Jacob Cook
Jacob Cook

Who did it better?

Attached: mmo.jpg (134 KB, 512x647)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vCALGkIENU

Jose Jones
Jose Jones

Make Love, Not Warcraft was a huge episode for South Park. It not only revived interest in the show for a lot of people, but it got people into WoW for the first time.

Isaiah Reed
Isaiah Reed

South Park, it's not even a debate really. Make Love Not Warcraft is probably the greatest and most accurate lampooning of vidya in television.

Landon Sanchez
Landon Sanchez

South park at least had the actual game in there.

Ryder Davis
Ryder Davis

Also, funnily enough, Make Love, Not Warcraft caused Trey to have a nervous breakdown before it aired, because he was convinced it was the worst episode he had ever made and was going to destroy the series. He begged Comedy Central not to air it. He was extremely surprised when it turned out the episode was a massive success and actually boosted the show's popularity.

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

I wonder if that success is what made them give SP videogames another chance with the Stick of Truth.

Levi Gonzalez
Levi Gonzalez

Like how the boys are able to level up by killing fucking boars?

Michael Cox
Michael Cox

You could have never seen a single episode of South Park in your life and Make Love, Not Warcraft would still be amazing.

John Davis
John Davis

there was a guy a month o ago that went 1-60 killing only boars, streamed the whole thing too

Jaxson Perry
Jaxson Perry

That's because they made it so the older zones scale at your level, but you couldn't do that beforehand.

Carter Flores
Carter Flores

It was more or less the episode that made me a fan.

Lucas Cook
Lucas Cook

Even as someone who does not play or even like WoW, "Make Love, Not Warcraft" is a work of art.

Mason Collins
Mason Collins

South Park, of course.

Was it only show without perma-death in mmorpg episode?

Cooper Harris
Cooper Harris

most accurate
human guy can go around killing Alliance people even in a PvP server (not even going to mention that he was naked since that was the joke anyway)
no Horde
grinding boars

Austin Cooper
Austin Cooper

the greatest and most accurate lampooning of vidya in television.
That is pic related

Attached: Oregon-Trail-Title-Card.png (1.35 MB, 1920x1080)

Connor Nelson
Connor Nelson

LIVE TO WIN
TILL YOU DIE
TILL THE LIGHT DIES IN YOUR EYES

Elijah Price
Elijah Price

south park because it's based on a true story

Jonathan Young
Jonathan Young

I believe you could tho back in vanilla even lvl 1 mobs guaranteed 1 xp no matter your lvl. I could be remembering it wrong tho.

Ryder Allen
Ryder Allen

The American dad one was better than the Simpson's but not as good as south park

Cooper Gray
Cooper Gray

Zombie Simpsons
You really have to ask?

Jaxson Jones
Jaxson Jones

The best was the Mission Hill episode where Kevin sells Toby to a slave trader

Eli Green
Eli Green

What season was that?

Lucas Murphy
Lucas Murphy

Family Guy :^)

Attached: Seth-does-it-again-baybee.jpg (599 KB, 1280x1440)

Xavier Carter
Xavier Carter

This, but unironically.

Parker Brown
Parker Brown

That Simpsons episode pissed me off. Marge starts acting like a cunt because Bart somehow permanently killed off her character? Fuck off

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

Didn't some dude make it all the way to 90 without leaving the Pandaren starting zone?

Joshua Harris
Joshua Harris

I hate this artstyle

Justin Cook
Justin Cook

Except for the fact that there wasn't a single Horde player the entire time. The plot line made it out to be this huge problem with a single player wiping out everyone, but we never saw the Horde side getting trashed, and it would have made a neat finale to have some of the boys playing Horde team up with the Alliance boys.

Grayson Murphy
Grayson Murphy

She was acting ike a cunt because she thought he killed her in a game which was too disrespectful/heartless for her to take in good humor.

Jacob Carter
Jacob Carter

He doesn't mean in portraying that particular game. He means in portraying the scene and vibe of such games.

Aiden Bennett
Aiden Bennett

Yeah, but the rivalry between factions is a big part of WoW and other games of its kind.

Joshua Martinez
Joshua Martinez

He killed her accidentally, and he was getting annoyed by her constantly meddling with him in-game.

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

They were always sorta superficial I mean BC lets you swap to a different arbitrary two.

James Taylor
James Taylor

the horde being involved didn't matter since the kids were playing alliance and didn't really leave the alliance zones.

Ryder Garcia
Ryder Garcia

Make Love Not Warcraft was actually funny, so it wins.

I barely remember a single line from that Simpsons episode.

