Kid watches Tobey Maguire Spider-Man

>kid watches Tobey Maguire Spider-Man
>Wow, I love Spider-Man!
>years later, watches Spectacular Spider-Man or Andrew Garfield Spider-Man
>The hell? Why's his webbing now some weird glue he invented? Thought he could just shoot web!
Was this a thing? Did this happen?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Heh heh thought that too, for a while, probably because i knew so little about him before then, only with the animated series really.

Why don't you go ask Sup Forums?

No, if they "love Spider-Man" then they would read the comics and/or watch the cartoons.

Yes, that kid was me

The internet exists and you can just look that shit up. Ultimate Spider-man had mechanical webbing and everybody who enjoyed spider-man 1-2 and wanted to read a comic were recommended Ultimate and the b/w old school essential books.

A better question is why is Tobey spidey so autistic? I worshiped the original Spider-Man movie when I was 12-13 and knew every line. I just rewatched it again on hbo and I cringed at most of his human to human interactions. Especially the scene in your OP when he just walks away like a weirdo at the end.

The doc about the history of Spider-Man on the original second disk was god-tier at the time. I wouldn’t have started reading comics without it

Pic not related but it was a poster on my wall during that time period

Attached: AC3CD3EC-F315-4138-85DC-263CACB559C6.jpg (268x357, 26K)

Sucks for those idiots, did they also watch The Batman and assume Joker was always a baboon who does martial arts? 90s Spider-Man kids grew up on the Animated Series, which was superior, and even as a kid I knew they got shit wrong in that because I also had comic books.

>A better question is why is Tobey spidey so autistic?

I hate the modern trend of Peter having to be an autistic cringey pissbaby. He was better when his usual characterization was that he was just an asshole who happened to be into science.

>”Go Auschwebs!”
Jeez. A little too much.

Why were these movies so goddamn racist?

Was it just a different time?

Attached: 9568956.png (819x244, 51K)

Jesus Christ Raimi

Attached: 9568956.jpg (1315x463, 113K)

>kid watches Raimi Spider-man
>Wow, I love Spider-man!
>years later, watches Spectacular or Amazing Spider-man
>the hell, he's tolerant towards other, more inferior cultures? Thought he was the White Savior!
Sammy Boy really influenced an entire generation didn't he?

Was the opposite for me. Grew up on Spidey comics and the 90s cartoon, so when movie happened I was like, "What? No webshooters? Okay..."

I was also the black nerd in the family, which means I was the one who had to explain to my relatives what a Hal Jordan was when the Green Lantern movie came out and everyone thought GL got whitewashed.

Attached: jla651-610x457.jpg (610x457, 39K)

I thought he shot web by himself but I learned in this Spider-Man handbook in my classroom library that he doesn’t

It's ok, I understand if you felt Raimi's work was a little offensive.

Attached: 956.png (1285x268, 96K)

The only good Raimipost was Uncle Ben's Fuckhut rant. Every other one was unfunny Sup Forumsbait.

For a short time I thought webshooters used natural web.

Like he can't make it come out of the suit, so he ejaculates it for storage as ammo for a webshooter.

What about ben’s white man’s burden, or Osborn peeing on ants?
>le Sup Forumsbait

Yeah, Sup Forums doesn't know when to stop and just keep forcing it.

"Parker, go down and take shots of the rubble! Tomorrow's headlines: Sand Niggers play worlds biggest game of Jenga!"

Too soon, Raimi?

Attached: 1401470921794.jpg (570x315, 51K)

18 year old here
Can confirm that I saw people arguing about this in elementary and high school

Didn’t he steal web cartridges from Oscorp?

You know, I'm at the point where I have no idea what the fuck I prefer. Is it better that he's some sort of chemical engineering genius combined with a mechanical engineering whiz?

You know what? Maybe I'll go full S&M2099 for a bit and want my Spiderman to have talons and fangs.

Attached: howdoishotweb.jpg (288x266, 28K)

it was a different time

Webshooters are classic stuff, fuck face. Do not change what works.

Attached: VD_1_Oroboros_Wezz_CPS_DCP_017.jpg (1280x1974, 850K)

I'm sure that any kid who gave a shit about Spider-Man was already into 1994 cartoon if not comics.
I can tell you that I believed that X-Men Evolution is a prequel to X-Men TAS, so I broke my brain trying to connect them, if that's casual stupidity you're looking for

This just about anyone back when it came out knew of Spider-man TAS.

Well, that's me... Who watches the OG 60s Spidey instead of 90s Spidey.

>And the Führer said "Let there be cleansing", and wunderbar! There is cleansing. Eleven million gassy, cleansing deaths.

>Good boy, the Führer would be thrilled. Just don't fall on your ass.

>I'm already on my ass May. When niggers are allowed to walk the streets with their pants down, fags are allowed to work, hard-working people are being tricked out of their hard earned money by kikes every day and our once glorious Aryan gene pool is growing ever more diluted...what else can you call it besides "I am on my ass"?

Cliff Robertson and Rosemary Harris don't get enough credit for their work in the Raimi films. They made this admittedly heavy dialogue work.

Attached: Spider-Man - May first shot.png (1273x718, 889K)

I honestly never thought that way. For some reason as a kid it just clicked with me "aha, so this is a movie and this is a comic, they aren't same thing".

It's probably because it was a simple explanation and I grew up watching Spider-man TAS first and of course I wondered why Maguire isn't using web fluid. Well, my cousin just told me cause this is a movie and not a cartoon and since then I've always been keeping in mind that difference, it's simple explanation that is always the answer when it comes down to adaptations.

Why do I love this Raimi meme?

>Raimi posting with JJ
>Whose redeeming traits include not being a racist

Attached: Oboro 200.0% Mad.png (480x270, 99K)

They probably think Garfield Man is superior because Maguire Man can't form hands with his webs.

Attached: webhand.webm (880x495, 2.81M)

Were there any good Homecoming Raimiposting. The only ones I've seen was Vulture professing his love for black booty.

why did they make two movies at the same time and slap them together into one?