Idea: an action RPG set in a Marvel universe where only mutants exist...

Idea: an action RPG set in a Marvel universe where only mutants exist, and the player must choose to join either the X-Men or the Brotherhood. You can customize your character in every way, including looks, powers and costume.

Attached: ship-of-heroes-1.jpg (852x479, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fOpW80f3fqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make it so your mutuation is random and is only revealed after character creation and a prologue.

Announcing your report is a bannable offense.

Or just make it like DCUO but the story is Marvel-related instead.

Yeah people would get really pissy about that.
Thematically appropriate but players would despise not being able to play the character they wanted.

Nice idea, but you'd get people re-rolling or even buying accounts for the best/favourite powers.

What if I want to join the Hellfire Club or the Acolytes or the MLF?

They literally already did that and it was horrible

Attached: xmen_destiny_360_rp.jpg (1000x1405, 583K)

Fun fact, they wanted to make that game before Marvel Heroes, and it ended up becoming Champions Online.
youtube.com/watch?v=fOpW80f3fqM

Wasn't that so bad because SK was bleeding employees and money tho

>ship-of-heroes
Thanks for the info, I love creating characters in videogames. I hope the character creation is decent.
This, the combat and the question marks searchs is was made it great, never saw another mmorpg with the same mechanics back in 2012.

Attached: klaus.png (1360x768, 968K)

All I remember from that game is Pixie dying

And I think they stole someone's artwork off deviantart?

Wait what
They put Pixie in a game and then fucking killed her off??
Is this some sort of sick joke???

None of the X-Men were playable. Pixie was an NPC who got kidnapped by the MRD and during the rescue attempt the helicopter she was on gets shot down and she dies

did DCUO earn money in the long run? I'd love to see them do a full sequel or at least something different enough to run both at once because at this point I can't go back to that game the way it's combat engine still is, it's too outdated

The fuck? And according to google Mike Carey wrote this crap? Seriously?

The story was fine. I blame most of the problems with the game on the gameplay and the developers not giving a shit.

But killing off Pixie like that has always been a head scratcher

The game had a strong start, but it bled players quickly when they realized there was little to no endgame content. Then SOE tried to remedy this with (paid) DLC, but obviously people weren't satisfied with this and the game kept bleeding players, so they made it freemium. Eventually SOE died and the game went to Daybreak, where it's still around, but it's not exactly a success story and I hear more grumbling than anything from curent players. I'd say it's in the same place as SWTOR, slowly but surely dying.

yea but that's every MMO that's not WoW essentially. No one can fucking get that lightning in a bottle. I think only fucking Guild Wars and maybe Final Fantasy did it close enough to right considering they doubled down and went back in

I heard that Silicon knights conned Activision into paying them for the x-men game while they were really working on a sequel to eternal darkness. They kept telling Activision everything was fine but kept moving back the release date. Activision called their bluff and set a hard release date for X-men, forcing them to rush it.

The genre is dying, or at least going out of vogue for a while. People are playing more online games in their phones than their computers.

I always forget this game exists until I pass it in my local gamestop.

>Only mutants exist

stopped reading there