Common Core

Seeing as Trump now supports common core, could some burgers help me out with some of these problems?

Anyone else got some common core 'math'?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BetsyDeVos/status/801505785742290945
betsydevos.com/qa
nysedregents.org/geometry/
youtube.com/watch?v=Pp1wVPeg59Q
youtube.com/watch?v=EC6C-cAc240
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck is this?

The answer is "none". None of them shows 6

CC is a meme, teachers will teach it normally anyway

The answer is C. This is a way to make math performance more "equal" between negroid youth and whites/asians by applying rote memorization of procedure instead of a comprehensive understanding.

It's the third one.

Third one only because it includes 8 blacks, 6 whites and 14 in total. Otherwise I have no clue what the fuck that picture is supposed to represent.

Holy fuck I am good at math and I can't figure this out

what the actual fuck is that get your fucking new Jewland jungle monkey shit outta my face Aussie fucker

>Trump now supports common core
Thanks for helping Correct the Record.

This is common core, it's being taught all over the US

Neck yourself, CTR.

I think its the third one but fuck knows what makes things right or wrong in common core

What in the fuck does this even mean?

i kind of like this. it's like an IQ test question.

this photo is how they're actually teaching fractions now

I get a feeling that it's the 3rd one... but not because I know it, just off raw pattern recognition skills alone. (I am a member of Mensa)

What we know:

14 - 8 = 6

We are now looking for 14s, 8s, and 6s.

The third one has 8 filled in circles.
The third one has 6 white circles.
(Third one also has 6 blank boxes but these are not important)

The problem should read as 6 + 8 = 14, and not as 14 - 8 = 6. Of course this is far to complex for the average child to understand, and it's not the way I would do it.

>which shows a way to make a ten to substract
>has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like

Trumps not for common core , he just named Betsy DeVos as Sec of Edu

Second from the right is answer

>Now supports common core

Then why did he appoint an anti-common core woman for Sec of Education?

Fucking uninformed.

im a phd candidate in mathematics and have no idea what is going on here

fuck off you 1 post shill Trump does not support common core you stupid cuck

It took me a minute to realize the single circles beneath the boxes were the circles you fill in for your answers. I was trying to integrate them into the puzzle.

>Which shows a way to make a ten to subtract

Awful use of English. Who the fuck teaches this shit?

she has supported Common Core in the past

What's the problem with this?

When did he support common core?

is this a meme? how is that common core it's the area of a trapezoid and they probably have a legend on another page

that's all well and good...but what's with the wording? "make" a 10 to subtract?

>trump now supports Common Core
twitter.com/BetsyDeVos/status/801505785742290945

Interesting, he just elected someone who doesn't to SoE

Trump supported Hillary in the past.

Subversive

if she did (source?) she doesn't now
betsydevos.com/qa

really activates your almonds don't you think

this is a geometry regents under common core

nysedregents.org/geometry/

>humanities students detected
Gas yourselves

im wondering if the 10 grouping is for consistency, and there's some connection between "dark" circles being "negative"

in other words you fill the grids with the total 14, then "negate" 8 by filling them in, the remainder being the answer

this isn't a YRYL thread

>Which shows a way to make a ten to subtract?
What? Who the fuck wrote that question? I recon the answer is c because it's the only one that makes sense with the problem but the kids need clear questions not these riddles.

Do you seriously not know how to calculate the area of that shape using the information provided? And you're calling me a humanities student?

The third one does.

> The bases (top and bottom) of an isosceles trapezoid are parallel.
>Opposite sides of an isosceles trapezoid are the same length (congruent).
>The angles on either side of the bases are the same size/measure (congruent).
>The diagonals (not show here) are congruent.

What's your tweet?

its not geometrically possible to have such dimensions

hey my brother had a test like that,he didnt use twitter as he is young and wrote like 200 words and failed because tweets arent that long

cringe

I don't believe geometric possibility was what you were asked to assess, bitchboi. Calculate the fucking area.

i bet some of these were pretty creative ylyl material

proof?

The dimensions are physically impossible. The height is and must always be 7.75 units.

I feel a physical feeling of revulsion reading the "teachers" Correcting (the Record)

Say to students, "Ten is a very special number. Ten is some people's favorite number. Why might 10 be a favorite number?" (I have 10 fingers, 10 toes; 10 helps me add.) "One reason 10 is a very special number is because it can be so helpful, when you subtract. It's very important to know the pairs of numbers that make 10."
Begin by putting the ten-frame attachment under the document camera. Write "12 – 9 = __" on the board.
Put 9 red counters on the top ten-frame.
Then ask the students, "How many yellow counters do I need to add to fill the ten-frame?" (1) "How many more yellow counters do I need to make 12?" (2 more put in the second ten frame)
Tell students, "You can now count the total number of yellow counters to find the difference. How many yellow counters do we have?" (3) "So 12 – 9 = 3 and 3 + 9 = 12; I need 1 to make 10 and 2 more to make 12."

