THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN (2018) Sneak Peek

youtube.com/watch?v=IEZkwraCDYY

thoughts Sup Forums?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.50.59 PM.png (1134x697, 740K)

Didnt they already do that one?

They already made this movie when they were putting more money and effort into making these movies. Adapt something worthwhile for fuck's sake. Give me a Hitman TV show on HBO or something.

They did. But this is set in the current DCAU. And its a 2 parter, 2nd part will be Reign of the Supermen.

Attached: 51jW1tN+62L._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 36K)

as long as it's more comic-accurate than the first one, I'm down.

I'm guessing if they don't drop the universe altogether, they'll use these two movies to get a Superman people actually like when he comes back to life.

Aw sweet Bibo is in this

Wow, fuck that then.

Current dc animated universe is trash, and we already did this shit

Looks cheap

>Making an animated adaptation of a shitty arc
yay...

it's shit just like everything DC makes

The absolute STATE of DC animation.

So when did this autist first show up? I can’t imagine anyone willingly being a company cuck but he’s here shitposting for Marvel in every DC thread.

They already made this movie. Twice.

>2nd part will be Reign of the Supermen.
At least Conner will be back by then

Unstoppable, huh? If the fucks I no longer give about Doomsday were a superpower they'd stop him dead in his tracks.
In fact the comic event would be called The Death of Doomsday and Jurgens would be holding his mangled body at the end.
Inb4 >doesn't that mean you'd also die at the end?
"Yes!" Of boredom.

Why not animate Conner, Gray, Palmotit's Power Girl books?

Attached: 2501524-power_girl_11_012.jpg (1281x2007, 394K)

For fuck's sake, pretty much every major Superman arc is better than his shitty death event, DC is only solidifying the notion that the main thing about Superman is that he died at some point.

>New 52 Superbro
>Kets are alive
Can they keep anything straight?

I was kind of hoping they would have Doomsday vs Justice League fight the comic had.

>using the DC event that almost killed comics

WEW

Why didn't they keep Sephiroth's VA? He was a legit great Superman.

Aren't Supes and WW a couple in this universe? They are teasing Lois as the love interest.

Samefag

>We got 2 fucking different movies about the same thing
>They didn't even had the lazily effort of doing the nu-52 death

>Call it Death of Superman
Writers pussy out and say he went into a healing coma. Change the name.

Attached: 95734674.png (683x385, 327K)

Healing Coma of Superman just doesn't roll off the tongue that well.

On a side note, this trailer does raise a question for me. Where were Wonder Woman and Batman when Doomsday killed Superman in the comic books? I know I've seen a page of Wonder Woman hugging a visibly shaken Batman that was watching monitors, but I don't know if that was during the whole fight or just a thing from after it all went down.

Again?

Will only watch if he stays dead and does not come back to life.

Neither of those two were on the Justice League at the time in the comic.

>terrible artstyle
>not using the JL that actually showed up to fight Doomsday
>no trunks
Trash. Should've gone full 90s

This was underrated.

Because nu-peej is trash

>>not using the JL that actually showed up to fight Doomsday
To be fair, they were kind of lame.

I would respect this movie more if it used the 90s Justice league roster.

They already made an adaptation of this shit years ago. It's just gonna be executed much worse now

>shitting on Blue & Gold, Fire & Ice, and Guy

He still voices Superman in videogames where they pretty much reuse the DCAU cast

>Talking shit about muh boy Bloodwynd
Sheeeiiit man I just think of you're gonna adapt a comic that you stick to the comic.

Wasn't it mostly the C-Tier heroes like Booster Gold who had to deal with that situation?

Why is DC obsessed with the Death of Superman? I know it was huge back when it happened, but surely they have other stories they could adapt instead? I mean, he just died and came back in live-action, are people really gonna watch him die in animated form, again?

>lame
You Had Booster Gold, Blue beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire, Ice, and Maxima.

And Bloodwynd who was Martian Manhunter at the time but later turned out to be a seperate character.

Attached: 1232319-bloodwynd.jpg (1121x1607, 498K)

Reminder we could've had a movie that actually adapted the original story's look but they chose to make it yet another N52 movie instead.

