METAL

After all the build up the Dark Knights got, this page is the last we see of them. What a let down

Attached: metall.jpg (1988x3056, 1.65M)

You know they're sticking around right?

We don't need to see more about them, we know about their origins and we know what they wanted.

And what they wanted would only have been possible if the bad guys won, so of course we are not going to see the ''end of their story'' since the end of their story means the end for the good guys.

They got a lot of ''screentime'' already.

>POWER OF FRIENDSHIP ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE!!!
This is why comics arent selling any more

I thought there were talks of some kind of on going for the Knights, or atleast that they will show up in the future elsewhere

I felt like it was more the power of heroes together with the reader

Nah. It's just why (you) don't like comics anymore. How 'bout you guy sperg out somewhere else hmm?

All of the Knights are going to be making recurring appearances, though for right now we only really know when the Batman Who Laughs will be making a resurgence

Attached: buffyseph.jpg (785x1129, 165K)

Metal wasn't a story, it was just endless references

Attached: 1522225740706.jpg (1988x3056, 1009K)

>though for right now we only really know when the Batman Who Laughs will be making a resurgence
And when will that be?

>Snyder
>ending a story without fucking it up

Immortal Men I believe.

Why did Drowned have to die, she was great also she had amazing bat tits

S I E M P R E
L A
V E R D A D

no, they didn't. I wanted to see some sort of conclusion to their stories, something what would change their mind and help them find a peace. Or at least see them dying in interesting way.

But instead we got nothing and DC used them to sell this shitty event in the first place.

>all roads lead to nothing

Where's the Cyborg one?

Am I the only one who wanted more Bryce? Punished female aqua Batman has a lot of potential

> I wanted to see some sort of conclusion to their stories, something what would change their mind and help them find a peace.
They were working for a being that desired to annihilate the entirety of the Multiverse and then some, user. I don't know what you were expecting really.

Attached: 1522226036677.jpg (1988x3056, 1.02M)

But Doomsday Batman did nothing wrong in his reality.

>what you were expecting really

Well, i expected it to be shit, with overpowered villains losing one final battle, despite winning in every other instance, just because.

What i was hoping for is that they will do something interesting with those evil bats, cause why would you create 7 special books with backstories for characters, only to forget about them later? But ok, you can't write anything interesting about them, why can't you at least kill them off in some "metal" way? I don't think Ares Batman even was in that last book.

And those characters were only reason why somebody, anybody would care about this event at all, cause what else? Barbatos? Hawkman? Nobody cares about them.

>What a let down

You were a fool to be excited about this series to begin with

I've never seen a pic where her tits were better than "fine".

I don't understand why the League is somehow fine with killing folks all of a sudden.

I'm more confused why does she call him Arthur all the sudden.

>ripping off Saint Seiya with half the flair and elegance
Bleh.

Nah, comparing Metal to Final Crisis or Secret Wars, they really gave a lot of screentime for every villain and they all went out with a bang. This isn't like manga where every jobber character gets 5 chapters of battle.

>cause what else? Barbatos? Hawkman? Nobody cares about them.
Comic book readers and buyers love Barbatos, sorry your first event didn't please you, secondary.

>entry-level shonenshit for mexicans
>elegance

>Comic book readers and buyers love Barbatos

WTF did Babatos even do in the comic? He's a completely superfuous, void of characterization high concept given a generic physical form that did jackshit and then was defeated with a handwave. And all Hawkman did was be revealed to have been turned into a giant monster who stood around with a hammer, then spent his screen time doing nothing until he remember who he really was and then, again, did nothing, and the epilogue just tells us he decided to write some stories while sleeping a lot on his bed.

>completely superfuous, void of characterization high concept
Metal in a nutshell.

>WTF did Babatos even do in the comic?
Literally everything you ADHD aspie.
>He's a completely superfuous, void of characterization high concept
All we knew about Barbatos before was that Darkseid captured him, now we know he's a former ethereal destroyer of worlds
>with a handwave
Power or love and friendship
>And all Hawkman did was be revealed to have been turned into a giant monster who stood around with a hammer, then spent his screen time doing nothing until he remember who he really was and then, again, did nothing
Again, you aspie fuck, Hawkman was turned into a ethereal destroyer of worlds, turned into a forger lifegiver and battled Barbatos to a standstill
>and the epilogue just tells us he decided to write some stories while sleeping a lot on his bed.
He got glimpses of the changes the JL made in the universe while they were connected to the cosmic matter making all of creation and in a moment of madness and prophecy wrote it all down

Congratulations, you're too illiterate for a Scott Snyder comic book.

Same but just for AquaBat titties

>Comic book readers and buyers love Barbato

Really? Why? Or why do you think so?

