So this is so when he appears in the movies he wont be considered a Thanos ripoff yeah?

so this is so when he appears in the movies he wont be considered a Thanos ripoff yeah?

Attached: new_darkseid.jpg (285x742, 35K)

Oh look Ronan the Accuser.

>implying they won't ignore the New 52/Rebirth design like they've done with literally every other character so far

this

DC is fucked either way so they should just stop... like everything

supes has no trunks

What pisses me off about this design is that it makes one of the most recognizable and iconic characters of the DCU unrecognizable. There have been changes to Darkseid's design done before some bad, some good, but they are all instantly recognizable as Darkseid. It's made even worse by the fact that the character's iconic line and catchphrase is "Darkseid is", he has an immutable presence in the multiverse, but with design it's hard to convey that to the readers because you don't even know it's him.

Dude, they've tried to get the trunks off since Superman Lives. It has nothing to do with The New 52.

wait this is legit? looks like shit for darkseid

>implying the DCEU will live long enough for Darkseid to appear

Did you not see how badly JL flopped?

Attached: haha haa.jpg (396x386, 18K)

Yeah, it looks more like a Grayven redesign than Big D himself.

Looks like Thanos' servant The Other from Avengers 1, who later got his neck snapped by Ronan. Not really what DC should be evoking with their universe-level threat.

worse, I think they're gonna make him a loki-style character, I mean I got shivers when he appeared in Mr Miracle a few weeks back, and now this.

Attached: 1464167797411.png (1022x731, 643K)

Man of Steel was already filming before the New 52 was even announced.

nah the chick that directed a wrinkle in time was given full control over the new gods movie

Rule 63 Darkseid looks more like Darkseid than that.

Attached: aa54d874f9c0b8bb43f5f67f93dc251f3a082881 darkseid.jpg (2752x3448, 1.93M)

This should Darkseid's only design, ever.

Attached: 2318470-darkseid_couch.png (500x428, 455K)

>look it up
>it's true

jesus fucking christ

What's wrong with that? I liked Selma.

that's DC for you

other recent hires include Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy

Fun fact, she's also the same one who Marvel had considered giving Black Panther to as well, so we dodged a bullet there.

I get the complaints that he had an iconic design and so on, I get it it's valid

But at the same time, he does look pretty good. I like that design.

ava's new gods is gonna rule so fucking hard

Maybe when they actually manage to include him in the movies in 5 years or so people would've forgotten Thanos.

Nah DC is rushing this as fast as they possibly can. They're trying to make as much money as fast as possible because they think the cape movie trend is about to die down. They're not going to set anything up.

>Dat upskirt

you're unironically wrong on so many levels I cant even right now

Yeah bro! Fuck DC!

Attached: 1519072538768.png (1116x158, 163K)

I know what you mean but given their record the new gods movie can easily become another Flash or GL. Fuck, how long has it been since they casted the Rock?

I don't understand the redesign at all. What's wrong with this? Moreover, Darkseid looks like shit with gold

Attached: Darkseid.jpg (1000x1848, 151K)

Sejic is an awful designer yet someone at DC (probably Khouri) thinks Witchblade had good designs.

What really fucking irks me is how ornate they've been making Darkseid lately. You think Darkseid gives a fuck about looking godly? No, he simply IS. Any bright color like gold just clashes with his atmosphere of dread

Attached: DCAU Darkseid.jpg (1200x1553, 394K)

You don't like it as a standalone design? Like, apart from Darkseid, just the design itself. I think it's pretty good.

Not him, but it's pretty dumb. Those straps on his waist make no sense, it looks like he has 2 zippers on his torso, and hoods are so overdone. This design goes against everything that is Darkseid, and is more suited for say Ronan the Accuser or Apocalypse

i believe part of the rationale for the design is that this is a Young Darkseid.

you know cause he was just a baby like 6 months ago

>it looks like he has 2 zippers on his torso
That's because he does have 2 zippers on his torso.

which of the 2? OP´s or ?
Because the second one holds out pretty well.

Well that just makes it even dumber.

Yeah it kinda reminds me of when they tried to redesign Lobo into that skinny heroin addict fucker in n52

She hasn't even been hired yet you fuckwit, they're considering her...

Jesus christ you ppl are worse than an old womens sewing circle.

He isn't obsessed with death or jewelry and he isn't a cuck who raises other people's kids.

this, we need original seid for best seid

fpbp

>he isn't a cuck who raises other people's kids
Didn't he raise Scott, who is not his son? I mean, sure, he dropped him off in some shitty orphanage rather than straight up raising him, but still.

