I been postponing this for a while, and i heard a lot of criticism in regards to everything Barbara related

I been postponing this for a while, and i heard a lot of criticism in regards to everything Barbara related.
Is it worth watching just for Kevin and Mark's voice?

Attached: Batman-The-Killing-Joke-Animated-Movie-Poster.jpg (1280x1920, 603K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NC16orUje4M
youtube.com/watch?v=EvLlWh-guck
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaK3DZ3v-WM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kevin is old and busted, and Mark is far from his best

Just skip the first 20 mins and give it a watch. However I'm really disappointed by how much they misinterpreted certain panels, and the poor direction Hamill and Conroy were given

Don't watch the first 30 minutes and you'll be fine

first post worst post

If you skip the first thirty minutes then it's an adequate adaptation of the source material. Only criticisms I'd have is the poor animation quality, occasionally poor voice acting (though I blame that more on poor direction than the quality of the actors), and the fact that they adapted it from Brian Bolland's godawful recoloring, which makes the entire thing look drab and boring.

Same issue as most of the straight adaptations of graphic novels that the animated movies have: the original comic is just better.

Sad that a soundalike fan did the scene better than the actual movie did.

Conroy should've stopped voicing Batman years ago. He's worn out. The difference in his quality even between Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight/this is striking.

And it really felt like Mark was just doing this out of obligation rather than any real enthusiasm.

I find it weird that someone looked at the pages and thought Joker banged hookers

>Mark is a Killing Joke purist and was forced to make a shitty adaptation of it, thus losing all enthusiasm
>He also was forced to work in the joke that is The Last Jedi while it ruined Luke beyond belief.
Poor mark, being him is suffering. Everything he loves to work on get some shitty director and ruins everything

For the love of God, skip the first half.

Second half might be good for you. Everyone interprets certain panels differently, maybe Mark's delivery is how you heard it in your head.

>Disney could've had the actual Luke Skywalker literally until Mark breathed his last
>instead they kill him almost immediately
I really don't know what they were thinking

I bet the director was trying to torch the franchise discreetly

Not really. Kevin seems to Phone it in and Mark claims they took takes he wasn’t a fan of likely because the tone makes Joker sound completely in control/sane as opposed the book which gives off a much more unstable Joker in looks at least.

As pointed out it was likely a director issue. Mark was clear he didn’t like what he did and the director Likely wrote in his death because he knew it be pulling teeth to get Mark back after that so better to just wrap it up.

He’s been really happy with his streaming show and is still having fun with VA work.

Its fucking bad.

No, it's not.

Their voices are fine but the animation is absolute garbage.

Mark had retired as The Joker, and wanted to come back for this
>He also was forced to work in the joke that is The Last Jedi while it ruined Luke beyond belief.
I'll never understood this "HE WAS FORCED" mentality to excomulgate him of being part of the movie.

He read the script, they didn't put a gun to his head.

I mean, he was probably contractually obligated to make the film whether he liked the script or not.

Scripts can change and he was contracted as a 3 movie deal. And imo he only did cameo in first one when Rian didnt even pen the script for second.
You never EVER back out of a big company deal.

>he was probably contractually obligated to make the film whether he liked the script or not.
And whose fault is for signing a contract like that without reading a script first?

That's like saying Bill Murray is not retarded for not researching who was the director of not one, but two fucking Garfield movies.

>And imo he only did cameo in first one when Rian didnt even pen the script for second.

That would make sense if he wasn't quoted as saying how he didn't like that he would never share a screen with Han again when reading TFA

You could just watch the scenes with Mark Hamill on youtube or something. It's really bad and it honestly felt like Mark Hamill was the only one who actually gave a shit about the movie.

how could he have read a script that didn't exist yet?

I see. Thats sad, such a huge potential to be a masterpiece.

> he didn't like that he would never share a screen with Han again when reading TFA
He didnt like it but he didnt find it ruins the whole damn character, he expected to be treated with same modicum of respect as Ford was. At the end of TFA everyone thought it will go the yoda route.

Why would he sign a contract that demanded him to star in a movie without reading a script?

>He didnt like it but he didnt find it ruins the whole damn character, he expected to be treated with same modicum of respect as Ford was. At the end of TFA everyone thought it will go the yoda route.

Same thing. It's his fault for accepting to make a movie without reading a script.

