> Simplified combat
> Lots of walk n' talk sections
> An AI kid who shoots you.

I think we'll call it:
Devil May Cry: A David Cage Story

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tY6vIDCK7iQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This game is going to be a massive disappointment just see. Santa Monica Studios have a terrible track record when it comes to storytelling.

Yet the casual folks are eating it all up cause: mah feels

I love the God of War games but I feel like the traditional style GoW game just wouldn't work in this day and age. They are great games but we don't need more of that.

I'm interested in this as a fan of the series, but the trailer actually has me interested too. Wonder what they are going to do from a story perspective (never a strong point for the series). Combat system could be good, we have no idea.

You really couldn't extrapolate that much from the reveal trailer, still just too many unknowns.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=tY6vIDCK7iQ

>I love the God of War games but I feel like the traditional style GoW game just wouldn't work in this day and age. They are great games but we don't need more of that.

Yeah because we need another half-assed overly dramatic action game with long drawn out empty corridors of talking.

>I think we'll call it:
Devil May Cry: A David Cage Story

Don't give that hack ideas.

We have no idea that's what it's going to be though. You cannot tell that froma single trailer teaser, ffs user, wait until we have some actual unscripted gameplay before you try claim what the game is and is not.

Yea I know, right? What we really need is another 3 hour long game where you button mash your way through hordes of dozens of enemies at a time, then solve a two minute long puzzle before fight a boss that's as big as a mountain, before killing more enemies, solving another puzzle, and fighting another mountain! Who needs this "artistic" crap when we have REAL games, amirite?

Fucking Neanderthal.

fastest way to ruin a protaganist is a wife/kid/ball-and-chain

it's a sure sign the developers are a bunch of old pussies past their prime

So "Artistic" means: Single button combat, down a linear path filled with "Walk n' talk" sections.

GTFO filthy casual.

Okay I'll wait for more footage to come out before I point out how retarded you are.

>muh walking simulators

Don't you have a safe space to hide in?

The God of War games were the kind of games that are fun for a few hours then just get kind of stale after a while.

I'm fine with a change

Time for the series to evolve and move forward, nothing wrong with that.

God of War's traditional style would feel way too dated nowadays.

Oh and from someone that has beat all of these games on the hardest difficulty God of War has never been anything but casual

As opposed to a game you casually look at for 8 hours before never playing it again since it has zero replay value.

>Kratos
>Ruined

He was legit one of the absolute worst video game protagonists before

I want to fuck Charlie. No lie. But, he can be an obnoxious faggot sometimes with his strawman voice.

I'll take a 3 hour long game over a 20 hour movie.

Those games still exist dipshit, go play them.

We've already had like 6 games with that same formula, we do not need another.

>Kratos
>Bad MC
He did absolutely everything wrong but deep inside he was just a angry guy that wanted peace.

But we do need another emotional, slow, cinematic adventure. Gotcha.

That's what modern AAA games have become, you don't like it go find a new hobby nerd.

or play Jap games

I like both

Yeah lets talk about series that "Evolved"
And by "Evolved" I mean: Throw out everything that made the originals so beloved and chase whatever's the popular genre these days:

>Star Fox
Nintendo and Rare tried to make it a soulless Legend of Zelda Clone and do away with its aerial combat. Star Fox Adventures ended up being just that: A Soulless Zelda clone that did nothing to make it interesting.

>Xcom
Originally the reboot was revealed as First Person Shooter, because Call of Duty was popular. So while the casualfuks loved it, fans were outraged. Fortunatly they did get a proper remake which was awesome, while the earlier game became a Third Person Shooter that tried to be Mass Effect, and failed miserably.

>Castlevania
Did away with being the kings of the 2D Metroidvania genre in favor of a straightforward action adventure game that tries to be God of War, but ends up being a really half assed attempt.

>Resident Evil
Oh boy we're getting into puke infested territory now, Resident Evil 6 tried to be Gears of War in the hopes of getting 6 million units sold, because Capcom thought "No one wants Horror anymore"
The following Year, horror games become the hot trend thanks to Lets Plays.

Just because a popular franchise is trying to be like the popular genre, doesn't mean it will be as good as the games in the popular genre.

WATCH IT BOY

The Last of Us is the most successful and highly acclaimed game of all time after Undertale. Why not ride on the coattails of guaranteed success.

>weeb trash

>Fantastic reboot

>weeb trash

>weeb trash

What did he mean by this?

ALL OF YOU BETTER STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY GAAAAAAAAME!!!!

Because Santa Monica Studios is not Naughty Dog.

Just because you're trying to copy someone talented, doesn't mean you'll copy their talent.

God of War was never a very good series anyway. I'm okay with watching it die.

ATHENA, COULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOR

People like to call Kratos edgy (and he was guilty of it at times) but I'd rather take him than any boring, "nice guy" wimp any day.

he has no bottom lip

>He doesn't know what went down with Starfox adventures

It was supposed to be a new IP about dinosaurs but Nintendo forced them to put Star Fox in it

This could have been a brand new IP with norse mythology as its influence, but they had to stick god of war on just so they could sell it easier

he does but its just really cracked and crusty

Welcome to the business of video games, enjoy your stay.

This. I already played and enjoyed them. I don't need to enjoy another one. Better a revamped style than another rehash of the same not DmC QTE fest.