Camden Hernandez
Camden Hernandez

Grinding boars is actually going to be easier than ever now due to the level scale in old areas.

Christopher Harris
Christopher Harris

Chequed

Christian Williams
Christian Williams

I remember when Marge starts walking into a wall, because that was the only legitimate video game joke in the whole episode, the game itself was more like a fantasy Second Life than WoW or Runescape or whatever.

Yeah, but I feel like not having them be divided between Alliance and Horde was a missed opportunity.

Nathan Murphy
Nathan Murphy

There's a guy that got max level in a starting zone only

Ryan Gomez
Ryan Gomez

yes and then to 100. Not sure if he went for 110. He did it because herbing gave some exp.

Matthew Cox
Matthew Cox

He did go for 110

And people are copying him

Grayson Brown
Grayson Brown

See and The game has changed since then. You can get exp from professions and the leveling revamp from the latest patch makes it so you can stay in a zone as long as you want, at least for several levels.

Henry Morgan
Henry Morgan

3/4 view is forced
no exceptions
fucking cancer

Bentley Sanchez
Bentley Sanchez

Needs more goat soul
Really though, the show went for pretty low hanging fruit as far as video game jokes go.
Oh, this fantasy elf is scantily clad. Obviously designed by a man
Old Man burns is old he can't into vidya
Hello Kitty expansion pack
Though I'm rather fond of Moe's line
He once beat me to death with my own life bar!

Aaron Gonzalez
Aaron Gonzalez

Hello Kitty expansion pack
Would that be Simpson making a reference to the South park episode

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

Truth. A startling example of how Cartoon Network just lets that show do whatever it fucking wants.

Alexander Ortiz
Alexander Ortiz

Do they have a scene where they kill 2,000 lbs. worth of bison but can only carry 100lbs worth back to their wagon?

Oliver Diaz
Oliver Diaz

Yes it did.

Aiden Wilson
Aiden Wilson

Clarence did the premise better than Simpsons even though they hardly showed the game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720)

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

Those character options really boil my piss.
No gender selection
No place to name your character
Shoes in one bar the rest of the clothing is in another bar

Brayden Cruz
Brayden Cruz

There's some MMOs where you choose presets instead of creating a character, but doubt that's what they were going for.

Elijah Miller
Elijah Miller

Attached: d2fcebdf-1923-4b9a-8f42-1a82d79c7700.png (307 KB, 549x573)

Jacob Allen
Jacob Allen

South park did a joke about that, when Butters' character looks exactly like Cartman's

Dominic Evans
Dominic Evans

South Park, without question.

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

wasn't marge's avatar originally super sexy and then she makes it boring?

Jeremiah Morris
Jeremiah Morris

South Park wins in comparison to any other show because of the extra effort by using the actual game models and animating them to the characters talking.

Landon Price
Landon Price

Attached: giphy.gif (545 KB, 480x270)

Oliver Anderson
Oliver Anderson

South Park. At least make a debate WORTHY of a debate, OP.

I bet half of these players are Koreans

Gets me every time.

Jordan Jenkins
Jordan Jenkins

Belson's mom is fucking stacked.

Ayden Rivera
Ayden Rivera

Her buns are nice too

Attached: Screenshot-(714).png (616 KB, 1366x768)

Logan Torres
Logan Torres

Watching the episode again (South Park, not Zimpsons). There's actually a lot of references to the lore and geography of the game, and there's even a few Diablo II and Warcraft III posters around in Blizz's office. They even give an explanation as to why the guy can go around killing Alliance players, so I'm not sure why there's some other weird inaccuracies (like when they say they're going to ambush the griefer in Elwynn and go to Westfall instead), although I guess glossing over the Horde was because they didn't have enough time to set up a rivalry among the kids before they're forced to team up.

Attached: JimmyAndTimmyInWOW.jpg (28 KB, 393x250)

Juan Davis
Juan Davis

All this talk makes me wanna ask, what was your first Race/Class when you started? Mine was a Tauren Paladin.

Nathaniel Collins
Nathaniel Collins

Nelf rogue, which ironically was because I was a dumbass since all my friends were playing Horde. Then I made an undead rogue, that was my first real character. Both of them are still around, to my surprise.

Attached: And-yes,-he's-still-wearing-the-shitty-set-I-left-him-with.jpg (65 KB, 362x695)

Carson Hall
Carson Hall

Human warrior. I'm boring.

James Murphy
James Murphy

Tauren Paladin
So you started 2 years ago?
Tauren Druid for me. I still main her.