Injustice Darkseid looks cinematic enough while retaining enough characteristics of the original comic book desing, I imagine a movie version would look like it.

Attached: Injustice_gau_ios_darkseid_render_by_wyruzzah-d95pf2e.png (463x868, 587K)

more like Desaadseid

Attached: Desaad_War_001.jpg (434x423, 40K)

DC's doing better than Marvel

Oh you foolish nostalgiafags. If you had things your way, nothing would ever change.

>he was just a baby
What?

>Didn't he raise Scott
No.

Better in Injustice 2 desu

Attached: darkseid2.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Why is the Thing evil? is something someone asked me about that design.

nu52 superman was trying to synergize with MOS, not the other way around

Looks too rocky.

Close your legs, you slut.

He's literally growing up into his classic look. This isn't permanent any more than Shotaseid was.

why is he a teen/young adult again, when he got back to his fully formed self in wondie?

Someone's not been keeping up with their DC stuff, Darkseid was killed and reincarnated through the baby of Mazahs (Alexander Luthor of Earth-3) and SuperWoman, he was raised by his daughter and he's been killing old gods to gain back his adulthood

Attached: RCO021.jpg (1041x1600, 523K)

More like Dehsaad

Attached: large.png (500x332, 125K)

Snyder already said that this is a young Darkseid so yeah, probably Wondy and her useless brother will take some of Zeus power from him

Attached: 1521919061272.jpg (1348x2048, 504K)

>Someone's not been keeping up with their DC stuff
Can you blame him? Darkseid is a mess and batman is terrible is almost as if the Editor at DC doesnt give a shit about some characters, specially the titans, the gods, magic characters and batman.

But Darkseid is fully grown after killing Zeus is he not?

I think the design works for a young, somewhat underpowered darkseid. A friend of mine asked Sejic on his facebook page a few days back and apparently he wasn't told that darkseid had returned to his normal size in Robinson's Wonder Woman. The editor was under the impression that darkseid was still a teen. But Robinson's issues are better left ignored.

That middle panel is never going to not make me laugh.

>Narutards of Sup Forums
What even is the narutard of Sup Forums

>I think the design works for a young, somewhat underpowered darkseid.
It's literally mcu's Ronan.
It's garbage.

DC's philosophy towards continuity right now is "it all fits", I mean CoIE has happened, not through hypertime but has actually happened, Final Crisis also happened, right now I wouldn't worry about it and just ride the wave, the editors might be relaxed right now, but overall it's not too bad outside of a few books

Well that just points out how fucking neglected Wonder Woman's book is. C'mon, DC! This is becoming Marvel levels of editorial fuck up

A Ronan ripoff is preferrable to a Thanos ripoff?

wait a sec that giant faggot showing emotion for his tiny ball is fucking Darkseid?

Teenage emo darkseid

Did anyone else not even know this was Darkseid at first? I had to scroll down into the thread to find out. I thought it was just some new character.

Attached: 1516519405756.jpg (600x802, 88K)

Attached: The New Robin.png (1082x469, 772K)

How is Wonder Woman still such an afterthought at DC when she's the only one who's had a successful movie?

What do you think will be the reaction when the Final Boss of DCEU is a 280lb bearded bear in a leather miniskirt and thighboots?

Attached: Leather Apoko-Daddy.jpg (1071x983, 866K)

Looks like he can be either a Thanos copy, Ronan copy, or Thing copy.

Because those are 2 separate companies with 2 separate management staff, retard. The better question is why is the 3rd member of the trinity being an afterthought? Oh that's right, because writers have no idea what the fuck Diana's character is supposed to be

Momseid is the greatest thing in the universe, holy shit

Bearded?

No, he's nearly there but not at full power yet. Might be depowered by the end of this arc to early 20s Darkseid which is...hilarious

Or apocalypse

Can Darkseid says MAZAHS? Is he still an evil version of billy batson?

Attached: 1470661862038.gif (275x227, 1.63M)

>You'll erase yourself from the world.
>You'll erase Batman Forever.

That carbon fiber irks me.

God I hate people like you

That was Lex Luthor of Earth 3, not Darkseid

i mean this in the worse way possible.
he just looks like an emo new god

This is exactly who I thought it was before I realized it was supposed to be Darkseid. Like fucking come on. He's completely unrecognizable.