Did Toph ever actually help the Gaang set up a tent after The Chase?

Did Toph ever actually help the Gaang set up a tent after The Chase?

Attached: 1494049427796.jpg (1168x857, 600K)

She was busy with Zuko. Fucking in a rock tent.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-17_153229~2.png (536x687, 577K)

Now that you mention it, no I don't think she did.

Neither Zuko or Toph are racemixers. Please don't insult them.

Is this all that remains from the show ?
Carry her own weight and korrasami butthurt threads ?

Attached: 16437049.jpg (298x300, 24K)

It's been ten years since it ended, and Sup Forums has been around all that time. We've discussed almost everything in it to death, at this point.

At this point all that's left is shipping discussion and griping about Korra.

After they got to Ba Sing Se they were living in that house for a big chunk of book 2

And then in Book 3 they were living in caves until the invasion. And then they moved into the Western Air Temple, and then the Firelord's beach house

Do not sexualize the Toph

Funny seeing how she's doing all the sexualizes.
She literally had two kids and even they didn't know which dad was who.

If you had bending powers what element would you weild ?

Attached: AvatarTheLastAirbender.jpg (1200x675, 37K)

If I get to pick, air, cruising around on a ball or a giant wheel made of air is dope.

Fire, how is this even a question? It's the strongest of the bending styles, has many practical uses, and it's advanced form reverses the water>fire problem.

Knowing Toph i think it didn't go down like you think it did.

Attached: Toph_angry.png (333x250, 101K)

>hire important specialized professional to work at your company, probably the best in the world at what they do
>they are doing an excellent job, they are the backbone of your company
>scream at them because they won't sweep the floor
>not even the floor of the room they work in, all the floors in the building
>they leave and your company goes out of business

Katara is a fucking retard.

>It's the strongest of the bending styles, has many practical uses

I uhh... wow. Care to enlighten the rest of us? Lol.

Earth, water, and air would all be infinitely more useful. Especially air if no one can tell you're doing it. You're automatically a professional athlete.

You can sexualize Korra Toph all you want, but ATLA Toph is not for sexual.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!
SHE MARRIED A ROCK!

Attached: Toph baby daddy.jpg (236x214, 7K)

You think she was raped?

We can argue about bending and how LoK ruined it if you want.

Bending in ATLA is obviously hereditary(not genetic there isn't a bending gene but who your parents are matters, that's why the air acolyte could never produce a airbender). Throughout thousands of generations people who had strong chi trained in manipulating the elements by learning from dragons, air bison, etc. It took a long time for the Air Nation to be created. That's why the Air Nomad genocide was such a big deal, because the only way the Air Nomads were coming back was though Aang(which is why he should've had way more than three kids).

But instead we get Wan bullshit and fake "Air Nomads". Honestly how the New Air Nation was handled was retarded and offensive. It was retarded because random people don't get bending, it was a stupid plot. It was offensive because it would be like after the holocaust going around the world and asking random villagers if they'd like to be a Jew and then sending them to Israel. You haven't saved the Jews by replacing them with new people, you've finished Hitler's job.

>She literally had two kids and even they didn't know which dad was who.

well, she never really got a good look at them.

She's literally married to Venom and has sex with him every night.

1/10, didn't address how their kids was probably blind as well because toph wanted them to be like her by blindfolding them

>my first thought when gaining a magical martial art is incredibly selfish actions shitting on people who worked hard for years to get where they are
Want to know how I know you wouldn't be an Airbender?

>Iroh invented bubble tea in his timeline
Right, he is now the goddamned worse.

Attached: 1498780258782.jpg (450x641, 30K)

Earth just allows you to move around rocks. Air allows you to move around air. Water is probably the most useful after fire, but is limited by the fact you are only able to use what's available to you. Fire, on top of being incredibly important in most stages of technological development, also breaks the conservation of matter. And if you can't figure out a good use for that then you are a fucking idiot.

>their kids was probably blind as well because toph wanted them to be like her by blindfolding them

now thats a weird headcannon, toph would never force a lifestyle on her kids since she never had a choice as a kid until the gAnng came. i thought it would be much simpler to say she had various one night stands and leave it at that.

>Fire, on top of being incredibly important in most stages of technological development, also breaks the conservation of matter.

No one is asking which element is best or most important, we're talking about bending. The fuck does technology have to do with anything? You can use actual fire for that. All of them break conservation of energy and matter. Fire is the only that does so in a way with absolutely no practical real-world applications.

The show clearly state Toph let her kids do pretty much whatever the hell they wanted because she had no freedom as a kid, but I think that user was just joking.

Athletes are dumb, I deserve that money more. They'll probably lose it all gambling anyway.

>Earth just allows you to move around rocks.

Do you know how much expensive equipment you could replace, "moving around rocks"? A construction company just pays you directly, instead of renting all this fucking shit and then paying someone a bunch of money to operate it? You're looking at 500 grand a year, easy. The fuck are you going to do with firebending? Put on a show in Vegas? You could do that with the other elements too.

