Why don't we lower taxes on the rich already? They are being strangled with taxes

Why don't we lower taxes on the rich already? They are being strangled with taxes.

My uncle Leibowitz isn't able to add a 2 bedroom extension to his second vacation home.

We should raise taxes on everyone else. It doesn't matter than half of the country is now in poverty, raise their taxes.

How else is My uncle leibowitz going to make his 9th luxury car purchase?

Lower tax rate = greater growth/ more investment = higher tax revenues

>communist heads explode

Open up more factories, employ more goyim, and sell cheaper goods so other goyim buy them

exactly!

When the rich get their taxe lowered, growth and jobs happen.

Just look what happened after the massive bush tax cuts on the rich.

We had huge growth and lots of jobs.

exactly. Remember all those good things that happened when bush slashed rich people's taxes?

Not an argument.

If the rich feel the tax rate is too high, they move their money and investments overseas. Only people who can afford to do so will avoid this and all you achieve is creating more income inequality. Every attempt to squeeze money out of the wealthy has historically ended in this.

Give people an incentive to reinvest their money back into the economy, or don't and watch your country continue to fail.

>don't tax the rich
>tax the rich and they'll move their wealth

Leibowitz gon Leibo

>Image is literally called richguy[1]
Or how about we lower taxes for everyone and cut spending instead. No no no that makes too much sense, we should just choke any and all investment in our country instead.

You fuckhead, it costs them to move money back and forth between currencies. You have to find the tax point where its not finactually viable option to move money overseas.

Its not the riches responsibility any more than its the poors responsibility to provide tax revenue, stop being a dirty communist.

>lower taxes on the rich
>8 million jobs lost
>greatest recession since depression

That's all good as long as the rich are happy.

terrible argument. 99.9 percent will stay. They aren't just going to up and leave their family and their business because a modest increase in their tax.

no body in the US is proposing anything radical. it will be on par or lower than the rest of the industrial world.

So what, all rich people are going to leave their business, family and friends to go live in some third world shithole with low taxes?

it is just fear tactics by greedy people.

Learn 2 read
Learn 2 argue

Lowering taxes didnt cause a recession you nigger. They'll stay happy and rich in America while their money sits in a swiss bank account not being taxed by communists. And why would you make shit in america if you can do it cheaper somewhere else?

Americans really need economics taught in schools.

www.fairtax.org

you can easily legislate against that by taxing the money leaving the US. The reason we dont is because lobbyists and donors pay for our congressman and leaders not to .

Hey remember when Ronald Reagan cut rich peoples taxes? All the good things that happened? massive unemployment and a grand canyon sized deficit. "creating jobs" is a bullshit nonanswer our politicians give so their rich donors can get richer easier. job growth has absolutely nothing to do with taxes. Its called supply and demand. the only reason our jobs go overseas is because these third world shitholes they move them to don't have minimum wage laws.

>And why would you make shit in america if you can do it cheaper somewhere else?

Because Walmart greeters, baristas and people on welfare don't make for a great tax base.

So you wish to cripple your countries ability compete and trade globally? Christ, this 1% boogie man drives people to say some crazy stuff.

production
not wages
make great
a country

No they don't, that's why you should be providing an environment for all tax brackets to flourish

I'm a contractor. I never got a job from a poor person.

Taxing the rich at slighly higher rates does not cripple anyone.

Someone earning 1 million a year instead of 1.4 million a year is not crippled. They are still doing phenomenally well. In fact, the rich are doing better than they ever have, so it's about time we raise their taxes.

It's not that rich people are the boogie man. I have no problem with rich people, they should just pay more in taxes. Especially when we have huge bills and debt. The rich have been getting way richer and everyone else's wages have stagnated.

Taxing the rich will not cripple the economy or hurt us in anyway. It will actually stimulate the economy by putting money back in circulation, for example by infrastructure spending (which we badly need).

Contrary to lobbyist talking points, when the rich get tax cuts, they don't invest it in the economy or spend it creating jobs . They usually just sit on it and save it.

This is why when we cut taxes during the bush years, the economy didn't improve.

I mean we have the empirical evidence of 8 years of bush, why didn't anything improve if tax cuts for the rich are so good?

Obama modestly raised them, barely desu. And the economy has got better. We all know it has not improved to what we would like, but we all know it got a little better.

The point is, raising taxes on the rich will not hurt the economy. On the contrary, when you lower taxes on the rich, it tends to hurt the economy

>we should do away with the minimum wage and workers rights
>we are never going to be able to compete with chinese workers who are paid 1 dollar an hour and who have no safety regulations.

I've got stuff to do that doesnt involve teaching basic economics to Bernie children. I hope for your sake someone hammers the communism out of your.

funny how I provide you with empirical evidence that lowering taxes on the rich didn't do shit for the economy.

the bush years. Funny how you ignore that. You wont address why trickle down didn't work. Instead, you use ad homenim attacks.

Please explain why trickle down economics didn't work during the bush years. I am waiting