Have electrical engineering degree with 20 months co-op experience

>have electrical engineering degree with 20 months co-op experience
>graduated in 2015
>couldn't find a job
>now make $18/h working as a labourer

Who else here is a failure?

Other urls found in this thread:

jobs.garda.com/job/Toronto-20-Bilingual-Airport-Customer-Service-Agent-Toronto-ON/372242900/
jobs.garda.com/job/Toronto-High-Profile-Mall-Security-Guard-Job-ON/376130000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>18 an hour
>failure

Pick 1, I'm 34 and make 11.70 an hour at a factory and ive been there for 12 years now

what university did you graduate from?

student advisor from a college making more than you part time reporting in.

>Got degree in electrical engineering in 2014
>Worked in call centres for minimum wage
>Been neet for a year

Kill me pls

How come you can't get a job? I thought electrical engineering was a guaranteed job.

I have an m.s. in biology and am currently trying to join the IBEW because I'll have more stability and higher pay. Currently, I'm basically a failure though ;_;

>electrical engineering degree

Wtf, how? My dad has been an electrical engineer his entire life, been on business trips to most countries in the world, makes a VERY comfortable living.

He always told me that his career was the best possible choice, due to the fact that their always hiring, and the industries just keep growing.

Where do you live? The Alaskan border?

University of Victoria

Worked for an oil company in Calgary, then the oil crash happened and nobody wants to hire somebody with oil industry experience

Since when did people start believing that life has to always go on an upward trajectory? Maybe since the baby boomers? Suffering has been the norm throughout history.

move back to Vancouver, get out of oil country, it's dead.

flunked out of comp sci degree, switched to a psych degree, graduated in 2014, now I work 20 hours a week loading fed ex packages into trucks for 12.60 and 20 hours at a hotel doing laundry for 10.59. Also my dad pressured me into trying for a degree in manufacturing at a community college, flunked out

holy shit, how many of you sad fucks are there. if you have a certified engineering degree you should be able to work for any respectable company. wtf is going on when you apply to places?

$18 still better than me when i graduated and i was making $11/hr for part time work.

Now ten years later I am at $50/hr.

difference is i picked a bullshit degree , whereas your EE degree should be more in demand by employers.

start doing electrical work pro bono for dispensaries and hydroponic facilities growing weed.

maybe paint ur skin brown and u wil lfind a job

>oil crash happened and nobody wants to hire somebody with oil industry experience

life you chose oilfag suck it up and wait it out

t.petroleum engineer

Wat do?

Since Trudeau came into power, the best advice I can give any student is to learn French to CCC level. The government is fastest growing employer right now. Sure our country may be fucked in the long term and may go into a debt crisis a decade from now but if you want a secure job, your best bet is to learn French and get on the government payroll on an indeterminate contract.

Is your factory in Mexico? What type of factory?
People say Canada is suppose to be so much better than the US.

When I worked in a factory in rural north dakota I started out at 14.75 a hour. When I worked at a factory in Minneapolis I made started out at 13.50 a hour.

This.
Unemployment is up, and will never go back to what it was.
Inflation is going up faster than wages.
Houses, healthcare, and college are going up the worst, and may never be fixed.
Libcucks are getting more violent, and won't need to be paid by Soros anymore.

what job?

Ontario canada, a guy I work with has been at the company for almost 50 years and he only makes a dollar more per hour than I do

They were the only companies who were hiring at the time

I make min wage at 30 doing CAD/CAM work for a small mom and pop company that makes fiberglass insulation for steam and gas turbines. Mechanical engineering degree from GATech and have about to have my PE license. I made a 3.8gpa and my sister barely scraped by with Ds and Cs in Industrial engineering and makes over 100k a year and she's 5 years younger than me, also she failed the EIT exam and doesn't even have it. She regularly calls me for advice/help. That's just how the job market is now. If I didn't enjoy my work I wouldn't be doing it.

I'm 22 and I make over $15 an hour as a security guard in the summer

What shit school did you go to that couldn't land you a job? How the fuck did you get 20 months of coop but cant find a job all of a sudden now with a finished degree?

Now with the winning combo of NDP and Trudeau ruling Alberta
F

Wagecuck at $14/hr. At least I can be happy that I have work overtime for 1.5x pay on Saturday and Sunday, r-right?

I never thought that I would become a workaholic in my life. Work to distract the pain away.

I dont know if I believe you. You are telling me there are better factory jobs in bumfucknowhere North Dakota then in Ontario?

I can't find anything that will pay more than 12 an hour

>now make $18/h working as a labourer
An electricians apprentice makes similar amounts here in the USA. Even worse is that after 5 years, his pay will double.

Leaf-user, don't be a failure. You may need to move to make more, irrelevant of the field.

Are you guys talking in CAD? Man that's even lower than I thought...

Yeah apparently. ...... jobs don't pay shit here, I pay rent and my food for the week and I'm broke again until the next pay

>tfw haven't saved any money in 12 years

>Highschool education.
>Get entry level govt job.
>Show that I'm overqualified.
>Position opens up in management.
>Lie on my resume.
>Get position, make $28/h at a desk, up for promotion, and accepted into a top university's distance program.
>Submitting an innovation proposal that even if rejected will further allow me to climb the ladder.
>In 4 years I'll be able to apply for jobs in Ottawa.

wew.

