Fuck Libertarians

Libertarians can never be allowed to control the government.

They want to abolish practically every federal commission, burough, and agency that they can get their hands on, because they feel the government has no say in our lives or businesses.

This includes things like the FCC. They've LITERALLY SAID they would abolish the FCC.

You know what this would cause? FUCKING CHAOS, THAT'S WHAT. If you don't regulate airwaves at a federal level then your airwaves are literally worthless. Each state would dictate them, each state would sell frequency space, with no guarantee that they could get the same spaces in each state. You'd have massive overlap, massive interference, and modern society would quite literally not be able to function.

As a cozy ham operator, I'm quite happy that the federal government not only enforces moderately clean air waves, but also allocates space for us individual citizens to use. Some of this frequency space doesn't even require a license to transmit in.

So fuck libertarians and their insane view that the government can't be allowed to do anything. They're wrong in so many ways, and this is one of many.

Other urls found in this thread:

voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/senate/randpaulcivilrightsact.html
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/11/22/we-dont-need-the-fcc-a-trump-advisers-proposal-to-dissolve-americas-telecom-watchdog/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can that run Minecraft on 60 FPS?

No, it's still a shitty unoptimized game.

>All Libertarians are Anarchists

That's not true. Some Libertarians are. Do you have proof that most Libertarians are Anarchists? I would find such proof surprising as the Libertarian Presidential candidate was not an Anarchist.

Fucking Rand Paul wants to abolish the FCC.

Case closed.

So what do you do? Just talk to people in other countries?

Who has said they would abolish the FCC? The FCC is one of the best government agencies.

I've never heard Ron Paul or Gary Johnson advocate such a thing. My dad works for the EPA at a quite high level and supported Ron Paul in 2012 because of his experience at work. Most government agencies are parasites.

>Rand Paul wants to abolish the FCC
source? I can't find a single source that says that.

>Case closed.
No, not at all. Rand Paul is not representative of literally ALL libertarians, much less than the majority of them seeing as how he backed Romney over his dad pretty early back in 2012.

This ham shed looks cozy as fuck; can you tell us about what you do

Libertarianism would be great if humans weren't such exploitative fuckwits...but they are, so it isn't.

You can talk to people near you and go to meet-ups to learn things, talk to people on the other side of your country, talk to people in other countries, talk to people on the other side of the world by skipping off the atmosphere at the perfect time of year, and even chat with astronauts on ISS.

Search Google for "libertarians abolish fcc" and see the results you get. Quite a lot of libertarians advocate for abolishing it.

That's what happens when you're engine runs java and you're running OpenGL

Neat. It's like Sup Forums, except I can't insult people with drawings of smug frogs.

I should also mention that you can transmit data in some frequency ranges, so you can slowly send images, send text chat in a hundred different ways, and even send/receive low quality video.

And of course, morse code.

It's all good practice for when natural disasters happen. Ham radio operators saved the day in New York on 9/11.

That is quite impressive... how did you stack the monitors ? Duct tape ? (just asking)

HAM will work when all the ATT cell towers are shut down by..... well, you know.

You can find extreme viewpoints within every group, user. They aren't necessarily representative of the rest of the group, and I'm pretty sure most informed libertarians don't want to abolish the FCC. Rand Paul most evidently doesn't; he just thinks they should have different rules. Anyway,
>accuses Rand Paul of wanting to abolish the FCC out of his ass
>expects me to take anything he says seriously

sage this shit thread. I bet you're a marxist or something...

You can find all kinds of multi-monitor mounts on Amazon for cheap. Whatever suits your setup.

The government has no say in our lives or businesses.
I want nothing to do with you. You want nothing to do with me.

you are an autist. That aside, please tell me you saged and if you didn't please sage

You say that, but when your cell phone doesn't work across state lines, and you need a different wifi router every where you go, and you'll think twice.

