What happened to real art? Why is nobody practicing it anymore...

What happened to real art? Why is nobody practicing it anymore? Why does everybody try to follow these modern "art" styles?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/TZOLB
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=FFpGf7aPXNA
youtube.com/watch?v=mS-a4KvZH_o
youtu.be/5tMtV5p0s4E
youtube.com/watch?v=lATAN7Nn2ng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The art reflects the times

>posting medieval frogposting

>ass face
>it's a literal shitpost demon

Simple: Jews.

archive.is/TZOLB

You know why.

I would recommend reading and watching documentaries by Roger Scruton, he's pretty decent. Here's one:

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

In a Word

Jews

How do we defeat the jew?

People stopped tripping balls due to starvation/dirty water/those funky mushrooms Kristof found in the grove that we ate for lunch.

Now the only "real" artists that are left heavily use psychedelics to make freaky art.

But classical art styles were modern art for the time, without advances in art from the Renaissance etc we'd all still be drawing in 2 dimensions with skewed perspectives as is apparent in medieval artistry

propaganda gets more attention. It will eventually change once more people realise how hollow it makes their lives.

Art is degenerating though.
Even art like this is pretty bad.

Why don't people just read the bible, Rome and Greek history and paint about it? Instead everyone tries to have an artsy, deep or "lsd" style, if they don't go for the comic/anime style.

Life contains more than just holiness for a lot of people. We enjoy seeing that depicted.

>What happened to real art?
Hipsters

The art world is full of hipsters who always have to be "different" and "unique" in order to feel special.

Eventually, all the different styles of good quality art were pretty much done to death, so the only way for hipsters to make original art was to make it shit.

That's modern art in a nutshell.

Jewish subversion of the art institutions

takes too much time and skill, easier to draw stuff what we draw these days

Because of the decline of religion.

You have to realize religion and not just knowledge but true belief in those stories inspired a fuck load of art work. And I'm not just talking about Christianity.

This also applies to believing in the divinity and holy right of monarchies. By comparison America and the Soviet Union never have produced anything on the level as Europe or Asia because of the cultures of those two countries, neither of them inspired on a spiritual level.

It's not only holiness, especially Greek and Roman history and mythology. Pic relating is a painting of Kronos devouring his son.

Century after century we tried to learn from the masters and improve on it, we still tried a lot of new stuff but we followed guidelines and technique.

Realism in art was killed by the invention of photography. Painters branched out into expressionism to stay relevant

All the faces are so emotionless. None of the bodies are that detailed.

Because you can take a photo of the divine, mythology, old wars and old stories.

Painting was never about taking a 1 to 1 copy of what is happening in the exact moment.

You don't.

WW2 was the last real fight and possibility to break free from this path to destruction we are currently traveling.
That’s what World War II was all about. It was a titanic struggle between the forces of classical Europa (as well as historic Japan ) and those of the culturally degenerate and predatory Capitalist - Communist hybrid New World Order in which we live in, no, exist in today.

>Realism in art was killed by the invention of photography.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between a photograph and a drawing

good luck defining art, faggot.

>He thinks art is completly subjective
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Basically, the realist school of the 19th century was the culmination of centuries of technique passed down from master to apprentice. It was an unbroken continuity. Impressionism ruined this. The amount of time it took to make an impressionist piece was a tiny fraction of a realist piece.

This fast turnaround attracted art dealers looking to maximize profits. While this in and of itself is not evil, they also infiltrated art schools and propagated the notion that realism was somehow (bafflingly) inferior to impressionism, and later modernism, and even lower-effort lower-talent style that could be cranked out faster. People literally can't paint like that anymore because realist techniques are lost forever. Check back in a few hundred years.

tl;dr THERE IS A REASON HITLER CALLED MODERN ART DEGENERATE ART

youtube.com/watch?v=FFpGf7aPXNA

how to spot the jew

You beat them spiritually.
Accept Jesus Christ into your heart.

