Which one is master race?

Which one is master race?

Other urls found in this thread:

designrecycleinc.com/led comp chart.html
centennialbulb.org
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember when things got cold outside and I could warm myself on the ol' incandescent lamp
Can't do that anymore

What the fuck is this jew electricity, use the fucking sun and fire

Incandescant lightbulbs are jewish tricks that take way too long to become bright

>get LED bulb
>light looks weird in the room
>moving around in LED light looks like laggy framerate IRL

>all this pointless tacticool fancy shit when the original bulbs lasted almost forever

No mention of capital costs

No mention of the awful fluorescent white light that makes your house look like the kitchen of a cheap Chinese restaurant

No mention that even though incandescent bulbs are less efficient, the wasted energy heats your house in the same way as any other sort of heater, so they are only really inefficient in warm climates where excess heat is undesirable

I seriously hope you guys haven't fallen for the LED jew meme

>CFL
>9.1 years

maybe it is just me, but these shitty bulbs broke ALL THE TIME NONSTOP

LEDs seem to be nice so far at least

Candles are master race

some of the led flood lights produce good tomato plants, but other seemingly identical ones, same bright white light, cause leaves to turn yellow and curl up and die.

research is still being done. it's a wavelength that we cannot see but it damages the tomato plant.

Obviously LED, because they last a long-ass time (unlike incandescents or cheap CFLs), don't get hot (unlike incandescents), and don't have to warm up (unlike CFLs). It's basically no contest if you have pretty much any money at all left over from smoking weed to buy them.

>LED jew
How are lights that last for a decade "jewing" anybody?

I have a bulb from costco with 93 CRI 9W and 850 lumens

it's basically God's lightbulb

>22 years

lmao I love how they don't show the actual prices. I bet that one is over 30 bucks a bulb.

led bulbs are like $2-3 a bulb now

I actually like fluorescent lighting, so I would prefer CFL from this shit show. I actually run T8 fixtures at home.

But LED is plain better at this point.

>buys the cheapest, whitest CFL lights he can possibly get his hands on
>"hurr durr everything looks terrible"
>throws them away, makes sure to get mercury all over the place
just buy warm-white LEDs bro, they'll last half the rest of your life, and they cost like $3 the last time I bought one. It's not the "LED Jew" unless Oz taxes the shit out of LEDs to support the koala-lamp industry or something.

>No mention of the awful fluorescent white light that makes your house look like the kitchen of a cheap Chinese restaurant

There's this thing called the Kelvin scale, read the box before you buy.

>No mention that even though incandescent bulbs are less efficient, the wasted energy heats your house in the same way as any other sort of heater, so they are only really inefficient in warm climates where excess heat is undesirable

If you've got recessed lighting, all that heat is now going into your attic. Again becoming wasted.

You're buying bad LEDs. I've gradually switched my house over to LEDs after I started using LED panels in my aquariums.

Most people are used to lightbulbs being lightbulbs. Aside from minor shit like a tinting or frosting, the most expensive 60 watt incandescent was pretty much the same as the cheapest 60 watt incandescent. With LEDs you have to worry about wavelengths and color temperatures. Buy the wrong one and its like you're living in an HDTV with bad settings.

I'm glad somebody else notices this. When LEDs were starting to replace Christmas lights, driving around this time of year was fucking disorienting, and worst of all I couldn't get anyone to ... See it? I would say they were flickering if we or it were in motion and they were like "what are you talking about?"

Fuckin' human eyes, what the fuck are they?

>warming yourself on a lamp

God damnit really?

This.

compact fluorescent master race

You guys will argue about anything

>No mention that even though incandescent bulbs are less efficient, the wasted energy heats your house in the same way as any other sort of heater, so they are only really inefficient in warm climates where excess heat is undesirabl

This is false economy

Your main heater is still running either way

The incandescent heat isn't needed in a normal house

>standard incandescent
>life (years)

Their life expectancy is >10000 years if you don't turn them off.

The old Osram/Tungsram maybe but not the new piece of craps they have

Don't buy shitty leds

You have to get high CRI flicker free ones

I've heard of this being a problem on traffic lights in areas that get a lot of snow because the LEDs dont produce enough heat to melt the snow off the lights.

I am a big fan of LED for my household lighting needs

stop buying chinesium grade led light without smothing.

i get whatever i can find that lasts the longest for that particular light. dont care if it costs more. i hate changing the shit because im a lazy fat fuck trying to get up a ladder.

Fire is master race.

>With LEDs you have to worry about wavelengths and color temperatures.

Yeah, and it's not really that much of a "worry" either. You just have to know that a warmer temperature means something more like your yellow incandescent bulb. On the other end of the spectrum is bright as fuck retail lighting. White light can suck for a bedroom or a living room, after all.

