If Trump manages to build "The Wall", what's keeping the next president from just tearing it down?

If Trump manages to build "The Wall", what's keeping the next president from just tearing it down?

Efficiency

You just don't waste money destroying what you've spent money to build unless you're Paul Krugman.

The construction+demolition costs are.

trump will post a sticky note on it
"pls no tear"

The fact that there is no good reason to do so (either it works and thus helps the nation, or it doesn't and thus does nothing at all) and deconstruction is expensive, too.

That Wall's gonna become very important in the coming decades when climate change drives more and more migrants into the northern hemisphere

>what's keeping the next president from just tearing it down?

1) Cost. Clearing it will be nearly as expensive as building it.

2) I really doubt any new president will have the balls to tear down a wall. The explicit statement that they don't care about border security, that they WANT illegal immigration, is just too much.

3) I thought the wall was pointless anyway because they were just tunnelling under and climbing over?

Trumpfags btfo

Don't you fuckers have a wall?

Doesn't peoples view on efficiency differ depending on their ideology and political standing? The next president will most likely be in opposition of Trumps policies, just as Trump is in opposition of many of Obama's and other democrats' policies.

Krugman / Clinton 2020

We have a fence. Mind that its like 100km long. Even then 100-200 illegals cross it daily, and we have thousands of people there guarding it.

What's keeping Mexicans from just tearing it down?

They are lazy

We have an epic fence

>dragging a ladder across the desert
nothing is 100% secure of course but a wall or even a fence is an effective obstruction/deterrent

you need to add landmines

Demolishing is hard work.

They're 5'5" and obese

Effort.

Next president?

Trump is an emperor, there's no next president.

Because destroying something costs even more money you absolute twat

This isn't a videogame, you can't just click "sell building" and watch the stone and metal disappear. At worst it will not be maintained anymore, and will deteriorate over a long period of time

Kanye won't tear it down.

Where's the 14mm Gun on that BTR?

Nah, just shoot them on sight. An illegal border crossing of large, partially armed groups of people should be considered an act of war.

What about cartels? They have already dug tunnels so couldn't they destroy the wall?

You mean president Milo?

can't tell if this is a real post...
to do that they would be admitting they want to flood illegals in, which right now they just act as though they're not doing anything about it
also, that would be a massive waste of money

Me gusta. I love seeing keynesians made fun of.

And then the rods at Fukushima will cuddle and the northern hemisphere is fucked.

People will become used to the wall and get a tangible sense of security from it.

It would be the end of the candidacy for any future candidate for President who proposes tearing it down.

>The next president will most likely be in opposition of Trumps policies,

The next president will be trump.

>just as Trump is in opposition of many of Obama's and other democrats' policies.

Because Obama's policies were terrible. When trumps policies actually work, he's gonna win biggly

Also achmed, the wall is never going to come down for the same reaso that mandatory minimums never go down. It'll be political suicide to tear it down. Nothing says "I don't care about my country" like making its borders LESS secure.

That's why a wall was genius, but liberals cant think a step ahead.

Can't tell if trollig.

We know how to detect tunnels. Now that we are going to actually be allowed to guard our border, tunnels are easy to collapse with some c4.

t. played with explosives in iraq

the fact that it is a beneficial piece of infrustructure.
nothing stops the president from tearing down the highway system, except the fact that it would be insane to do so

The wall just got 10 feet deeper

MR TRUMP TEAR DOWN THIS WALL

>Warrant void if removed.

Consider the following:
> cartel steals truck
> fills it with explosives
> sensor thing at the front triggers explosion upon tough collision
> install remote control into truck (it's not that hard or expensive)
> truck is sent towards wall at 100mph speed
What now?

Make the foundations 5 meters deep and make it 10 meters tall with barbed wire and reinforced concrete to withstand tank blasts and guard towers every 100 meters

no way Ivanka would want to do that

repair the 500 dollars worth of damage a car bomb did to a concrete wall.

this isnt hard

>mexicans
>working
yeah no

The wrath of KEK. Also, what justification would they have? "Let's demonstrate how non-racist we are by removing an existing wall that only impedes illegal immigrants"? Once the wall stands, they'd have to be open about their intentions of enabling illegals. They will no longer be able to avoid the debate by calling the other side "racists" or to claim that it's an impractical waste of money.

Something called "war".

Mexico would be blown of the fucking map and btfo so hard.

Annex Mexico

>gun them down
>repair wall
how is this difficult? your ridiculous hypothetical could happen anywhere to any other target

List of reasons:

-Shit will cost money to take down. Lots. Won't be worth commiting political suicide.

-American citizens desperately want it.
Illegals and their commie sympathizers are the only creatures who think the wall is a bad idea. Their reasons are also childish, naive, malicious, selfish, or any combination of such concepts.
The next president will be universally hated and will not survive to a second term if they actively sabotage their own countrymen like this.

-It will be super effective

And before you compare this in any way to Obamacare, kindly go fuck yourself.
That worthless toilet paper has murdered the working class and has brought this country to it's knees because of all the incentives for employers to mistreat their employees.
It is simply not comparable to a fucking concrete wall that keeps the cockroaches out.

This.

A hole in the wall anywhere along the border ain't gonna be a problem. It would be fixed quick smart.

His father will be very mad at him.

Eric/DT jr 2024

>tfw not only they will build a wall, but they will force Mexico to give control to America of a land strip 5 km wide into mexican territory to be patrolled by american authority

I've seen retard leftists trying to break this wall down in their minds a hundred times.

