X-Men: Dark Phoenix

I've seen it. It's okay. Better than "Apocalypse". Third act is a bit of a mess, though. Seems like they're going to reshoot it, so ask me anything, I guess. See what they change in the end.

Attached: Dark Phoenix.jpg (1000x600, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-dark-phoenix-get-reshoots-as-simon-kinberg-tweaks-script-1097808
collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/#fox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They arent reshooting. From what ive heard everything went buttery smooth.

Why no Jubilee?

I swear i saw her in a set photo but it might of been a fan. Keep in mind there are a ton of characters thst havent been revealed.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-dark-phoenix-get-reshoots-as-simon-kinberg-tweaks-script-1097808

You've seen a movie that isn't releasing for another year?

They're reshooting. People are getting work from it. That's how you tell.

Why Jubilee at all? Dead series is dead.

She's in it for two seconds.

>You've seen a movie that isn't releasing for another year?

Yes, in a test screening.

Excuse me if I'm not excited for another Jean centered plot, OP. Personally I think the new cast sucks, especially Beast and Mystique. Now I'm not a company war faggot who thinks only Disney can do this shit, but I think FOX has done all they can with X-Men. About the only way I'd care is if we got Mister Sinister plot

Does Cyclops and Nightcrawler get some good moments?

Who dies?

That's fair.

Yeah. Cyclops is pretty much the main character even if they "Wolverine-fied" him a bit, and Nightcrawler/Storm/Quicksilver is the only source of levity.

The movie is DARK.

does pic related happen?
is Gladiator in the movie?
how much screentime does jlaw has?

Attached: 1505839172866.png (221x320, 148K)

Do planets get destroyed?

Is Lilandra really a Skrull now

Attached: unsure.png (481x491, 336K)

Just spoil the whole movie since you think its going to have a different ending

Are there really Skrulls or are they reshooting that to make them Shiar

Is JL a lot in the movie?

Frankly she wasnt that much in Apocalypse either but people hated the little time she had. She has to go.

Beast, pretty much everyone in Genosha, Jean sort of.

Sort of.

Nope.

Quite a bit. Same as "Apocalypse", I guess.

Nope.

But islands do.

Yes.

They're Skrulls in the cut I saw, but they are closer to the Ultimate version from "The Ultimates Vol. 1".

See above.

Shi'ar? Cameos from Deadpool? Starjammers aren't there neither? How is Lawrence?

>Yes.

Attached: outtahere.png (409x729, 399K)

>Shi'ar?
Nope.

>Cameos from Deadpool?
Nope. But the X-Men apparently appear in "Deadpool 2".

>Starjammers aren't there neither?
Nope. They don't really go cosmic.

>How is Lawrence?
Passable. Not making a lot of effort. At least she stays blue a little more.

Is the movie actually good? Or do you think it can be a good movie with a few reshots?

How buttblasted comic fags will be? I assume dark phoenix is nothing like the comics

Who is the villain?

>Is the movie actually good? Or do you think it can be a good movie with a few reshots?

I liked it, but there's room for improvement. Apparently they're reworking exactly the messiest part for me, which was the third act.

>How buttblasted comic fags will be?

Quite a bit. It strays from the comics considerably, it breaks continuity with the other movies again, it severely alters the Skrulls (who are kinda' superfluous in the end) and Professor X gets a plotline I didn't really like.

The Skrulls. Jessica Chastain is their queen, Lilandra, who is masquerading as a government agent.

What does wolver fied mean?

How's Cyclops the main character?

>that Jean
I won't watch it. I didn't watch apoc despite loving First Class and DoFP either. Now the Mouse owns it too there's no hope. I'll watch the next season of Legion if Mouse dick is kept out of it.

>They're Skrulls in the cut I saw, but they are closer to the Ultimate version from "The Ultimates Vol. 1"
So they are Chitauri. The same faggots in Avengers 1

>it breaks continuity with the other movies again
BASED

Explain how please so I can start tasting those brainlet tears

This whole movie sounds like a bad idea, and a shitty way to end FOX's X-Men. Don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm sick of the damn Phoenix

He's the rebel who follows his own rules and gets in people's faces about. Mystique and Beast are the straight-laced foils that Cyclops usually is to Wolverine in the comics, but Cyclops becomes more responsible in the end.

He's the one closest to Jean and more determined to save her, and the one that saves her soul in the end.