>literally infinite energy
>no practical real-world applications
You're a fucking retard.

>fire is da bess

anything can be the best if you describe it as such. you could say fire can be fucking mini nukes as far as people like sparkysparky-boom man goes.

earth can be the dust on your person, you need air to breath nigga, your made of water nigga, fire needs air and not to be in fucking water.

On a fighting level a face full of fire is a lot deadlier than anything else. On an everyday use level the ability to warm stuff is pretty useful, but it would be pretty easy to make an engine that runs off the ability to create heat, so never pay for heating or fuel again. Face it, fire op.

i just think fire is the coolest one to have, i don't really see any point in justifying any one element as "the best" because that seems kind of dumb to me and defeats the purpose of them being four equal powers.

How exactly do you think that you, a single firebender, are going to generate infinite energy at a meaningful rate? You don't get a firebending engine, you just get firebending for you, yourself, personally. You can see in the show how it works, it doesn't let you generate significant amounts of power by yourself. They had entire teams of them working in power plants in Korra and they didn't even make that much money. You're probably not even going to be able to compete with market-price gasoline, so how the fuck are you going to make money off of that shit or use it for anything? Also, as I already told you, the other bending arts also violate conservation of mass and energy.

How old are you? This is getting funny. Your concepts of how the world works are so baffling and precious.

>it would be pretty easy to make an engine that runs off the ability to create heat, so never pay for heating or fuel again.

Oh, would that be easy? Do tell.

I think she'd kick a rock spike up your butt and leave you breathing dirt wondering what would have happened if you gad gone to the market tomorrow instead.

Everytime i watch the show i find myself drawn to another element. Last time i thought earth was the coolest shit but right now i wish i had air powers.
I guess it's because getting a job left me with dreams of flight, it is the element of freedom after all.
I'd really like to cut my ties and sit down in a quiet place for an long period if time.

Earth: Instant fortifications, faster movement over land, great offense
-Metalbending: gg urban warfare. gg enemy armor.
-Lavabending: You control fucking lava.
Air: God tier mobility, decent offense
Water: Better logistics, faster movement over water, has a lot of versatility(create fog to conceal yourself, water whips can grip things, ice can be used as projectiles or to immobilize)
-Plantbending: only bending we've seen that allows one bender to make their own giant self repairing war golem. gg jungle warfare.
-Bloodbending: What even needs to be said?
Firebending: Good offense, mobility boast when rocketing, helps with fuel.
-Lightningbending: Great offense but can be redirected back at you, can be used as a power source.

LoK also had Toph, one of the most anti-authoritarian persons in the show, deciding to be a cop. So I don't think the writing for her was necessarily all that logical.

Actually it makes sense because she was a corrupt cop and got to lord over people.

I never thought about that you're right it doesn't make a lot of sense, toph being the cop type. They must have believed it was a good okay because "everything can happen if we said it did".

Toph sleeps with her feet on a pillow not touching the ground because for her this is like having her eyes closed.

Attached: elevated.png (960x720, 532K)

Everything about Korra writing is bad. The best way is just to pretend the entire thing never happened.

>corrupt cop
A. no she wasn't. Stop posting headcanons.
B. She's one of the richest people in the world. That would be like a Rockefeller deciding the best way to make money is become Boss Hogg.

I'm guessing they tried to make a "rebellious kid that straighten up" kinda thing.
Just one of many asspulls, but I will never not be mad about new air bender popping out of nowhere.

Attached: 1515370649286.jpg (568x518, 60K)

Listen man, I am just shitposting in the middle of the night because I have insomnia, but you talk like a fag and you are an idiot on top of that. I am sure you will read this in the morning cause I took so long to post and you write like the self obsessed quasi-intellectuals that are a diamond dozen on the internet. Calling someone a kid in a thread about a show that aired fifteen years ago is just stupid. Everything from the train to nuclear reactors work off the concept of using heat and turning it into mechanical energy. I don't really feel like taking the next few hours explaining how a car engine works, if you haven't figured it out by now I doubt you would get it from some user using mspaint diagrams. And don't pretend to know what the fuck your talking about, because you think Korra's weird ass "use lightning to power a city" makes sense instead of the smarter "use fire to power a city" or use "waterbending to power a city".

Second why would you be comepteting with gas prices? Did you read the part where I said "never pay" again and somehow in your retarded ass head turn that into "become a gas station competitor"? Probably, but that's really on me because I typed infinite when I meant free.

Finally my posts were deliberately inflammatory because I wanted to recreate the good old days of pointless bickering over stupid shit that doesn't matter in anyway shape or form, with people trying to be creative an as rule lawyery as possible and now the truth is those days are gone aren't they? Even as I typed this I kinda realize we can never go back to a pointless thread of "who would win: Optimus Prime or Spider-man". These thread are now populated by bitter fucks like me and Boy Scouts like . This is about as weird as the day I realized they stopped offering my younger siblings the children's menu. I don't think I can deal with this.

jk, fire still op

Fire is a lot more deadly?
How about lungs full of water? Or just bloodbending you into offing yourself?
What about the ground you're standing on opening up to let you fall in? Drowning you in sand? Metal spikes flying at you?
Or just being suffocated and your flames starved as the air is pulled away from you?