I had to quit uni temporary because I don't have money and quitted my last two jobs because they sucked ass, I've applied for various jobs that might suit me but they never called me back, and I don't have the money that I have to contribute in my house by the end of this month.
I can see the fistfight with my brother already, we had brawls over money before.

Get a security license (if they require it in Ontario) and they'll pay you at least like $15 an hour. I work for a local company but check out Garda or something

For a summer job while I'm at school it's very good. Especially because I don't have to wake up early and I have a lot of autonomy on the job

$18 an hour is a lot of fucking money. I sporadically make $10 an hour.

did you graduate right after the oil prices plummeted? that was us. sorry

This

18 an hour is life on easy mode compare to my shit wage

Financial Analyst. Not the most exciting, but someones gotta do it, and pay is decent; i still feel like i could be getting 20% mroe if i moved around. and it's mostly basic math, nothing complicated. and Excel does all he work for you anyway. Sure it can be automated, but someones still gotta supervise the automation or the Indians who took over some of the work.

Point is I started lowpaying an unrelated temp job for over a year, before I found a full time. So keep trying. It is a numbers game and networking game - push out as many resumes as you can and try to meet many people who are already in the industry

Aren't you worried that you're going to be caught about the resume lying in the future?

I think they are talking in Canadian dollars ($1 CAD = .73 USD) but yeah they're doing better than you.

The real question here is how an engineering student, with 20 months of co-op expereince couldnt get an entry level job.

Althugh I feel you OP, it sucks when youve worked that hard and people look at you and say "not dark enough"

>Now ten years later I am at $50/hr.
Doing what?

No, lots of people get away with it

>having a degree
>having a job
Meanwhile I'm here without a degree and neet for 3 years and waiting to end it

>complaining about $18 an hour
nigger my mom raised me on $13 an hour. you'll survive.

al naimi saved our ass in 08 so let's call it even

Alberta on suicide watch

I graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree when Regan was President and had five job offers 2 months before I graduated.

pls go ahead india, and pls dont come here.

>he think he is suffering while having a good pay.

>My dad with 30 years experience is always employed!
>This is totally comparable to a new graduate!

yah nah. Over half my engineering class didnt have engineering jobs last year.

>be me

>UW fag

>Computer science

>second co-op (internship)

>making 50$ an hour, 82K a year with a 10K housing stipend

KEK.

Quit your deadend job and move senpai. Im in a shithole and i could make more without even trying. That coop is a dead giveaway though, probably trained you to be a suckup. That works for affirmative action, but you want money, you gotta work towards something, not just sit around waiting for oil jizz to dribble down to you.

They could be massive autist.

*USD by the way

Buddy of mine has a degree in electrical engineering. He's 31 and makes 6 figures. Apply yourself you lazy millenial.

Yeah I think so too. I lied a bit on my college application too. I think people just trust that you're being honest, especially when you get 20,000+ applications annually.

You have a job that pays above minimum wage, you aren't a failure.

>didn't fall for stem meme
>have a $70,000 a year job out of college with linear promotion and raises
Lol.

>25 years old
>shitty two year IT degree
>now working on shitty BS in software development
>make 10.50 an hour working in a grocery store
>can't even get a call center job "not enough experience hurr durr"
>thinking about working in a prison as a CO because it's easy to get hired

I pull 85k a year and I only have a bachelors in business, thank god for connections. I don't do shit all day either. Hell half the day I'm on here shit posting about politics.

> PHD in Greek Mythology and Classics
> 300k starting

>Chem Eng BS 2010

>Economy is fucked, local companies (of which there are only few) refuse to hire any graduates

>Fiscally destitute, can't afford to move to where the jobs supposedly are without an assurance of employment and/or relocation assistance.

>No one offers relocation assistance, most non local jobs insist on "Local candidates only!" because they're just as panicked about hiring as the local guys.

>Subsist on nothing as I pick up unpaid internships just to try and stay relevant. Most places won't even let me work for free because they want to give those slots to people still in school.

>It doesn't work, the degree is wasted, no one takes me seriously even when the economy supposedly "recovers".

>Called overqualified for crap jobs, forced to lie about even having a degree to be "competitive".

This world is broken, but STEM is also a meme.

Join the military.

Its all relative, to someone who spent time and money for an engineering degree, yes it is, to someone who is just a HS grad, no

thats actually not good pay in canada considering how goddamn expensive it is to live here

for example 1/4 of that money at very least is all gone to taxes

spend childhood learning to program.

break hand in a fight. now have permanent wrist damage and nerve damage. Now in sales. Failure because I have to hustle all day to make money, but not that bad I guess

>start doing electrical work pro bono for dispensaries and hydroponic facilities growing weed.
I strongly doubt that those business need an electrical engineer.

This tbfh. Glad I saw that oil boom is a meme

So what do you do now. This will literally be me in 5 years. I fell for the meme too.

