Cost of living in the United States is through the roof compared to other first world countries...

Cost of living in the United States is through the roof compared to other first world countries. Why is no one addressing this elephant in the room?

>Inb4 "muh entitled millennials think they're entitled to 50 inch TVs hurrr"
Literally no one is saying that, shut the fuck up

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings.jsp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TV's are super cheap now, that has nothing to do with this problem.

agreed 40 hours of cashiering SHOULD comfortably pay for your studio I will also say the people I work aroudn are the laziest pieces of shit.
>user go tell this costomer no becasue it stresses me out to do that.
>no god damnit do your fucking job

it's liek these faggots don't even try to make it on minimum in the first place. adjust it all you want those faggots are lost.

That's a variation of the argument faggots spam these threads with anytime we try and have this discussion

Because you live in the wrong part of the country.

Move faggot.

this is what happens when central banks print money

Because Americans are stupid and want to waste money on an apartment than living for free with their parents

>Cost of living in the United States is through the roof compared to other first world countries.

not true. pretty much everything is more expensive in western europe than it is in america.
you also get way lower taxes.

Your food, transportation, car insurance, rent, college, and cell phone bills are all cheaper than the US

>Rent is $1000 in my city for a one bedroom
>Well if you think about it, that's only about $30 a day
>$15 a day when I split it with my roommate

Why do people make it seem so hard? Two minimum wage cucks can easily afford $2000 in expenses just working 4 hours a day on average.

Sometimes their parents force them out.

Minimum wage is $7.25.
4 hours is $29
minus 7.65% for fica leaves $26.78
x 25 work days per month = $669.50
or x 30 work days per month = $803.40
...and $1000 a month for an apartment is purely ghetto here in northern VA

This is right. We also have ""free"" taxpayer healthcare. Money sinks like attorneys and psychologysts/pharma industry are not as much pervasive, and hence don't afflict the general populace as much.

On the other hand, for your STEM/specialized workers there is not that rare to earn around 100k, while here very few people earn more than 40k. Most people is around 25k or less, but usually that is enough unless you lack basic common sense. Heck, I'm NEETing quite comfortably with 400€/month.

>Cost of living in the United States is through the roof compared to other first world countries.
I've got to assume it's trade deficit combined with GINI index.

When my parents were kids (late 1940's thru 1950's), they each came from a family of six, with one wage earner without a college degree.
Labor unions were much stronger, most women didn't work "real" jobs.
Both of these factors helped raise the market value of labor, and prevented the 1% from taking the huge piece of the pie they currently command.

US/Fed has (as provider of the world's first purely fiat-national-currency-as-world-reserve-currency) been exporting inflation to its trade partners (everyone-else), mildly since 1944 and strongly since 1971. As the USD transitions back to its future role of "one national currency among many others floating freely in a world truly devoid of the need for any reserve currency as we knew it", increasing amounts of the countless USD credits created worldwide in trade for decades with Fed approval/"backing" must flood "home" to trade for real value from within the US. In this process, you may see today's paradoxical situation of a super-strong and strengthening USD vs other currencies and most commodities, US-based asset price inflation, yet also rising "store-shelf price" inflation. You're now competing with the whole world to spend its countless dollars generated over decades of flooding the world with trade credits. In fact this gross imbalance was bottled up and hidden from view as foreign central bank reserves (treasury bond holdings), especially Saudi/China/Japan/etc (Europe divested 99+% of this stuff with € intro) but it was always clear that the more these accumulate, the more the US is forced into further printing, ever more national debt, ever lower rates, further eroding the real value of these holdings. The unwind from the ridiculously outdated 1944 monetary accords would have to be somewhat painful and chaotic in terms of "paradoxical" price swings everywhere, but so far this is still ongoing surprisingly stably and slow-mo. It's also early days (August 2014 is the inflection point when global CB $ reserves started a slow winding down and oil prices started falling).

What exactly are you comparing? All of those can be dirt cheap in the US.

YOU BETTER BE TROLLING
People who actually understand economics don't belong in Sup Forums.

>All of those can be dirt cheap in the US.
>US college
>dirt cheap compared to yrope
lel

I live on my own with an income of €1358 and €837 expenses.

feels good man

Bong in the U.S here. You have no fucking idea what you're blathering about, retard.

You can buy a three bedroom detatched house with a large garden here for 150k. In south-east England it'd be 850k. In London it'd be 1.1 mil.

Yeah, but then you'd have to live in Georgia. And no one wants that.

I don't even have a one bedroom, I have a studio. Fits my needs.

Your prediction?

the fuk misis. ELI5

>literally everyone gets to go to college in Europe.
>free college maymay

K?

