Zumwalt broke down

>USS Zumwalt only made it to the Panama Canal while on its first journey to its homeport in San Diego. A malfunction left the warship in need of tugboats so that it could reach the closest port, where it remains under maintenance.

rt.com/usa/367866-uss-zumwalt-stealth-break-down/

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/2015/11/03/congress-forbes-courtney-stackley-moore-navy-naval-aircraft-carriers-ford-kennedy-enterprise-gap-middle-east-centcom-pacom/75119168/
navytimes.com/story/military/2015/07/30/richardson-hearing-confirmation-senate-mccain-gillibrand/30882305/
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-navys-dangerous-carrier-shortage-the-pacific-14848
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Burgers BTFO

why did you post a picture of empty water??

Sorry about that. New tech, we'll get it fixed.

This will not provide any interruption to your ongoing protection services, everyone else. Thank you.

>tfw watching a show about the new Littoral ships and one of them has 2 fucking cannon malfunctions in the same mission

Who is building this shit and why?

Akari~n.

>American engineering

I don't give a fuck what science says, I know the russians could find a way kick our asses in a war

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HOW MANY BILLIONS DID YOU GIVE THE KIKES FOR THIS TRASH

Is that the ship built out of 9/11?

>Idiots thinking massive systems should work like their iPhone.
Fucking alt right nu males get a job

That's sexy as fuck

ima leak sum shit. the stealth ship can be sunk with a ak47 and 2 full clips no green tips. radar stealth requires a portion of "soft materials not steel. steel will send shit back but allow it to pass through. the deflection angles are shit and not steep enough to matter

if it crashed at fill speed into a reef that was a foot below the water it would sink not get stuck.

>American """""""""""""engineering"""""""""""""

It's a stealth longboat.

Can sail straight up to the Pentagon or Buckingham Palace if need be.

>don't worry we're totally raping your taxes for a good reason
>shit doesn't even function
murica

Thanks snowden

your ancestors would be proud of such a proficient raiding vessel

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER

BILLION

DOLLARS

Makes F-35 look much better.

It's weird they put so much effort into making the deck gun LO and then just stuck a bunch of shit on the back. I guess it's not a problem if you're sailing directly towards the enemy but how often are you doing that?

>the ramp
gets me every time

is this the fucking star destroyer

no windows.

vampire boat.

NO BULLY

According to a british science-television host: "we've seen it before, churches will burn and women will disappear".

>yfw that's enough money to build a major city's infrastructure

>4 billion dollar shitbox

Fuck paying taxes, I'm going to be a hobo

DELET THIS

My Iphone did not cost 22,5 billion to develop, my Iphone didn't take more than ten years to build.
Teere is no excuse for this, get your shit together.

russian steam boat broke down today. most important carrier they have.

oh shit brb with russian vpn

lol, one ship out of their entire fleet is shitty. They could crush you in 3 days tops using only their Navy.

It'll take us millions of lives and lots of effort, though.

>rusia
>important carriers
ffs

Why? It's so they don't have to use a catapult.

Its two times older then you bro. And here we have brand new ship with stealth and 100 miles motor resource.

Why do so many people care about these dumb ships.

>hurr looks like starfox
>hurr le ramp

Capitalism needs tons of corporate welfare.

quite the Stockholm Syndrome you got there, ya' chink.

>mfw it only takes 2 bombs to make Japan drop the panties

Don't call the burgers out on their retarded carrier design, it's a sensetive subject to them.
Like the space race.

Right now that piece of rust that is russias only carrier is removing kebab as she was built to do.
100% of the Aircraft carriers that russia owns are blowing the fuck out of mudslimes

What are the American carriers doing right now?
Regan is in port near the Philippians
Eisenhower is bombing mudslimes

George bush is doing nothing
Nimitz is doing nothing
Vinson is doing nothing (until 2017)
Truman in port doing nothing
Stennis training/doing nothing
Lincoln has been doing nothing since 2012
Roosevelt has been doing nothing and will continue doing nothing until 2018
Washington was taken out of port where it was doing nothing since 2015 to aid hurricane relief, after which it will go back to doing nothing until 2018
Gerald R Ford is breaking down and being rebuilt and is a year over due and unlikely to be ready until 2018

10.5 carriers, 1 Carrier, 10% of the fleet is removing kebab.

>mfw it only takes 2 pennies to make a gypsy drop the panties

Ahh of course I scroll up and see both memes already present ITT.

Well they still need to land a helicopter on the back.

well are you going to post a picture of the ship or not?

Littoral idiots.

>mfw mattis says you need more ships
BAH GAWD THAT MANS A FORTUNE TELLER

Really, it's not working hypersuperwell after all the billions of taxpayer money invested into it? How could this possibly be!

>mfw it only takes 2 torpedoes to buttfuck your navy.

HB1 poo in loos

>implying
The reason Japan gave up was Russia going on the offensive in Manchuria. They were ready to negotiate before the bombs dropped and we did nearlybas much damage to other Japanese cities with conventional bombing.

They knew surrendering to us allowed them to keep the northern islanda and the emperor. If they let Russia rampage it would have been catastrophic.

Dropping those nukes is the biggest stain on my nation's history, which is saying something considering how much horrible shit we've done.

That being said, countries like Australia and Sweden talking shit about the US military is comical.

Shh, Vadim, let him think air carriers are relevant.

Because, lord Maximillian Teethrot, navy is suddenly in the news and we have something fun to measure national dicks through.

To be fair, US' carriers are more effective at the removing overall since the pilots have much, much more experience.
Plus US doesn't have to explain why they're bombing someone nor do shitty humanitarian organizations go 'muh civillians'

>mfw burgers run on a carrier deficit according to their doctrine
>mfw they can't even project enough power to protect the existing trade routs and hot zones

Truly a Navy to behold

It takes none, we steal it, you halfbred metisto monkey

>b-but the admiral kutnetsov is shit! muh put put put!
I love it when Americans try to shit on the Russians

Arent delays and extra costly repairs text-book money laundering?

What is the money going to really?

CIA programs?
Corruption?
Ayy lmaos?

Bleeding edge technology has early glitches? Who could have imagined!

The Patriot missile battery actually had a pretty lousy record during the first Gulf War because they used it to do something it wasn't meant to - shoot down SCUDs. But the propaganda made it out to be a SCUD killer.

Now? It is actually a very capable anti missile system after generations of refinement.

The Osprey used to crash and kill Marines seemingly once every 6 months.

Now there's over 200 in service and its problems have been largely worked out.

In 5-10 years all the growing pains will be forgotten about and the Zumwalt will be a railgun toting OP death machine.

UNDERRATED

TOP BANTZ.

You japs still fucking your mums?

>Nuclear powered carrier
The real meme
For every active nuclear carrier you need 3 more in refit/refuelling/traveling. For the 10 CVN's you have you only get 2 active, without the 11th you will have a gap soon where you will only have one on station.
10 Nuclear carriers
1 active.

>There is no US carrier operating today in the Middle East, a situation that is the product of several years of high-tempo operations and the need to catch up on major maintenance put off to sustain that pace. Carriers have been absent before, the last time was in 2007, but this gap has caught a lot of people's attention, even more so as another will occur in 2016 in the Pacific operating area.
defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/2015/11/03/congress-forbes-courtney-stackley-moore-navy-naval-aircraft-carriers-ford-kennedy-enterprise-gap-middle-east-centcom-pacom/75119168/

>When the carrier Theodore Roosevelt leaves the Persian Gulf this fall, U.S. Central Command will be without a flattop for as long as two months 2015
navytimes.com/story/military/2015/07/30/richardson-hearing-confirmation-senate-mccain-gillibrand/30882305/

>The U.S. Navy is facing a looming shortage of aircraft carriers in the Western Pacific and the Middle East this year going without an aircraft carrier for months.
>“There is no easy way to take a ten-carrier force and operate it like you have sixteen, at some point the wheels will come off the cart.”
>In recent years the U.S. Navy’s carrier force has shrunk to only ten ships. The Navy is required to operate eleven carriers by law, but the Pentagon applied for a waiver to keep only ten ships in service.
>The gap between Enterprise’s retirement and Ford’s entry into service is much longer than anyone had anticipated. “It was supposed to be a fourteen-month gap at ten carriers and now the gap will be almost eight years
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-navys-dangerous-carrier-shortage-the-pacific-14848

>russias only carrier is removing kebab as she was built to do.
It was actually built to provide fighter screen for missile cruisers (and to be a missile cruiser itself).

It should have been replaced by nuclear Ulyanovsk-class 10 years ago, but stuff happened.

>OMG ANOTHER SHIP SANK LOLOLOL

Doesnt matter during PEACETIME FAGGOT

REMINDER:

>LARGEST DEFENCE BUDGET

NOW ANSWER THIS POLL

pIC UNRELATED

>dat hipster minimalistic gayboat

I hate modern navy

I remember an article where somebody calculated that one of these would cost 200 trillon $.

But do the machine guns need to be on fixed steel mounts and does the railing need to be made of steel posts and chains? They should both be retractable for maximum stealth and generally being 20% more Bond villiany.

Railguns will suck for as long as we don't suddenly discover new, far more efficient means of storing energy.
And Osprey is like an autistic child. Sure, it might seem normal, but you know it will never do what it was meant to do as good as its normal classmates.

