Dark Prince Charming

How come this gn is so fucking good?
It shits on DC's shit in literally all aspects, be it the writing, overall story, art, whatever.
It even made me want more of this Joker and i'm fucking tired of anything involving the Joker .
Should DC hire more french stuff? Or simply turn down Batman stories in general?
This story works so fucking well, who the fuck wants to see Batman fighting the Over-Dark-Monitor-Demon with 2hth deus-machina-X-magical-reality bending metal armor? That is garbage.
tl;dr bring back Batman to his roots by letting him stay in Gotham dealing with street criminals.
Also hire better artists

Attached: RCO060.jpg (1600x1232, 400K)

Batman fights street criminals in most of his books user, the out of this world stuff is reserved for events or the JL books

Just read classic Batman and stop whining, old man.

When part 2 out?

June

I absolutely agree, this is like a blow of fresh air, I also liked this iteration of the Joker and I think that Joker has been the most insufferable and overused character in the Batman franchise over these last years. Part of the merit goes to the european style being used here in my opinion, this feels like an old Batman cartoon with more mature themes and a pinch of stuff like Blacksad.

Not entirely true, he still does fight street criminals in Gotham, but recently everyone tries to incorporate it into a far bigger epic, that can still take place in Gotham but wants to shook Batman's mythos by its foundations, including stuff from other parts of the DC universe in the meantime, and after Morrison and Snyder it got to a point that it's pretty tiring, it lost its effect, it's like Galactus, or Uatu, after being used so many times nobody bats an eye anymore when they appears, it feels mundane too after a while.
I love big stories, but it's not really Batman's thing either.

This is moronic, disregarding everything that made a series great and popular with the pretense that it's old and doesn't work anymore is the most shortsighted approach anyone could have.
Nobody wants to see the same thing over and over again, but the elements that characterize the success of something should never put aside, if you want something different read something else, if a writer wants to make something completely different he better create something completely new, trying to change old things too much and refusing when you could create fresh new stuff is detrimental to the comic book medium just as much as being too conservative.

just a reminder this was drawn with a paintbrush

wtf how

Oh I didn't actually know this existed, from what you said I'm a little excited to read it. I just want to complain, everyone's already said it, but I hate how often the joker keeps popping up.

time and, while it sounds silly, love.

>Got the last copy of DPC from my LCS
based

Read more Eurocomics.
Also, the author is not French.

Agreed.
The biggest appeal is obviously the gorgeous art but it actually offers something besides it (unlike White Knight which looks pretty but is a crock of shit in every aspect).
It feels like the kind of straightforward detective-based stuff you'd see in a Bill Finger story (although far less clever) but with the heart and emotional aspect of a decent episode of Batman TAS (not the great episodes though, it's not quite up to that standard).
It got me to not roll my eyes at reading Joker and that's enough of an accomplishment for me. I got a lot of pretty wallpapers and reaction images out of it and that's always a plus.

I'm just waiting for the 2nd part.

Attached: 1509615881909.jpg (1094x581, 224K)

>Joker just want to get something nice for Harley
It's a nice change of pace

>bring back Batman to his roots
Fighting Vampires and Monsters?
Fucking casual.

It's am good comic, but stop pretending you are a fan of batman when the truth is that you just want to bitch out.

Attached: monk.jpg (181x278, 16K)

these
i also loved the batman/killer croc interaczion. while the 'croc is just a normal guy with body modification' trope was done before, the scene itself was fucking great.

>back to the roots means literally the beginning, not the stuff that made a franchise great/famous
autism. and i don't mean it in a meme way. taking things 100% literally is a sign of autism. fuck off

You have no idea how to run a business.

>Or simply turn down Batman stories in general?
Think about this question for a minute. Use your brain.

>I absolutely agree
This coming from a guy that says “blow of fresh air”

>not the great episodes though, it's not quite up to that standard
What are the great episodes, user. Tell me.

>not the stuff that made a franchise great/famous
That happened in the 40's but meaby you mean bronze age stuff and that could mean when he was fighting weremen?
Or when he was using chi to heal his wounds? Snyder is garbage regardless. but stop pretending you are a batman fan

Attached: Batman_255_Page_001_Front_Cover.jpg (1052x1554, 166K)

Storytime?

