Who did it better?

Who did it better?

Attached: mmo.jpg (512x647, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vCALGkIENU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make Love, Not Warcraft was a huge episode for South Park. It not only revived interest in the show for a lot of people, but it got people into WoW for the first time.

South Park, it's not even a debate really. Make Love Not Warcraft is probably the greatest and most accurate lampooning of vidya in television.

South park at least had the actual game in there.

Also, funnily enough, Make Love, Not Warcraft caused Trey to have a nervous breakdown before it aired, because he was convinced it was the worst episode he had ever made and was going to destroy the series. He begged Comedy Central not to air it. He was extremely surprised when it turned out the episode was a massive success and actually boosted the show's popularity.

I wonder if that success is what made them give SP videogames another chance with the Stick of Truth.

Like how the boys are able to level up by killing fucking boars?

You could have never seen a single episode of South Park in your life and Make Love, Not Warcraft would still be amazing.

there was a guy a month o ago that went 1-60 killing only boars, streamed the whole thing too

That's because they made it so the older zones scale at your level, but you couldn't do that beforehand.

It was more or less the episode that made me a fan.

Even as someone who does not play or even like WoW, "Make Love, Not Warcraft" is a work of art.

South Park, of course.

Was it only show without perma-death in mmorpg episode?

>most accurate
>human guy can go around killing Alliance people even in a PvP server (not even going to mention that he was naked since that was the joke anyway)
>no Horde
>grinding boars

>the greatest and most accurate lampooning of vidya in television.
That is pic related

Attached: Oregon_Trail_Title_Card.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

>LIVE TO WIN
>TILL YOU DIE
>TILL THE LIGHT DIES IN YOUR EYES

south park because it's based on a true story

I believe you could tho back in vanilla even lvl 1 mobs guaranteed 1 xp no matter your lvl. I could be remembering it wrong tho.

The American dad one was better than the Simpson's but not as good as south park

>Zombie Simpsons
You really have to ask?

The best was the Mission Hill episode where Kevin sells Toby to a slave trader

What season was that?

Family Guy :^)

Attached: Seth does it again baybee.jpg (1280x1440, 599K)

This, but unironically.

That Simpsons episode pissed me off. Marge starts acting like a cunt because Bart somehow permanently killed off her character? Fuck off

Didn't some dude make it all the way to 90 without leaving the Pandaren starting zone?

I hate this artstyle

Except for the fact that there wasn't a single Horde player the entire time. The plot line made it out to be this huge problem with a single player wiping out everyone, but we never saw the Horde side getting trashed, and it would have made a neat finale to have some of the boys playing Horde team up with the Alliance boys.

She was acting ike a cunt because she thought he killed her in a game which was too disrespectful/heartless for her to take in good humor.

He doesn't mean in portraying that particular game. He means in portraying the scene and vibe of such games.

Yeah, but the rivalry between factions is a big part of WoW and other games of its kind.

He killed her accidentally, and he was getting annoyed by her constantly meddling with him in-game.

They were always sorta superficial I mean BC lets you swap to a different arbitrary two.

the horde being involved didn't matter since the kids were playing alliance and didn't really leave the alliance zones.

Make Love Not Warcraft was actually funny, so it wins.

I barely remember a single line from that Simpsons episode.

Grinding boars is actually going to be easier than ever now due to the level scale in old areas.

Chequed

I remember when Marge starts walking into a wall, because that was the only legitimate video game joke in the whole episode, the game itself was more like a fantasy Second Life than WoW or Runescape or whatever.

Yeah, but I feel like not having them be divided between Alliance and Horde was a missed opportunity.

There's a guy that got max level in a starting zone only

yes and then to 100. Not sure if he went for 110. He did it because herbing gave some exp.

He did go for 110

And people are copying him

See and The game has changed since then. You can get exp from professions and the leveling revamp from the latest patch makes it so you can stay in a zone as long as you want, at least for several levels.

> 3/4 view is forced
> no exceptions
fucking cancer

>Needs more goat soul
Really though, the show went for pretty low hanging fruit as far as video game jokes go.
>Oh, this fantasy elf is scantily clad. Obviously designed by a man
>Old Man burns is old he can't into vidya
>Hello Kitty expansion pack
Though I'm rather fond of Moe's line
>He once beat me to death with my own life bar!

>Hello Kitty expansion pack
Would that be Simpson making a reference to the South park episode

Truth. A startling example of how Cartoon Network just lets that show do whatever it fucking wants.

Do they have a scene where they kill 2,000 lbs. worth of bison but can only carry 100lbs worth back to their wagon?

Yes it did.

Clarence did the premise better than Simpsons even though they hardly showed the game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Those character options really boil my piss.
>No gender selection
>No place to name your character
>Shoes in one bar the rest of the clothing is in another bar

There's some MMOs where you choose presets instead of creating a character, but doubt that's what they were going for.