You guys are idiots. "Real" "Art" still exists, you fools just haven't been looking.

computers

There are plenty of people doing real art, you just don't hear about it.

Look at Qatars museums they've got great pieces. Influential

this is correct

What s tour nation i never seen tour flag

>implying classicalism isn't a thing

go a fucking art gallery. it's not vogue, but it sure as hell still exists.

government funding and shift from private patronage to crowdfunded patronage which later became institutional

so institutions being intertwined with governments and their own interests started only propping up that which they were told to prop up

It's not as simple as new, innovative art being all "degenerate" or something. New art can be coming from all kinds of different places and motivations. Some of it is very leftist and some of it very decidedly goes apolitical and is not pushing anything 'degenerate' but is still innovating and speaking to the times.

Artists - at least some of them - *should* do innovative things that show us the times.

This corny conservative idea that artists aren't doing 'real art' unless it's 'classical' or something are ridiculous. Classicism was a ridiculous enlightenment era idea based on misinterpretation of old Green and Roman 'classical' stuff that was completely pagan - not at all 'rational' nor Christian in any way so it shouldn't be held up as a demonstration of rationalism or good morals in art.

Art should keep evolving. I mean after all we work with strikingly new forms here, while balancing it with certain long held beliefs and attachments. Art is similar, a balance of the strikingly new with the ancient.

Cultural marxism ruined all art.
They do not recognize skill, since every human being is of same value so there can be no inherent value to any art.

Dogshit smeared on canvas can be as much art as Da Vinci´s masterpieces, it's all subjective now. We are all created equal and so the expression of art has no meaning

Pic related. Who are we to judge? IT's a masterpiece on it's own right and took as much skill as Mona Lisa

Whoa dude... makes you like... think

age of dissolution
end of objectivity

basically it's just kali yuga man

The camera

thats evidence that art is now the goto thing for money laundering

>paint a canvas all blue
>it sells for 43 million. Enough to buy a small town

modern (((artists))) can't even do that much. Everyone thinks they're Jackson Pollack and just sprays their feces across the canvas. Lack of effort and technique. Early surreal and post-modern art still had good technique. All those guys died and now everything is shit, often literally.

These sold for 20 million a piece

Artistically on par with some kindergartners

t. faggot who doesn't follow any art scene but has a vague idea of "modern art is bad" from pop culture

Why upload ~3MB of crap?

No demand - no supply.

People are lazy. They want to seem creative and interesting but they really aren't so they pick up a camera and use that to make "art" and even then it's just them using amateur techniques to take mediocre pictures.

Very few people have talent in their passion.

"modern art is bad" isn't pop culture.
And we're talking about contemporary art not modern art, bud. try to keep up.
And only a specific type of contemporary art. There are a lot of good contemporary artists.

what the hell are they teaching them in art school these days? There are better artists on Sup Forums drawing lewd anime girls.

Why hang it on the wall in the first place?

You can great Modern Art gallery by going to the junkyard and collecting random pieces of scrap metal from old machinery etc. anything you can find

Put some of the objects inside glass boxes, some hanging from the roof and some on pedestals. Hipsters from your city who have never been to the junkyard will be amazed at it "WOW LOOK AT THIS RUST, SIMPLY GENIUS" while looking at some piece from old washing machine from the 70s

I've been to these kind of exhibitions

Art is a reflection of your inner struggles and perspective. People today are shallow and materialistic who rarely struggle with grief or misery of war, famine and crisis of existence.

If there is nothing inside to reflect, there is no art to be made. Beauty is a by-product of tragedy.

>Hipsters from your city who have never been to the junkyard will be amazed at it "WOW LOOK AT THIS RUST, SIMPLY GENIUS" while looking at some piece from old washing machine from the 70s
everyone involved with dada should have been fucking shot.

oh look its this thread again
>obligatory tracey emin, jeff koons and mark rothko
there is a lot more to contemporary art than you know, kiddo

Evola was a huge fan of Dada, so much for the KAli-Yuga reference burger bro

youtube.com/watch?v=mS-a4KvZH_o

I am surprised to hear that. no one is perfect.