I paint so I don't mind it that much, unless I'm tired (then I turn on my small lamp with the CFL). and am used to living in a house with hiiigh ceilings.

My bedroom wall had suboptimal insulation compared to the rest of the house so when I got cold doing homework I'd warm my hands by my desk lamp
Shit got pretty hot

Best for what? I'd say mostly the efficient ones, but sometimes you need to melt snow off the light, and those won't cut it.

>human eyes, what the fuck are they

Little balls that slowly captures a tiny percentage of electromagnetic radiation and sends data to the slow brain inside the skull.

It "does the job" but there will probably be a time where people stick cameras in their heads instead, or are all wearing some kind of prosthetic lenses.

>Eyes
>2016

halogen would be best wouldn't it?

I live in South Florida I really don't need the extra heat

Fair points. The "worry" for me comes from having planted aquariums and having to think about PAR values at different depths and the combination of wavelengths I'm looking for to keep the red plants alive but not have algae all over the fucking place.

>the original bulbs lasted almost forever

Uh, not for like the past century. Bulbs are deliberately made weaker. Incandescent bulbs could last so much longer.

They really have the potential to last many years.

Take it apart
Add a capacitor
Put it back together

I've always been particular about environmental changes and I've noticed in the last year that something is "off" about a lot of light (it doesn't include sunlight). I've been living in a cheap place, could it be the bulbs in my room? What would be a good bulb to get if I don't care about money?

>9,1 years
>22,8 years
KEK fucking jews

suck dick niggers, I will continue using my 100W bulbs that are older than me and still working and throwing dead and disgusting light like CFL or LED

LED can be functionally-equivalent to incandescent lamps for all practical purposes, but unfortunately many of the actual products on the market are critically flawed in one or more ways. The most common issues are poor light quality, flicker, and poor light distribution pattern.

Incandescent lamps basically "just work" and are inherently flawless in light spectrum, don't flicker, have nearly perfect 360 degree light distribution etc.

Fluorescent really has no place any more since it's also prone to issues and LED is better in every way.

good LED > incandescent > flawed LED

If you get your purchasing decisions from crap like this:

designrecycleinc.com/led comp chart.html

You should just be an alcoholic for the rest of your life.

Seriously the kind of bullshit in there. Mercury is toxic, if ingested, if it gets on your skin, but not by sitting there in that light bulb. That's why the hazards only come when you have to clean up a broken bulb, and that hazard isn't even that significant enough.

If fucking LIGHTBULB COMPANIES can pray on the scientific illiteracy of the public then I can't imagine what a banana stand could fuckin' do.

I remember when things got boring and I could burn a plastic on the old incandescent lamp
Can't do that anymore

100Watts standards sold in Poland that are sold, but were banned for home usage by EU
We still can buy them, but they aren't for home usage, because we have to bypass stupid EU laws

Have you ever heard of the nylon pantyhoses? Nowardays they are treated with sulfuric acid because the used to be indestructible.
Really makes your almonds active.

and NOT throwing dead and....*

BTFO Tunisia.

Whichever one would be the most successful in an open market without government meddling.

Noice quads

>Ctrl F
>Hue
>No multi color hue lights
Poor life?

Incandescent. Considering how it was our main source of light for over a century and the shitty (((replacements))) can't even touch it

I have bad news...

CFL and halogen.

>LED
LED and their """""""""20,000""""""""" hours of service are nothing more than a meme. The light spectrum drifts overtime and you end up with either green/red/blue-ish lighting which is absolutely disgusting. Their energy saving shit are also a meme. You'd be better served buying CFL bulbs unless you live in a shithole with over 30 cents/kWh.

>CFL
These are perhaps the best middle ground between being cucked and giving a fuck about your electricity bill.

>halogen
If you don't want to deal with the ABSOLUTELY ABHORRENT and DISGUSTING pulse-width-modulation lighting flick from which both CFL and LED bulbs suffer halogen bulbs is the way to go. Not to mention, their light spectrum is pretty fucking acceptable to say the least.

Same here.
I bought half a dozen of florescent bulbs,
Burnt through them in 2 years.

Wait til the capacitors in their power supplies start to go bad. They start flickering and eventually flashing on and off.

Are there LEDs that look like incandescent?

White/bluish light is horrible

LED. It lasts for 20 years, say it only lasted 5, would still save on energy over every other option.