Attached: d2fcebdf-1923-4b9a-8f42-1a82d79c7700.png (549x573, 307K)

South park did a joke about that, when Butters' character looks exactly like Cartman's

South Park, without question.

wasn't marge's avatar originally super sexy and then she makes it boring?

South Park wins in comparison to any other show because of the extra effort by using the actual game models and animating them to the characters talking.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 545K)

South Park. At least make a debate WORTHY of a debate, OP.

>I bet half of these players are Koreans

Gets me every time.

Belson's mom is fucking stacked.

Her buns are nice too

Attached: Screenshot_(714).png (1366x768, 616K)

Watching the episode again (South Park, not Zimpsons). There's actually a lot of references to the lore and geography of the game, and there's even a few Diablo II and Warcraft III posters around in Blizz's office. They even give an explanation as to why the guy can go around killing Alliance players, so I'm not sure why there's some other weird inaccuracies (like when they say they're going to ambush the griefer in Elwynn and go to Westfall instead), although I guess glossing over the Horde was because they didn't have enough time to set up a rivalry among the kids before they're forced to team up.

Attached: JimmyAndTimmyInWOW.jpg (393x250, 28K)

All this talk makes me wanna ask, what was your first Race/Class when you started? Mine was a Tauren Paladin.

Nelf rogue, which ironically was because I was a dumbass since all my friends were playing Horde. Then I made an undead rogue, that was my first real character. Both of them are still around, to my surprise.

Attached: And yes, he's still wearing the shitty set I left him with.jpg (362x695, 65K)

Human warrior. I'm boring.

>Tauren Paladin
So you started 2 years ago?
Tauren Druid for me. I still main her.

Its great that it clearly wasn't a cheap advertisement for the game like obviously is. It was standalone a good episode in earnest even knowing nothing about the game.

Also Mission Hill did the best MMO episode, and in the 90's no less.

Human Warrior since vanilla

Attached: Goblin Slayer.png (960x1233, 1.7M)

>South Park
>American Dad
>Simpsons

In terms of MMO parodies

God damn do I want a seroes with that animation team from the old AD guys

Attached: CifKfXrWUAAPPud.jpg (350x525, 52K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5vCALGkIENU
>We lost Clyde!

Gnome, because I'm an asshole, and Rogue, because I'm a double asshole.

>Stan somehow has Frostwolf Battle Tabard as Alliance
>Kenny is a human hunter in vanilla

Belf mage, started in the middle of BC and still my main.

American Dad.

Bloodelf Hunter, don't think iv really had any other main bow that I think of it.

This is why Teen Titans deserves a movie.

Attached: 61YSJZCWX6L.jpg (413x500, 74K)

>leeroy jenkins
Damn, way to be ten years out of date.

Attached: tom2.jpg (847x868, 144K)

Nelf Huntard

Simpsons was pretty late to the "Make fun of MMOs thing in the first place. But it was clearly made by a group of people that have no fucking clue what goes on in a MMO. Like not even an intern on the show had played it from the looks of things.

And broken legs with dysentery

South Park by miles, at least it shows some knowledge of the topic (probably largely thanks to collaborating with Blizzard), but it's still overrated to hell because muh nerd culture is being acknowledged by grownups.
It's an average episode in terms of writing and machinima-ing with the WoW engine didn't deserve an Emmy in and of itself.

>Tauren Paladin.
>starting in Cata or later
anyway Dwarf Paladin

Attached: 1445312507495.jpg (624x448, 25K)

That's WoW as a whole.

Never said I was a long time player, but I did pay attention to the game and it's growth from time to time.
But thanks for sharing dudes, noticed that there's no love for Orcs here at the moment.

Attached: tauren_paladin_by_loasttoast-dbent2u.png (1024x1296, 2.08M)

It's like you guys don't know what Pure Autism can accomplish

Attached: disdain for dick tree.png (514x3130, 708K)

Night-elf Mohawk

There is a dude who has leveled to 110 by just staying on Pandaria killing a certain kind if mob.

not killing mobs but just mining and picking herbs and it was the panda starting zone before picking a faction

>I do it to express my hatred, and more importantly, my disdain for Dick Tree
>It is because nothing has meaning unto itself that we are free to create meaning and in doing so, reflect ourselves on the world.
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read

Never played it. I was at boarding school or living in a place with crappy internet so I could never download the free trial and get it running.

Human fire Mage, 1.0, still kicking around even after all the buffs and nerfs

Reminder that Pandaria is the best expansion and fem pandas are the best girls

Attached: Panda.png (666x800, 728K)

>airs on april fools
>look up episode airing on april fools
>episode description does not mention world of warcraft

It will be a five second joke about nerds playing games because seth has never been aware of this game existing until someone paid fox to throw it into their show

Seth doesn't write the show.

preposterous. Next you're gonna tell me that mark zuckerberg doesn't personally read every single one of private messages on facebook

Never played. It made a few years in my late teens early twenties a little socially stunted when everyone got obsessed and in the period after wow peaked for them and they went hoping from mmo to mmo trying to catch that dragon.

I played eve-online for way to long as well.