No, fuck off.

I hope someone would do it
Kill yourself

I follow this artist on Instagram and his progress videos are incredible

No you.

There's something so right about current DC that even comparing it to Marvel is retarded. Marvel have put up such little competition, we all have to have DC ongoing wars.

no one was talking about Marvel, fuck off.

That's the point. 2018... Marvel is... forgotten...

>if a writer wants to make something completely different he better create something completely new, trying to change old things too much and refusing when you could create fresh new stuff is detrimental to the comic book medium just as much as being too conservative.

Man, I couldn't agree more with everything you said, but the dull truth is that known names and recognition make more money that OC, at least for the big 2.

I mean, why would they keep fucking rebooting everything all of the time instead of going with new heroes, if it wasn't for money?

>failed Sup Forums meme
Just go back, cancer

>This coming from a guy that says “blow of fresh air”
After years of Batman engaging with gargantuan story arcs in which he has to save the world and authors tries to completely deconstruct his whole mythology? Yes, this is a blow of fresh air in between big, smothering, pretentious story arcs, I am not using that expression lightly, it was carefully picked to express how I think big events oversaturated the franchise and readers are beginning to become numb towards these stories that don't want to let them breathe for a single moment. Also, how is this return to its roots not different to Batman if we compare it with the trends of this past decade of Batman stories?

Explain me how I'm wrong, I'm all ears, you fucking retard.

The plot isn't the most original but it has so a great writing, wonderful GN. The art is beautiful and the dialogue really good, there's action in this GN, while other artists have problems with action Marini did a remarkable work in that regard.

And his Joker is funny

>Batman fights street criminals in most of his books user,
Well we know you don't read batman or tec

It was drawn with pencil, he paints his colors and inks.

>Explain me how I'm wrong, I'm all ears, you fucking retard.
It’s “breath” of fresh air. You breathe air in. You don’t blow it.

New things can find a huge success and make huge profits too, just look at Mark Millar and Robert Kirkman. Their stuff is not really that great, but then you have people like Paul Pope and Jeff Lemire who are doing just fine in their own regards.
It depends on what you wanna do, even if you are more interested in profit than quality you can still reach your goal by making new stuff.

Beside the fact that he's right about the core you didn't even post something from the golden age. So fuck off.

Hahaha BLOWN the FUCK out!!

We don't need this in this thread please fuck off.

If we have to argue about semantics I'm not wrong either, it's a blow of fresh air for readers to breathe in.

>slightly screwing up a saying in what's clearly a second language means he isn't smart

We don't need such brazen brainlets here.

Leave faggot

>being this mad you got B T F O

That's not me, nice try though, fag

You newfags really need to learn how to use the site.

>now samefagging to hide your tears
It's OK, kiddo.

>Fighting Vampires and Monsters?
You mean the one singular vampire enemy created by Gardner Fox who never made another appearence again until 1982?
Or Hugo Strange's monster men who only appeared in one story at the time before the character's 30 year dissappearence?
Is that what you mean by Batman's roots?

Next you are going to tell me Batman used guns and killed people all the time in the Golden Age.
You clearly seem to know a lot about what Batman's Golden Age stories actually were like and isn't at all just spouting incorrect memes to disguise what a ignorant casual you are.

Attached: 1521134365961.jpg (1353x761, 97K)

Just stop faggot, you're replying to multiple people.

>s e e t h i n g

I was referring to those episodes everyone remembers TAS for and points to when discussing it's high points. Perchance to Dream, Heart of Ice, Two-Face, Mad As A Hatter, Feat of Clay part 2, Beware The Gray Ghost and so on.
Dark Prince Charming so far is not up to that standard but to me it feels like it's not trying to be, but instead it's telling a simple, heartfelt story of Batman trying to save someone.
If I had to draw a specific comparison it would be "See No Evil", a very solid and enjoyable episode that isn't on the same level as the high points of the show but is still very good nonetheless and takes Batman into a slightly different position.

Attached: SNE_41_-_Lloyd_and_Kimmy.jpg (540x405, 23K)

>you didn't even post something from the golden age.

You are such a dumb casual, it's from detective comics 31. You are thinking of Batman and the mad monk a mini from the mid 2000