It's all completely superfluous shit told to you in exposition.

So superfluous you missed it, right.

So superfluous that nothing about it was ever entertaining or even interesting in the comic because all Snyder did was throw shit at the wall and go "look, references and over the top wacky ideas with no nuance, substance or character, isn't that METAL?!?!"

What's the point of putting nuance, substance or character into a story, when dummies like you can't even comprehend superfluous shit told to you in exposition?

>Power or love and friendship

So literally just a meaningless handwave that came out of nowhere.

How did the people on Hawkworld end up there? What happened with the giant gun pointed at Earth?
What happened with the Ancient Atlantean targeting machine under Atlantis?

Telling is not the same as showing.

Nice job TELLING people that fucking hypocrite.

Literally everything I posted was shown though, that's why you couldn't comprehend it.

Past the prologue they were after the World Forge for the whole story, and everything was set-up by Dream when he showed up, see also, the title of the book you're reading.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (141x124, 26K)

>How did the people on Hawkworld end up there?
What.
>What happened with the giant gun pointed at Earth?
They used it, bringing Earth down to the dark multiverse.
>What happened with the Ancient Atlantean targeting machine under Atlantis?
There was no targeting machine in Atlantic, just some hidden Nth Metal and evidence that Atlantis founders collaborated with the Tribe of Bat or whatever you call it, years back. Aquaman and Deathstroke got ambushed and captured getting that Metal.

Maybe you just skipped #5, or forgot because of the delay between 5 and 6.

>>How did the people on Hawkworld end up there?
>What.
You know, Hal, Terrific and Plastic Man went to Hawkworld where they met Starro and Martian Manhunter. This issue they are now on Earth somehow. How?

I thought evil bats bring them to the earth after using egg to shoot at earth's core.

Again, read or re-read 5. They were captured and brough back to teh now imploding/descending Earth; after splitting the JL/team up following different leads, pretty much everyone failed and got fucked up, besides Cyborg and Flash on the Thula.

night of the zodiac

Did all this happen off screen?

So did they even address the huge role Barbatos was shown having in Batman's origins in the finale or is that just going to be swept under the rug like it was just a bad dream and never happened
He was upstaged hard by The Batman who Lmaos and he was defeated so easily they even acknowledged it in universe and at the end we got absolutely no actual answer as to whether he was telling the truth, or how Bruce feels about this life-changing revelation, or anything, really. They didn't even give any indication that it was supposed to be up to interpretation.
I knew Metal was going to end in a big dumb unsatisfying climax but with how this story kept teasing and teasing Barbatos and using a lot of old Batman fan theories as well as the groundwork laid in Dark Knight Dark City and Morrison's run you'd think we'd get something, anything at all. It's like they just forgot what they were writing.

Attached: Barbatos_Lost_0001.jpg (1600x1230, 719K)

Nope. #5

What could you possibly want from that, outside of the nice closed loop of Batman Lost?

I simply can't read Metal as every page is visually offending to me.

something actually interesting and satisfying?

Re-read Batman Lost. You seem to have missed the point.

This is where I realized this was basically DC's equivalent of Fear Itself with Batman meets Forever Evil, only ten times more dumber because FI was a Cap/Thor crossover turned into a mega-event and Forever Evil had at least a simple and well structured story, where as this was from the start a giant mega-event and 90% of it consists of "bad guys succeed because that's the only way the plot can move forward. Plus here's some barely connected random shit happening in the background, like Gotham turning into a fantasy reality because swords and sorcery is METAL!!" and then everything is resolved in the end by a plot device, and nothing ever had any stakes.

no, i didn't.

Batman lost itself was pointless, cause in the end Batman was saved by evil supes, who stupidly wearing kryptonite glow and not by his own actions in that nightmare.

What was the point of Plastic Man being an egg again?

>the nice closed loop of Batman Lost
What closed loop are you talking about?
That story ended with Barbatos showing Bruce a lot of "truths" about his role behind his origin and Bruce giving in and not wanting to see any further, the same hopeless climax we got in every issue of Metal and the same fake-out we get in a lot of these "EVERYTHING YOU KNEW IS WRONG HERE IS THE REAL STORY BEHIND THINGS" stories Snyder loves to write.
And that's it?
Are they seriously not going to address this absolutely huge introduction to Batman's story and instead just leave it at that?
Are we just supposed to pretend this never happened and that years worth of speculation and mystery amount to a half-baked "Yes" that is never addressed again and might as well have never even happened?

>you just don't get it bruh it was too deep you missed the point
If you are gonna try and argue something like "you are supposed to ignore Barbatos because Batman's history isn't defined by him and he's been defeated" or "it's a mystery so it's not supposed to make sense" please don't waste both of our times with such a meaningless answer.
I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck is the deal with Barbatos in the end since they kept changing his background all the time and in the end they didn't seem to care enough to finishing writing it.