Attached: daros.jpg (852x460, 117K)

Won't this just lead into Rebirth animations now? 52 Superman dies, old Supes pops up. Done.

This is hands down the worst version of Superman ever. He's a total dick and I have no reason to care whether he lives or dies.

Or maybe they could just drop the whole "animated cinematic universe" thing but that would be non-retarded so I guess not.

Goddamn somebody needs to tell those korean slave animators that the nu52 is dead.

wait are these the guys who think "deathstroke" is actually a "good" name ("slade"-was a cooler name, Deathstroke sounds like an unironically edgy middle-schooler)

WHO THE FUCK is in charge of this shit heap? Whose responsible for this slow death of DC animation?

Deathstroke's not terrible but yeah Slade's cooler.

Did anyone else notice they're retconning cyborg to always be part of the justice league here too.

This makes no sense. Aren't they just supposed to adapt the historical event, not impose modern bullshit on it?

It's set in the animated New 52 universe, so yeah, Cyborg's a founding member.

>historical event

Bruh the fact that Wonder woman and Batman are in here and not Maxima and Blue Beetle already means they're imposing modern comic bullshit.

How new are you? Cyborg has been a founding member for some time now. Granted its kind of bullshit and premature for the character, but the way you're phrasing it makes it seem like you've been living under a rock

Where the fuck did Hawkman even come from? I don't remember him showing up in any of the previous movies.

Why does Doomsday have an Uncle Iroh beard?

>How new are you.
Other way around.

For me DC ended with flashpoint. Everything after is a fever dream of shit.

Look I'm not going to pretend DC hasn't done some stupid shit over the past few years, but stop being a big fucking baby and actually read some current shit. Events are dumb, who knew? There's actually some solo titles since then worth looking at

Well, what in your opinion is decent?

>stop being a big fucking baby and actually read some current shit.
What makes you think I haven't. How else do you form opinions? I started reading nu52 and it largely sucked, so I dropped out. I'm not going to keep reading shit just because it has DC printed on the front.

Rebirth, dumbass. And you didn't like New 52 Animal Man, Swamp Thing, or Aquaman? Fuck off.

Are we talking just the movies or in general.

If we're talking in general, then Cartoon Network, for killing literally every DC cartoon but Teen Titans Go.

That looks way worse though.

I bet you read Marble

>Superman ever. He's a total dick
How?

At least Teen Titans Go had a wider comic book reference base than Nu52.

>implying
It actually looks like the comic it was based on.

Attached: reign.jpg (853x458, 118K)

>Rebirth, dumbass
Did I stutter? I said new/nu52. I read some of that, and realized it was the new norm, so I jumped ship.

How new are you?

>marvel
Not anymore, I jumped shit from that after hickman's bullshit and their own soft reboot. Only idiots are company fanboys these days.

You just said New 52, don't start backpedaling now. You haven't read shit. If you want to talk shit on King's terrible Batman run, all power to you, but it sounds like you're a big fucking baby who's still mad about Flashpoint's horseshit and has written off the entire publisher since

>You just said New 52, don't start backpedaling now.
Not really sure what point you're making. I stopped reading after a bit of new/nu52. I don't think I've back peddled on anything.

>it sounds like you're a big fucking baby who's still mad about Flashpoint's horseshit and has written off the entire publisher since
If mostly swearing off the dc universe because the publisher threw away their entire continuity in 2011 to chase new readers makes me a baby to you user, then sure, call me whatever you want. I don't owe DC anything. If they don't entertain me, they don't get my money.

That's not to say I don't ever still check in now and then to see what bullshit they're up to, but in my opinion it's been largely disappointing.

>no collar

Attached: screen.png (1280x720, 445K)

Who cares? It looks worse.

Nope.

After BvS and SS but before WW, I think.

In the comic all the heavy hitters of the JL were MIA for one reason or another. Gonna be weird to see Flash, WW, Jordan, etc. getting stomped

It absolutely does. It looks incredibly flat and has barely any shadows.

So? Not all animation needs shadows. I think the use of flats makes it look pretty comic book-y.

>IT'S DOOM TIME!