Champions thread

I heard mark waid final issue came out today.

Attached: Whatever 4.jpg (550x846, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmlCAhrAWYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too little, too late.

What?

They Captain America'd Viv

You mean Tony stark'd?

You mean Batman'd?

For the writer change. Waid ruined Champions.

>was hoping for Marvel's take on PAD's YJ
>got Waid's Champions instead
The disappointment was too real.

How did it end?

>Waid ruined Champions
They lived up to the name of the team.
The Champions have always sucked.

Didn’t even have to be that. It could’ve been Marvel’s take on the Teen Titans but instead it was just the SJW brigade never even fighting real villains and bitching about the adults

I don't know, I was looking for a storytime.

The impressive thing about this comic is how everyone is out of character except Miles, he is amazingly just as bland as he is in his own comic.

ok want me to do it here or another thread?

I say here

No need to make a new thread

Might as well do it here instead of bumping another thread off the board for it.

she's been caught black handed

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.91M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Viv has nice boobs.

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.86M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-006.jpg (1988x3056, 2.07M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-007.jpg (1988x3056, 2M)

I have high hopes for the next writer.

Waid was the only reason Champions sucked, and the new guy said he looked at Marvel's past teen books like New Mutants for inspiration

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.99M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.74M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.95M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.66M)

The PIS is strong in the Champions this arc isn’t it? When they call the now human Viv, they get responses that seem in tune with when she was a synthezoid rather than how she had been acting since becoming human and they find her at the scene and instantly assume there’s something wrong with her and not Viv 2.0

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.82M)

Yeah it's super weird. Especially in . Like they JUST had Nova break down and say how he liked Viv the most out of everyone on the team because she didn't make him feel like an idiot. Then here, like an idiot, he immediately turns on her and suspects her. They all do.

The team relationships in this book have been very weak.

reminds me of that one whomp strip

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-015.jpg (1988x3056, 2.17M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.85M)

this is dumb but at least it's over

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.92M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

I feel like waid really wanted to hook them up

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.88M)

I blame waid and the general vagueness of the mission Kamala.

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-021.jpg (1988x3056, 2.05M)

I like how Viv's acting like she's being noble and helping her sister in some way, when she's really just jacking her sister's bod for herself.

What was even the point of this arc? Viv didn't die or permanently change, so all the drama from the crossover was pointless. Everything was undone, no one learned anything, and everyone but Viv and Vision look like assholes.

Honestly after this, so do I. It's cute.

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.54M)

Attached: Champions (2016-) 018-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.6M)

Marvel should just drop Bendis' shit characters.

>The champions wasn't built to punch super villains, and that's all we've been doing for a while now!

Then what the fuck is the point of even creating a SUPERHERO team you muppet?! Saving people and beating the bad guys. That is and always will be the top priority.

Attached: 1473826688419.gif (300x136, 104K)

Has Zub actually done anything to warrant excitement? His thunderbolts wasn't good.

Between this issue, and one of the earlier ones that focused on him, it feels like Waid just absolutely gets Cyclops, the old Cyclops, pre-Morrison, pre-Whedon, pre-'Rightclops', he understands him and how he thinks, but he's stuck in a book which has been otherwise terrible from the start.

>that Chulk face
Jesus.

>The Champions weren’t built to pinch villains and that’s all we’ve been doing for a long time now

No the fuck you haven’t. You teamed up with the Avengers against High Evolutionary and that was the only villain you’ve fought this whole series. And if she’s talking about Hydra, they barely did shit aside from follow Black Widow around kuz SJWing Hydra into submission wasn’t gonna work.

God what was the point of this human Viv plot point of it was just gonna reset back to status quo in the end? At least if it ended with her able to shift between forms it’d be something new and interesting but instead it wasn’t. Really seems true to form that any time something like this looks like it’s getting interesting they crap the bed and make me glad I stopped buying this shit after the first arc

I heard he did samurai jack comics.

>The team relationships in this book have been very weak.

Was there a bit of this comic that wasn't super weak sauce?

Vision really isn't consistent on this issue, sometimes he's happy with what he is, sometimes he isn't.

The point of the champions was to empower people so they beat their social woes, that's the main theme of the series. However it's realized in the dumbest, laziest way possible. Like Champions swooping in, beating some misoginistic muslim extremists, inspiring the women (unarmed) to fight back against the evil misoginistic terrorists (armed). This is but one example of many.

Their plan was to help the little guy: clean up damage left by hero battles, do small-time shit. Punching villains was part of it, yeah, but the main goal was to always focus more on working with the people they save to improve the world.

Which they almost never do anyway.

True, it's been a mess all over. But my favorite part of team books is the relationship between the members, and this book was light on it.

The only good stuff had to be from the issue where Cyclops went loopy and used his lasers to fly. That was fun, AND it ended up connecting to his character development.

I'll concede that.

This is totally an appropriate occasion for Tyke to tell his life story.