I've been to many art galleries even more expensive ones and all of the modern art is just garbage. Even the more impressive ones that try to go "woah dude really made me think" with their "lsd" style, it's trash compared to old paintings. Is the artist talented and skilled? Sure. Is the art good? No.

We have so much information, so much ways to study and learn; yet art is degenerating into a money laundering business that brainwashes normal people. These people thin that they have some sort of chance to become the next top contender to make millions painting a black square.

that's such bullshit

there's no beauty in war, disease, and suffering

Really? What is the inspiration then? Nearly every artist is a sperglord with mental issues.

That isn't even art. Augustine was a swarthy skinned berber nigger and christians worship a kike on a stick.

Hmm, what is this pregger university? Lots of redpilled vids, even on Islam. Who's funding this?

I like "weird art", but that does not still mean you should throw out all artistic skill and smear stupid shit on canvas.

Pic related. Henry Fuseli's "Night Hag Visiting the Lapland Witches"

Surreal, obscure, but you still have a lot of detail and great technique to go with it.

Classical art requires an unbelievable amount of effort, do you really think those dude weed art degree graduates even know what that is?
Look at David Friedrich, Rembrandt or michelangelo, modern artists need 3 lifetimes to go through the shit they endured to create a single art piece.
There's 2 types of modern artists, those who know they are just ripping of rich snobs for mundane shit like Andy Warhol and those who actually believe their weirdly placed rock somehow symbolizes anything
The former kind is redpilled in that regard

One modern artist, a single one, that comes even close to pic related.

2500 years ago, an artist illustrating a piece of mythology, religion, fables, or life in perfection was valued. Each generation the master taught his scholar and the scholar soon became a master on his own. Generation after generation the knowledge was shared and improved on. Thousands of years of technique, mastery and practice. Thousands of years of now long forgotten, pillaged, burned paintings, statues and architecture; some pieces survived and they met a lot of praise by dozens of generations already. This sacred pact of scholar and master went on all the way until around 1800 when art became that new idea of expressing yourself. When this movement first started there were a lot of incredibly talented men that experimented with other ways of drawing and yes, they have contributed with unusual, yet incredible work; but the tradition of master and scholar was lost, and thus, the decades of years of training that an artist, a man that creates work that illustrates the divinest of books, the most heroic of men and the most fate changing of events, received was lost as well.

Now look at what we have now, even the most talented of men draw like children. We don't see drawings that resemble the lives of men or the divine anymore; we see false artists trying to hide under a facade of being meaningful and special with their mindless, and yes sometimes pretty, drawings that have no merit or meaning. Yet once you try to criticize it, you'll just be labeled as somebody who "doesn't get it"

ONly failures of life pick art.

Art is a hobby.

Back in the past doing art was like starting a business. I could probably start carving up statues but the cost means I have to work. back then they probably just took a big rock from nature themselves.

Well they used marble or wood, difficult to just find a big rock of marble.

too hard
too many distractions on the YouTube... and the new season of Homeland is coming up, then after that Game of Thrones and True Detective... and I've still got to rewatch Breaking Bad, and I'm working on a few video games, so there's just not enough time to paint.

the pendulum always swings back friend :)

Actual good art? People still do it and make incredibly amazing pieces. You just never see it because its mostly on art forums/communities.

The amount of time needed to create this drawing equals to half the time it takes to animate a southpark or a family guy episode. So yea.

thumbnail made it look like that demon was holding up a keytar.

Links?

100% bullshit. The dutch masters were for the most part rich.

Well I mostly just go to /ic/ inspiration threads or the oil painting ones.

Theres also ArtStation that has some insane paintings that you can look at.

There's more to it than this. Why is modern 'classical' music sound like someone's dropped a cutlery drawer down the stairs? And why has architecture been shit for the last century?
Music and art, you can just ignore the new stuff, but architecture's particularly bad, because we're forced to live and work around it, and it rots the soul.

