Brit/pol/ - British Politics Thread - Repost Edition

>Right-wing Donald Trump supporter Milo Yiannopoulos banned from speaking at former school in Kent by extremism unit
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/21/school-cancels-talk-far-right-trump-cheerleader-milo-yiannopoulos/

>Diane James, former UKIP leader, quits party
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38057251

>PM faces fury after hinting at 'transitional' Brexit deal to appease City firms that could see us tied to the EU for YEARS
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3955772/We-ll-cut-business-tax-lowest-rate-G20-says-PM-Theresa-vows-commitment-free-market-pledges-bring-corporation-rates-time-low.html

>What is a 'transitional' Brexit deal and what would it involve?
theguardian.com/politics/blog/2016/nov/21/what-is-a-transitional-brexit-deal-and-what-would-it-involve-theresa-may

>How euroscepticism is RIPPING the EU APART: Shock poll shows unstoppable populist surge
express.co.uk/news/politics/734682/European-Union-YouGov-poll-populist-parties-EU-Brexit

>Donald Trump state visit to UK being considered
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38051579

>Theresa May backtracks on putting workers on company boards
telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/11/21/theresa-may-backtracks-on-putting-workers-on-company-boards/

>DUDE WEED LMAO, say MPs including Nick Clegg
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/21/legalising-cannabis-could-net-1bn-a-year-say-mps-including-nick/

>Royal Navy 'woefully low' on warships
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38044967

>Nigel Farage makes new comeback bid: Acting Ukip leader rips up pledge to quit frontline politics as he vows to forge new alliance with Donald Trump and fight for a Commons seat
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3953518/Nigel-Farage-vows-fight-Commons-seat-Thanet-South-backed-Donald-Trump.html

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/uk/734812/Prince-William-Duke-Of-Cambridge-parenthood-fatherhood-Prince-George-Princess-Charlotte
express.co.uk/news/uk/734838/woman-disguised-bearded-man-Yvonne-Caylor-killed-half-sister-Nikki-Collingbourne
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800887087780294656
bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38059623
youtube.com/watch?v=-o-7MmhqNfA&t=0m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI&t=50
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38060432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck the Tories and fuck brown people

Fuck MAY and FUCK GCHQ!

>>Brit/pol/ - British Politics Thread - Repost Edition Anonymous
>That layout

Who else /studyabroad/?

How is it that Britain once ruled the waves and had the largest maritime empire, yet they can't seem to grasp infrastructure?

Lads, will Trump gets the NSA to X-Keyscore British MP's and prove they're all nonces so we can get rid of the tories and blairites?

It feels like i am abroad.

A century of shitty government

express.co.uk/news/uk/734812/Prince-William-Duke-Of-Cambridge-parenthood-fatherhood-Prince-George-Princess-Charlotte

>William tries to be "down with the kids" and appeal to parents who regret having kids

>Gets shit-talked by republicans anyway

Fag-Prince BTFO

Where? Should I avoid it?
I've already been told not to wander into Birmingham.

No, I'm gay.

No, they'd just use that to blackmail them all

express.co.uk/news/uk/734838/woman-disguised-bearded-man-Yvonne-Caylor-killed-half-sister-Nikki-Collingbourne

>A WOMAN disguised herself with a goatee beard, wig, glasses and workman’s jacket before battering her half-sister to death with a chicken-shaped ceramic pot, a jury heard.

The entire country is done for, avoid all of it.

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800887087780294656

That's a tad depressive, m8.
I spent three hours in one of your airports and had a wonderful time.
I only saw one qt Polish waitress, a pair of wogs guiding you into the right line to catch your bus to the next terminal, and literally everyone else was British as fuck.

>"British person here. Britain is pretty bad"

>Yank enters

>"NAHHHHH. As someone who knows the country better than you do I can tell you, FACT, that that is BULLSHIT"

> spending three hours in one airport is a reflection of the entire country

> NOT THE ONION

Not just the immigrants that are fucking the country, the government are doing their best to sink the place with no survivors. Everything is wrong and i don't see it changing, people don't care enough.

>As someone who knows the country better than you do
That was the joke, user.

I disguise my points in overblown hyperbole.

