive and worth opening than basically any other thread in here

Sure, but I never said that. I said that we never have longer talks about comics, but that you could bring up your favorites in recommendation threads.
It's true that it's mostly "can anyone recommend X?" - "sure, here's Y, X and Z", but you could get some tips if you asked about the stuff that was brought up.

But it was mostly the atmosphere, for lack of better words. People mentioned stuff they really liked, and if they commented on other choices it was mostly positive, and nobody (usually) gave a fuck if someone started the thread with "I've never read any of this stuff - where do I start".
No, no deeper conversations, but still some of the best kind of threads on Sup Forums.

Feel free to name some of those amazing threads we should have more of any time then.

The ones that feature actual discussion.

What if that single name was a piece of shit and gigantic waste of time to read?

then i'll at least have learned it was shit

reading most Sup Forums threads teaches me nothing other than the fact that the userbase's average age is further from mine every day

And then you take the recommendations of such users and waste your time reading garbage instead of finding a hidden gem.

>I didn't read the comic

>4 threads out of 50
Wow

that's why we need more of them

Don’t try and pretend it wasn’t antifa apologetics.

>protestors protecting others from violent bigots under a black bloc shield of anonymity

You can dress it up however you like but in your heart you know that Busiek cucked.

I know that he's a raging lefty liberal, but he still writes better comics than pretty much anyone working for the Big 2

We had a thread two months ago about Asterix that derailed into talking about Bluecoats. That one was so good I felt like crying.

Don't try to pretend that you read the book, we already know you don't.

>under a black bloc shield of anonymity
user I don't think you actually read the comic

Astro City is still being printed with new issues you fucking mongoloid

it's ending next month

which issue is the little faggot pretendin to have read if I may ask

#49, I believe

Post It

Thank you good sir

www88.zippyshare.com/v/KNhTx7BP/file.html

Touchy

Objectively untrue and it's not even a high standard.

name a currently running Big 2 comic better than Creature of The Night

Superman

I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad

Attached: I didn't sign up for this shit.jpg (120x86, 8K)

Fuck that got a tear out of me

I must be an apologetic anonymous antifa or sumthin

pos it bro

but who the fuck was sandy he just appears out of nowhere at the end and she says "sandy came back"

ex-husband/boyfriend probably

Yea. And then you showed up.

>Busiek cucked

You have to go back

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH

You better be joking

Name a single Big 2 writer right now other than Priest who rivals Busiek. I’m waiting.

Why haven't you left?

Her (implied on and off) boyfriend. She mentions him at the beginning.