In a complete act of foolishness, I'm going to ask Sup Forums if I should convert to Orthodoxy or Catholicism...

In a complete act of foolishness, I'm going to ask Sup Forums if I should convert to Orthodoxy or Catholicism. I plan on driving out to my nearest Orthodox church this Sunday and talk to the priest, and maybe next week go to my local catholic church. Here's what I have gathered
Ortho pros
>Coming from a background in eastern religions, I appreciate the mystic side that Catholicism lacks.
>Generally agree with their notions of Heaven and Hell
>Appreciate the ascetic practices such as fasting
>Beautiful art.
>My local orthochurch website is full of american converts, so I don't have to worry about it being an ethnic hangout club.
Ortho cons
>Weak American population which means not a lot of networking with other orthodox
>Lack of missionary work
Catholic Pros
>Built western civilization
>Long tradition of reasonable philosophy(many crossovers here with orthodoxy)
>Beautiful art
>Long and admirable history of missionary work.

Catholic Cons
>The possible corruption in the vatican and a cuck pope
>Purgatory
>tons of spics and filipinos

Thoughts from fellow orthos,caths, or other christians of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=9SbW5eABLUo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmrqx3fvRo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>needing to be told what to believe by some dude in a big building
Cuck.

>Being a directionless sheep with no spiritual guidance
Literally a Pleb.

>catholic pros
>reasonable philosophy

Truly a comic genius op

Christisnity was created by Paul and Rome so neither. Paul os the wolf in sheeps clothing.

> Im going to save you now

My people read the DeadSea Scrolls, convert Greek texts bsck into Hebrew and then english. We are the Children of the Covenant. We follow the narrow path. Go to blessyahowah.com and good luck

judism is the real red pill goyim

What's wrong with just reading the bible?

Gotta honor the Sabbath right?

I never said you don't need spiritual guidance.
You just shouldn't be getting it from the Jews-in-disguise aka any mainstream religion. They exist purely to make money. But that's just a coincidence right? The fact that their existence makes the people at the top tons of money couldn't possibly mean that they're shady or underhanded at all right?

Man. Some people really are too stupid to see how stupid they really are.

And how do you obtain your spiritual guidance?

>if I should convert to Orthodoxy or Catholicism
Neither. They're the same garbage. Why would you consider either of them?
>Appreciate the ascetic practices
Why? Are you stupid?
>being an actual sheep
What is "spiritual guidance" good for? Spirits and things don't exist.

Thank you for your valuable insight.

>Catholicism
Jews
>Orthodoxy
Exists?

The only real conclusion is Protestantism, just stay away from the Lutherans and Anglicans

>LITERAL marxist Pope who kisses the feet of shitskin refugees
>cucktholics will defend this

Lol Anglicans and Lutherans are the only Protestant sects i've considered. Other than Methodist, which I was raised and baptized as a child with.

catholocism is a scam meant to screw you out of heaven

confession is bullshit. you only get 1 for any 1 thing in the bible as asking forgiveness for something then doing it again means your not sorry and you may as well be spitting in gods face

the crucifix with jesus on it looks like a idol. statues of people being prayed to is a major no no that goes back to the old testament

they practically worship marry thats a big problem

women cant speak in church new testament sooo nuns shouldnt even exist. they are a throw back to a roman practice (vestal virgins). god hates traditions of man (old testament)

If you want to be part of le based crusader Deus vult xD denomination, go for orthodox.
I mean the Bible isn't really that important.

I would have said Mormons/Jehovahs witnesses, but they arent christian
Methodists are cool, I only dislike the eurofags

Independent Baptist, with a dash of Pentecostal is the proper fit for me.

I recommend it, bro. Don't be an introvert, live within the Bible, my dude.

Mormans and JW are literally christian fan fiction.

>going to church.
They have football on Sundays.
So why fuck around with child diddlers and con men?

Because you end up with a degenerate church run by liberal cucks like Church of England.

>God hid his Word for 2000 years
That's the most foolish, self centered elitist thing I've heard in quite some time.

Perfect coming from the Synagogue of Satan.

>aka being protestant
mfw raised methodist

Mormons and Jehova's Witness are literally heresy. Not even trolling. They're going to Hell if they don't repent and snap out of it.
This. Along with 7th Day Adventist.

This is what enlightenment looks like.
youtube.com/shared?ci=9SbW5eABLUo

>converting to a religion in order to claim it's history for yourself

In what way am I claiming a churches history to myself?

