Debate time, Sup Forums

Debate time, Sup Forums.

Pros vs Cons of marijuana being legalized. Its hard to deny the positive aspects of the industry (economically), however it is a degenerate habit when overdone. Throw your facts out there- tables, statistics, stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABhyKEK-CDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

These people make me a bit sick

Just got a computer science degree, got a scholarship for 2017, wrote two novels this year (for personal hobby, not publishing) and became part of Golden Key society. I smoke everyday.

Weed doesn't make you degenerate. Degenerate people were always degenerate even without weed.

>Degenerate habit when overdone

So basically it's like anything else including Food, Sleep, and Sex (the primary functions of creatures)

As someone who has helped many people get off REAL drugs (like Heroin, Meth, Alcohol, etc) using ONLY Cannabis, I fail to see how fighting off potential and occasional degeneracy is worth billions a year.

The reason the cartel exists is because of a bad Border and the prohibition of a medicine which millions of Americans use despite their "legal obligation" to find a possibly dangerous pharmaceutical solution to any one of over 700 diseases and conditions solved by it.

You are degenerate and disgusting. Literally neck yourself, nigger.

Is CBD oil any good? How do I use it?

I think it is degenerate, but so is alcohol so why not let people self-destruct as needed?

Pros: keep stoners eternally butthurt
Cons: listen to stoners complain about it

Suck a fat dick kike bitch

Eat it... But it's mainly for sleeping. The THC has 20 times the anti-inflammatory effect of Aspirin and despite swamp nigger claims does not cause long-term brain problems.

Still, CBD oil alone will stop seizures and Parkinson's symptoms so it's probably on par, medically, with THC.

And I mean pros & cons of keeping it illegal.

It's degenerate, but the police could and should be focusing their attention on way more important things. Legalize it and let's get our priorities in order.

We are all aware that some people can smoke and get their shit together. The majority don't do this user. The culture that surrounds it is disgusting and should not be allowed, damn hippies. Nixon was right

Do you understand the definition of the word "degenerate"? I am literally contributing to society everyday, not degenerating it. Did you learn a new word on Sup Forums and now want to use it all the time to fit in?

fiction or nonfiction? The novels, not your tale.

I use CBD oil in my vape.

Yeah people with debilitating conditions all over the US are just stoners. Those 4 year olds with cluster headaches? Fuck 'em, we want the Opiate industry to win. AFter all everyone who isn't like me must have been a lazy nigger to be in a worse situation. Get a clue

The majority of smokers are discreet, hence you don't know they exist. The only ones you see are the retards because they're the vocal minority. Redpill yourself homie, you've been lied to.

Everything should be legalized, you tight ass honkeys.

>anti-inflammatory
I want it for this reason, so THC is better than CBD then?

Yeah, fuck em. Stay assblasted.

I haven't been lied to. I am a college student and from my freshman year to senior year of high school I was a big pot head. At the end of my senior year it started making me paranoid and then i've really redpilled myself about it since then. What it comes down to is that its just another way to null your consciousness. Spending way too much money on a substance like that is indeed a degenerate move. For most, it makes the individual feel OK being bored. Should be doing something good with your life but instead gonna watch TV and smoke weed with friends

if you smoke pot over 30 you're unsalvagable trash

I would say so... Personally I smoke a small amount in the morning and small amount in the late-afternoon/night.

Keeping the amount low (and never increasing, ever) allows your body to use the THC to its advantage. Also, when you are high, do lots of stretching and isometric exercise; this will allow you to become accustomed to using your anti-inflamed state to actually fix parts of your body (such as the joints, tendons, and muscles of injured areas)

It's another drug for the mind to get distracted by. It's like another cup of cofee and cigarette or a long movie. I smoke weed and life becomes a movie.

I say ban it along with all mind altering substances. That includes water and oxygen.

Kys

>u hungary bro?

Any intoxicant can be abused.

The degeneracy lies in the abuse, not the intoxicant.