>Even worse, Paul bases his position on a restrictive interpretation of interstate commerce powers. If that interpretation of the Constitution were followed, there could be no federal funding for anything, including stuff like basic research, transportation systems, (no FAA, FCC, Transportation department) and a de facto dissolution of the United States. He wouldn't just abolish Medicare and Social Security if he had his way, he'd dismantle the whole of the federal government, except DoD.

Why did Al Eppo (L) start acting weird after he started to gain traction? It seems like he was the controller opposition and started to mess with Hillary Clinton's lead in the (((polls)))

Yeah I knew the basics, just didn't know if you have any specific focus

Not one bit - I don't use cell phones.
Landlines are fine.
I'd rather die than have bootlickers inject themselves in to other people's lives - you don't want to deal with me, and I don't want to deal with you, so it's in both of our interests to fuck off.

Alright guys, I was for Trump first, but now that I've seen the Nazis supporting him like Spencer, I think it's for the best if the Supreme Court overturned the results.

You sound like an autistic robot, if ever such an abomination were to be created.

>nonwhites take over federal government
>chaos anyway

the FCC should be abolished...its jsut there to censor TV, fuck them.

What a great response.
It's pretty fucking weird that you want to be in the same political union despite hating the freedom I want to violently force on you. You masochistic senpai?

Weak-ass bait, fgt. Work on it.

So that's all they do, eh?

Freedom means that as long as you and I are members of the United States that we have the ability to communicate freely using technology created in this century. And the only way to do that is federal regulation of air waves.

I don't expect autistic robots to understand that.

I also think it's very ironic that no matter where you try to hide, government-regulated frequencies are battering their way through your flesh at all times. Even you can't avoid the federal government, unless you live in a lead-lined box underground.

I think you've had enough lead exposure already though.

>Freedom means that as long as you and I are members of the United States that we have the ability to communicate freely using technology created in this century
Freedom does not entail that certain physical non-human phenomena necessarily function in any specific kind of way, nah.

Yeah, because when someone writes down on a paper "I am government and I have now made it illegal for you to breathe", the molecules that fly through the air, transferring force from one instance of space to another, until that force eventually reaches a molecule that's sufficiently near enough to my body that it has proverbial contact with me just ruins my life. How can I even compete?

>How can I even compete?

You don't. Kneel before Zod.

>The only way
Please clue me in to how you know this to be true? I don't know eBay gerrymandering is and sure it wouldn't work across state lines and I know there is no way to interrupt electrical signals AT ALL EVER
SO MAYBE YOU CAN CLUE ME IN SENPAI AS TO WHY FEDERAL REGULATION IS THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL WORK, SINCE GOOD KNOWS OR CRUMBLING INFRASTRUCTURE SITES HOW GOOD OF A JOB the FED MANAGES TO DO AT THE THINGS WE DECIDE TRIP THROW MONEY AT

Seriously though. Kys. U go from (device not found) to MANDATORY REGULATION with "necessary" enforcement. What's it like needing big brother your whole life? Faggot

>Not wanting to end the Federal Reserve
Nigga you dumb.

If you're here to spew empty rhetoric and memes you've always got Sup Forums - seems more up your alley, since substantive argument seems a bit beyond ya~

It's good to know that your source is the comment section of the Washington Post.
voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/senate/randpaulcivilrightsact.html

>Even worse
>worse
>implying
What a joke.

A list of potential things in your house that work through government-regulated frequencies:

Radio, Television, Satellite, Wifi, Cell Phone, Cordless Landline Phone, Blutooth devices, Walkie Talkies, police scanners, pagers, baby monitors, wireless security cameras, wireless doorbells, wireless video game controllers, etc, etc.

Now imagine the federal government doesn't regulate these things. Each state dictates frequency ranges for products or services. Each device has to work in your specific state, and if you lived along state borders, the interference would make most things unusable.

Yes, because they worded it perfectly.

Because there is no conversation that can be had with you. You're either a troll, insane, or an entitled kid who has no idea how the world works.

YOU CAN TALK TO ASTRONAUTS?

>make a claim
>the validity of the claim is questioned
>tell other people to look it up rather than validating your claim
wew

Anyways my mom has a HAM radio, it's pretty neat. Reminds me of that movie Contact with Jodie Foster

People on ISS routinely chat with ham radio operators.

Even if you're not chatting, you can receive its telemetry.

Oh shush, any reasonable person knows that the number of results I'm referring to is far easier seen for yourself than me stupidly linking a dozen cherry-picked things.

Calling people names and refusing to engage with any arguments they make is totally a winning strategy.
Always smear and never refute.
Which is why Hillary Clinton won the election - because she was a winning thinker, just like you.

>This includes things like the FCC. They've LITERALLY SAID they would abolish the FCC.
I would LOVE to see that happen. I can't tell you how much innovation I have personally watched disappear because of FCC. The regulations can be fucking insanely ridiculous in some cases. The cost of testing new innovative devices for compliance has doubled this year alone. I hope Trump does something about this. Not holding my breath though.

You have yet to dispute why the FCC should be abolished.

You using the internet shows that you're using modern technology. If you want to be a cave man, go be a cave man. If you want to use technology, then accept that federal regulation is necessary.

>I would LOVE to see that happen.

Ah, another person who has no idea what the FCC does.

I can't believe you're really that stupid
oh wait this is Sup Forums

It should be abolished because it's morally reprehensible to forcibly take money from people by threat of violence, which is how the FCC is funded.

Then your problem is not with the FCC, and therefore your opposition is a moot point.

If you're using a wireless keyboard, a wireless mouse, wifi, satellite internet, or anything similar, then you can thank the FCC.

>Then your problem is not with the FCC
Absolutely it is - the FCC takes people's money through violence.
The FCC therefore should not exist.
Hello?
Brain working there?

I bought a Baofeng UV5R, managed to listen in on provincial police, EMS, local ham. Pretty neat but I can't be arsed to take the course and get the license

You are one stupid motherfucker. Don't bother replying, blocking your ID is the only humane thing I can do.

Thanks for reinstantiating You're a winner senpai.

Just listening can be plenty fun. Unfortunately we're seeing a trend where police are encrypting their communications, probably in response to these cop killers tracking down where cops are.

The thing is that, when you make bold claims about someone, you need evidence to back them up. Like
>Rand Paul wants to abolish the FCC!
Not pure speculation on the comment section of a newspaper.
Hell my speculation is just as valid as this guy's, and my speculation is that Rand Paul is a reasonable Libertarian leaning Conservative and would not abolish the FCC.
You made a bold claim, you have no evidence to back it up, and instead listen to some guy on the comment section of a newspaper? Grow up.

>OP confirmed faggot

>a libertarian telling someone to grow up

Rand Paul is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He makes it sound like he wants to be reasonable, but if you listen to him carefully, he's not. He's nowhere close to reasonable. That's why I linked that comment. He's literally an extremist, like the majority of libertarians are at heart. You could literally convince them to abolish anything just by saying "muh gubment".

so you enjoy not being able to do high bandwidth radio transmission and censored speech?

I enjoy having air waves that aren't clobbered by a thousand morons all trying to do high bandwidth transmissions in places they shouldn't.

And there's literally no reason to swear over public air waves, although I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of that policy.

>a libertarian telling someone to grow up
I never said I was a Libertarian. Nice strawman and ad hominem.
I actually do not consider myself a Libertarian, thanks very much.
>Rand Paul is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He makes it sound like he wants to be reasonable, but if you listen to him carefully, he's not. He's nowhere close to reasonable. That's why I linked that comment. He's literally an extremist, like the majority of libertarians are at heart. You could literally convince them to abolish anything just by saying "muh gubment".
Well that's just like, your opinion man.
A random comment on The Washington Post isn't what you need to do. Honestly if you just said "hey I don't think he's reasonable, some people agree with me!" we'd be in the same situation. Instead you look like an idiot because you linked to a comment section of all places.
Imagine, if I decided to use Sup Forums as a fucking source for something, or the Youtube comment section. Clearly that was worthy of posting, and not a shitpost, dontcha think?

might be a public safety concern if someone's blaring Moonman on the emergency freqs all day senpai

Statist.
Invoking the idea of chaos to scare people and beleif in giving power to a small group of psychopaths to protect us from the tiny percentage of psychopaths in the world.

I don't look like an idiot, because I'm stating a simple fact. Libertarians hate the government. Libertarians hate paying taxes. Libertarians hate the government dictating things over states. Libertarians hate the government interfering in what companies can do.

That's literally the job of the FCC. They get in the way to make sure people and companies obey federal rules and regulations. Rules and regulations that benefit every single person from the US who's reading this thread.

Like I said, search Google, you'll find the overwhelming majority of arguments from Libertarians are in favor of abolishing it. And the ones who don't say it directly, listen to their speech. Listen to how they word what they would allow the government to fund, and then think about what that would affect.

>the FCC literally regulates all light in the US

Think this through, you idiot. They literally allow corporations to change the light that enters your home and then tell you that you have no right to alter that light or redistribute it as you see fit. Tell me how that isn't fucking tyranny.

>If I keep repeating my bullshit often enough, maybe they'll forget I have no proof!
Kill yourself

Yes, there are many Libertarians that would support banning the FCC, perhaps even the majority. But not all Libertarians.
The main thing is, Rand Paul. Does Rand Paul want to abolish the FCC? He's not a generic Libertarian. He's far more tame than his father for example. He also tends to have a more conservative bent on issues. Just because he is moreso on the Libertarian side does not mean he is for abolishing the FCC. It doesn't matter what most Libertarians think. The point is that your claim about Rand Paul is a dangerous and false attack on his character, in which you use a comment section to justify your accusation.
I do not know for sure whether or not he is for or against abolishing the FCC. I would imagine he'd want to limit the FCC's ability to stifle free speech (like curse words on TV, for example) but likely not abolish it.
Baseless accusations create witch hunts and a cult like mentality.
It is not ethical to attack one's character because you and some other guy in the Washington Post made an accusation based purely on speculation on Rand Paul.

>Ah, another person who has no idea what the FCC does.
Unfortunately, I'm quite familiar with what their policies do to small companies. It is to the point now, where no small startup would even think about getting into RF. The cost of regulatory testing for every new product will cost you the equivalent of at least one employee's salary for a whole year. This is especially true now that they will no longer accept test reports done overseas. I'm a Trump supporter. I hope he can figure out how to solve this apparent cognitive dissonance of regulatory testing being forced to the US (much higher cost) vs. less regulations (less cost). Making America Great Again is very dependent on this for me. For example, I'm developing a new product right now that will have only 30% of the features implemented in order to keep the cost to consumers down due. This is a direct result of the costs of regulatory testing.

>cuz halfing the totally inept, wasteful federal government is a bad thing

the least we can do is give them less money to piss away you retard

most government employees literally spend 90% of their time just sending emails

Seperation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reason as the separation of church and state. :DDDD

Hey OP, what do you need to get started with a radio thing? Can you make your own radio station and play music? I guess I could only use stuff in the public domain? Could I broadcast an opinion channel? How do you know if someone is listening? Have you made any friends doing this? Is there a type of person who does this? Are there common characters you run into talking on these things?

He doesn't care about taking an ethical stance, the mouth breather has decided that if you want limited government, then you are trying to personally destroy the FCC, and he's going to defend his ham radio from enemies that don't exist no matter what.

He's been repeating the same half-formed thought for 20+ replies in this thread and hasn't added a damn thing to the discussion since the OP, besides outing that he can't be bothered to look up a claim before saying it.

I don't see why a libertarian government wouldn't consider radio the same as land. You pay property tax according to the value of that real estate, or get it reallocated to someone who will.