Jackson Perez
Jackson Perez

Its great that it clearly wasn't a cheap advertisement for the game like obviously is. It was standalone a good episode in earnest even knowing nothing about the game.

Also Mission Hill did the best MMO episode, and in the 90's no less.

Camden Edwards
Camden Edwards

Human Warrior since vanilla

Attached: Goblin-Slayer.png (1.7 MB, 960x1233)

James Ortiz
James Ortiz

South Park
American Dad
Simpsons

In terms of MMO parodies

God damn do I want a seroes with that animation team from the old AD guys

Attached: CifKfXrWUAAPPud.jpg (52 KB, 350x525)

Evan Bennett
Evan Bennett

youtube.com/watch?v=5vCALGkIENU
We lost Clyde!

Joseph Campbell
Joseph Campbell

Gnome, because I'm an asshole, and Rogue, because I'm a double asshole.

Nicholas Bennett
Nicholas Bennett

Stan somehow has Frostwolf Battle Tabard as Alliance
Kenny is a human hunter in vanilla

Ayden Ramirez
Ayden Ramirez

Belf mage, started in the middle of BC and still my main.

Evan King
Evan King

American Dad.

James Kelly
James Kelly

Bloodelf Hunter, don't think iv really had any other main bow that I think of it.

Levi Powell
Levi Powell

This is why Teen Titans deserves a movie.

Attached: 61YSJZCWX6L.jpg (74 KB, 413x500)

Charles Sullivan
Charles Sullivan

leeroy jenkins
Damn, way to be ten years out of date.

Attached: tom2.jpg (144 KB, 847x868)

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

Nelf Huntard

Nathan Fisher
Nathan Fisher

Simpsons was pretty late to the "Make fun of MMOs thing in the first place. But it was clearly made by a group of people that have no fucking clue what goes on in a MMO. Like not even an intern on the show had played it from the looks of things.

Eli Brown
Eli Brown

And broken legs with dysentery

William Collins
William Collins

South Park by miles, at least it shows some knowledge of the topic (probably largely thanks to collaborating with Blizzard), but it's still overrated to hell because muh nerd culture is being acknowledged by grownups.
It's an average episode in terms of writing and machinima-ing with the WoW engine didn't deserve an Emmy in and of itself.

Noah Ramirez
Noah Ramirez

Tauren Paladin.
starting in Cata or later
anyway Dwarf Paladin

Attached: 1445312507495.jpg (25 KB, 624x448)

John Ortiz
John Ortiz

That's WoW as a whole.

Leo Martinez
Leo Martinez

Never said I was a long time player, but I did pay attention to the game and it's growth from time to time.
But thanks for sharing dudes, noticed that there's no love for Orcs here at the moment.

Attached: tauren-paladin-by-loasttoast-dbent2u.png (2.08 MB, 1024x1296)

Asher Parker
Asher Parker

It's like you guys don't know what Pure Autism can accomplish

Attached: disdain-for-dick-tree.png (708 KB, 514x3130)

Kayden Rogers
Kayden Rogers

Night-elf Mohawk

Thomas Morales
Thomas Morales

There is a dude who has leveled to 110 by just staying on Pandaria killing a certain kind if mob.

Dominic Carter
Dominic Carter

not killing mobs but just mining and picking herbs and it was the panda starting zone before picking a faction

Aiden Gonzalez
Aiden Gonzalez

I do it to express my hatred, and more importantly, my disdain for Dick Tree
It is because nothing has meaning unto itself that we are free to create meaning and in doing so, reflect ourselves on the world.
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read

Logan Murphy
Logan Murphy

Never played it. I was at boarding school or living in a place with crappy internet so I could never download the free trial and get it running.

Adrian Cruz
Adrian Cruz

Human fire Mage, 1.0, still kicking around even after all the buffs and nerfs

Sebastian Barnes
Sebastian Barnes

Reminder that Pandaria is the best expansion and fem pandas are the best girls

Attached: Panda.png (728 KB, 666x800)

Joseph Diaz
Joseph Diaz

airs on april fools
look up episode airing on april fools
episode description does not mention world of warcraft

It will be a five second joke about nerds playing games because seth has never been aware of this game existing until someone paid fox to throw it into their show

Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell

Seth doesn't write the show.

David Campbell
David Campbell

preposterous. Next you're gonna tell me that mark zuckerberg doesn't personally read every single one of private messages on facebook

Eli Brooks
Eli Brooks

Never played. It made a few years in my late teens early twenties a little socially stunted when everyone got obsessed and in the period after wow peaked for them and they went hoping from mmo to mmo trying to catch that dragon.

I played eve-online for way to long as well.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit