Unions

>tfw in non right to work state
>tfw never wanted to join a union
>tfw they take $50 a month anyway
>tfw you vote no to authorize a strike
>tfw everyone else votes yes
>tfw union announces a strike because not enough gibs the first time the employer has increased revenue

Is there a legal way to keep working through a strike user? I just want my paycheck.

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.epi.org/files/page/-/old/briefingpapers/BriefingPaper299.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Move to different state senpai.

not sure man ive never been part of a union either but i wish you luck.

>Is there a legal way to keep working through a strike user?
Just keep going to your job? I don't get striking but it's not like those guys can you stop you working.
If you're striking do you still get paid? If yes, fucking why? If not, how do you afford to be on strike?

>You want lawyers and lobbyists for free

>tfw part of a union
>Starting pay was $10.75, increase to $14.00 after three months
>Year later it's at $19.50

Yeah they have their bass, but for the most part unions are good

MFW a union worker just wants to take it up the ass from his corporate masters instead of fighting alongside his brothers and sisters.

Pussy.

They will either attack you or your property and after the strike get you fired by lying about you.

Don't you make 80k working for a union, I have been trying to get into one because non union private companies are jews

Legal, yes. Smart, no.

You can still show up and work, but expect your car to be destroyed when you go to leave. Also, when the strike is over, you'll be fired. Sad truth of it, but there it is.

Don't you get strike wages with your union?

>being a class cuck

Look at this retard and laugh everyone. You only getting paid what you do because of the union. And do you have any idea how much those benefits would cost if you had to pay for them privately?

>tfw union electrician
>tfw when getting paid $1000 to not work thanksgiving and the following day

Im OK with this

>not being interdisciplinary
>not having under the table side gigs

the reason trades are so good is because they are the most direct route to working for yourself.

>mfw average wages are higher in states without right to work laws
secure.epi.org/files/page/-/old/briefingpapers/BriefingPaper299.pdf

Econ 101 user. The people in unions are paid better but everyone else is worse off and unemployment is higher. Instead of paying 2 nigs $12 an hour to fix your sink they pay one $24 while the other one will now rob you

>CTU
>open vote in front of God and your union president
>Yes always wins with 97%
Immediate expulsion from the union, you weren't getting paid through the strike
>sit at home while your retarded coworkers strike
>the owner capitulates, gives into demands
>union dues go up with same inflation as your raise
What's the fucking point?

>Unionized job in Leaftopia.
>Pay $90 in dues.
>Union stalls on national negotiations impacting business.
>Volumes drop.
>Both sides threaten to strike/lockout.
>Say "fuck it" and go management because a space opened up and wanted to be paid while I strike.
>Strike doesn't happen.
>Still have to pay $60 in 'association fees' for a not-quite union that gives me zero representation in events I may need it.

At least your cost of living is lower along with your dollar going farther.

>Just keep going to your job? I don't get striking but it's not like those guys can you stop you working.
NOT ADJUSTED FOR COST OF LIVING
>Die you commie rat

There should be something called an "employers union" where employers get together to set maximum wages and stuff, and negotiate with the labor unions from even footing.

Oh wait.. antitrust laws.

I guess that makes sense because employers' rights aren't valuable right?

They're unemployed cause they're black

How do antitrust laws prevent that? I am a woefully ignorant peasant.

They let a government break up companies that control "too much" of their market, or prevent mergers that would give a single company "too much".

The reasoning is valid: monopolies are bad for an economy.

But they turn a blind eye to the most important monopoly: the unions, which monopolize labor.

I was fired from my last job because of a union rep making up some bullshit about me
so you can take that "brothers and sisters" shit and shove it up your ass

Story time?

this

go get another job

I really, really wanted to become an electrician, but the union scumbags black balled everyone out during the last recession. You had to have an apprenticeship, therefore you had to be sponsored. And if you weren't a nephew or something you were fucked

Now I live in the northeast corridor and people in NY and Boston say unions up here are basically modern day feudalism/sometimes literal birthright

TL/DR - If you don't compete on the free market, you are nigger-tier. You should move to Tennessee or something, OP. Some user told me unions aren't a mandatory thing there

That sounds fucked, they shouldn't even have that power though?

>get job after months of hunting
>1 week later get food poisoning, dont come in for 2 days
>come back, theres a new guy
>ohheywassupbro
>next day boss fires me, says new guy is th replacement
>"because we cant have people missing work like this"
yeah fuck right to work

This. I'm in Cali, some of my coworkers are idiots and want to have a strike but they wanna get rid of the Union. All I want is my check, I'm fine making what I'm making for practically just walking and breathing.

I don't know man.

The way they have control over that field in particular is because electricians have to be licensed, I think by each state. And to be eligible for the license you have to have 6 gorillion hours of time as an apprentice, which basically amounts to several years total. You can't just go to college or trade school to do it

The way it went was a builders union would sponsor you, and basically pay you minimum wage in year one as an apprentice, more in year two, and so on until you reach the license wage at the end of year 5. And at the end of that, you got your license and an associates degree, which they also pay for, and you are part of the union. So its a whole big thing.

Its a pretty sweet deal. Its sucks that its so hard to get in. I think HVAC and stuff like that is way easier, because there isn't a lot of union involvement with that

just end all laws that enforce unions
let them gather and negotiate
tolerate no violence or bs
arrest all protestors zip tie and fine keep em in woods until fine paid
any questions?

>tfw never wanted to join a union
Then don't join one?

He probably doesn't have much choice in whatever industry he works in.

Don't you go to a college for apprenticeship? Sounds messed up only local companies do, its definitely a conflict of interest

OP move to Utah, it's right to work, cost of living is way down from Cali, hardly any niggers outside of Salt Lake City, nice Mormon girl tits to stare at, and jobs aplenty.

Alright guys, I was for Hillary first, but now that I've seen the Nazis supporting her like Gaga, I think it's for the best if the Supreme Court confirmed the results. k

Enough, enough, enough! I'm a member of the alt-right and I can't even support this guy getting the nuclear codes. Seriously this has to be reconsidered.

You are forced to in some places.

What other countries have unions anyway, are we the only one?

There was a time when America's voice acting industry HAD to be unionized.

Could not work if you were not. Which is kind of ironic.

Union vs corporate was supposed to be a balancing act. And it was great until Unions started tilting the balance too far in their favor and suddenly they became the corporations...

lol

What are service countries are there?

Membership is mandatory. I don't even understand how this is even a thing.

My only issue working for the union is some of my coworkers are lazy fucks because they know it's almost impossible to get fired

It promotes lazy and hostility with management so nothing gets done.

Other then that though, unions are great

>It promotes lazy and hostility with management so nothing gets done.

Yeah, I hate this part.

Yes. You would take courses for a few hours on tuesday and thursday nights while you were apprenticing. The union even had a partnership set up with a local university to have the instructors actually come give the classes at one of their sites.

Like I said, it was a huge thing and virtually impossible to get your foot in the door without knowing someone.

Be a scab fuck union thugs.