Oh come on, don't get all pricky about this, who cares if the values for the sides are incorrect? Just assume they are correct and calculate the area, that's what they are teaching and that's what should be evaluated.

>you graduated just in time to avoid Obama Core

Uhh so i do not know shit about common core but is the point to make it so no sane human child can complete it regardless of race thus making race a non issue?
someone please tell me i am fucking lost.

>Just calculate the area of an impossible object, goy!

it it is possible, if it wasn't you could not get a real answer

Fucking hell.
This is my homework.

This guy knows

The diagonals are congruent.

this is a rule of trapezoids

the retardness in it, is that if you calculate the area of the trapezoid with free thinking, rather than the precise formula given by the legend, then you will run into some fuckery.

basically they are fucking you over if you try to calculate the shit without plug-n-chug methods

It's a trapezoid that is impossible to make in physical reality because the side lengths aren't right.

That particular picture is basically an Ad Hominem against common core because it doesn't actually address the teaching methods of common core, just a mistake in a single problem.

why the fuck is that the magic number btfo leaf

SEEING AS HJIOK I MFUNDTU DRUNK CANNOT ANSSEER

Leftists who oppose this

Israel is a racist apartheid state who has illegal Jewish ONLY settlements in the west bank where the border walls are wrapping around them inside Palestinian in an obvious land grab.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pp1wVPeg59Q

This is why terrorism happens and why the rest of the west gets blowback from it.

Israel builds these settlements on top of Palestinian villages that they have bulldozed by the military.
youtube.com/watch?v=EC6C-cAc240

If you support Israel you are not a leftist. End of Story.

its not impossible kek

Punches would be thrown, asses kicked, and hell raised over this level of ignorance.

I would be a terrible parent, because i would be spending the majority of my time in jail for assault and murder.

>english flag
>if you use common core you would still be in grade school

mods

just wait til college senpai and they will have you doing that shit just to start step 1 of each of 35 problems

the side lengths are always congruent you idiot

isnt this shit some jew trick to dumb down the non niggers?

>tfw you were a HS senior two years ago but didn't have to go through common core because your classes still used the county curriculum

calculate it without the trapezoid formula

have fun trying to build that shape in real life

Let me teach you boys how to calculate the area of a fucking trapezoid. It isn't hard.

We've got two triangles:
1/2 * b * h = 1/2 * 4 *5

We've got one rectangle:
l * w = 5 * 12

10 + 10 + 60 = 80

A = 80

WOW LOOK, IT'S A HUMANITIES MAJOR DOING MATH

why would i do that, the formula was made to do that math

why cant you, it follows alll the rules, maybe t wasnt drawn to scale

>calculate the area of a trapezoid without using the method to calculate the area of a trapezoid

Divide it into three. Two isosceles triangles, and a rectangle. Add them together and you get the area.

I'm not seeing the problem here fampai

why are telling me the formula, i said it was possible the whole time

Are you sure? Because if you look at the left triangle you have one side that is 5, the other 2 and the hypotenuse is 8. So:
22 + 52 = 82
29 = 64

both sides have 8 as the side lengths

I find it easy. I'm just comparing.

>When you don't solve a math problem using pictures

I send my kids to private school because of this. Thankfully Trump's appointee has repudiated common core, which as previously stated, is only designed to inflate the score of blacks and Hispanics.

Sauce: www politico com/story/2016/11/betsy-devos-education-secretary-trump-231804

"I am not a supporter — period,"

I don't understand why you're all so obsessed with math. Jews invented math so they could count their shekels. You're betraying the white race if you use math.

>humanities students can't think for themselves and just obediently follow orders
Why am I not surprised?

If you calculate using the 12, 5, 16 figures and ignoring 8 then the area is 70.
If you calculate using the 12, 8, 16 figures and ignoring the 5 then you get 16root60 = 123.9

If you think 'hurr just follow the method' you are a born slave.

Friendly reminder Common Core brought us the GamerGate.

Trump is our revenge!

How much money do you make, lad?

I don't care

I'm not a kid lol

>WOW LOOK, IT'S A HUMANITIES MAJOR DOING MATH

We can tell

I they laugh at me for using my hands.
sage

you should have posted best girl

Thank god Trump is president and will eliminate common core, my kids won't have to deal with that retarded bullshit by the time they're in school.

I think it's trying to get you to choose the third one.

Each block represents "a ten," since they have spaces for ten circles in them. The eight circles that are shaded represent the number you're planning to subtract.

oh fuck I see what happened. Glad I showed my work :^)

thank you
seems the long way about but it does accommodate dislexic thinkers

>Seeing as Trump now supports common core

Where did you get this shitty intel, Aus?