They're named Skrulls, but they don't shapeshift at will, stay in human form throughout and need to assimilate native DNA to take its form, which is all stuff I remember from "The Ultimates".

Well, for starters, Beast dies when he was alive in "Days of Future Past". The X-Men are celebrities when the world didn't know they existed in "X-Men". But most importantly, there's a fucking alien invasion in the 1990's that nobody bothered to address in the following future-set movies.

The Chitauri didn't shapeshift in the MCU though.

>it breaks continuity with the other movies again
Nice. I almost love how Fox plays it fast and loose with the continuity. Between the original 3, the Wolverine movies, this trilogy, Logan, and Deadpool; this continuity and timeline is tenuous at best.

Why not just call her Veranke then?

Why a dark phoenix story with no Wolverine

See, the brainletism already started. DoFP epilogue is not ending of this new timeline, but a unique ending for the old continuity.

New timeline is open ended and we have to see yet anything past Apocalypse timeline wise. Stuff could still happen in similar or different ways since time is a river, but X1-2-3- and dofp epilogue are not sequels to Apocalypse.

And idiots seriously want this clusterfuck of a time line in the MCU. Fresh start with a new cast is the best way to use them, but even then I wouldn't really want the X-Men in the MCU

The only thing I care about

Is TOAD in it?

this shit is getting reshoots.
The current state of movies, you are supposed to make money out of it, not loose with reshoots.

Also that's what they take for using a literal plateosaurus to play phoenix.

Alright. I'm probably forgetting or misremembering some stuff.

>The X-Men are celebrities for saving the world from Apocalypse.
>Xavier is happy they're finally proving to the world how good mutants can be, and keeps pushing the team to do more.
>Mystique thinks he's pushing everyone too far, specially Jean, who is trying to figure out her powers after manifesting the Phoenix against Apocalypse.
>Cyclops is hooking up with Jean, Mystique is hooking up with Beast and Quicksilver and Nightcrawler are both trying to hook up with Storm (funny gag where Xavier claims he doesn't allow romantic relationships between X-Men while cutting to everyone else hooking up).
>Magneto is now living in the island of Genosha, where he runs a safe haven for mutant outcasts, kinda' like his own school.
>Genosha is filled with mutant fugitives, and the government is scared Magneto might be building another army in secret.
>The X-Men are approached by Agent Smith (Jessica Chastain), an intelligence operative who needs their help to repair a malfunctioning space shuttle.
>Mystique doesn't trust Smith and doesn't think the team is ready, Xavier overrules her.
>The X-Men head into space, but their ship malfunctions and they almost die.
>Jean manifests the Phoenix again and saves everyone, but releases an energy surge that damages satellites or something.
>The government is angry and Xavier puts Jean on probation, which gets her angry.
>At Mystique's behest, Beast starts doing some investigative work about the shuttle malfunction and finds evidence of sabotage.
>Meanwhile, Smith meets with a cabal of government agents from agencies all over the world - They are shapeshifting aliens, the Skrulls, and are engineering a war to wipe out both humans and mutants, and awakening the Phoenix is part of their plan.

>Cyclops
>rebel who follows his own rules and gets in people's faces about it.

wut.

>He's the rebel who follows his own rules and gets in people's faces about.
Does he rebel for the sake of it (Wolverine) , or he does it to protect Jean from the government? (Cyclops)

The reshots will cost 10m and the movie is underbudget

where is the rest?

>Jean begins having nightmares and losing control of her powers. Xavier probes her mind during one of their sessions and sees alien stuff, but Jean senses him and violently pushes him out.
>Xavier is concerned with Jean's personality changes and doesn't want her out, but the kids sneak out to go to a nightclub, where they get into a brawl. Jean loses control, accidentally trashes the place, and the X-Men face public backlash.
>Agent Smith demands to run a psychiatric evaluation on Jean. Beast takes the opportunity to collect a sample of her DNA and finds out Smith is not human.
>Smith psychologically tortures Jean and causes the Phoenix to emerge again. Jean loses control and telekinetically trashes the X-Mansion. Beast gets impaled by a piece of debris and dies. Jean is horrified and flees.
>After Beast's funeral, Xavier and Mystique get into a fight. Smith wants Jean found and detained because she's dangerous, or all the X-Men will face consequences. Xavier begrudgingly complies.
>Jean goes to Genosha. Magneto shelters her. Xavier contacts him and demands he turn over Jean. Magneto says he won't betray his kind for mutants like Xavier is doing.

