Will he ever be able to escape the mess that is the Titans franchise?

Will he ever be able to escape the mess that is the Titans franchise?

Attached: Nightwing37.jpg (640x799, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/39220-snyder-aftermath-of-metal-and-lead-up-to-justice-league-necessitated-addition-of-no-justice.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well he's going to be on a JL team soon, but probably only temporarily like when he was Batman and during Grayson. Even Wally couldn't escape it in the long run.

What JL team? He isn't on any of the new JL teams in the No Justice event or the new JL series spinning out of it.

Is the artist that Filipino guy who drew the Wolverine origin story?

newsarama.com/39220-snyder-aftermath-of-metal-and-lead-up-to-justice-league-necessitated-addition-of-no-justice.html

>In No Justice, the heroes and villains who are trying to save the universe from Brainiac will split into various teams that are made up of unlikely teammates. Previously, DC had announced four teams to try to save the universe - Team Mystery, Team Entropy, Team Wonder, and Team Wisdom. But Snyder aid there are more than that, actually. "There’s an Earth squad that’s Amanda Waller and Nightwing," he said.

So he just becomes Flagg for a Hero Squad?

That isn't a JL team. Just the scraps that are left on Earth get thrown together for one team. They aren't even important enough to get a book or any promo art like the actual JL teams DC wants to promote.

maybe

decent chance they're going to launch an Outsiders book out of Tec so it could also be related

Any Nightwing story that isn't about his relationship with bruce/damian or about the hot chicks he bangs is utterly pointless.
This is a fact.

I think the correct question is: Will the Titans escape the mess that is Nightwing? Seriously, he ruinbs everything he's in.

Opinions can't be fact you dink

Attached: 1321144994484.jpg (247x365, 59K)

He deserves so much better. New costume and new status quo. Should be what Duke is supposed to be. Daytime happy go lucky hero in Gotham to contrast violent nighttime Bruce.

Also he should be the sort of Captain America of DC as the HUMAN superhero representative. Supes is an Alien, Ww a God, Batman an autist. Dick should be the face of human superheroics.

Isn't that what they did for the New 52? They erased Nightwing's connection to the Titans and had Tim start them in Lobdell's series and it was dreadful.

Grayson was good though not technically a "Nightwing" story

So this is what a Dickfag looks like. Mentally ill and with delusions.

That was basically the point of him ascending to Nightwing from Robin in the first place, an idealization of what you'd get if you blended Superman and Batman together.

Titan sucks ass, he should have just stayed in Gotham and knock up Babs.

N52 TT was a mess because of Lobdell.

Should have just continued what the Grayson series started but just have him in the Nightwing costume during it to appease those crazy Nightwing fans.

>arc where he's hanging out with Damian and doing Dickbats shit was fun
>arc where he's fucking Helena and doing spy shit is fun

>arcs where he's doing Bludhaven shit are boring

makes you think

No, the Titans TV show pretty much prevents him from being on any other team for a long, long time. Just accept the Titans are shit and move on. At least Starfire escaped the Titans with Cyborg.

>DickBabs

"no"

Wonder if they will actually have him do something outside of being a babysitter in the DCAMU. All he did in the new Batman and Teen Titans movies was babysitting Damian, being Kori's teenage daycare sidekick and getting his ass kicked.

Uh oh, Outsiders with Dick kind of sucked, but that could have been because of Winnick.

Just read Robin Year One and it was excellent. Ideal year one scenario, great Batman/Robin characterization and a genuinely scary Harvey Dent. Plus Pulido on top of his game, Dixon too.

Attached: 26A6CB2A-0AE4-44C5-97A4-C3ED4951AC85.jpg (1478x419, 116K)

It was $Free.99 on Hoopla btw, amazing, legal resource for runs/graphic novels/volumes

Attached: 71739B2B-8909-4C47-8E00-604ACB2C733F.jpg (1329x2048, 653K)

Attached: D47C5E10-016B-409E-A990-33F39725643A.png (1536x2048, 3.73M)

Attached: 2F6B8C51-60C1-4971-AE00-22AE99A55E16.jpg (1317x2048, 851K)

But muh nostalgia. Dickfans obsessed with Babs, Police work, and Bludhaven are the worse.

Attached: C8DCB6B4-7DFE-43A8-8404-6B6AF48A0B36.jpg (1330x2048, 850K)

I hate how they aged up Dick's Robin so much now. He was so good as a crazy 10 year old daredevil but now he didn't become Robin until he was like 15-16 and you lose that charm.

Same with muh Ttians and mhuh Starfire. Both factions are shit.

Nightwing Year One was much better.

10 is a little too outrageous imo. They said "early to mid teens" in Year One so I was thinking 12-15 which, 13ish would be ideal. Harvey's beating him was gnarly.

