Tanks rockets easily

>Tanks rockets easily
>Punches from Captain America can break it
Explain this.

Attached: armor man.png (900x873, 689K)

Cap can hit harder than a rocket.

Tony sacrificed armor in exchange for all the stupid bells and whistles he could cram into a suit

>Tony sacrificed armor in exchange for all the stupid bells and whistles he could cram into a suit
/thread

I'm not surprised most anons don't get this, this place seems to be getting stupider each year.

>Tony's suit used to have bulletproof crotch armor
>The crotch is no longer bulletproof, but it gives him handjobs
>The back isn't bulletproof anymore but it contains a camelback full of scotch

So out of all the MCU Iron Man armors, which one was the most visually appealing?

For me it was either Mk. III or Mk. VII

Or (like in the comics) he made a weaker, but more portable version of his suit. Tony goes through suits like crazy, always constantly changing and innovating them, and occasionally fighting guys with the original Tin Man looking version.

I'm not sure why, but I love those fights the best of any Iron Man stories.

You made this thread last week. You got BTFO. Why are you making it again?

This is a serious question, OP.

fpbp
spbp

Peak.
Human.
Condition.

Portable Iron Man suits are less durable
And it's not like Cap is a pushover, he fought Ultron for a bit too

This seems canon too, given the Mark 3 had a couple of missiles, and looked mostly like protective armor when it was assembled, and already by the Mark 7 in Avengers, it's crammed to the gills with missiles.

mk 43 for being 42 but without the vanilla coke look

personal favorite although not the best is mk47 bc making the jump to 25/5/70 red/gold/CHROME made me chuckle

Mark VI was the silver lining to Iron Man 2.

Attached: Iron-Man-2_markVI.jpg (1000x1382, 204K)

Suit Case suit is my personal fav. Back in the days when they actually put some thought into how he puts on his suit. Not to mention slim and stylish.

Attached: 1432258270159.gif (254x160, 1.97M)

I imagine the Vibranium shield and robot super arm might be part of it too.

How come he doesn't operate the suit remotely from a safe place instead of cramming his vulnerable human body inside of it.

Do you hate fun user? Remot control is for pussies.

I suppose input lag would make him useless in a fight situation.

Any armor is weak at joints between plates

This.

Someone can jam the signal and voila, free suit.

Because its simpler just to remove the middle man and operate it on the scene. Plus signal jammers are a thing

Didn't the suit he was wearing when Cap kicked his ass, come from a helicopter?
Like he kept it in a helicopter?
Seems like it was just a slightly better version of the mk5 from Monaco

See, this is why you're not a super genius billionaire playboy, user. Free suit my ass, not after he fills it with BEEEEEEEES

Good luck when you pry that thing open, motherfucker.

oh shit sera’s shitposting on Sup Forums someone stop her

>not wanting armor that also gives you delicious free honey
God DAMMIT, user, you suck.

It's become clear as time goes on that Tony is far more concerned with deployment than body armor. I'm guessing his view on body armor is the same as Batman's; he has enough that won't hinder his speed/reaction time, and any hits he takes are his own damn fault

His civil war and both Age of Ultron armors were my favorites. At least as far as the helmet goes. IW looks way too phoney to me.

He still does that sometimes, as shown in homecoming, even though Spidey was wrong, but maybe when he feels he needs to be there at certain instances. Plus who wouldn’t want to actually be in that thing, it’s simply bad ass

USA

I think they’ve never shown this happen for a reason. Isn’t it implied that he can’t just be emp’d? And his suits have their own energy supplies so jamming signals shouldn’t be an issue.. right?

He could use a quantum entanglement channel. It's impossible to jam because the information does not travel, it just teleports into the suit. This would also solve the issue of input lag.

>wanting to clean honey from the inside of a robot suit thats already filled to the brim with shock absorbant gel
im sure itll taste delicious

As if Tony couldn't build a honey collection and filtration system into his armor. Shit, son, he could do it in a cave. He could do it with a rock. He could do it with a sock.