I bet she's ticklish.

Attached: 1522047847132.jpg (418x299, 13K)

>bloodbending you into offing yourself
Don't even need that much effort, just stop the blood pumping.

Attached: They-Live.jpg (630x420, 51K)

BTFO

Seems like if you were the last genetic source of airbender genes on the entire planet you really should have more than just three kids.

Attached: 17FThsK.jpg (750x928, 63K)

No momo, shush.

Attached: this guy.jpg (500x373, 42K)

Especially since one of them turned out to be a lesbian waterbender with zero chance of passing on even her recessive airbending genes that might awaken in subsequent generations, and you had to smile and pretend to be all supportive even though in your head you were raging that she just shut down an entire new branch of potential airbenders.

That's so cute.

>How about lungs full of water?
Easier said than done. The best way to kill with waterbending is just cut their head off considering water whips are bullshit or freeze them in ice.
>Or just bloodbending you into offing yourself?
Yeah One v One bloodbending is the OP bending.
>What about the ground you're standing on opening up to let you fall in?
Benders can be pretty mobile so that's not guaranteed to work. Honestly if Avatarverse humans were as soft as real humans then Earthbending would be the most dangerous bending, Goliath was killed with a pebble. Those giant rings that Earth Kingdom soldiers throw around would kill you if they hit, doesn't matter what kind of armor you're wearing.
>Drowning you in sand?
Probably why sandbenders wear masks. Of course a good sandblast would take someone's flesh off.
>Metal spikes flying at you?
And being crushed to death if you're wearing armor.
>Or just being suffocated and your flames starved as the air is pulled away from you?
A trained bender could've beat the shit out of Zaheer in the time it took him to do that trick. The problem with using bending to do any kind of drowning is that it takes a lot of time and finesse, that's fine against non-combatants but against a bender it's good way to get yourself killed.

>And don't pretend to know what the fuck your talking about, because you think Korra's weird ass "use lightning to power a city" makes sense instead of the smarter "use fire to power a city" or use "waterbending to power a city".
Lightning is already electricity, waterbending has to be converted into electricity with a generator. More steps, more machines, more expenses.

Mind you I wasn't a fan of how many people could use lightning bending in LoK.

Not nearly the same situation.

I mean Aang didn't even have to have a harem or anything(although that would be the most realistic option and polygamy was considered ok in the East.) If Aang and Katara had just had as many kids as the Duggars then there'd be dozens to hundreds of airbenders by the time LoK rolled around.

also
>the airbender has aang's skin tone and the waterbender has katara's
What did they mean by this?

You're right. He forgot to add the part where Toph saved Aang from getting sold to the Fire Nation.

Can sandbenders control glass?

If earthbenders can make and control lava then I don't see why sandbenders couldn't make and control glass.

Then again metalbenders can't control platinum because plot so maybe the same applies to sandbenders.

The problem I have with it is that, same for sand to glass, making the transmissions between the two recquire an obscene amount of heat, especially so on the fly, and while I know it's already acknowledged that bender can fuck with the temperature of their element it's still seems bullshit to me an earthbender can pull up lava from any kind of dirt lying around.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, lavabending to me sound like a big asspull they thought of to make Bolin special.

Bolin can melt rocks into lava ?
Did they realize the amount pressure this would require? No dice.

He picked up lava bending in a life threathening situation where they were trying to escape from a tunnel, rather than close the fucking tunnel with earthbending he bended the lava.
After that it's smooth sailing from there and can fuck with lava like he was doing it his entire life, having no trouble lavabending from anywhere as long as it have rock or dirt.

Lightning bending and metalbending used to be things that only the most skilled benders could do, but in LoK they're just easy skills that average benders can pick up with training. I figure lavabending is the same way, right now we think it's some super special skill but even street urchins will be able to lavabend after Bolin opens his own school.

According to Toph it's a very rare skill, unlike in Atla where it was just undiscovered, for all we know every earthbender can metal bend to an extent, and it's honestly not that much of a stretch, sure seems less bullshit than lavabending anyways.
And I know they've already shown lavabending in Atla, but it was a display of the avatar state power and it was ALREADY lava, rather than people bending lava straight out of their asses in Korra.
Lightning being so easily available in Korra is as much bullshit though, I'm not going to deny that.

Attached: 1498675416748.jpg (960x758, 146K)

I’ve never had bubble tea before. What exactly is wrong with it?

You can keep pushing this but it’s never going to catch on.

All bending breaks conservation of energy, attach a stone wheel to generator shaft and use earthbending for free energy, use a hydroelectric turbine for waterbending, or a wind turbine for airbending.