>Built western civilization

How is that a reason to convert? It's literally literally 'they wuz kangz n shiet'.

It's an objective fact that Christ (along with Plato) was a pillar in the growth of western civ while Orthodoxy was just chilling in eastern Europe. Western values are derived from christian philosophy, and mainly catholic philosophy. Recognizing this fact doesn't mean that I'm claiming it as my own, it's just how history has played out.

as a dutch christfag, allow me to tell you this.
if you want to believe in God, go and believe in God. There is no reason to stick a orthodox/catholic sticker on your faith yet.
because that would only imply that you are looking for a sense of community.

faith in god is something that will grow over time, and in time you will find the type of believer you are. go talk to both priests, go talk to even more people and try not to put any stress on it.

it's just like love.
if you force it, you will lose it. but if you are patient and sensire then it will grow to be an amazing part of your life.

i'll lurk in the thread for another half hour, so feel free to ask me stuff

neither. don't be a pussy and give your mind to old faggoty cucks. Spirituality is a personal journey. It's fine to learn and adopt ideas as you go, but there's no reason to let someone else lead you down whatever path THEY deem best for you.

Just make your own religion. We've done it before. No reason you can't do it for yourself.

Catholicism has a rich and beautiful history of mysticism, the writings of some mystic saints you should check out include those by St John of the Cross and and St Teresa of Avila. Also check out the book The Cloud of Unknowing which influenced these saint's own mystic practices. Also check out the Carmelita order, they are my favorite mystic order, so many of the great Catholic mystic saints were Carmelites. If you love mysticism there is a lot of the Catholic Church to offer you, we also have lots of fun sacramentals like scapulars that provide different blessings when worn and modern New Age crystal healing is actually based on a bastardization of medieval research on the healing properties of animals/plants/stones of Hildegarde bonus Vingen (another mystic.)

Gomen for errors I'm on mobile and have fat little fingers lulz

Since posting this thread, I agree. Maybe i've bought too much into the denomination war thing.That being said, what denomination to you subscribe to? lol

I feel like i've been feeling a yearning toward God, but it might have to do with the lack of accomplishments in my life at age 26. I'm in my second attempt at collage and i'm trying really hard to not fuck up again because I need to pull myself out of a shitty life situation.

I can't tell if this yearning is God giving some sort of strength and message , or if I'm just distracting myself with useless things because I need to focus on school work.

Not trying to make this a blog. I've had a few whiskeys tonight so i'm opening up on Sup Forums, which I said above, is a complete act of foolishness.

Very cool. I've also been reading about the mystical aspects of the rosary prayer.

The rosary is a very powerful weapon in spiritual warfare and a beautiful tradition. Also just wanted to say that I'm personally Catholic but the orthodox do a lot of really cool things too that I love and have deep admiration for. I especially love their icons.

Me, i am a 'reformed' protestant, though only because i was born in a family that was protestant and most of my youth has been with friends that went to the same church or similar churches.
that said, i'm now 23, living on my own and have both catholic and protestant friends with all of them having different opinions on their own and other beliefs and different amounts of religious zealotry. (cant remember the word for: super religious - not so religious)

The point i'm trying to make with the above is, that all of us have a similar yet different views on God and how to live life in his honer/name.
But the core thing is that we believe in the same God. Hence, back to you, why focus on adopting something completely while unfamiliar with it, instead of figuring it out on the long term and just start walking.

As i said with love, if you start by picking a girl with nice hair, eyes, boobs, ass, personality, grades, education, background, future prospects ect. then you'll find yourself ever wanting. But the girl that you have fallen for in the past, had some of these traits and the rest just grew on you. you accepted them, as part of her.
Same with the christian faith. just start walking and orienting and you'll figure it out along the way what sort you feel comfortable with. I can however, recommend talking to a few different people in your social groups that are religious. It can be classmates/colleagues or whatever. having someone to discuss different onions will help, instead of just copying and pasting whatever the preacher tells you to.

is there anything you'd like to ask or tell about christian faith or me personally?

opinions*

Satan really deluded us with his secular order... How do we overcome that? Let the crusade start pol...

Todd White fights Satan everywhere he goes.

Be like Jesus. Be the candlestick.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.

Very insightful stuff. I'd love to continue this convo but It's nearly 3am here and I have to sleep soon. Stay strong Duthfriend.

Catholicism is for non-Whites.

I mean, for God's sake, just look at the pope.