STEM is still a good career

H1B needs to be stopped for anyone who's not a nobel tier scientist

>Calgary

get the fuck out of that shithole as fast as you can

that literally explains all your fucking problems. worst fucking city in the country right now. What province were you born in? if you were born in BC come home there is planety of jobs here however if youre an albertan then you can fuck off

im in the same situation as OP. my friends who graduated 5 months before me got a job less than a month after graduation.
i cant even get a job at mcdonalds, im thinking of just give up looking for a job and just do something else.

26 and unemployed, practically unemployable at this point due to the gap in my resume.

I don't think that even volunteer groups want me.

Fucking retards.

I only had 1 internship on my resume, and an average GPA (3.2), and I found a job 1 month after graduation.

Just apply to those contractor firms. They'll land you a job within 2 weeks, guaranteed. Stop trying to aim for the "6 figures" meme. You don't get it, unless you're jewish.

Like here, assuming you're in Toronto and you can speak French you can get this at almost $20 per hour:

jobs.garda.com/job/Toronto-20-Bilingual-Airport-Customer-Service-Agent-Toronto-ON/372242900/

>$50 an hour
"..."
>USD by the way

mechanical engineering here

I never could get a co-op

graduate next august with a master's
don't know what kind of job I'll actually be able to get without any experience
I may be forced to get a phd at some small barely accredited college

>So what do you do now. This will literally be me in 5 years. I fell for the meme too.

Not that guy but youll have to take out your education section on your resume and work from the bottom

Same thing happened to me(Jan. 08 grad)

Been working at a call center for 4 years, now I'm a supervisor for $10.50 an hour but it's a shit gig.
I thought going back to school for electrical engineering was guaranteed bucks.
Am I really wrong anons?

>do stem everyone the world needs more engineers
>stem faggots cannot comprehend supply and demand
>just mutter "I have a stem degree that gaaayyyyrunteees me a jawb right" while muttering and staring at their feet.

To put it in perspective, I was making $18/h when I was 19 years old, now I'm 26 and making $18/h again, adjusted for inflation I make less now that when I WAS A FUCKING TEENAGER

I AM A FAILURE

i think many here, myself included are not good at meeting people

why don't mbs just order a stop to all of that?

>30 years

You don't see the retardedness of your comment?

>if you have a certified engineering degree you should be able to work for any respectable company
not in Albertastan

just get the fuck out of that soviet-tier shithole. hell even anywhere but calgary would be an improvement hell even Saskatchewan would be great

50 yo EE reporting in. Get used to it, the engineering fields are saturated, have been for a decade or more. If possible get more schooling in a different, but related, field. Or get a teaching degree to take advantage of the STEM push that led you here, so you can train more unemployable engineers. Being fluent in a foreign language would be useful too.

Mall security guard at $14 to $20:

jobs.garda.com/job/Toronto-High-Profile-Mall-Security-Guard-Job-ON/376130000/

>tfw math phd with 300k starting

hahahhahahah stay mad poorfags :^)

I was a hobbyist coder in college, so I'm just taking free classes on the side to learn practical languages and hopefully parlay that into something employable. I'm using the STEM meme as a weapon buzzword to impress idiots.

Beyond that I must live as simply as possible. I can only eat one meal a day and buy nothing else (beyond gas). I still hemorrhage cash thanks to my crushing student loans. Live with my folks but they went bankrupt independent of me so things are frankly really dire.

Just live day by day.

Hm.

This is making me feel a lot better.

I've been suicidal because I felt like I ruined my life because I didn't go engineering (I went biochemistry. Which I assure you is shit).

I dropped out of debt academy, and was making $30 an hour managing a business. Got married, now a stay at home dad and manage a few rental properties we own. Wife is in biotech.
Spend my days with my kid, improving our property and recently took up blacksmithing for shits and giggles.

>in my 30's with a degree in network administration.

Working in skilled trades making decent money. Thankfully I could fall back on the skilled trades as my father and grandfather were carpenters and I've been helping them renovate and build houses since I was a kid.

Pseudo failure? I only make a decent wage though because I've been at it for so long now.

>about to go to university for industrial mechanic
>tfw no industrial jobs

No Canadian job pays this well, it is American tech companies that suck are willing to pay this kind of premium to secure employees from top notch schools.

If that makes you feel better, we are getting ripped off in the grand scheme of things because when you are paid that much, you can be sure that you capture a small fraction of the wealth you are actually creating.

pic related for a four months internship, I am in 2nd year, most of my upper years friends are doing around +120k / year (internships) and +200k/year with 50-100k signing bonuses (and RSU) once they graduate.

But that's the top 1%, just to let you know it is worth getting up there if you are intellectually capable... don't be lazy

>no industrial jobs

this is canada. this should be a fucking well known fact by now

that suck top schools students who*

We might leech off of the US's success with Trump bringing back all the industry. American companies do a lot of business with Canadian companies.

>28 years old
>shitty two year IT degree with A+ cert along with two years experience (in pushing boxes and running cat5e cabling in Walmart)
>make $15 an hour
>only 3k saved
>no friends
>no gf

I may not be NEET, but I'm no where near successful in life

>tfw 26
>Make min wage