Throw as much medical bullshit out there but in the end you know you only smoke weed to get 'high'. Don't try to fool us

cheers, I must research a little more, i would be interested in digesting the THC without the high.

unless you're a pleb being high doesnt really change your schedule. I'm still going to do the same shit I was before, the only diifference is I'm high as shit which is way more fun.

Pros:
>Increase in civil liberties
>Reduction of prison burden
>Increase in tax revenue
>Reduction in organized crime
>Reduced incentive for 3rd world immigration

Cons:
>Muh degeneracy
>Neopuritans upset

There is literally nothing wrong with the legalization of Marijuana as long as we find a new thing to imprison minorities over.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABhyKEK-CDg

Or you could eat it and bypass the degeneracy of getting high and smoking.

And the tale.

Hungry joke
>weed told me that would be funny

it's not

Eating cannabis still produces psychoactive effects. Longer lasting and more intense to boot.

ITT edgy 14 year olds
must be red ribbon week or something

Honestly, I want it legalized so I can smoke it again. I want controlled THC levels.

I'm an old fag and have fond memories of relaxing and having fun with my friends with a buzz.

I tried some recently and, quite frankly, it's way, way, way too strong. I mean...I was off somewhere in outer space and couldn't even function. I did some research on the topic and I was reading that back in '67 or so, summer of love era, THC content in a single joint was somewhere around 3% and today it's closer to 30-33%. By no means am I an expert on the topic and have no point of reference to know if that's true or not.

I'd just really like to be able to know how high I'm getting, you know what I mean?

That's one reason I like alcohol. I know what the ABV or proof is and I know approximately how much I'm able to drink without getting out of hand.

Again, just an observation, but I think this is an underrated aspect that even people who want to see it legalized should be pushing for, and would go a long way toward the final tipping point in the general public.

not my problem if i do better at life high than you could hope to do sober

Instead of deporting illegals, lock em up. Welcome to America, Juan

This map is silly.

I really like this idea. I feel like tolerance levels for marijuana vary in many different ways than alcohol

Haha butthurt black who thought he was the origin of weed.

Oh shit an intelligent poster

First of all, you're right to think that THC levels have increased. However, the 'improvement' is nowhere near as drastic as the NIDA figures would suggest - the data from the 60s is compounded both by the inclusion of sticks, stems and other non-consumed items as well as the seizure of almost exclusively low-quality Mexican cannabis during that time period. NIDA didn't stop including stems and such in their analysis until the late eighties if I recall correctly.

Korea is over gramps.

If you're against gun control it makes no sense why you would be against legalizing drugs.

Prohibition doesn't work.

Marijuana needs to be sold on par of alcohol - specifically the beer & wine model.

Nice facts, man. 4/20 post.

I'd like to start my own delivery service

People who make a living off marijuana are degenerates but I do think it should be legalised and industrialized, and regulated so retards dont over-do it

No, we deport illegals. The other minorities we have to lock up, at least for now.

Pros: tax money
Cons: your states homeless population will explode

Let those other faggot states be martyrs for the legal weed experiment. I'm still ordering my wax carts off the darknet for a little more than legal state prices.

Certainly not. I'm saying marijuana was in Jamestown in 1611. George Washington grew it himself.

Like I said, I'm not saying I have any actual in depth knowledge on the subject of how the whole process actually works. I'm just saying that as an outside observer and somebody who's not against the legalization of marijuana. I just don't smoke it anymore because I have no idea how high I'm going to get and, as an old fag, I know many others who feel the same. Some sort of regulation (i.e. the way alcohol is) like I suggested would go a long way in convincing the public that maybe we can truly give it a shot.

The "everbody reacts different" is a key problem with the legalization. One aspect of alcohol that isn't often brought up by marijuana enthusiasts is that, because of the way it works (you generally know how much you can drink before you're going to get drunk), it transfers the burden of responsibility to the user. Take driving drunk, for example. If a person goes out to a bar and gets loaded and drives, the burden of responsibility is (mostly) on them because they, essentially, know how much they can drink before they get drunk. Whereas if someone goes out and is offered some pot and they're sent off into outer space and get behind the wheel, that's a legalization problem that needs to be addressed.

