Can anyone honestly explain to me without using memes why Trump even wants to be president in the first place?

Can anyone honestly explain to me without using memes why Trump even wants to be president in the first place?

>have to move from NYC skyrise to shitty White House
>have to work your ass off all day non-stop for four years instead of basically shaking hands and watching your fortune grow
>have to abandon your real estate empire altogether for a much more stressful job that exponentially takes years off your life when you're already in your 70's

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM
youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM
youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM&t=627s&ab_channel=PatrickHenry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe he's not a selfish guy

bucket list

Nah.

This I can buy, but it then leads me to believe he's going to find a way to call it quits halfway through this term.

Plato said something about having well governed states by having rulers who have a life they love more than statesmanship. I think Trump feels it's something he has to do.
This guy is absolutely right

He wants to make America great again? We have never lived in a great America, only a weak pansy one that can't even deal with Iraq properly.

If Hillary would have won it'd be another 4 years, SCOTUS lost and most likely the country as well.

So he saw it as a duty to get in there and fix things once and for all.

The man is going to be on Mt Rushmore God willing.

Money and influence.

Many people are thinking but he is 70 years old billionaire, why would he bother?
But that's not his perspective. 70 years old people don't think like that.

He's done everything else in life and he only gains pleasure from fulfilling his ambition. Good news is leaving as a bad president would really hurt his ego, so he'll probably try to avoid that

Because he honestly believes he can fix it. Now he just needs everyone to get behind him and help make it happen. America is in a fucked place man, but not for longer I hope.

All this "Progression" we have made under Obama is great. Legalizing gay marriage and all that hippy dippy shit. But we need to get back to being an economic power house and not by fighting wars. Dolan Tramp is the one to do it for us.

China is ripping us off in trade

>The man is going to be on Mt Rushmore
Kek wills it

To make America great again, fucker.

Influence I can see, but not money. Presidency doesn't pay much relative to what he stands to gain from 4 years of running his empire. Unless he plans to manipulate markets through political means and raise his real estate property values that way (on top of running the country), which isn't that far-fetched.

Think I read somewhere he wants to make america great again

He's a puppet.

People have been asking Trump since the 80s if he'd run for President. He said he didn't want to but if the country got so bad and if no one would step up then he'd take on the responsibility.

It looks like America has turned to shit in the last 30 years. And no one wants to fix it. I'll put my faith in Trump.

Something tells me "nah" is going to be your least autistic reply to incoming answers.

The question is why WOULDN'T he want to go down as a leader of the worlds strongest nation if he had the opportunity?
The man has everything he needs, he even said he won't take the presidential salary.

Also
>implying he couldn't simply hire someone to run his estate empire for mere 4 short years

1. The man filters his water and hates globalists
2. The IRS have been trolling him for years now
3. LEGACY, he will go down in history now as more than a real estate mogul/ reality star
4. Trump genuinely seems like a down to earth good guy despite his billions.

He didn't.

He wanted to lose and raise a big stink about it, and start his own television network and all his followers would flock to it and he'd be back in the entertainment industry that he enjoyed so much.

Now he's stuck with the hardest, most stressful job on the planet and if he quits he contradicts everything he's said.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM

>30+ years of him being disappointed in what's happening to America, and how he really wants someone to step up and fix it
>Nobody steps up to fix it
>lmao publicity stunt

>he's a puppet

no he's not and you're the one with a hand up your backside

Some people just want to make America Great.

To destroy the irs for auditing him every year the last 15 years.

To be the most powerful man in the world.

>Hmm I don't actually know a damn thing about politics, who should I hire for my staff to fix all the horrible things going on in Washington?
>I know, I'll hire the people responsible for all the horrible things going on in Washington

YES GOOD BOY BUY THE WATER FILTERS SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY ON INFO WARS MERCH

Midlife crisis.

Are you going to post that picture of four out of 4000+ seats again?

because Obama destroyed him hard at the Correspondant's Dinner and this was his comeuppance

Hes a great guy who wants to save the free world.

Patriotism.

Because he's built his entire life around greed. Unless he's feeling guilty about it now, not being selfish seems to be the least likely answer. That's entirely different that wanting to leave a great political legacy, which is arguably even more ego driven.

>hire someone to run his estate empire for mere 4 short years

Obviously that's unavoidable now.

>the office of president is so demanding it will be a challenge for someone who only sleeps 4 hours a day

>the office of president is so easy even a sick old lady who spends 18 hours a day in bed could do it.

OK which one is it you shill faggot?