> People don't care enough
That's the problem. Even the "liberals" don't care enough. They just vote for the left for gibsme and that's it.

I've no idea how to quote cross threadlike but for the user mentioning his dad got turned away from hospital then died you may wish to consider contacting a solicitor.

You have some time to consider this, it doesn't have to be tomorrow, but generally what you're describing sounds a lot like malpractice, i.e. professional negligence.

I'm basing this learned legal opinion on about one and a half lines of text though.

>mfw was in the shower earlier thinking how the left can possible rationalize the very real possibiility of becoming minorities in our own countries.

They deny that it will happen

>rationalize
Z

I feel that as long as there is social media and reality TV people will just take the shit that the Government shove our faces into. Things are only going to get worse with this level of apathy.

spellcheck is rooning my vokabularey

They pretend that it isn't happening. Some actually want that though.

People here do realize the jewish white genocide thing is real right? The left is just jewish supremacists + hipster types obsessed with signalling that they have high social status so they just parrot Correct Opinions from their tastemaker mags which are curated by jews

Also for any constitutional folk here, r8 my thinking

1. Parliament is entirely sovreign and this is right and true.
2. There are however uncodified limits on parli sov, especially the following:
i. Generally parliment can do as it pleases but also tries to avoid doing anything suicidally stupid, i.e. overturning brexit. For one thing for any budding 3rd world dictator, the mother of all parliaments deciding that it didn't get the result it liked is not a good example to set. This I would argue is an unwritten aspect of our constitution.
ii. Popular sov via referendum from 1973 onward, parliament when saying we can have a referednum abides by the result of said. (see i. above)
iii. In theory parliament can do anything it wants, it could for example devolve the regional assemblies of NI, Scotland and Wales. It won't however as this is what the people want.
Iv. The courts limit parli sov - Factortame etc
3. Regardless we still need the legal fiction that parliament is absolutely sovreign.

if anyone has an intelligent opinion on this I'd be grateful, failing that I'll take YKTD or a story about Greggs.

>I've no idea how to quote cross threadlike

Go to the first thread.
Click on the number of the post that you want to quote.
When the window pops up, copy what's already there. (For archived threads, you've got to copy and paste the post's number manually, because response windows no longer come up.)
Paste it in a response in the second thread.
Everything works like normal, and an arrow shows up next to it automatically.

Cheers user.

Are you an actual fat or are you doing what I spent a year doing, being in the states and lurking britpol during the comfy hours out of desparate need for banter?

Fuck off back to plebbit

Got called a Blairite in Greggs today

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38059623

How can one man be so based?

Cue all the liberal saying that they were for it al along.

Can I ask you something: Why do you use a trip?

what happened mate

>Are you an actual fat
I was before I lost the weight. But, yes, I'm American.
Whatever the fuck that means anymore, because apparently this country doesn't belong to me.

>or are you doing what I spent a year doing, being in the states and lurking britpol during the comfy hours out of desparate need for banter?
There's a guy in one of my classes from Warwick who may be doing just that.
Maybe I she be worried about whether or not he gets enough banter in his diet.

*Maybe I should be

It was the fashion back when I started posting on Brit/pol/ in 2014
Shitposters accused everyone else of being a tripfag in hiding so everyone started to adopt trips to distinguish themselves, remember there were no IDs back then
Everyone else disappeared when Sup Forums fragmented after Gamergate, a lot of them went to 8ch but I didn't because I found their LARPing about forming militias in Sherwood Forest cringeworthy much like the "If we don't get a hard Brexit then let's get based Farage to bomb Parliament and takeover the Queen will help us cuz she's based xD" Plebbit-tier rubbish we get these days

He seems to be going ahead with a lot of things. The Wall, having very illegal considered a criminal and so on
The holy grail of jailing Hillary seems to have been dropped like a lead turd though

Before someone posts that picture of a newspaper with the headline "YANK CANNOT HANDLE THE BANTER" or similar, it's one of those things it's very hard to replicate in America, see for example the American pilot of Red Dwarf. There is a real difference in sense of humour.

This can lead the bong abroad into a similar state to rabbit starvation, you're eating but you aren't getting the essential vitamins and minerals you need.

