Origin story is a pretty alright thing about a mercenary who gets a change of heart...

>Origin story is a pretty alright thing about a mercenary who gets a change of heart, dies and is reborn (maybe) by a moon god
>within two pages after this he is suddenly a crime fighter, with multiple personality disorder, a millionaire and is lovers with the woman he saved
I don't think i've ever had whiplash from a character's first issue quite this hard before. Enjoying it so far though.

Moon Knight thread I guess

Attached: Moon Knight.png (771x1200, 1.61M)

Just started myself, picked up the bottom as my first, but i havent read it yet. Good choice?

Well Moony does rhyme with Loony.

A lot of that is thanks to Khonshu. Being blessed by him means good fortune, however being his champion and perceiving the god means you go a little insane

Attached: Moon Knight Wallpaper.jpg (1280x1909, 653K)

Moench had already written a ton of Moon Knight stories in other books establishing his status quo (Werewolf by Night, Marvel Spotilght, a backup in Hulk Magazine). The first issue just sort of dives back in to what was already going on.

If you know nothing about MK then it's not the best starting point. Read the Ellis run, then the 2 volumes after that. The Lemire run is a decent starting point too.

How do I get into moon knight? Should I start with Lemire?

nm,
thanks!

Favorite panel?

Attached: MK.jpg (1988x3056, 647K)

>with multiple personality disorder
Not really, in the original run he just has three secret identities instead of one.

His origin in his first issue is sort of a recap flashback. loony already had his status quo established via his appearances in other books.

Attached: 1463168362287.png (1988x3056, 2.9M)

Attached: LMoon Knight 24-12.jpg (1200x1738, 362K)

Best Moon Knight villain ever

Always figured Scarlett could become VERY successful if she ever found footing in The Punisher or Daredevil Netflix shows if they ever decide to bring her in.

Anyone got the Epic collections? Chances are the run from the 80s will never be collected again in trade format but I'm more curious about the quality of the art work than anything. I probably won't buy it if it looks cheaply put together.

....i'll admit it, i liked when moon knight dressed up as spiderman to beat up hookers while in LA

Attached: 1512095135430.jpg (653x1024, 158K)

I guess that was in the Bendis run,yes? Sounds like something he'd do. I've noticed it's actually back in print now, worth getting just for my Moon Knight collection or should I just forget it was ever written?

It was from the Warren Ellis run, fairly certain. Which was fantastic.

i feel like it's a little stronger then when he's in Mexico, though that does have the Punisher in a maid costume. it has some weak points like moon knight falling in love but it does highlight his insanity and making a fool out of Count Nefaria

Moon Knight needs more love

Attached: run moon.jpg (1200x1730, 405K)

>Punisher in a maid costume
What is this, Black Lagoon?

I agree.

Attached: sailor moon.jpg (495x331, 70K)

I've never seen paneling like this. Amazing.