This shit needed to end with Logan

>Mystique finds Beast's research on the Skrulls and alerts Xavier.
>The government deploys a strike team to Genosha to capture Jean and the other refugees. They kill a mutant Jean had befriended.
>Xavier confronts Smith while the X-Men go to Genosha. His telepathy doesn't work on Skrulls, and Smith overpowers him.
>She reveals that her real name is Lilandra and that the Skrulls worship the Phoenix and want to unleash so they can conquer Earth in her wake. The Phoenix's physical form was destroyed in the past and she was reborn as Jean.
>The X-Men get to Genosha but it's already in ruins. They rescue Magneto, while Jean kills the strike team and goes on a rampage.
>Mystique rescues Xavier from Smith, who escapes and initiates their invasion. Skrulls across the world disable the defensive systems of the governments they have infiltrate and deploy their own fleet of spaceships to subjugate the planet.
>The Phoenix unleashes destruction in Washington while the X-Men protect civilians. Cyclops reaches out to Jean and convinces her to stop. Jean then rejoins the X-Men to fight the Skrulls.
>Xavier reverse-engineers Cerebro based on Beast's research and neutralizes the Skrulls worldwide, while Mystique fights Lilandra and manages to kill her.
>With her dying breath, Lilandra sets off a bomb that'll destroy the whole planet.
>Jean sacrifices herself to contain the blast and dies. The X-Men mourn her.
>The government blames the X-Men for everything and order their arrest. Xavier is forced to give up his dream of pacific co-existence to protect his students. The school is closed, and the X-Men go on the run, now as public enemies. Magneto sticks around this time.

The end.

>Beast has to be the sacrificial lamb instead of Blue JLaw
Why.

>The school is closed, and the X-Men go on the run, now as public enemies. Magneto sticks around this time.
Good setup for next movies. It was getting kinda old the school and Magneto tsundere antics. Its fine if he sticks. Hell, It would be great if he just becomes the X-men leader eventually.

What next movies? This shit is getting rebooted as soon as The Mouse deal is finalized

That deal is at least 5 years away assuming the government approves it. They can do 1 or 2 more. Dark Phoenix is still the first one in the new trilogy according to last month interviews.

I dont understand why kids think this shit is easy or fast like signing some papers work and handling a stack of money. Some people really think they could release the first disney xmen movies in 2 years, when its more like 5 years to finish logistics of the deal and another 2 years to make the movie.

Only people who have never read the comics and get all of their X-Men knowledge from the 90s cartoon and the 00s movies think Cyclops follows authority like a mindless drone.

cliche af third act, i'll bet there was a damn blue lazer too

>5 years
Source? Because to my knowledge it would only take until 2019 to get government approval

they dont have the rights to that character name

>With her dying breath, Lilandra sets off a bomb that'll destroy the whole planet.

Why didn't they just lead with that? What kinda shitty writing is this?

No surprise they're re-shooting it I guess.

But, MAN, this movie in general doesn't really sound all that good.

Jessica Chastain is certainly an interesting choice to replace Hugo Weaving.

>That deal is at least 5 years away
false
>assuming the government approves it.
There's zero basis for a monopoly/trust refusal.
>I dont understand why kids think this shit is easy or fast
Says the kid.
>when its more like 5 years to finish logistics of the deal
Baseless imaginary number.

realistically the deal will close around november this year or april 2019, but aspects or parts of it could be done at different times.

Bet you any money they're reshooting to edit out any mention of The Skrulls. That's Carol's bag now

There's really not a whole lot of complications to this deal. Disney assumes ownership of the film/television library. Shareholders get their shares. Various upcoming projects get delayed/cancelled/continue (studios do this all the time).

This MIGHT be complicated if it was Apples buying Oranges, but Disney is no stranger to this type of corporate move, and old hands at running a movie/television studio.

By now I assume most of the details have been hashed out. As for it creating an unstoppable threat, I think Disney and Fox combined put out maybe 20% of theatrically released films in 2017. Regulators don't get itchy unless you are dominating a market by over 60%.

I hate to admit it actually sounds pretty good, especially the set up at the end if Fox can get one more out on time. Only problem is more fucking Jlaw Mystique

To add to this, are there any noteworthy cameos on top of Toad and Ink apparently being back (I barely fucking remember Ink)

Hmm, reminds me a bit of Ultimate X-Men Volume 1.