And he has, too. He's not proud.

literally this

had to sacrifice armor thickness for portable suitup technology

>black and yellow iron man suit
>hexagon arc reactor
pls drawfags im begging

because it's fun to use the suit

also ironman 3

The more important question is why would he fight both of them in close quarters when he could have waited till they got out of the top of the tower or whatever that was, and then handled both of their asses in less than a minute.. All for drama ig

His targeting system was fried. Repulsor blasts don't mean shit if he can't hit anything.

>pieces of the armor can de-attach and fly independently
>a blast to War Machine's reactor kills power to the entire suit

Ahh I see. Didn’t remember that part. But even still he had his systems that allowed him to predict and outdo their movement, and wouldn’t it still be smarter to manually aim than to fight super soldiers with vibranium in a small area? I know he didn’t want to hurt them but I feel like there’s definitely better routes he could’ve taken

It’s possible and actually highly likely that Rhodes suit wasn’t designed to do fly together like Tony’s. After all he was much bulkier and probably still had the tank likeness going in Civil War so it wouldn’t make sense for each piece of his suit to have that going on

I mean there were definitely ways for him to take them out without punching and kicking, but at that point he was seeing red because he just watched his parents get murdered by a dude who was right next to him. Not only that, but it was someone who his close friend has been defending and picking over him for the entire film.

He kind of lost it at that point, even to a point where his suit was crippled and he just started yelling that Cap’s shield was his and blah blah blah

You'd think it'd be able to store power in the limbs. And he does use the arm only in avengers 2 when he and tony try to lift thor's hammer

>ironman 1
>cgi looks good
>ironman in anything else
>cgi looks like shit
Explain this.

>single event is by far the most durable the armor has ever been
>nothing even close ever happens again
>Ironfags think this is the baseline and not an outlier

These are true. I rest my case

He also has a suit that can take hulk punches, he’s a futurist that builds suits for specific situations

Attached: C67D95AE-21FA-4F1F-9625-0E99E680928C.jpg (1238x826, 79K)

Rhodey probably sees all the bells and whistles that Tony puts in his suits and explicitly tells him to just make it so he can drop a tank right at a general’s feet so he can say “Boom! You looking for this?”

Silver Centurion, even though it ddidn't last. Besides that, Mark I, Mark III, and the Civil War variant, which is pretty much the Bleeding Edge armor.

IW variant needs more yellow tones on it to win me over.

Attached: PD1374721659200.jpg (894x1311, 120K)

Thor EMP'd Iron Man's armour in JMS's run.

He does on Iron Man 3 and Spider Man Homecoming, but those suits are always super flimsy.

Plus there's the Iron Legion.

Those things always fall apart like bowling pins after a strike. I wonder if it’s because there’s literally nobody inside. He doesn’t seem to ever think of doing an unmanned suit that isn’t hollow inside. Just something that I find funny

I guess he sees those as disposable suits. Or he's afraid of making a fully functional and durable suit that can he can't personally control, and thus can be hijacked or controlled by a third party.

I think the idea was that those suits (9-41) were just poorly made (by Iron Man standards at least) and mostly just to keep himself busy.

cap threw a motorcycle like it was baseball and was strong enough to ground a helicopter.
this is more the fault of the writers for not clearly establishing caps abilitys for the audience.

his "power level" is really inconsistent across the MCU.

the gold one

They address this in the comics often, and gave it a minor hardware in homecoming. He doesnt want to become disconnected from his actions, he wants it to be personal to keep himself in check.

Never happens. A magic metal weapon wielded by cap did it though.

The same reason bullet-resistant glass breaks if you throw a brick at it.

>Pleb

Attached: Caps more than a match.png (1327x1638, 561K)

THATS WHAT I CALL REAL AMERICAN MUSCLE
BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

The one he used in the final fight of the original avengers movie.
Any suit with a triangular core is shit tier per default.

Attached: 122109857117.jpg (500x598, 49K)

AoU and Civil War armour are my fav so far.

Tony joins AIM, keeps calling them HIVE because of their silly bee suits. Even created a suit as you describe because he was convince they were running a bee theme. It was a very short lived collaboration, not an amicable split. He did NOT share his delicious honey with them on the way out, either. Fuckers.