I can only recommend that you resolve this issue by putting on your worst cockney accent and attempting rhyming slang.

Genuinely though, your concern is of merit.

oh and close enough, ta.

>I can only recommend that you resolve this issue by putting on your worst cockney accent and attempting rhyming slang.

>stay up all night to finish our 12-page paper
>he's probably doing the same thing
>walk into class sleep-deprived
>cor, guv. me m8s assed me to check up on you and what like. avin' enuf cheeky banter, then, innit?
Now how do I slip the rhymes in there?

Hillary is made of teflon and as much as I might like to see her incarcerated, there's very little politcal capital left in it beyond pure enjoyment and the God Emperor has other things to do now.

Sadly and this may be of relevance to our friends in Trump General, I recall that those first warriors of the God Emperor, the Thunder Warriors, despite winning his conquest of earth for him were cast aside as unsuitable to take his banner to the stars. I wonder if that might be pepe and his friends.

That's literally the shittest excuse ever. I've been on Sup Forums for 8-9 years and the quality of the posts has remained abut the same. brit/pol/ now is about the same as Sup Forums 4 years ago - not that bad. Stop using it man - no-one cares about your "look at me" bullshit.

Corr m8 those apples and pairs av gotten igher roight? Wot was that useless display about lorst noight? Ere slip us a fag. Yer not a Blairite are you? Doncha wurry bout me, oim just another septic.

If you do that right that should give you a whole string of different accents and at the very least I can gaurantee that H.M. Queen is obliged under the magna carta to make you an OBE for this.

*about

hurrrr

>I tripfag because it was the fashion back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=-o-7MmhqNfA&t=0m26s

Watch that then come back to us.

Can we start BTFO this cunt again. Wasn't too long ago that you were embarrassed to wear your cuck trip.

>Donald wants Farage as US Ambassador
Called it weeks ago

BLAIREEEEETS

GIT

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Might I respectfully suggest "Smeg off Rimmer" seems to have worked a few times before.

I don't need an excuse, you asked me why I used one
And Brit/pol/ is nowhere near the same as it was before the election. It's starting to go back now that the hype-train Redditors and Sup Forums are leaving after the referendum and US elections, but the old feeling isn't there - I think it was the optimism for UKIP. 50 seats! 18% in the polls! Thurrock, South Thanet, Grimsby, Rochester, seats up and down the country. What a bloody farce

>le tradition is bad meme
Simpsons confirmed the killer of the public's opinion of nuclear power as well as how old people are viewed

>1 post by thi-
Shock

sauce

It will make his cock grow but it kills his chances of becoming an MP

*incoherent screeching*

>autist thinks his reply is worth anything when people just filter
lmao you're a retard

Here user twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800887087780294656

>Implying May will let Farage be an ambassador

You're suffering from false nostalgia, like everyone who says "Sup Forums used to be so much better".

I meant the fact that Trump tweeted about him in the first place, he's never had a shred of experience in government or the civil service, of course he shouldn't be considered

Could be, I'd have to do some archive trawling

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that also (given Trump's qualifications) in his favour?

With regards to UKIP and his place in the polls or his chances of being made ambassador?

Also, not to be rude or trolling, but if you can't tell the difference between sincere, ironic and blatant troll posts then you might have a bit of autism.

>have a bit of autism.
>Tripfag
No, he has a lot of autism

He's a spacker mate

Both.

It's an interesting question as to what opinion the civil service might take of a foreign potentate saying "I can deal with this man. I want him"
For the establishment sending Nige across the sea might actually be helpful to them as the rest of UKIP are sadly pathetic.

>Trying to be polite about calling others autists
No need, it's practically a meme word by this point anyway

I do wonder what the 1 Post By This ID Brigade do while they lurk, look for witty comments or news posts to steal and share back on Reddit?

Farage has more political experience that Trump, far, far more political experience actually, he has been an MEP for many years, has lead a political party into delivering the biggest political earthquake in british politics in decades and simultaneously gave motivation to Trump who has been the biggest political earthquake, worldwide, since I can't even remember. "This aint his first rodeo" as the yanks might put it.

