Is the Evil emperor Zurg the perfect balance between a hilarious villian and a threatening one?

Is the Evil emperor Zurg the perfect balance between a hilarious villian and a threatening one?

Attached: jim crackin dandy.gif (450x337, 3.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wh-pbS9_xTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know, is he?

Did anybody actually watch the Buzz Lightyear cartoon?

Pretty sure its Aku.

Yes. Him doing petty shit just to mess with Buzz is great.

But he's neither.

Aku wusses out at the sight of Jack holding his sword because he knows he stands no chance against them combined.

>Hold my -inator

Attached: dr__doofenshmirtz_by_smoodoos-d3i09lb.jpg (838x954, 57K)

yeah? It's fucking great, user

Yes. He was like Hades: his plots were actually threatening and barbarically evil, like when he enslaved an entire planet of "grey" aliens who had 1950's (literally) technology and turned their planet into a giant war factory, but was so hammy and fun you loved him anyway.

Also, Wayne Knight is fucking perfect for him.

Attached: Zurg.png (599x386, 272K)

Behold, Lightyear, my HYPER DEATH RAY!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=wh-pbS9_xTs

Attached: HyperDeathRay.jpg (461x341, 53K)

>he didn't watch BLOSC
I pity you user, you missed out on disney's best series

>threatening
Also that cartoon was bland as fuck holy shit

Nah, that title belongs to Dr Ivo Robotnik Eggman

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>Also that cartoon was bland as fuck holy shit
You're NOW just realizing this?

That was Wayne Knight!?

Hello newman

Only thing missing is Zurg being Buzz Lightyear's father.

That's pretty dark for a Disney cartoon.

he isn't threatening at all

Don't know why this wasn't the case in the series,

Did you not?

Aku is supposed to be threatening but he's never shown as such to the audience. You are told of all the bad shit he does but you never get to watch it as it happens so you are just left with the funny bits

I love how Zurg runs his evil empire like a company, he even lets his slaves have casual fridays

spbp

And Patrick Warburton playing both Buzz and the LGMs.

He actually tried to claim such a thing to Buzz in one episode, but it was only a trick to throw him off-guard.

He wasn't??
The movie stated this, right?
Does the tv show follow a different canon?

The toys tend to be delusional when they're fresh out of the box, plus it's shown that the cartoon is an in-universe show that the toys watch.

My head canon was always that BLOSC was the cartoon that Toy Story's buzz was created after. Going along with that, maybe it's a later season of BLOSC where that plot point comes up and we just never got to see it.

they might be delusional but only compared to the real world
their thoughts and memories are those of their respective franchises' universe, aren't they?
if Zurg is "programmed" to think Buzz is his son, then it means that in the Buzz Lightyear canon, he is

I always wondered if that was him or just someone who sounded just like him.

NEWMAN!!!!!!

Uhhhh what? You literally get to see the entire world he enslaved and detailed expressions of how he ruined people individually

>Did anybody actually watch the Buzz Lightyear cartoon?

Dude, I still watch it.