Final space

Sup Forums give me your most honest opinion on this show

I just watched the fist 2 episodes, and well i have really mixed feelings, those 2 first episodes were a nice introduction to the characters, i really like how despite being the same asshole protagonist that every "adult" cartoon has, Gary seems to deal with his loneliness by trying to make friends and he seems to really care about mooncake, i think that really makes him feel way more human than the pickle and the sad horse

But then why would they pick that artstyle with faces so similar to R&M and i am not sure if it has the same voice actor as bojack but it sounds really similar, Like i can see a ton of potential for the series but it is holding itself back by using the mediocre character design of another series

Attached: final space.jpg (1080x916, 143K)

I like it despite not knowing who Olan Rogers is

I have never seen the show, I only care about shipping the cat.

Quit shilling this, thank you.

i am not shilling, the show legit makes me uncomfortable with the voice acting and character design i have only seen 2 episodes for fuck sake for all i know the rest of it could be shit

There's some faggot that uses the same image every time to start these threads. I'll trust you but I'm sick of seeing it. The show is fucking boring.

Dropped it after the first few episodes. Sorry, I can't stand the protagonist at all. That voice pared with a completely unlikable character who only whines and screams. This isn't funny or entertaining to watch at all, so yeah no thanks.

Too bad to, since the rest of the series looked like it might be interesting to a small degree. The cat guy should have been the main character.

Shame that he's dead.
It gets better with each episode. The cringy jokes get toned down and it focuses more on the plot once the characters are established. It's even gotten some actual emotional scenes that it shockingly doesn't ruin with a joke. Episode six that came out this week has a dramatic moment that's really driven home by a long, devastating silence. With all this the serialization is the show's best point. It doesn't do problem of the week with hints of plot like most live action shows, every episode directly drives the story forward and reveals more.

Attached: 1522116744734.jpg (500x276, 21K)

I swear it’s cropped differently every time

I hate every character in this show. Especially the protagonist. It's like Rick and Morty, but with extra cancer.

i like it, despite its flaws. it be way better with a different and more unique art style.

Okay, Gary got major points for choosing bros before hoes.

Avocato could still have survived this.
Although I would totally expect him to return as a cyborg slave of the Lord Commander.

>Design: 4/10
It's the same low-detail designs we've seen for several years now. The characters look like something a 10-year-old cooked up in an afternoon complete with noodle-appendages, but no real consistent style to them so it's kind of all over the place. Same thing with the environment. The show does a caricature of what neurotypicals think of futuristic outer-space adventure should be hitting hard on the most cliche ideas.

>Animation: 8/10
Despite what I said about the design, the animation itself is very fluid. Re-use of frames is very limited (if there is any). The movement also help otherwise limited characters have better expression of their feelings and ideas.

>Story: 5/10
Still kind of in the middle of it. So far everything just seems trope after trope.

>Writing: 6/10
A few funny jokes here and there, but the writing for the Gary character is the worst offender here. He's is just incredibly dumb and allowing him to speak so much gets grating after only a few episodes.

It has growing pains and it take a bit to stomach Gary but it gets really awesome when episode 4 comes around. Episode 6 is a fucking emotional gut punch.

>Sup Forums give me your most honest opinion on this show
Sup Forums hates it.

Can this be the final thread for this trite pile of crap?
its furrybait/poorly animated/mediocrity/trying to be rick and mordy

>Most people in the thread have positive things to say
>The extreme negative posts seem like they are written by the same one or two people based in writing simuliarities
>"/co hates it"

The absolute state of this board.

>says it's trying to be reddit and memey when it isn't
It's doing what Rick and Morty failed to do, and it's doing it right.

The woman is a huge bitch

Cartoons are pretty difficult to make. I think this has potential and the animation is certainly adequate, but its pseudo-frantic story telling actually seems to achieve less than the laid-back Futurama style. It's certainly not on a conceptual level with early Rick and Morty.

Im really enjoying it.

Attached: tumblr_p5k9h70XEd1x1mveyo1_540.gif (540x300, 1.06M)

Episode 1: 6/10
Episode 2: 7/10
Episode 3: 7/10
Episode 4: 6/10
Episode 5: 6/10
Episode 6: 9/10

First couple of episodes were decent to meh, but the most recent one was awesome. On one hand, I hope this is indicitave of how the show will go. On the other hand Gary and Avocato's dynamic was the best part of the show and Quin and Gary's the worst, so I'm worried how the cat's death will effect the overall quality.

I like it.
The world needs more plot heavy adult animation.

I haven't seen all of it so far but none of the characters feel human in their interactions.

It'll be Gary and Little Cato replacing that dynamic to an extent now. I don't think Quinn will ever replace Avocato in that department.

These threads should be bannable already, its blatant shilling because a show this ugly and with no actual humor besides 3rd grade butt humor could not possibly have this many fans on here otherwise.

Mods, do your fucking job and ban faggots like OP here

Attached: 660CFD22-EFC8-4B1B-BBD5-736E65B378D3.jpg (350x301, 49K)

Is there anything more annoying than "SHIIIIIIILLL!!!!" posters?

>spoiler
i agree, i don't hate or love gary but he worked the best with avocato, it would be a shame if he doesn't come back

Why is Sup Forums so triggered by Mooncake posting?

It is slightly different from everything else on in that it's partly trying to do a serious serialized adult story and isn't aired primarily on [adult swim]. I like what they're trying to do but I'm not 100% on board with it.

there is a possibility that Avocato's death will tone down Gary and have him be a possible mentor to Little Cato.

The show is decent I suppose. The story is actually kinda interesting, though the characters.... not so much. If Gary would talk like 50% less, it would probably be better. It's better than Rick and Morty.

ITT: We trigger Sup Forums

binged the whole thing last night, really enjoyed the watch, cant wait for ep 7, I get the comparison to r&m but i don't get how it's holding itself back by using it. I think it does pretty well with it and i hope to see a lot more from it in the future. the show not the art style

>laifu likes final space
Does your shit taste know any bounds? Can you hate one new cartoon for once?

Attached: 0AA31DDF-3D2D-4185-98EC-5142444F49DB.jpg (706x640, 78K)

>gives opinion of show
>compares it to rick and morty

Every damn time.

Why is it needed to hate a new cartoon on here?

People seemed to be enjoying it up until shitposters started spamming the threads,ill give summer camp island a try but its not something I would actively follow based on the premise, I like to give shows a fair chance, and if I enjoy something the Sup Forums hivemind hates so be it would be retarded to bend my likes and enjoyment of media to some force that ultimately has no effect on me.

Attached: 1505347928402.png (630x470, 124K)

>Episode 1: 6/10
>Episode 2: 7/10
>Episode 3: 7/10
>Episode 4: 8/10
>Episode 5: 5/10
>Episode 6: 9/10

I like it. But I see it as the american version of Red Dwarf.
The Galaxy One satellite repair ship = The mining ship Red Dwarf.
Gary, the Idiocracy of awesomeness = Lister the space bum.
Avacado the Kizinti mercenary = Cat, a lifeform who evolved from the ship's cat that the ship wasn't supped to have.
Hue = Holly, the AI with same IQ as 3 thousand P.E. teachers.
Kevin the annoyance robot = Rimmer the hologram meant to keep Lister focused through annoyance.
Lord Command and really David Tennant is wasted in that role, they could have thrown in anybody and told them to play a goblin = any number of monsters of the week.
Quinn the military chick = Christine Kachanski the technician.
The Sames- because all our robots are the same- Awesome = The Scutters.

(looks over posts) Wait, people are hating this show? Why? They loved Adventure Time, Futurama, The Tick, and a dozen other shows that were visually or story-wise similar. Stop playing at being tough guys and surrender to being entertained, you hate-steeped crybabies.

that 6 eyed retard ruins the fuking show

it could be so much better without it

Because this cartoon is objectively horrible and you are contributing to more shit like this coming out because you are a fucking retard for finding this funny
You are retarded anyways for liking such vapid and worthless tripe as this, fuck you for being everything wrong with modern animation you faggot.

he's only in the show for like two minutes tops

same dried up shit that gets chucked at anyone who likes shit someone doesn't like here, new material or take it up with a complaint slip and a paper shredder.

Attached: fredballz.png (329x280, 127K)

You are a fucking faggot who enjoys the same badly made cal arts off model shit because you are a ballless cuck with no standards and shit taste, i hope you are happy for ruining the industry with your awful likes.

Attached: 6qxljs2ngjg01.png (1280x720, 1.21M)

Didn’t expect them to actually do it

Gary is that annoying guy that comments how video game logic doesn’t apply irl and thinks he’s funny.
Avocatdo is my favorite but sometimes they over do his “coolness” which it’s annoying.
Mooncake is just there sometimes it reminds me of calumon from digimon 3.
Chick is annoying by far worse character, Jeff is just a character that exists so the rest of the cast roll their eyes look at the viewer with a smug face and say something like “everyone knows a Jeff right?”.
Besides of the shitty music on the background in that scene last episode was pretty nice.
5-6/10

Slowly becoming less shit over time. A lot of the comedy still isn't that great though.

>whines and screams

He is forgivable when you remember he spent five years alone with just robots for company, so him being unhinged can be attributed to that.

>AS had season 3 rick and morty episodes on until last night when it had the pilot episode on

The difference between season 3 and season 1 is so vast and jarring.

It's weird that everyone compares it to rick and morty, when I think of space cartoons I usually think of futurama.

He probably stopped by to see how his small, family owned restaurant was doing. It was owned by the Sanchez's.

Its because /co used to like R&M until it became too popular for them. I'm amazed at how many hipster faggots use this board.