SELF DRIVING CAR IS HERE

ITS HAPPENING

youtube.com/watch?v=PUw_DMaQ264&sns=em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5pt03KRUiVc
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-25/uber-self-driving-truck-packed-with-budweiser-makes-first-delivery-in-colorado
youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never gonna happen. After the first person inevitably dies from one the lawsuits are gonna hit so fucking hard nobody is going to manufacture them.

You think someone dying in a self driving car will prevent cars from being made when 30,000 annual traffic deaths don't stop cars from being made?
You're what's referred to as "an idiot"

And thats why America is great!

Here is what will happen in Europe in general (and Sweden in particular). Our politicians will make laws banning regular cars. Because if you cant control the car then there is no chance of you speeding and it so much safer.

Such is life for a europoor, feels bad man...

Elon quit shilling, you need to market yo shit better.
youtu.be/5pt03KRUiVc

Am I supposed be impressed? I can't believe we're still using roads ffs. Where is the future the Jetsons promised us

The best part of the jetsons was that a factory worker who literally did nothing but press a button somehow earned enough money to support 4 people and a dog. Fuck he had enough money that he was perfectly ok with his wife literally taking his wallet and going straight to the mall.

Kill yourself you luddite motherfucker.

so has it been rooted yet?

>inb4 no it isn't, because I'm a retarded baby boomer and/or /o/ faggot obsessed with my modded out rice burner vehicle

For the idiots who were dumb enough to actually buy their car, sell it ASAP and lease a vehicle before the used car market bottoms out.

The future will be like that. Of course the factory had to cut 95% of their other works displaced by automation.

don't underestimate the way the cards can fall on this.

Yes, self-driving cars should only need to be better than it's error prone counter parts, but the moment someone DOES die from one.

"HE WOULDNT HAVE DIED IF HE HAD CONTROL OF HIS VEHICLE, THIS IS PROOF THAT WE'RE NOT READY FOR IT. PEOPLE NEED TO BE IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN FATE."

Yes, we trust our lives to Airplane Auto-Pilots and shit, I'm just spouting about how an overzealous lobbist might sway people.

You poor, delusional little goy.

The demand and implications of vehicle automation is too big to ignore, it's too big to be stopped by anything. I guarantee that.

>tfw Uber driver

They have been a thing since 2004. Companies have just been working on the kinks before mass production. Member Google had to make an update so self driving cars can respond to people bending driving laws like going over the speed limit.

>the part where the car slows down so you can look at the ass of those jogging ladies

Nice

Cars used to be machines. Now they're appliances.

And in the mid-sixties, that part wasn't science fiction.

still need someone behind the wheel

>Supervisor requires less skill than active driver so salary will go down anyway.

several people have already died from self driving cars though

I'd say we need completely separate infrastructure for automated vehicles and manual vehicles.

This either means, general altitude automated flying vehicles vs airliner traffic or...

We pave entire new road systems for them or...

Autonomous cars stay 5 under the speed limit and never in the passing lane.

Its not how safe a robot car is, but how careless other drivers will always be.

I struggle to think of anything more degenerate than the people who actually want to manually control a car. Right now of course the technology isn't ready but the second it is and is proven to be better, safer and more effective than manual driving (and that won't take long) it should be illegal to own and drive manually on public roads.

you just reached into my memory and corrupted it.

>Never gonna happen After the first person inevitably dies from one the lawsuits are gonna hit so fucking hard nobody is going to manufacture them
Please tell me you're trolling. Nobody can possibly be this stupid. Right... right??

>force everyone to have self-driving car by banning regular cars
>government can now literally kill anyone over WI-FI without any traces in the cars log that anything went wrong when they take control and drive you off a cliff while disabling any onboard controls

whats an "an idiot"

i can't wait. imagine the fun we'll have trolling the robot cars. think 4-way stops... and turn signals... and brake lights... :))))))

>Our politicians will make laws banning regular cars.
And that is bad... why?
I hope they do that.
If self-driven car is proven to be safer, normal cars should be banned as it endangers over.
Do you realize how many innocent people die because of drunk driving?