>In London it'd be 1.1 mil.
In many parts of the US it would be 800k to 1 mil too.
And the only places you could get a 3br for 150k, most people don't make jack shit.

I've just been in Georgia and parts of it were great. To get a house that cheap in the UK it'd have to have major subsidence issues and be on a council estate (project).

Everything is about location, any part of the world. Certain places are more desirable than others due to geographical location along with safety and jobs.

I never said "everybody" gets to go to college anywhere.
And yes, you Sup Forumstard, going to college in Europe is a lot cheaper than in the US.

>make 75k a year out of college
>own a car, rent a nice house for about 1400
>going to buy a house this summer with all monthly fees said and done to be about 1200 (mortgage and taxes)
>live alone but plan to get a husky or German Shepherd as a companion

But please tell me cost of living is too high you fucks. Go to college.

>USA
>First world country

Wow is it free? I bet it's free! You're a fucking idiot.

Yeah sure I'll address it

>90 million Americans out of the labor force
>1 in 5 American families do not have a single member of the family working
>54 million Americans on food stamps

Gee I wonder why? Surely it's not because niggers and other degenerates aren't working but are still eating and getting free housing. I wonder who's paying for that faggot?

I have to pay my parents 350 a month to live with them lol
It's either 350 with parents or 490 without utilities for most apartments near me. And I go to college.

What state do you live in?

manufacturing going overseas before we were even born=degenerates
hmm really made me think

Cost of living has gradually increased whereas the salary or per hour pay has stayed the same.
Problem is wages

Completely wrong. Get fucked cunt.

Let's see
>go to state school
>10-12k a year for 4 years if you live off campus
Europe
>free college
>pay a lifetime if high taxes

No its not. Literally everything is cheaper here

Mate in chile just rent a house cost about half of a middle class salary.

>Literally no one is saying that, shut the fuck up
Then why are you addressing it? :^)

But no really, Cost of living isn't sky high, or even high, really. You can make an okay living at 40k a year. A comfortable living at 65k. People just want shit they don't deserve and aren't willing to work for it.

Manufacturers went overseas because of cheaper labor but also because they were being taxed out the ass to fund Lyndon Johnson's "Great Nigger Society"

>Boise, Idaho
>Only $665 a month including all utilities for a two bedroom apartment.

Guy I workout with used to do the same job as me at this company 20 years ago - for the same wage.

still doesn't change the fact that my town having no jobs that aren't retail/fast food, like so many others, doesn't make the people struggling in it degenerates

Not to mention states like GA (which nobody wants to live in apparently) have state funded scholarships that pretty much negate tuition for a of people.

UK is an exception. Your country is worse in literally every regard.

I'm more talking about everything West of Czech

The median income is below that

>no jobs
>flyover shithole
>cold as shit
>nothing to do

Impossible in detail, as a lot of it is affected by (geo)politics and uninformed players and side agendas. One way or another, ideally the end game (if no "world currency" is prematurely conceived and forced) is freely floating (against each other) currencies of large trade regions (you can compare Eurozone, Russia, China, US for example each as a large trade block), whose values with respect to each other reflect their purchasing power for the real goods and services and assets exported from their "home" to foreign holders. Accumulating too large (market-moving, ie. central bank scale) reserves of any one currency for manipulation will (have to) be(come) discouraged and existing holdings either divested or devalued in real terms (likely a combination of both). As such, the US risks a situation where "way too many dollars had been printed for decades long ago, and hidden from view" that now flood back while they will find no more "unlimited" easy-money funding via global bond sales (no more CB demand, which devalues these also for other in-size holders such as pension funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds and insurers world-wide).

If they're (made) aware of the situation (no idea how transparently and honestly the players of Frenchy-IMF, Swissy-BIS, and the big central banks really communicate), Treasury/Fed will have to sterilize the incoming dollars and hold them in their own reserve to replace now-defunct bond sales to prevent both hyperinflation and lack of funding. These people may be responsible for many ills but they're not stupid, so they can probably figure this out and no-one is none-the-wiser about what had been averted.

I stay at home and do what ever I want inside anyway so it wouldn't matter if it was in California or fucking Idaho.

PA. In a suburb of philly.

Cant. Too old and I don't have $10k annually for community college.

What job

>cry
>no sauce

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings.jsp

yeah, no

Speaking for myself and most Americans I don't like my pare take or my family. I love in the same town as my parents and 3 sisters and see them maybe twice a month.
I didn't even go to.the hospital when the gave birth because I feel no connection to my family.I couldn't picture living with my patents, who I don't hate I just feel nothing for.
I do wonder what it's like loving family.I skipped our thanksgiving yesterday and will miss Christmas as well.

Yeah but the median household income is like 50k. Somewhere between okay and comfortable. Clearly everyone is living in poverty though.

Cozy dev job.