You would think he would've learnt his lesson after Believe in Santa. But again, that's on him. He made his bed, now he lies on it.

But he started in a movie that had a script, you just fail to comprehend second movie wasnt scripted.
Are you saying he should say no until he sees all 3 movies fully scripted and produced?

He signed nthe contract with lucas several years ago. Then lucas sold everything to disney and they rewrote everything.

In fact, i think Mark talked about the original script one of two days ago, and how he was much more satisfied with it than the final cut.

>Are you saying he should say no until he sees all 3 movies fully scripted and produced?
I'm saying he should've said no to a contract that forced him to appear on all 3 movies regardless of the script.

He is the face of Star Wars. They could've continued without him, but I doubt it the backlash would be smaller. If anything it would be bigger.

He had all the leverage to say "I won't make a movie until I read the script"

Let's say he said yes to TFA, just for shits and giggles. He says yes to that one, but his appearance on The Last Jedi is not on paper until he reads a script he likes. That would've been the smart thing to do.

Not to sign a contract for 3 movies, of which he hates the scripts of two but can't back down because it's too fucking late.

He might as well sign for a pyramid scheme.

>He signed nthe contract with lucas several years ago. Then lucas sold everything to disney and they rewrote everything.
Do you have a source on that?

>thinking world works black and white like this
>leverage on 3 movies worth over a billion
>Mark Hammil
>actor bargaining on franchises like he owns the place
Wow you really know shit about movie production. I bet you dont even know how much Lucas was bullied into selling back to ye olde Hollywood producers seeing original Star Wars fucked them all those years ago.

>leverage on 3 movies worth over a billion

Then he shouldn't complain about the movies destroying his characters.

>actor bargaining on franchises like he owns the place

What would have Disney done if Mark Hamil, if Luke Skywalker had said no? Recast? Ignore him completely?

>I bet you dont even know how much Lucas was bullied into selling back to ye olde Hollywood producers seeing original Star Wars fucked them all those years ago.

Of course, he was "bullied" into selling it.

The same thing applies to my comment about Mark. If he was paid that much, then he shouldn't bitch about it.

>What would have Disney done if Mark Hamil, if Luke Skywalker had said no
They would forever ruin his personal life by branding him as only asshole that didnt want to come back on beloved franchise, then they would make sure he would never find an acting gig of any kind in Hollywood or California.
And he sure aint no Mel Gibson to direct his own movies.
Begone child.

>Is it worth watching just for Kevin and Mark's voice?
Honestly? No.
They were so abysmally directed they ended up coming across as amateurs and that really says something about the overall quality of the movie.
Just compare these two and you'll see what I mean.
youtube.com/watch?v=EvLlWh-guck

Honestly the only good thing about The Killing Joke was Ray Wise as Gordon, and I did like how "I Go Looney" turned out as a song.
It's absolutely regrettable otherwise and you'd do best to avoid watching it.

No. It's an awful movie based on a mediocre comic book.

Azzarello wrote this and he has a thing for making Joker a sex predator

>Mark had retired as The Joker
He seems to say that a lot but he constantly came back for the Arkham games and is currently voicing the character in Justice League Action.

he heard Troy Baker's performance and thought "well this shit cannot stand"

Honestly I think the reason why Conroy felt so worn out in this (as well as several other times he's voiced Batman recently) is not really due to age. Hamill's age shows a lot more in his Joker voice and people don't usually complain about it. I think it has more to do with how these movies/shows/games/whatever write Batman.
A big part of what made Conroy's performance in TAS so memorable was the way he could seamlessly transition between Bruce Wayne, Batman, and a middleground between these two, and make them sound believable and emotive. You don't really get that big distinction between Bruce and Batman in recent movies and Batman is written as a stone-cold unflappable wall who grunts to everything and has no character beyond that.

I mean look at how well he turns out when's he actually given something to work with
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaK3DZ3v-WM

He's honestly wasting his talent on all these Batman adaptations.

Attached: 1520101729061.jpg (720x480, 37K)

You could put the Batman Returns ending music on anything dramatic and it would sound good.

>They would forever ruin his personal life by branding him as only asshole that didnt want to come back on beloved franchise

Oh yeah, after The Last Jedi I'm sure people would've made riots over him not being in the movie

>then they would make sure he would never find an acting gig of any kind in Hollywood or California.

I guess WB is screwed without his Joker and trickster or the rest of the voice acting industry .