Auctioning the frequencies regularly is a perfectly valid way of achieving this.

HAMs are big government cucks because they get special privileges like building huge antenna monstrosities in suburbs. Radio should be like evolution the strongest supply. Sorry senpai your watts just dont measure up ;)

>Libertarians hate the government dictating things over states.
uhh, are you legitimately retarded?

>You know what this would cause? FUCKING CHAOS, THAT'S WHAT.
It would actually only cause chaos for extremely outdated RF technology. New tech has many ways of sharing the spectrum. I don't think most tech really cares about the garbage HAM bands, so I don't really see what you are getting up in arms about. Stuff only really gets good about 400MHz or so. This is where the competition without bounds would be great. Anything > 400 MHz should be open to all in my opinion.

the FCC is the single greatest threat to a free and open Internet and wireless communication in general.

It needs to be abolished.

Paleolibertarians do. Big "L" beltway cucks are faux Libertarians who suck rhetoric federal goverments dick.

you won't need an FCC. all the spectrum will be sold to privateers, and when you trespass on it, private goons will show up to break your equipment and knees.

>They want to abolish practically every federal commission, burough, and agency that they can get their hands on, because they feel the government has no say in our lives or businesses.

They are right and they don't.

>FUCKING CHAOS, THAT'S WHAT.
Praise kek

>You'd have massive overlap, massive interference
Which would create demand for organization

>They want to abolish practically every federal commission, burough, and agency that they can get their hands on
Nothing wrong with that.
>you know what this would cause? FUCKING CHAOS, THAT'S WHAT.
Wrong. People lived without these parasitic government entities just fine. They will be fine now, as many of these agencies can be replaced with computer programs. There's literally no excuse for feeding bureaucracy.

Where did the OP go? doesn't want to debate this anymore? I keep checking in. About ready to give up for the night. I'll leave you with this. Consider how successful the 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz ISM bands have been without requiring any kind of oversight for consumer operation. This COULD be done for all frequencies. The part I'm complaining about is the cost of testing for compliance. It has become insane. Please Trump, make them either cheaper or go away. Small business is counting on you.

Good night.

>FCC MISSION & STRATEGY
>"The Nation's media regulations must promote competition and diversity and facilitate the transition to digital modes of delivery."

>" the Federal Communications Commission forbids the broadcast of "indecent" material on the public airwaves. The accidental exposure of Janet Jackson's nipple during the halftime show at Super Bowl XXXVIII led to the passage of the Broadcast Decency Enforcement Act of 2005 which increased the maximum fine that the FCC could level for indecent broadcasts from $32,500 to $325,000—with a maximum liability of $3 million. This is to shield younger individuals from expressions and ideas that are deemed offensive."

>This is to shield younger individuals from expressions and ideas that are deemed offensive.
>Shield individuals from ideas that are deemed offensive.

The FCC should only have the power to standardize the frequencies nationally. They should not have the power to censor ideas that they 'deem offensive'

wrong

HEY FUCKTARDS, LOOK AT THIS SHIT
>washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/11/22/we-dont-need-the-fcc-a-trump-advisers-proposal-to-dissolve-americas-telecom-watchdog/
EVEN TRUMP HATES THE FCC

fuck you commy
keep posting shit tho
make 2020 forgone conclusion against pocahontas! LOL

No. Fucking. Way.
getting HAM license asap now

what kind of devices do you work with?

fuck off, reddit

Sandy bridge could do that

I somewhat agree. Most libertarians I've talked to seem to be anarchists.

It's idealism over realism.

Ideally virtually no Gov't would be good.

Realistically virtually no Gov't would be the downfall of society.

why all the librarian hate?

anyway i'm glad you've revealed your fears

the broadcasting board of governors is probably shitting themselves now, donald's going to reveal their shillops on the public

I stand for minimising all public spending and government interference in everyday life.

Not abolishing the entire machine