>TFW you'll never serve on a glorious WW2 battleship in a huge fleet

Technology might be effective, but it makes everything look gay.

Fucking stealth meme. Any first grade radio-technic student knows this shit will never work but fuck logic we will spend gorillions of money for nothing.

I don't care about reddit tier faggots.

Sweet ramp.

Thanks for the articles, read them a couple of days ago but forgot to bookmark. That's exactly why I was making fun of them. They are always projecting themselves as having so many carriers, not knowing that most of them are to be refitted or are close to breakdown.

In the meanwhile, they are making fun of Admiral Kuznetzov for not being nuclear powered. Unbeknownst to their little minds, they forget that Admiral Kuznetzov was built in the Black Sea Region, where there's a standing treaty of nuclear proliferation - no nuclear powered ships can enter the straits.

Also, compare the specs for any US carrier and Admiral Kuznetzov. The latter is a fucking tank, designed to whitstand direct attacks, and it also has more than 50 different missiles on board, ready to be launched (anti-air, anti-ship, anti-sub, anti-land)

>b-b-but muh US navy

This, in any real war gunboats will be much more important than carriers.
All the U.S. Is good at is bombing brown countries that have marginally effective airforces

Be happy you got something ship-looking instead of picrelated.

The Ospreys have been doing a lot of awesome stuff for a while. They give you two huge advantages, speed and range. Their combat deployment record has them safer than any transport helicopter by the numbers.

When I was in the Army we had USMC pilots insert us on a few operations because the Osprey provided exactly what we needed.

More bantz from the article:

The unusually angular warship, shaped to evade radar detection, endured “minor cosmetic damage” when it collided with canal walls, the Portland Press Herald reported.
>muh stealth ports

It was on its way to San Diego, where it would join the US 3rd Fleet and be ready for action in 2018 after some weapons systems are installed.
>muh railguns?

wtf kind of name is "Zumwalt"

my money says its a hoax

...The ocean? I think you posted the wrong pic OP there is no boat

Trips of truth.
Problem with it is that it is old and has been left or rot for years, its sisters sold to Indians and Chinese.
New ones will be similar but bigger, I heard.

looks like our planet can dish out 1 of these every 8 years by only redirecting 25 % of yearly gdp.
Build it!

In the meantime, that smoky Admiral Kuznetsov is pounding ISIS affiliated "moderate rebels" into dust.

I-It's just a minor technical glitch!! SHUT UP

I remember there was a period in late 90s-early 00s when ships in every videogame would look like this.

>
NUKES MAKE ALL DISCUSSION OF WINNING LOSING MOOT RUSSIA IS WEAK AND GETTING WEAKER BUT NUKES DO NOT EVER GET WEAKER

That was our prototype, looks like they didn't scrap it.

Can't wait for the next USS Tyrone or USS Laquisha

It's ok tho, Admiral Kuznetzov is not even the flagship :)

>mfw the submarine is the flagship

it's a real boat, if thats what you're debating.

What satanic monstrosity is this?!

>RUSSIA IS WEAK AND GETTING WEAKER
I don't follow this line of thought. Do you honestly think Russia is now weaker than in 1995? 2000? 2005? 2010?

Underrated post

>they
You mean anonymous trolls on a indonesian sock puppet theater board?

Relax Romania, no one has anything to prove here. Especially not Romania.

The Russian nuclear arsenal would BTFO you harder than you can even imagine breh.

At least it only broke down and did not just sink outright.

feathers don't sink

You don't get it, do you?

give me 1 good reason we should protect international trade?

Also give me another good reason why we should stop the Saudis and Iranians killing eachother?

see above, also:
>refueling a nuke carrier
>bongs are THIS retarded

YES, DECADES OF CUMULATIVE BRAIN DRAIN, ECONOMIC HOLLOWING OUT, FRAGILE SHELL OF FORMER SELF

And you havent updated yours since 70's and you need 1 trillion $ to modernize the entire system.

We have nuclear everything including nuclear ship cannon shells

They planned to if the news I took the pic from are not lying.
While definitely fast it lacks in armor and armamnents. So unless you want to deploy with nearly no means of making sure locals don't greet you with free bullets, you'd need a couple support helicopters.
So speed is already off the table.
Can it comfortably for the crew fly on 6km?

Precisely as would the reverse. Are we devolving into basic understanding of MAD now?

Russia is plenty strong right now. More than that your experience continues to grow so your pilots, sailors and soldiers are getting the things money can't buy.

I hope relations really do improve and US and Federation forces get back to cross training. I worked with some of your more salty airborne and SOF types before I discharged and before Obama fucked it all up. Some really awesome knowlege and skillsets were transferred. Both sides really got a lot out of it and given the depth of both nation's experience in COIN and conflict in general, there's still a lot to be gained.