>The only good stuff had to be from the issue where Cyclops went loopy and used his lasers to fly. That was fun, AND it ended up connecting to his character development.
It's almost as if teenagers going on adventures or having general interactions is more entertaining than empowerment power fantasy drivel.
Nah, that can't be it.

I didn't hate this comic for once

>It's what she wants!
Up yours, Nadia. It's ethically questionable and potentially dangerous. It shouldn't be undertaken in a few minutes on the whim of a teenager.

I get Cyclops childhood anecdotes are a matter of utmost importance, but they could have at least keep walking and looking around for Viv instead just sitting on a rock doing nothing.

The funny part is that it feels like they pretty much abandoned that angle after a while.

>Viv just really didn't want to be brown

Maybe none of us is qualified to judge until we've been forced into a new body we neither like nor want.

And that's how EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO NORMAL

>Kamala lusting after a mutant infidel
double haram

18 issues in and this team is super bloated.

>Waid was the only reason Champions sucked
No. Ramos is a fucking trash artist.

The inability to color blood in this series is the most telling part of the hideous art.

I gotta wonder how people actually paying for this shit feel? This entire story arc about Viv was completely pointless as it all just went in a giant circle. Just like how the Champions apparently took nothing away from anything of their team-up with the Avengers except that them actually doing superhero things is wrong somehow. Why does this book continue to be a thing?

You know what was interesting. That team of super powered teens for hire. I'd like to follow them, as they move around pulling jobs. Sometimes as 'heroes' sometimes as 'villains'. But like everything else, Waid just made it boring and shit.

And it was all pointless! So many issues wasted on this! What was the point, Waid?!!

Tykemala is good

God, who knew Mark Waid of all people would write one of the best Cyclops One shots ever? You think editorial or his personal issues is what stopped him from going all in and just make Tykelops Vol 2 feat The Understudies?

Attached: ms_marvel_message_from_cyclops_by_jasontodd1fan-dbaxusw.jpg (916x873, 96K)

>They actually left all the legacies to rot on this containment book
Based Yoshida Sama. Watashi wa anata no shimo bede mo arimasu

If you guys didnt expect this to happen to Viv, you were being fucking dumb. There's no such thing as growth in capecomics. Heroes always return to the fundamentals they were created with, one way or another, eventually.

Spiderman returns to being a teen, or at least a job less down on his luck manchild, Batman's Villains always return to being Villains, Superman's powers return to normal, ect.

I love comics, but I fully expect most comics to just...stay the same.It's why I liked Invincible. It constantly gave the Status Quo a middle finger.

Rule34 of Vision and Viv when?

>Spiderman returns to being a teen, or at least a job less down on his luck manchild

Only happened because a literal manchild flipped the bird to most spider-man fans and created OMD

Rest in piss you boring, boring comic.

Two harams make a halal?

It's happened more often than you think.
You need to read Spiderman comics from before 1995. Writers were CONSTANTLY writing plots and drama where Spidey got a better job and lost it,like his tenure as a high school chemistry professor or had problems with MJ- heck, they even had an ongoing subplot where Mary Jane may or may have been unfaithful to Peter with this movie star dude that she was constantly skipping town to see.

Some weird years, the 80s.

We expected it ever since they revealed the new creative team for the book but a character is capable of returning to basics with a nuance that doesn't make everything a waste of time. Like, they could have returned her to that form while being able to shift between forms but instead went for the full reset. Hell this form was probably the best development to happen to Viv since it took away her ability to simply turn off her emotions and forced her to actually cope with the feeling of loss rather than taking the easy way out. With this, the Hell is the takeaway for her even supposed to be? And on top of that there's the creepy factor that, at this point she's literally wearing her brain dead 'sister's' body.

So like.. there's just a dead body on a helmet on the floor now?

Wait nevermind that ones panel's supposed to be her poofing I guess. How easy.

>when you like that human character
>when she is unceremoniously killed to bring back the precursor of Skynet
Lessons learned. Nothing really changes. Being a living breathing teenager sucks.

Attached: Cypher+Dead.jpg (1431x749, 201K)

>the comics wasn't just Nova, Ms Marvel, and Miles teaming up with older teen heros like Nu-Ghost Rider, Power Pack, and Some of heros from Aveners Academy. Then learning what it means to be a true hero or some shit like hat while having fun adventures.

I just wanted the comic to be like Nova's early run with him being mentored by other folk and shit.

Well, You better hope that Jim zub will make champions more interesting.

Did Viv have any powers in her “more evolved” body? It seems like a downgrade if she was turned into a baseline human.

Bruce Campbell?

Ramos is shit

What the fuck is this face?

Attached: 8E303FB3-9ACB-45E1-8AB3-3D4DE722DDDF.jpg (711x711, 155K)

she was completely human for some reason. zero powers.

youtube.com/watch?v=cmlCAhrAWYw