Driving while under the influence of cannabis is already illegal.

I know, but are the tests effective enough to where they know someone is not under the influence?

Meaning if I smoke the night before and drive in the morning, will the tests show the same?

Regardless, my main point is really just knowing how high I'm going to get. That'd be great. I'd like to live in that world.

There are tests that directly detect THC levels in the mouth and saliva which can be administered at the roadside. They aren't widespread yet though since drug driving is so rare.

Legal market is nice. Wish it was cheaper though. But, we can grow our own here in Oregon, so thats nice.

Wasn't really sure how to smoke this stuff.

>There are tests that directly detect THC levels in the mouth and saliva which can be administered at the roadside. They aren't widespread yet though since drug driving is so rare.

That's great to know. I didn't know these were hitting the market, yet. Thanks.

ur meant 2 inject bro

Nah, I tried to smoke like this.

But ended up doing this for a bit. Was pretty harsh.

I can't wait until it gets more legal. Once these regulations kick in here in California and things are running smoothly here I have quite a few really strong ideas.

Let's view this from leadership perspective.

Pros:
>People get more happy
>It makes dumb people stay dumb so they are easier to manipulate with.
>Moar tax money
Cons:
>Happy people generally don't have alot of worries,not recommended for shtf situations
>Junkies are functionally useless
>If you're into corrupt shit you lose possible profit from confiscating and reselling weed.

I'd personally restrict the fuck out of it and allow consumption only in coffeeshops and for medical use.

I'm not sure where I stand on weed. I know that it has minimal health risks (and potential benefits) but it really does change the way a person acts. Even if it's not full-on DUDE WEED "culture" (people who participate in that should be killed) it makes smart people retarded.
A good friend of mine used to be sharp and pretty aware, pretty much a normal guy (he was my rommate first year of school) then started smoking a ton, multiple joints every day. He still functioned and made fine grades, but he just shuffled around and mumbled and would be super irritable if he hadn't smoked that day. He wasn't interesting to talk to or hang out with, he became boring and apathetic. I imagine that a lot of the "I smoke all the time but I'm totally fine" peopl are the same (if not as extreme) and don't realize it. I think it's fine to smoke once in a while, like a joint on the weekends or something, but I think that doing it as a habit is more harmful than people think, it "slows you down" mentally.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
Are you serious nigger?
You smoke that shit in a glass rig, you can get small ones as cheap as $30-40.
Dont smoke that shit on aluminum foil or a water bottle. Holy shit thats the most retarded smoking method for concentrates ive ever seen

To all the old-timers who live in a State where it is legal and want to smoke but are afraid of the potency: just go to the weed store. Budtenders are generally very friendly and knowledgable people. If you want something that is less potent, they will likely have it. Some stuff they sell around here is ~5% THC, but most people go for the stuff ~20% THC. Sativa is more uplifting high, indica is more of a relaxing high. Also, make sure that whatever you buy has some amount of CBD, even if it is ~1%, because the CBD is anti-psychotic and it helps keep the paranoia that some people feel when getting high down. But some people like that feeling, so its really up to you.

I only smoked a little bit of it like that before I tried something different. What I ended up doing was cleaning a downstem 100% and then using a torch to get the bowl hot and smoked that way. Worked a hell of a lot better than the foil and was less harsh. I might invest in a rig.

Alright cool, just lookin out for you.
That could be dangerous to your health especially factoring in that it takes more heat to burn that bud

When they legalize weed aren't the prices at weed stores totally insane, or did I just imagine that?

THC and CBD are not the same in effect.For instance CBD can stop a schizophrenic break while THC can trigger a schizophrenic break,
CBD has no effect on Alzheimers while apparently THC somehow helps the brain remove the amyloid plaques that cause Azlheimers damage.

THC alone does not stimulate appetite very much.CBD can restore healthy appetite in cancer and AIDS patients.The combination of THC /CBD will make you eat everything in your house and then eat a jar of mayonaise when you run out of food.

They were at first, but they lowered the insane tax the government had on them when they realized people just kept buying from their 10 dollars a g dealer