It's a demanding job regardless. The difference is Hillary doesn't have shit to do otherwise, having always been a career politician, while Trump is leaving behind a worldwide empire and has a lot more to lose.

Could be dynasty building, but I really do think he just wants the country unfucked. You can listen to him years in the past, and he's always been saying we're going down the wrong road and shit.

Also, he seems like the kind of person who like the glory. I mean, look at his tower. It's regal and gold and shit. He has a massive ego, and I say that as a compliment. It's not vanity, just pride in what he's done.

President Trump is much more marketable than Trump. He's thinking of his children.

>Because he's built his entire life around greed.
That's right, comrade! Why can't he see the true continuing glory and everlasting successes of countries like the former Soviet Union and the former members of the former Soviet Union and also her former satellites??

I can't think of anything other than "He cares".

>Could be dynasty building,

I hope so. 8 years isn't enough to unfuck america the rot goes too deep. All trumps work will be for nothing if he doesn't clean up the schools, colleges and unis.

He said it himself, he would come once america needed him.

>drumf es eveel greedy businessman!
Fucking meme reply kys faggot

Nice one leaf

Videos from the 80s and 90s, hes been saying it for 20 years now that shits bad.

Libtards have their view of him and will only see those videos as
>its a long con
>he knew hed be running, he had to do this to seem good in the future

For the lulz.

>his job is to build buildings
>he realizes the infrastructure is going to shit and materials are super expensive
>he isolates shit negotiations with china as the problem

>have to abandon your real estate empire altogether

This is where you're wrong. All he's going to do is make sure his children make even a shitton more money under his dumbass tax plan then in 4-8 years he's even richer than before.

DAHNALD, WHO'S LOW ENERGY NOW!?

Why would someone want to go down in history as the president of the most powerful country in the world?

Gee, I wonder.

You happen to have any good source on this, I would love to spread it around.

>missing the point this badly

I know I should ignore bait like this.

legacy, family

and what is there left to do when you're a billionaire? years of being able to do literally anything you can think of must be boring as fk

This plus bucket list/legacy building makes the most sense. He probably reached the limit of what he can do as a businessman and was starting to lose money, so thinking outside the box, he can now attempt to actually change laws to his financial advantage.

Add life to your years, not years to your life.

Can anyone honestly explain anything without using a me me? PS, use the word me me one more time. We're not sure if you're a new friend or not.

i have no idea what's been happening" the post

>implying any important politician has actually some clue about politics

Merkel has a PHD in Physics for crying out loud. I believe a guy who built a multi billion dollar empire and has been one of the most prominent leaders in real estate is more capeable of running a country than a female fat Sheldon Cooper here in Germanistan.

He wants to Make America Great Again.

You just need to watch the first 5-6 minutes to get the idea. Trump's been planning this conquest for 30 years.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

IT'S BEEN ALMOST 3 WEEKS AND THEY'RE STILL SALTY

MMMMMM YESSSSSS YOUR TEARS

He explains it in some of these old interviews.

He didn't mean to win.
It's been told by his previous campaign leader several times.
He just wanted to run and get some good PR out there.
Then he got picked up by Breibart and other right-populists that heard his speeches and thought "this is our guy!" and they "made him win"*

*I don't think they actually know how or why he won either, Trump was making all these "it's rigged!" speeches all the time because he was so fucking sure he would lose - the entire world was.

I mean, everyone is saying that Clinton did care enough about white males etc as the reason to why the election got like it got, but half of the country didn't even vote. I think both Clinton and Trump being shitty candidates bummed everyone out.

He doesn't care about people, his lifeworks is that of scamming people

>We
GTFO you smelly swede. Focus on your own cucked country.

probably wanted to be POTUS when he was 6 years old. kept his child soul intact.

Delusion like this is why Donald Trump got elected.

>Hehe Drumpf doesn't really WANT to be President, I mean come on guise....

Meanwhile in reality he's been discussing it for 30 years.

Yeah, because he definitely doesn't want to become president for the good of America /s

Nice out of context pic btw, this is when Trump hadn't even won, and he was on the edge victory. His demeanor shouldn't be that surprising. I would look like that too.

youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM&t=627s&ab_channel=PatrickHenry

Goddamnit everyone is linking that video

Fine I'll fucking watch it.

Better not be some psy-op brainwashing bullshit or you're not invited to my birthday party

>but half of the country didn't even vote

That's generally the norm. In hindsight, it's easy to see why Clinton lost more than Trump won. Including the primaries, it was likely the worst batch of candidates in our history.

It just shows how consistent he's been over the years.

Obama disrespected him when he brought up valid concerns about his place of birth, it's simple revenge.