Here's a haunting fact for all of you

Santa Monica Studios assisted in the development of The Order 1886

Yup yup up

I had to log off NeoFAGGOT for a while once I saw people legit getting banned for calling this shit out for the insulting ripoff it was

>They are great games but we don't need more of that.
Nu-Sup Forums right guys.

Development process is irrelevant.

The result was still a half-assed Zelda Clone. Even if it wasn't a Star Fox game, it would still be a half assed Zelda Clone.

They assist with a fuckton of games like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Fat Princess, Hohokum, PSABR

They're just the American version of Japan Studio

None of what you mentioned are narrative focused linear action/adventure games.

That wasn't the question

Hohokum was good, Unfinished swan was good, fat princess wasnt my style.

I hope you arent saying either of the 2 games i enjoyed were.. dare you FUCKING say it, bad?

There wasn't even a question in that reply thread to begin with.

There was never a question retard.

Unfinished Swan was better than Journey

Fight me

I disagree with you but can understand your opinion.

>simple but fun beatemup GAMEPLAY with puzzles for variety
>worse than the walking with us
So this is nu/v/

>Fantastic reboot

He's talking about this. You know, what they originally unveiled. There were no plans for a remake until later.

I agree though.
w-wanna be friends?

>There were no plans for a remake until later.
Not true at all. What actually happened is the people with the rights to xcom decided they needed to make money off the IP. So they sent out letters to studios interested to pitch them game ideas based on the xcom IP. Firaxis originally pitched the proper xcom we got and they rejected it, and instead accepted the bureau. Once trailers got announced they listened to fan feedback and decided to give firaxis the go ahead to make their game and call it XCOM, but since they already gave the bureau guys the license we got both games.

I recognize that fucking hand, it's Paulie's

>naughty dog is located in los angeles
>Naughty dogs dumb cinematic influence starts infecting Santa monica studio which is also in LA
>insomniac just happens to be in LA as well
uh guys how many more of sony's active studios are located in the LA area?

They are slowly relocating all of playstation there

We have seen 1 (One)(Uno)(sin(90)) video and you guys are making huge leaps to conclusions.

Watch it Crissy

Welcome to Sup Forums. Care for your complementary spring shoes?

jesus christ what a fucking autist you are

>we live in the timeline where soon sony will be an american company and all of sony's exclusives will be The last of us 'em ups

the order was short but fun and had a great level of detail and polish

Okay then, the plans weren't set in stone until they realized they'd made a terrible mistake, then. Though, I do enjoy the Bureau's attempt at a story at least.

In any case, what he said still holds true, and I'll add my own spin to it. Games that change the formula can be good or even greater than the last. Games that change their genre are like... Well, I guess you could compare it to the new Harry Potter story.

Harry Potter novels have always been mystery novels, where the last two became a sort of formula break to a dramatic sort of survival tale with mystery still intertwined. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is at first, seemingly just a mystery, but quickly devolved into a time travel story where two-thirds of the story is literally nothing but going back in time repeatedly to try and fix mistakes. And it was panned for it. It was awful.

That is what happens when you break the genre. Expanded universes exist for a reason with stories, but mainline entries should never break the genre unless you've got something really innovative and unique on your hands. All we've seen from the new God of War is the same tired shit we've seen from dozens other games this last decade. (Not to say it was unique before, but it became a popular franchise that way).

Santa Monica made 5 traditional god of war games, the fourth and fifth had lukewarm receptions. so im not surprised theyve changed the formula for this game

why do you think the new god of war wont have puzzles?

Since The Last of Us is objectively the greatest video game accomplishment ever is this a problem?

It set a new standard for interactive experiences. Modern video games will be chasing that narrative excellence for years to come.

Ironically, using a Legacy of Kain image could also have allowed me to use Nosgoth as an example. Nosgoth was a really fun game, and there's not a whole lot of games in that vein, but it wasn't what LoK fans wanted, and it died for it.

that's what happens when you design games around reviewers who only play the first hour

Insomniac isn't a Sony studio

Anyway theres San Diego Studio but they make Baseball games and a new studio called PixelOpus

it died because square enix is greedy as fuck. If it has continued support and a reasonable budget, it would have gained a big enough audience to sustain itself.

>tfw the PS2 gave us an era of top tier action/platforming, adventure games
>tfw the PS4 is a Walkie Talkie machine

Why do people shit so much on the original God of War games?

I remember GoW 2 being considered one of the best games on PS2. GoW recieved a lot of praise too when it was released. What happened who's responsible for this meme?

Do you know what I will hate more?
That this becomes the first of the series without difficulty settings

>Tell Me a Story
>More Easy
>Easy

>giant overdesigned boss
>completely scripted
Why

Like those genius ladder "puzzles" in last of us?

>having a NeoGAF account

Just why

Yeah, my comment about XCOM was more of an interesting fact than anything else.

Santa Monica Studios is more of a Software R&D, Usually they collaborate with other third party devs and assist them with their game engine much like Guerrilla games. e.g The Order 1886, Fat Princess, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Hohokum.

They don't have writers of ND or the Imagination of Japan Studio

>I'm threatened by the popularity of this game via social media so I'll shitpost about it
Lmao

God of War was always terrible. Their mistake was not making a new IP

It got old.

If something changes, you cry about it.
If something stays the same, you cry about it.

FUck off.