"They will just blow it up", bitch steel reinforced concrete. Shockwaves bounce off it.

Achmed, are you a retard? Do you not know how layered defense works?

Mexican intellectuals btfo by a ditch.

Themselves.

Also guns.

>No Walls

Will be the slogan of the next dem candidate

> Why isn't it called Annexico?

Pissed off Americans that want their tax money back for destroying their investment.

They don't have to tear it down physically

They'll just implement the North American Union. Free visas for everyone like Canada is doing with Mexico

How can people possibly be so short sighted

If it is a leftist, she will do it. Just out of spite, even if it works fine.

> 3) I thought the wall was pointless anyway because they were just tunnelling under and climbing over?

Shock censor/detectors.

>next President

>all the incentives for employers to mistreat their employees.

I wish more people would realize this. There are pages and pages of part time work to be found in my area but no one wants you to work more than 29 hours a week because of the Obamacare rules for benefits. Fucking nigger is such an asshole.

You know Trump will be the one who tears it down right?

>Look at all these goddamn glorious jobs I created building the wall

>But now it's time to heal. Mexico...TEAR DOWN THIS WALL

>(using U.S. contractors)

Hell, he'll probably pick a fight with Canada, then claim they need a northern wall, then claim he's going to recycle the old Mexican wall because he cares about the environment, and you'll need another jobs bill to create a Wall Transport Superhighway.

Everyone will be winning bigly for the next 50 years.

If you stop mexicans coming over the boarder, they win

Such an odd platform to run on.

>We are going to tear down this wall and bring back a flood of undocumented immigrants and heroin, now who is with me?

Political suicide to say we don't care about borders.

Even under Obama it didn't happen. I don't see that happening without us losing our gun rights.

Nothing, same way nothing prevents Trump from undoing all of Obamas policies.

>Political suicide to say we don't care about borders

Millenials dont care about the borders. They almost all voted for Shillary, and they are the growing demographic, since the generation after them will be just as indoctrinated as this one.

Essentially this is a losing battle.

>tfw Trump closes the Mexican ladder factories and begins exporting them back to Mexico, then they have to open more ammunition factors because of the extra wall jumpers they have to shoot, and he even builds a slant so the bodies slide to the U.S. side so now undertakers are making a fortune and so are former Ice Cream Truck drivers who now rebrand as corpse transport vehicles

EVERYONE IS WINNING

All the libtards and undocumented immigrants.

If trumps smart he will make the wall out of pure titan going very deep into the ground, like 20 meters, which will make it pretty much impossible to destroy with our current technology.
The wall should also be about 6 meters thick and in the middle, there will be a hollow pocket which will be filled with highly radioactive material which will make it impossible for anyone to get close enough to the wall to destroy it without dying

Achmed, or these.

There is a 0% chance that "the wall" will be built.
If it were, it would be a gift for the next president, who would win the Latino vote forever by blowing up some key sections of it in a televised celebration.

More like
>If Trump manages to build "The Wall", what's keeping the next Mexican from just tearing it down?

It needs maintenance and thats the worrisome part.

It's too hot and they're sleepy.

Plus that's only going to mean some Yankee will have to put it back up, and that's just going to add to the annual Wall bill Mexico has to pay.

Thank you I feel so fucking validated right now.

Whenever I see an uninformed retard praising Obamacare my fucking blood boils. That shit would have killed this country if left unchecked.

the succes of the wall

>I've seen retard leftists trying to break this wall down in their minds a hundred times.

"Walls don't work" but for some reason they lock their front door when they leave the house.

>Bigly wall
>Tight border control

>cocaine and meth skyrocket in price

They're probably going to show the Americans the best place to put the wall.

That sounds like a great way to add a couple trillion to the national debt.

Why a wall and not just a ditch?

Repair the wall.

Sell Mexican cartels a new truck and plastic explosives.

Everyone wins.

Make the wall out of plutonium so you can't go near it.

That's true, walls don't work.

That's why you have to deport too.

Well shit, that's a 100% equivalent comparison.

Consider the following

>IRA steals a truck
>Fills truck with explosives
>remote drives the truck into British parlament

This is how stupid you sound.

>next president

People who like undocumented immigrants and heroin, I suppose.

If he's smart he will use australian iron ore to produce steel in the rust belt, and contruction jobs down south.

The wall is a massive stimulus to the economy, including the ramped up military equipment production.

>next president

Wasn't there a prophecy which says a black will be the last president of America?

It's Emperor Trump turn. There will be no presidents after him.

More like God Emperor

To be fair, it pretty much is.

>I don't like borders

>You have a fucking door on your house, don't you?

It sounds like reductio ad absurdum, but it's really not.

>Wall

Sure. But that's just another form of border control. Those opposed to the Wall are nearly always opposed to border control as a concept (or borders as a concept).

Which is just as stupid as being opposed to doors on homes.

Did you lernstress that from recent happenings?

>t. played with explosives in iraq

Did you precede the fun times with allah akbar?

Actually I have faith that the degeneracy of the current generation will disgust the mext one due to our efforts to figh against the darkness.

I don't believe this is a losing battle. Hard yes. But not lost.

We will never stop trying to bring the light to the masses. With time they will see how much of their world is shrouded in darkness.

For all that the light touches, casts a shadow.

He's the people's champion.

The Wall is the new Rubicon.