>several posts by my ID. I still think you're a fudd for using a trip

I'd suggest the site would be imported overall by having an option to just hide the trip bit of everyone's posts.

>"This aint his first rodeo" as the yanks might put it.
Oh?
Would we?

The entire goal of the May government so far has been to destroy UKIP so they're not going to even consider giving him the job, worst case scenario they send some Eurosceptic who gets Trump to speak well of him and Farage gets sidelined or gets into a bitchy little "No Trump likes ME more" spat with him

It hurts UKIP's chances at home though. The rough working-class that Trump appeals to in Britain are already staunchly purple, to win they need to appeal to hesitant conservatives. No granny is going to be won over by boisterous Duke Nukem figures

yippy ay aye

>typical_tripfag.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI&t=50

*Improved

You are correct user. Farage is more politically experienced than Trump. What I'm getting at though is he has about as much CV basis for the ambassador post as trump does for presidency. I'd not say this is necessarily a bad thing.

"Sure thing cowboy!"

>It hurts UKIP's chances at home though
I think the main thing hurting UKIPs chances at the moment is that in terms of organization they make Labour look like the Special fucking Air Service.

It is really bugging me that hardly anyone cares about the Snoopers' charter, why are people happy to just lose their privacy and freedoms (not that we had much to begin with but still)?

HI WOOWEE

I did finally shoot a gun last summer, so I guess that I can't keep dodging the stereotypes anymore.

It was barely reported at all, wasnt in any newspapers

Left-wingers love it because it lets them spy on and lock up conservatives

Right-wingers love it because it lets them spy on Muslims
Anyone in between who questions it is asked why they want Jo Cox's memory to be disgraced / Pakis to be able to go around raping and bombing people as they please

Strange world when the Lib Dems have been the staunchest defenders of our liberty in real time over the last 6 years

I bet you're eating something fried with horrible fake American cheese melted all over it right now, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!

That's what I was getting at that for May it would be politically expedient to export farage.

I'm more concerned about Ms Truss being useless at the moment but I see where you are coming from. She's a joke as LCs go.

what are you basing that on?

>Implying im a NEET who stays up all night to badmouth you

No, i'm just up early for work

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38060432
Also how do you guys feel about this? Would using ID for NHS services change much about the service?

I shot a couple dozen firearms while in the US. I've also done so in the UK in similar volume and used an rather nice 45.70 for shooting game in Africa. Unsure if this makes me an honorary American or not.

True, i only saw articles after it was passed.
I have a new found respect for the lib dems for at least trying to stop this, shame about their other policies though.

No. I'm not eating anything, just sitting at my desk and doing everything but finishing my 10-page research paper.
The last thing that I ate was some herb-flavored crackers and a bit of mediocre chocolate that claims to be from Belgium.

For the average Briton no. It would make it harder for the undocumented migrant though.

Would be pretty happy with that. Same for voting. Whenever I vote I'm always unhappy to see that all I need to vote more than once is to go to a polling station with someone's name and address before they do.

It's the way it's been sold in Parliament to either side, various newspapers (though coverage has been almost nonexistent) on the Left and the 'Right' as well as anons on Brit/pol/ who seem to either be very against it or begrudgingly for it because the alleged constant threat of terrorism

I never called you a NEET lad
It wouldn't change much at all, passports are easy to get and the majority of hospitals in immigrant-ridden areas would just stop following the law anyway to save time and (violent) aggression

>used an rather nice 45.70 for shooting game in Africa.
Do you mean that the weapon was something designed for shooting African game, or that you used this weapon while in Africa?
If it's the latter, you're an honorary Cecil Rhodes. Even we don't fuck with Africa.

All yanks are from Montana.

>The last thing that I ate was some herb-flavoured crackers and a bit of mediocre chocolate that claims to be from Belgium.
You should be ashamed, go to McDonalds immediately.

I haven't eaten food from a McDonald's in well over four years. Or any fast food.
Unless pizza counts, which I've had three or four times.

The later. 7.62 and .303 are prohibited cartridges in Zambia as they're considered military. 45.70 was the best thing I could think of to drop a pissed off buffalo if need be.

Fucks sake. The latter. The current S7 has the most cack handed auto correct.