FUCK ANIME

Can we have an honest conversation on why anime is objectively shit

>Heavy reliance on character archetypes
>Loaded with simple power/romance fantasies turned up to 11
>extremely predictable plots
>most suffer from pacing issues
>too easy to binge and get habitually addicted to
>will cause you to waste literally hundreds of hours with nothing to show for it
>anime watchers often state they procrastinate on seeing new episodes, implying watching anime is a chore
>a very socially isolating type of interest to be fanatic about
>will make it harder to relate to non-anime watching peers
>anime is a curse to your own self-development
>literally children's entertainment
>will make you sympathetic to a xenophobic culture that fucking hates you
>autists love it because of how morally black and white and simple the stories are

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oYwMF5UeYcM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rebuilding thread because weebs can't actually be critical of themselves

anime sells sex to minors

Evangelion thread. What are your hopes for 3.0+1.0?

Fuck off back to Tumblr.

Any anime not from the 80s or 90s sucks.

I never got it either. There are some that are good, but, just like tv shows, more are garbage.

Literally every point you made can be leveled at western media in one way or another.

Stop watching shitty anime then senpai

Its true, nothing but magical girl crap. Very few good comedies. Very autistmo desu

can someone photoshop a MAGA hat on each frame of this gif?

I don't like anime but I liked Mushishi.

fuck off twats, you do not like it, don't watch it

Anime: for when you're stoned off your ass and bored.

IMHO, the only real anime involves lots of ass-kicking. Everything else is for autists with "waifus" and "husbandos"

I don't give a flying fuck f there's a bunch of titties and ass in it, i wanna see motherfuckers get wrecked.

>too easy to binge and get habitually addicted to
No worse than other kinds of television series.

But I agree that most of it is tedious crap, even the stuff that isn't just schoolgirl-filled otaku bait. Also, the acting sucks in every single language you can find it in.

Nothing. I'll leave everything up to the Master.

at the end of the day that doesn't sound much worse than consuming vidya or regular TV and films

All of these points are fucking shit to be honest.

Fucking normalfags.

>dissing animus
>on an animu weeb website

dumb Sorosposter

>Sorosposter
that is a thing?
a real stuff, not like ctr left?

Most anime are shit, that is true. However the following are fairly good.

>yu yu Hakusho

>mobile g Gundam

It's just nostalgia for me, it's not like I waste more time than necessary on anime.

>No worse than other kinds of television series.
Bullshit, most of anime is filler. They make a manga you can read in 5 minutes into a 20 minute episode.

anime used to mean ninja scroll :(

>everyone is about to die
>all the characters reflect for 12 episodes
>one of them will be the keanu reeves
>defeat all the bad guys.... for now....

>mfw almost all jap cartoons follow this formula

most of TV series is a filler too
>episode starts with a gag and intro
>useless talking with unfunny gags
>something completely random
>enter the 2nd plane characters
>some interactions
>plot thickens a little
>actual action of this episode
>action ends, more talk now
>We did something wrong
>more talk
>now we fix stuff, stuff is fixed
>hooray
>more talk, now it is serious
>gag on the end
>some cheeky breeky snooky sneaky peeky inside next episode

guess the series

youtube.com/watch?v=oYwMF5UeYcM

>Bullshit, most of anime is filler.

Most shounen anime is filler. There are plenty of shows have good pacing. Especially the ones that are based on manga that are already done.

Still better than western shit.
Enjoy your homosexual propaganda goy

>anime is objectively shit
Majority of anything is shit. There is a lot of different anime though.

Anime is proof that America took Japanese culture and kept it as a war trophy

It's not really an objective fact, is it?
People can spend their free time on whatever they please, be it chinese cartoons, Pokemon or even staring at drying paint, as long as you are contributing to society nobody cares if you stick your dick in cholorform or Lemon Juice

I hope a time traveller some day makes it so eva never happenned. One of the most annoying anime I've ever tried to watch. I would murder Shinji violently if I was forced to live with ""him"" irl.
>when you let your underage children watch boku no pico because it is a cartoon about kids

It is an unpopular stance, but Kek wills it and it must be memed.
>Jill Stein 2020
>Ban all anime

:(

In another time, there'd be no market for otaku-pandering bullshit. If men had decent social circles and family lives and jobs that made them feel useful, there'd be no demand for this sort of thing other than literal children, because the problems to which anime numbs people would have been properly solved by society. And that applies in Japan as much as it does in America. But because social and familial stability has been thoroughly bulldozed on both sides of the Pacific, there's a natural attraction to fake women who seem like they'd be nice to be around if they were real, and to plots that provide a sense of vicarious personal achievement by being accomplished by a complete cipher with whom anyone can identify. Anime isn't good, even as entertainment it's only on par with the average lame action movie, but it's a crutch used to try to get people through a much bigger problem.

Nailed it.
Anime isn't meant to be good in the same way smoking isn't meant to be good. But for some people, it's the only thing that keeps them going even though it is slowly killing them.

There is a mysterious lack of fun in your life

lol.