Also, enjoy getting mugged by packs of nignogs because the car automatically stops when they step on the road

I'm so glad I'm a 400 lbs who is good at the cyber. Going to kill so many minorities by rolling myself to the overpass and hax0ring your cars.

notice how it's an operator aid

This thread is full of Luddites.

You all have to go back, to dust that is. Small nano disassemblers are going to make all the Luddites great again. The posthumans and ai will use you for building material.

What if the car could automatically shoot them?

lets show the video at 4x normal speed , hope nobody notices the fuckups it makes

He's right, and it is going to happen

I will take self-driving cars, just don't let them be Teslas. I don't want to explode, please KEK don't let me explode.

In our lifetime, cars will be designed to where they literally won't drive above the speed limit

Absolutely disgusting

Literally kill yourself leftist
>people can't look after themselves so ban everything
I hope an angry czech rapes you with scissors

this is a future acceptable to me. back to dust!

Sup Forums usually has the biggest boner for following the law but why are speed limits different?

You all are a few months late.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-25/uber-self-driving-truck-packed-with-budweiser-makes-first-delivery-in-colorado

Say goodbye to those Trucker jobs. Otto utilizes retro fitting old trucks to automatically drive and deliver.

Yes, Retrofitting existing trucks. Jobs are not coming back under the NeoLiberals or Nationalists. Everyone was lying to you all.

fucking idiots.

>parks itself

oh baby

oh SNAP!

That would be a serious api, wirelessly plugging traffic signals and road signs into the vehicle's A.I.

Then at a certain point, when there are no manually operated vehicles, we might just get rid of traffic lights and signs all together.

Remember speed limits? Pepperidge farm remembers.

But driving is funny!

just another way of thinning the herd for the globalist agenda. so sad that even most people here don't see it.

They have been able to that since the 50's. They just attach governors to the drive system, or in the case of today they just program the computer to to the work

>government taking away your ability to independently travel

These cuck machines are jusr further tools of the jews

The globalist agenda is to divide and conquer.

Ironic isn't it?

that's what it's designed to do. the explosion from the ammo blowing off is channeled away from the occupants who are safe behind armored blast doors. the crew survived.

No autonomous car engineer has an answer for the Reginald Denny phenomenon. They are deathtraps because they will not plow through bad people.

Media experts will struggle to explain why everyone in the country is suddenly late for work.

Don't you mean fun?

>Sup Forums is one person
Literally read the thread and you will see the statist cucks saying its a good thing. Libertarian Sup Forums has never been obsessed with following rules

Redpill me on this phenomenon

kill yourself collectivist

people pay more attention a faster speeds and tend to drive only as fast as they are comfortable going. Higher speed limits lower accident numbers but the accidents tend to be more fatal.

Lucky for you soon you won't have to pay attention to anything when driving manually is illegal.

Rental cars have been doing this for 5 years...

This is why I buy only manual cars... besides being the best theft deterrent...

it already happened twice with Tesla - at least that I heard

Would self-driving cars be safe from theft since they won't be owned by individuals?

On the contrary, people will start getting sued for causing wrecks without self-driving hardware.

>niggers step on the road
>your car stops for them like a good goy
>you get Reginald Denny'd
youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

Nothing is safe from niggers. They will just piece it off.

Call the cab. Nigs come and take shit from the empty vehicle. Cab drives away (if it can). Reminds me of the window boot someguy made. Its good in theory. But nigs will trash it.

Pic related

>google drive

THAT is why we can't have nice things.

>we trust our lives to Airplane Auto-Pilots
No we don't. The autopilot is only there to take load off the pilot and improve the precision of his flying, in an environment with nothing to collide with for miles, with minutes rather than a split second to respond to autopilot error.

What we trust our lives to when we fly are highly-trained pilots, copilots, air traffic controllers, maintenance staff, and a low-traffic environment.

It's relatively easy to make a self-driving car that, when loaded with a fresh and accurate map, can typically drive for an hour without needing user input to either avoid an accident or keep from getting confused and stuck. Getting up to a hundred hours is much more difficult, and not nearly good enough. What we need is a car that can drive itself for tens of thousands of hours without any accidents or getting hung up and stopping traffic, and I don't think that's possible without human-equivalent general intelligence.

This is hubristic technology. It won't lead anywhere good.