There's good modern classical- Samuel
Barber, John Adams

Oh that's so difficult, you've got me, okay, everything's equally good.

Look, before 1900 - probably okay. After 1940 - fuck you, and fuck your 'art'. Once you've got the idea, stuff from the intervening period's usually not hard to work out.

Nice non argument, inbred slavshit

Why do people people like OP complain about 'modern' art when they clearly have no interest in art?

If you don't like contemporary or modern art then don't go to contemporary or modern galleries. Is it that hard? If you actually went to one chances are you'd like quite a lot of the painting and artworks there.

Not that you ever go to classic art galleries anyway you fucking plebs. Is 2,000 years of the stuff not enough?

They haven't even got room to show all the crappy paintings you claim to love and you're whining there aren't more being made.

Marxism is basically at the root of everything that is wrong with the world today, including art.

Inequality is the prerequisite for value. If everything is equal there can never be any value.

$$$

youtu.be/5tMtV5p0s4E

Because doing the same shit that had been done hundreds of years ago is hacky.
You wont be considered anything other than some pleb doing portrait painting on the board walk for 5 dollars a guy.
The art that was remembered was the ones that pushed the boundaries of technique and form and the concept of art in itself.
By the 20th century it had pretty much all been done, so all that was left was to go crazy.
Although hyper-realism is fairly new

read some holy i-do-not-fucking-care-book just to make art.

look m8 i do art in my spare time. nobody wants to spend a couple of fucken hours reading up source material just to spend anoth 4 fucking days making the art.

Oh and here's a little artist secret for all you poofta cunts. None of the meaning an artist gives his work is authentic. its just bullshit to get people more interested than what they already are.

>man. dude. dude. did like 100 LSDS, mushrooms and weeds. then these aliens spoke to me and told me where to place my squiggles now i have some shit picture: art

Art is also a topic that doesn't mesh well with Sup Forums. Now I fucking know "its my opinion and its subbjective im allowed to like bla bla bla bla" is annoying horse shit. But for art, that's the way it is. The value of every art piece is the value given it, by the artists AND the buyer. There is no "real art" renaissance art did a lot, as far as change goes. But anyone could easily say
"oh they're just real-world images painted... there's no meaning behind them, its just a copy of something else. its not real art."

If an artist had a goal for each piece, it'd be for the audience to FEEL SOMETHING when they look at it. You can see this across all mediums. Kanye releases an album and is pretty popular for a while, BUT knaye goes on some "weirdo" rant during a show and storms off (essentially putting on a show by leaving his own show) and now the whole world has made him the talking point again. I hate his music, I hate just about everything he says, i hate his weird fucking voice (when he talks). but I will always respect him as a great artist.

(Oh and i'm likely going to be fucking roasted for this, but all the memes on Sup Forums are actually high-tier art and memes are currently modern art. I haven't checked, but wouldn't be surprised if some faggot has already swooped in, made some memes then put them on huge displays in an art gallery.)

Do not fall for this bullshit. It's not subjective.

Or rather, it's subjective only when discussing piece of similar value. The intrinsic value of a piece if completely objective.

>I don't want to put effort into what I do
You could've saved yourself so much effort and lines writing your post.

Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=lATAN7Nn2ng

They have a name for that, an Australian.

Saturn you dumbass, it's right there in the filename

Cmon britbong.

Because fundamentals classes don't bust students balls enough.

kill me

It's the same god you fuckstick. Kronos in Greek and Saturn in Latin.

>i was born in le wrong generation
op you are the same as those people who complain about ''no good music nowadays" because you only see the shitty stuff, go look and you'll find good art

>But classical art styles were modern art for the time, without advances in art from the Renaissance etc we'd all still be drawing in 2 dimensions with skewed perspectives as is apparent in medieval artistry

The destruction of traditional art in favor of unfettered naturalism is what allowed this to happen. Art must express an ethnic genius, not an individual's whim. There is more beauty and truth in a single Gothic miniature or Byzantine icon than in the entirety of 19th-century painting.