Semi-related note, I was always amused that Tony basically created or empowered a villain in every movie appearance. The Iron Monger was built based on his designs and powered by his arc reactor. Ivan was driven by Stark's flamboyance to complete his father's work, Hammer just wanted to be Stark. Loki used Stark Towers sustainable clean energy to open the portal. Tony's snubbing him drove Killian to a new murderous path and the work he jotted down helped the development of Extremis. He created Ultron (Banner helped but somehow nobody really remembers and I'm sure he's glad). Stark's guilt made him support the Accords which created the rift that turned Cap and others into criminals and lead to them nearly destroying themselves. Stark served as another source of anger for Toomes and they were jacking his tech along with the alien shit.

He can't seem to go anywhere without fucking things up.

Cap's abilities are very defined.

He is strong enough to do shit like that btu at the same time, he was nothing but a gnat to Loki. Loki took his best shots with ease and put Cap on his ass.

If cap fights humans, he turns them into paste (just like T'challa and Bucky do).

If Cap fights other peak humans (Skull, T'challa, Bucky), they are on even terms.

If Cap fights above his wt class, he gets his ass kicked (Loki) or there are circumstances that even the field (IM being tagteamed and not wanting to kill cap, SM being a stupid kid who can't fight and got outleveraged, et).

IM is the one that is all over the place depending on what armor he has on and what plot devices are going on

MCU has done a much better with power levels than the comics ever did. It is pretty damn defined.

- Redshirts

- skilled humans aka humans away from their gadgets (falcon outside his suit, tony outside his suit, rhodey outside his suit, hope outside her suit)

- elite skilled humans (hawk, widow, crossbones, batroc, mbaku, okoye, nakia)

- peak humans (cap, bp, bucky, skull, killmonger)

- weird grey area spider-man operates where he is much stronger than peak humans but not on the level of the next tier. possibly could have people lik Ronan, Drax, Koruth, Sif, Volstag, Loki, and other aliens

- super humans (thor, hulk)

- yass queen level (carol, you know its coming)

iron man tends to bounce aroudn peak human to super human depending on the armor and plot device

MCU Bucky is said to be superior to Cap, though for an obvious reason. The knockoff super soldier serum he was given is supposedly as good as Cap's but his main advantage is his robo-arm. Technically it might fall into special equipment since Cap has his shield, but his shield is easier to remove from his person than Bucky's arm is.

He can also fight evenly with ultron.
He is just a plot device that can go one on one with anyone the plot needs him to.

>He can also fight evenly with ultron.
He got ass kicked. All he could do was distract Ultron and try not getting killed in the process.

>- yass queen level (carol, you know its coming)

I guess Hela counts too, unironicaly including the yass queen.

Carol is likely be on Thot tier.

And I am pretty sure that the named asgardian are likely stronger than Peter.

This is an excuse you guys took and ran with. AN EXCUSE. You put more thought into it than Shane Do Yiu Rly Expect Me to Care about Capeshit Black and The Russo schmoes.

He went toe to toe with a helicopter and was holding his own if not winning. Seems a bit more than mere peak human capability, frankly. Similarly, though, Loki's durability and strength seems to fluctuate depending on the movie. He could shrug off Cap's punches and throw him around, was bulletproof, but since then he's been something of a joke. Asgardians themselves are a bit of an unknown. We don't get much sense if any that their civilians have any enhancements over regular humans, but then we've only seen them up against powerful enemies.

I agree with you it's all likely just dictated with the plot as needed and this seeming lack of consistency is easily overlooked by the general audience.

MCU Cap is definitely not peak human, he's at the very least entry level superhuman. The no parachute dive, giant falls and only being slowed down by serious bullet wounds in Winter Soldier, surviving against Ultron, etc.

This. His suits went from form-fitting, badass boxer to this poor knock-off.

Attached: PD1519997083bGb.jpg?1522239935830.jpg (894x1311, 140K)

CW suit for comparison.