I have an all spectrum light bulb in my room so I can get some vitamin D while I do computer stuff

That's master race

Planned obsolescence with incandescent light bulbs is a meme. Basically there's a trade-off between efficiency and lifespan. A hotter-burning filament is more efficient but fails quicker, while a cooler-burning filament lasts longer but is less efficient. Incandescent lamps are cheaper to produce than the electricity they consume, so economically it makes sense to prioritize efficiency rather than lifespan for general usage. If long lifespan is desired or needed for some reason, long life lower efficiency bulbs are available or a dimmer can be used to accomplish the same thing.

CFL, you can grow plants(weed) with them

The LED part will last indefinitely, but the inferior Chinese components powering them will fail in a few years. I've already had to take one apart because the filter capacitors went bad causing it to flash on and off.

What is that crap? Leds are about twice as efficient as CFL at the same Lumens

annual savings my ass

these produce heat so have 100% efficiency in the winter here.

incandescent master race, if only the EU didn't ban them

Remember when conservashits started buying the a shit load of the old bulbs when they said they're no longer going to be available for sale? Lol

centennialbulb.org

Bulb don't go out

>not illuminating your abode with candlelight
Fucking liberals

>General Electric is now paying for shilling on Sup Forums

Centennial bulb is a meme. It has a thick, inefficient filament and has basically been sucking up a ton of electricity to produce a dim orange glow for more than a century. You can make a modern bulb last a ridiculously long time also if you run it at reduced voltage to the point of putting out a dim orange glow, but economically it makes no sense whatsoever.

>LED
>22.8 years
>3 hours per day use

kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light

>Incandescent
>114 years (still running)
>running 24/7

/thread

The LED looks coolest.

You forgot the environmental impact of making and disposing of them.

Compounding that, they are made in China, whereas the incandescent ones were made locally until they were banned.

>centennial bulb meme again
>tfw most people fall for it because they have no idea how incandescent lamps actually work

Doesn't seem to be really making any light, its just glowing

LED all the way.
Already saved more than 1000€ thanks to them.

standards has the entire spectrum, like natural light. it prevents depression

9.1 years*
*if you never ever turn them off, goyim.

I remember when things got hungry inside and I could cook an egg on the ol' incadescent lamp
Can't do that anymore

I remember when I got hungry and could bake an apple crumble under the old incandescent lamp
Can't do that anymore

>60 Watt
>not buying 100 watt bulbs online because the environmental cucks in government want you to buy their mercury filled pansy lights.

Obviously the CFLs.

Dat watt usage is the bee's knees.

Muh electricy bills are super low because i switched all my bulbs in my apartment to halogen.

*switched all my bulbs to CFL

I mean

Just go through online retailers that haven't been cucked by regulations
amazon.co.uk/Bulk-Hardware-BH02413-Service-Bayonet/dp/B00LZVVQF6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479942434&sr=8-2&keywords=100+watt+bulb

I can't stand the bluish, fluorescent, sharp edged lighting of the new bulbs. I still use incandescent, and plan to do so until my large supply of them runs out.

Maybe by that time they'll have invented a bulb that doesn't make a healthy human look like a zombie.

nice

>never bought Light bulb
What? Go ask your parents...

I've had 100 watt bulbs that literally lasted me a decade with daily use.

Buy good, high lumen LEDs, enjoy paying jack shit for electricity.

How's that happening for you?

When I had little money and didn't care, I had no bulb in this lamp. It was a nice tall floor lamp that someone gave me but I never used, and was working too much and doing other things that I stopped paying attention to my own home (which is bad).

Someone put a CFL bulb in it. 4 years ago. I kept it in the living room. With regular use, without having it on for 24 hours a day 7 days a week, it still works. Probably gonna stop working soon, but really can't abuse your lightbulbs or plug it in to shitty power sources and expect it to work

>I am a big fan of LED for my household lighting needs

why? LED's are shit an prone to failure.

My whole house is lit with Phillips LEDs. When I bought CFLs I only bought that brand and I carried that over to LEDs. I have one GE LED that the previous occupant of this house left behind. I don't like the color and it's too bright.

I don't have the expensive ones or anything, just the ones from the cheapest 4 packs they sell at The Home Depot.

LEDs aren't poisonous if you break them and they come on instantly. The light they make is pretty damn ugly though.

Candle masterrace.

If you own a bulb that's anything over 5 watts you're doing it wrong.

It's called LEDs user.

I like bright lights, as I read a lot. Therefore have gotten several big, bright E27 LEDS at a high wattage over the last few years - 18W and 20W bulbs.

Guess what? They all fucking die after about 9 - 12 months. They develop flicker problems, half of the main body dies out, or they stop working all together. And they cost $30 each. Literally only have one bulb out of original batch of 4 which has survived over 15 months.

LED is the technological master-race, everything else is meh.

CFL puts a good show however LEDs can be dimmable, thus allows for romantic cozy illuminations. Also weird fragile tubes.