Attached: 1519197303653.jpg (540x444, 45K)

Yup, you did.

>huge role Barbatos was shown having in Batman's origins

Please, re-read Batman Lost. You don't have the reading skills to comprehend a DC event book.

You can either explain it yourself or just fuck off.

There will always be more Batmen. More Elseworld Batmen, Batman of the Future, more Batman of Legend, Batmen of Alternate timelines, Legacy Batmen, Bat-Sons and Bat-Daughters, Bat-Pets and Bat-Mites. Twisted Nega-Batmen and Bizarro-Batmen.

If WB and DC know one thing, it's that Batman equals monies. There's no point in whining about these Batmen.

Attached: Batcard.jpg (584x324, 38K)

Barbatos was infecting Batman's psyche with defeatist self-defeating Dark Multiverse fantasies, the long speech in the mirror by the end was just a repeat of the Hole In All Things from Morrison, which is true and essential to the Batman fantasy. What more do you want?

With "address the huge role Barbatos was shown having in Batman's origins ", do you mean you want the Hole In All Things nice little theme murdered and dissected in exposition, or would you rather have Batman time travel back to his Year One origin to a one man monologue against a dead bat, The Happening style?

What do you want explained, sweetie? I need legible questions if you want legible answers.

What do you want me to understand, sweetie?

Attached: 14935048600123.jpg (445x372, 63K)

What in the unholy fuck is this dumpster fire supposed to even be about.

Attached: 7Xmp6Kg.png (931x521, 547K)

"Fun."

The quotation marks are used ironically.

>Barbatos was infecting Batman's psyche with defeatist self-defeating Dark Multiverse fantasies,

Attached: 480443_425896790821649_229685430_n.jpg (385x351, 7K)

Elaborate. Please. I'm begging you.

Scott Synder continuing to ripoff Morrison and doing it worse.

All flash and no substance, pages and panel seemingly created to shared on reddit and twitter with comments like
>This is why I love comics
Or
>this is freaking awesome/badass

>the long speech in the mirror by the end was just a repeat of the Hole In All Things from Morrison, which is true and essential to the Batman fantasy
The Hole In All Things, like most things Grant Morrison does, is a simplistic concept masked in repetition of wordy lingo and fakedeep nonsense. It was a term Morrison used repeteadly to define literal and abstract personifications of evil (Darkseid and Hurt) that could always displace and affect the natural order of things, a.k.a evil in opposition of good. It's not even really a particularly abstract or open to interpretation concept, it's made pretty crystal clear and drilled into your head repeteadly.
And while I have no doubt Snyder clearly was trying as hard as possible to recreate Morrison's themes and etc in Metal, Barbatos as a concept is older than Metal and even Morrison's run. Barbatos stands in for something else entirely and even Morrison defined this clearly by setting up Hurt and Barbatos as different beings.

But you don't seem to be interested in discussing anything so let's not waste our time any longer.

Attached: 1518310109355.png (825x991, 932K)

This is the same audience that masturbated furiously for months to a page where Alt-Universe Alfred stomps Ridiculously-out-of-character Superman's ass.

Guess what user, I fucking hate injustice too 2 comics is for the exact same reason. Bless him but even Johns has a better batting average when to building payoff that actually contributes to the greater narrative.
He's truly the James Cameron of Comics except instead of deep solar exploration it's eating cereal and getting his neighbors on battlestar galactica

no, that was Milk Wars, which pulled this off brilliantly. Snyder is just a hack

>they all went out with a bang.
most of then went out off panel

there wasn't one, he could have come out at any time

These defenses of yet another wet fart ending from Snyder that amounted to absolutely fuck all except a literal advertisement for the next reboot are pretty hilarious. Keep them coming.

this is why manga sells better

It's "repeatedly", oh wise one.

The 2 on 1 fight between laughing batman, joker and normal batman was also too anticlimactic and short

I don't remember them showing laughing batman's origins, he was played up as being really important in this whole thing and then he just kind of fades into the background laughing as barbatos is defeated a few pages later

METAL was hot garbage that should’ve happened in the early 90s and died there. It’s a giant toy commercial written by a mentally handicapped subhuman Morrison wannabe.

Snyder should just quit his life while he’s ahead, same for his despot ‘fans’.

>The 2 on 1 fight between laughing batman, joker and normal batman was also too anticlimactic and short

Yeah, why would we want to see Barbatos, the big bad being built up all this time, actually go down fighting when we can have instead see Joker and Batman fight Bat-Joker for couple of pages in a mundane fight scene?