It's been years since I've read him: what other Dixon runs/stories are the very best bros?

Attached: 9651DF80-6386-48E5-A797-EB705ED72835.png (1536x2048, 2.24M)

Black Mirror is literally the best book he has ever had and it's not about either of those things.

>Nightwing Year One was much better.
The book that had Bruce being an over the top jerkass when he kicked Dick out of the cave?
You're joking right?

He was originally 8 when he became Robin. I think 10 is perfect as it falls between 8-12 and is the same age Damian was when he became Robin. So there is some symmetry.

It's not, it's waaay overrated. Gorgeous art and that's about it. Nothing else to it, plotting just average.

I get that, and agree that he could/should be that young in the original somewhat tame and light original Robin stories. So in hypertime original Robin was that young, like how Morrison had that cute flashback to him walking in on Batman and Batwoman making out, or if writers artists choose to depict the earlier days as lighter/cornier.

That said, a 10 year old orphan is too young for darker more brutal modern continuity. Getting beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat and put in traction, throwing himself off skyscrapers before securing a line, dealing with violent psychopaths and killers, over hokey silver agey villians, is just too young and irresponsible. 10 is a mental and emotional midget too. It worked for Damian bc he was aged up in his genetic manipulation and league training.

In all seriousness: what was good about it?

Dick was annoying, Bruce was such an asshole he fired Dick for saving people with the Titans and then tied Jason to a chair in the cave, Barbara was annoying, Jason was annoying, and Dixon forcing Dick/Babs was terrible since he was canonically wanting to be with Kory or already with Kory at this time. And McDaniel's art is an eyesore.

Supes and Alfred are the only things I've consider good in that book.

>like how Morrison had that cute flashback to him walking in on Batman and Batwoman making out
Those flashbacks issues might be my favorites in his run, or at least encapsulate everything I love about his run. It's so satisfying seeing 70 years of continuity laid out over two issues.
>Are we going to be Batman and Robin forever?

If not Black Mirror then what?
Grayson would have been GOAT if King/Seeley/Janin didn't leave on the final arc.
Batman & Robin is more about Damian than Dick.
Then you have the first 30ish issues of the Dixon Nightwing run.
What else is there? Nightwing Rebirth? Robin War? Judas Contract if you stretch the definition of a Dick Grayson solo book?

Robin's fade looks crisp af

This

That artist is one of DCs best now, he makes everyone look great

>Grayson would have been GOAT if King/Seeley/Janin didn't leave on the final arc
I'll forever be upset that we never got a proper ending to that. That final Spy Wars arc was going to be crazy. Checkmate, all those WildStorm characters, Spyral, ARGUS, fucking Frankenstein and SHADE! It pisses me off so much that it all went nowhere and King and Seeley dropped it to get ready for Rebirth.

Actually it was originally planned to be about 50-60 issues so they didn't even get half way through

Why they put him on the JL book.

And nw Dick is Nightwing again, in his blue suit, stuck in Bludhaven and being useless in the Titans. This is what his fans wanted and bitched about when Grayson was going on... I hope they are happy...

It was super smart of them both. They realized that the novelty of Dick being a poor man's James Bond was wearing off fast, so they decided to quit while they were ahead and coast off the good will they built up.

It wasn't wearing off, DC decided they wanted nostalgia since DCYou flopped like shit pancake so editorial made Dick go back

Even as a serious Dickfag, Grayson and B&R are far and away the best and most creative comics he's ever had

Dick's solo book should be everything Batman isn't allowed to be anymore: crazy, fun, less deadly serious, episodic. Basically all the things that Batman was in the time before Robin was written out of Gotham. THAT'S how you make him distinct, not by making him discount Daredevil

Seeley stayed on Nightwing and was forced to move him back to Bludhaven and do more Daredevil-lite stories despite Seeley saying he hated Bludhaven.

Devon Grayson pls

There never has been a Nightwing story that wasn't pointless.

Dick will be fine. Tim, however, will never escape.

Tim will always be better than Mary Sue Dick

boring garbage and you faggots love to blow him for it

>Dick is a Mary Sue
>Tim isn't

Attached: 1390884156525.jpg (467x349, 40K)

Titans could be good if DC didn't keep giving it to writers who want to retread old stories again and again and again and again and again.

Take Abnett's rebirth...
Donna has origin drama and an evil version comes to terrorize everyone she knows and loves. Again.
Roy has Cheshire drama and struggles with his addiction problems. Again.
Wally struggles for relevance under a writer that doesn't seem to know what to do with him and suddenly can't use his powers or it will kill him. Again.
Dick has to balance his loyalty to Batman's bullshit over his loyalty to the team and it causes a rift between him and his closest friends. Again.

I wish I could say something about Garth but he has no personality other than angry tank, so...

Attached: TTNS-SPEC-1.jpg (864x1311, 156K)