What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: regularshowFT.png (590x335, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B0w21ajwW3U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing, actually

/thread

Did you really like the poor writing of that season? (The final episodes don't count)

Different user.

I got early season vibes. There was overarching plot but really they went on rando adventures and dicked around. I chuckled, I saw references.

It was good. I didn't go in expecting Shakespearean drama.

It wasn't intended to be the final season, then had to hastily get rewritten to become one.

What this foreshadowed?

Attached: Pops.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

That was the only good plot of the season...

that isn't true at all

Attached: regularseason8.png (658x399, 40K)

Except it is, CN really did push them into saying that it wasn't cancelled. Mark said it was cancelled, and then due to PR had to remove it (there were whole threads about it, it was a real tweet), one of the storyboarders said they didn't know it was ending until halfway in too, on Reddit.

Halfway into the season you get hit with the arc change. The original vision was them colonizing planets or something for a bit, then getting to Lolliland at the end. Benton Connor's tumblr before it was deactivated said Gene the Vending Machine's arc was entirely cut from the season, and the only remaining evidence he was ever going to be a thing was in Welcome to Space where his dome is included. We missed out on a shit ton of great ideas (execution on the other hand who knows) and it will never not make me steamed how CN rushed production 2x as bad, due to airing episode after episode and airing the finale after it was finished by like a day. Plus they didn't have time after they were cancelled to come up with what they were going to do, they just threw their ideas for what was to come together for about the last 15 episodes.

I think the season was lackluster for the first half before they got hit with the cancellation, the writing was off and it seemed to be getting lazy but at the very least some fun ideas were showing up that we hadn't had in forever. If they went to terraform planets I think the first half of the season might've been better, it would've built up to what it wanted and not come off as wasting time/padding out the season. I don't think Pops was going to fight Anti-Pops during this season, rather something happens when they get to Lolliland for a big season ending cliffhanger.

Unironically CN. Not saying they don't have a right to end their shows when they want, but the could've handled putting the hammer down on JG much better than they did. Most of what needs to be said is here but Adventure Time got cancelled with a season or so to spare, yet CN gave everyone time off to come up with how they wanted to end the series. What do we get in turn? Multiple episodes that's just goofing around and the only finale relevant episode is the penultimate one pretty much. Meanwhile Regular Show desperately needed its crew to have time off to figure out the best course of action after being cancelled in the middle of a huge lore heavy story, and yet they didn't, instead they RUSHED them. I think overall 8B is pretty good for how much shit got removed (I think the dome guys were supposed to be sinister and something about the Earth exploding was mentioned one time?) and anything they were trying to do had to be condensed into about 13 episodes or something. I'd say the glaringly bad thing that everyone knows is the finale montage, the art was degrading with each passing scene, and they apparently didn't have enough prep time to remember their rule about how interspecies relationship products come out like. It honestly looks like that entire montage was drawn in 2 days.

Nothing.

i liked how in the movie the galactic park rangers and the space tree show up but it's more of a cameo, and then a season later you see it first hand in-series, regular show's continuity was always really nice, like how their T-shirts for the band was always in their closet, fist pump, etc

>It honestly looks like that entire montage was drawn in 2 days.

Considering how rushed things got at the end, I'd bet good money it was.

It'd be nice to just have confirmation it was, because jesus fucking christ some parts were downright first-draft tier.

Not to mention James Baxter's animation for Pop's scene at the end wasn't even able to be traced in time, they had to cut frames out despite his entire animation being finished. It looks jerky as fuck in the episode, especially Pop's arm and when he transitions between his open arm pose and flying forward, there's like a cut there of a few frames. His animation looked a lot better.

youtube.com/watch?v=B0w21ajwW3U

nothing. the ending did quite well, Mordo had kinda a lame ending with the bat girl, but that was about expected for Mordo

I expected it since the beginning of Season 7. If CJ came back and they got together, you can't just pretend more misunderstandings wouldn't happen in the future, and with Margaret I knew he wasn't getting with her after we saw what their future would be like that'd be a bad way to tell a story, just straight up showing it, waiting to see if it happens, and then it does. If it was going to happen, they wouldn't have went into such detail to give us a what-if sneak peek, they'd just have it happen when it happened.

We didn't get a bonus out-of-production-cycle special episode like Adventure Time's getting after the finale. Instead we get fanfiction bullshit comics by the gwenpool guy.

No merchandise of that badass Mordecai and his clean space getup. Holy shit I'd bang space cadet Mordecai so hard.

Are you saying Pop's death wasn't one of the best scenes in the series? Despite that great final quote and showing RS on VHS, I kinda wish we didn't hear anything from him after he hit the sun and made it go supernova, but I'm assuming that's how they got by the censors, because a form of him lived on rather than him dying entirely. Kids show stuff, especially in their modern era of baby pandering.

NO FUCKING THOMAS

Well it looks like i was wrong. Sorry about that. Sucks about the production though, but considering everything, I still think they did a better job wrapping up the show than most cartoons I've seen.

Attached: regular.jpg (960x630, 303K)

"We can be heroes, just for one day"

Attached: 1514459454744.jpg (280x180, 15K)

Most people think JG ended it on his own due to the first cancellation report, having him say "I ended it on my own terms, we got to tell all the stories we wanted to tell", but they really didn't.

these guys were p cool, especially when they weren't even trying

It has dragonforce, I forgive everything wrong with space episodes.

my nigga bops died and i just oh...oh... my heart hurt all night after it aired, my nigga bops.... my nigga bops... just thinking about it again makes my chest hurt and have mfcueraptions oohhh

Attached: 14612174.jpg (600x1001, 42K)

Stupid dad rock song

This probably sounds awful, but I'm kinda glad it ended like it did. One of the best parts about regular show was the contrast of surreal events in a grounded setting, and I don't think I'd really like more than one season in space.

I think cause the season was in space, the writers were too restricted in what stories they could tell.

t. soyboy

The season aside from the pops stuff and the finale was a tad forgettable at worst. At least it wasn't horrendous like the betacai shit in season 6.

The thing is, if we had had actual space exploration and colonization, I think we'd have had a real great season, and a 2nd in space might not have been so bad, but I agree that 2 seasons in space is kind of an odd choice for the show. Who knows what was going to happen. I just wish that other planet exploring stuff would've happened.

Maybe we dodged a bullet? It seems like they were alluding to Mordecai and Rigby having space heritage by having all the aliens be anthropomorphic animals and Rigby's odd "we all have more in common than we think" followed by laughter.

I got hype. If I don't get hype everyone enjoys something, but when I do it's total fucking shit, and ONLY when I hype does it happen.

Eileen was pretty annoying, and it's weird they caved into Minty's wanting her to come along, I mean they already had 7 main characters and Fives desperately needed something, instead most of his lines seem like they were given to Eileen and he became shafted even harder.