>Good
How? Actually curious. Because I'm sick of Jean's shit, and the new cast isn't great

>and the new cast isn't great
This. Even Fox isn't too confident in them considering the movies are still so Magneto/Xavier/Mystique-centric.

cinema has been on decline and services like netlix, amazon ect. have been doing better. The way studios, distributiuon and theaters works disney will not hold a monopoly. Disney cannot own all 3. Theaters are still independent from disney and many do not put up with their BS involving higher percentages and longer showings. They tried this with Star wars recently and it back fired a bit on them. They wanted TLJ to be the widest released film ever and they did not hit that number. I think that shows disney does not control the market at all.

The main thing about DP is that it's delay isn't for emergency reshoots to fix major problems, it's normal scheduled reshoots, but actor schedules meant they came really late and would have pushed close to release, so they moved it to Feb to ensure there was no rush.

Feb's had big hits in recent year, it's not a dumping ground.

A shame the same isn't true for New Mutants.

At this point Fox Studios has to believe that X-Men is entirely meant to be a tale of the epic rivalry between Professor X and Magneto over the tortured soul of Wolverine and/or Mystique, and everyone else is extras.

How long until they come to Jackman's house in the middle of the night and "persuade" him to be in another movie?

So much for the perfect end that happened in days of futures past?

Sounds like they fucked it all up again

Seems like a more focused plot than X3 and Apocalypse, and I never expected this to be as good as the other four main films. Emphasis on Scott (shame Marsden never got a big role though), Genosha and Magneto not switching sides for the thousandth time. Having the team move away from the school is a nice change as well.

Fox found the thread and now the screener has been silenced.

That perfect end in Days of Future Past that took place six months before Xavier had a seizure and killed everyone in the school except Wolverine

Is it THAT much of a mess that they need to reshoot and release on February next year?

>Skrulls undercover for years in our governments
>Xavier cannot read an skrull mind
that's kind of a big plothole isn't it?

You can't have students in 2023 if there hasn't been a new mutant born since 2006. Those students are clearly between the age of 10 and 20 so they're born between 2003-2013. Logan and DOFP's 2023 ending are different timelines.

No.

Sources with knowledge of the situation tell us that Dark Phoenix had a test screening to see what was working and what wasn’t, and like most big budget films it needs some additional photography—this is standard procedure for blockbusters nowadays. But given the in-demand nature of this A-list cast, getting all the necessary cast members assembled for reshoots is no easy task. The earliest availability for everyone to return was August or September of this year, which would leave just a couple of months to complete necessary visual effects for the new scenes. That wasn’t enough time, and so Fox decided to push Dark Phoenix’s release date to February to give everyone the time necessary to complete the needed additional photography and post-production on said sequences. So the release date delay for this film is basically just an issue of scheduling.

New Mutants is a different matter, however. When the film was initially delayed, it was reported that Fox wanted to do some reshoots to make the movie scarier, even going so far as to add a new character. That still holds true, and while we hear the film tested well, it’s not “scary” enough. Director Josh Boone delivered a cut of the film that he was happy with, but Fox wants this movie to stand out as tonally distinct the same way Logan and Deadpool did.

The reshoots that the studio wants are now even more significant. We’re hearing that at least 50% of the movie may be reshot, and they’re adding one or two new characters who will be present throughout the entirety of the film—this isn’t simply adding a cameo. Moreover, Boone has been having some creative differences with the studio over the requested changes to the movie, so the reasons for the New Mutants delay are more complex than why Dark Phoenix is being pushed.

collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/#fox

That’s only a three month delay. New Mutants is the one I’m worried about, it’s delayed a year and a half after the original release date.

>Quite a bit.
Sweet

Attached: JLaw X-men.webm (1920x800, 2.98M)

but why Skrulls?

I'm concerned that this film takes place in the 90's and fights skrulls just a month before Captain Marvel fights skrulls in the 90's...

What kind of plot does Professor X have? Does it have anything to do with Genosha

That doesn't make a lick of sense considering the whole point of DOFP was to tie the two timelines together.

>Quite a bit. Same as "Apocalypse", I guess.
So is she ever seen in her naked-blue form, or is she covered up the entire time?

Last I heard it was rumored he becomes a complete asshole after getting on TIME Magazine or something