Attached: PD14609798675Q6.jpg?1522240013836.jpg (894x1311, 139K)

He always had some super human qualities. The efficiency of his biology such that he couldn't get drunk, for instance. There might be a bit of wiggle room here. It's possible that such behavior isn't outside the possibility of the human kidney but the super soldier serum allows it to continue such operations over long term durations where a normal kidney operating at that function would effectively burn itself out. Similarly Cap's body is extremely efficient at overcoming fatigue, including the lactic acid build up in cells, so while a human can show periods of extreme strength in a pinch (the stories about mothers who dead lift a car other suitably heavy weight off her child, etc) Cap can sustain it. For instance even if a normal human could product a burst of strength capable of hampering a helicopter they couldn't do it for long, and would cause all kinds of structural damage in their muscles, but Cap's body copes. It's not certain how long it would take him to tire and let go of the helicopter but Bucky didn't want to wait it out. So not just peak human potential but sustained at these absurd levels. Definitely overall superhuman even if (and I stress the if) within the realm of human potential.

No. "supposedly"... in your head you mean? Because this hasn't been shown at all. If anything. Bucky is the shittiest of the peak humans so far

To be fair his Infinity War suit is apparently comparable to his Extremis comics version. The nanotech hidden in his body shit. Makes sense it would be sleeker and if it can be constantly rebuilt by, ha, micro machines it can function with amazingly compact components that resist wear and tear because not only are the materials extremely durable they're also constantly being rebuilt as needed.

Visually I agree I do like the suit to at least look like a man is inside as opposed to looking like an actual robot.

ultron has no feats... he isn't comic ultron. And he stalemated at best. He got hit constantly while Ultron quipped.

Descriptions of the character by the movie staff, doge. You didn't know he was tested on by Zola? He can run as fast as Cap, he can jump and sustain landings like Cap. He's got the same physical empowerments as Cap. Have you even watched the damn movies, son? In combat, however, he typically gains the advantage because of his cybernetic arm.

If you don't trust me actually watch the movies, that is if you feel you can trust your own damn eyes.

Because you only see Loki surrounded by Gods.

When he was on Earth, he bitchslapped cap, walked off an explosive arrow to the face and iron man repulsors

He's also fought Thor somewhat evenly, he fought Valkryie evenly, he easily took care of frost giants, dark elves, and evil hela goons

he is WAY above Cap.

We have seen Volstag lift a car for fun. Sif was 100% enhanced in AoS as well.

The issue with the asguardians is that you keep seeing them fighting other enhanced people so they all look "normal."

movie staff quotes don't mean shit. he isn't superior to the other peak humans

In canon, in the movies, he is ont he same tier as Cap and T'challa... except he keeps getting his ass beat.

Physically he is close tot he same except for the "keeps on losing" thing

Cap has super-strength and he has that shield. But really, it makes no sense. You just sort of have to accept that: It's not like punching a fighter jet or a tank a million times would significantly dent it, even if you were Manny Pacquiao or something.

In all fairness, a middle-aged alcoholic with no appreciable fighting skills almost killed two young Aryan ubermensch, and he WOULD have killed them if he wasn't holding back. That's a fairly good deal.

He is MCU peak human. which is similar to the current comic book peak human.

For some reason, comic peeps keep comparing it to the "60s peak human" which just mean they were the bst humans can be in everything.

it power creeped since then. big time. comic book peak human now is well beyond what it was in the 60s

T'Challa isn't normal human, son. He's Panther-Powered. Why are you even discussing the MCU if you haven't bothered to watch the movies?

Warriors Three and Sif don't count as civilian Asgardians by any stretch of the imagination. Okay they punked out to Hela but being OP was Hela's thing.

I mean, a good example of that is early in WS Bucky chokes Cap with his mech arm, enough that he's strong enough that Cap can't just overpower him to get away, but in their final fight Cap does the same thing in reverse and just one arm lifts Bucky screaming into the air like he's a helpless small child.

I think you misread that post. The contention wasn't that Bucky's super soldier powers are superior, in fact they are considered comparable to other similarly enhanced characters. It's the cybernetic prosthesis that typically gives him an edge. He tends to use it similarly to Cap's shield in several scenes, including bullet deflection, but it's harder to get off of him than Cap's shield. Not that it can't happen.

Now if the Wakandan scientists give him a vibranium based arm...it would likely still behave as we've seen it, let's not kid ourselves. The movies dictate the sliding scale of super powers as and others pointed out.

That's called a robot, user.