Sure, if you know of a way, id like to continue as well.
for now, good night and good luck, whatever choices you make

No. Once you understand the culture and context of early christian doctrine, you cannot go protestant. Take this from one who went to Seminary once. Now I consider leaving

Do you have a steam account?

yep, what's your name. i'll send you a quick message before you delete the thread

i took a picture that i'll attach. it has the (you) in it so you'll know it's me.

xX_PaCkDaBLuNtx0_oxBlazE420uP

done

The Catholic Church is a pagan church, seriously look it up. They completely ignore the bible

>the word of God isn't important
This is why Europe is dying

>orthodoxy: white niggers, russian language
>catholicism: white übermenschen, latin language

How is this even a choice?

Pick a St Pius X. parish though, they are at war with cucklord Francis

This is what Catholicism is, a big feel good hug box. Hello, I'm mrs. O'neal I divorced my husband because I cheated on him, but it's okay I prayed to Mary so everything is okay

>2016
>Sup Forumstards still believe in a bearded skydude who gets angry if you wank your peepee and tortures you in hell for eternity for that

when you are sexually immoral you are hurting your body and your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Which day though?

Why don't you believe in Muhammad being a prophet of God? Why don't you believe in Zeus? Why don't you believe in, say, Krishna?

No.

I don't know a who Krishna is
Zeus isn't real and Muhammed might have been real but he's just like one of those mad men who claim to see Jesus in their toast.

Pope Francis is not a cuck modernist

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmrqx3fvRo

Do not believe the anti christ media

If you are ethnically Eastern European then I would say become Orthodox

Otherwise I recommend the Catholic Church

The Orthodox don't have the same dedication to our blessed mother as the Catholics do.

And why aren't they real?
As far as I know, Christianity in the first place is a religion made up by Jews in Roman-controlled Israel and used to cuck the Roman Empire into disintegration.
Isn't that a red flag?

But why does protestantism contradict the early Christians so much?

Catholicism was invented to lead people away from the Kingdom of Heaven
They encourage pagan practises and worship idols.

I was sexually abused by an orthodox priest when I was 12.

Because it's not Christian. Look at what I fucking said. All I said was to read the fucking bible. Read the fucking bible.

A false ghost disproves the reality of ghosts just as a forged bank note disproves the reality of the Bank of England

>possible corruption
Hahaha mate Vatican City is a paradise for mobsters. Ever wonder where those Italian-American bootlegging, whore running, drug smuggling, bet scamming families ended up? Ask an Italian, they'll tell you.

Ok, what is your reason for believing in the religion made up by Jews to cuck the Roman conquerors?

It's essential to be a Protestant because the Catholic Church is a pagan cult
Because they aren't?
The Roman Empire was a degenerate culture it's a good thing it collapsed

>Because they aren't?
How are they different from the Christian god?

Why did Jesus break his promise? He said the Church is the pillar of truth. But this church died. He said nothing will make it fall. But it fall mere decades after He dwelled on earth.

Is God a trickster?

Prot·es·tant
ˈprädəstənt/
noun
a member or follower of any of the Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches.

How is it not Christian to reject a pagan cult?

Catholics like fucking kids. I don't like that. That's why I'm a puritan.

But why do all the church fathers deny protestant doctrines

There is only one God, he isn't the Christian God he is everyone's God. He didn't just make Christians he made the entire world and everyone living in it.

But why did the Catholics have more in similar with the church fathers?

Okay, how do you know that the Bible is somehow more correct than the Quran? Just because the Jews wrote it or?

You think the Jews invented a religion to bring down an empire?

When the emperors converted to Christianity the Roman Empire was saved from its decadence, and filled the moral vacuum that appeared after the Golden age of Rome ended. It ushered in a new golden age in Rome that started with Constantine.

It breathed 200 more years of life into that dying empire.

Jesus a said there are things only the father can know, he isn't God he doesn't know everything he probably did not forsee that satan would have corrupted the Catholic Church
There is the bible which is the word of God, everything else is the word of man

But why did protestantism deny what we know about the bible and the early Christians?

Because Muslims reject Christ

Christianity brought laziness and degeneracy into the empire. Instead of the Roman Pantheon which promoted hard work and serving the community as well as helping the integration of conquered lands, Christianity promoted wallowing in your own pity and being a poor beggar.
Thus, it was one of the reasons for the Roman Empire collapsing.

Wrong post m8

Catholics and Orthodox are rarely on fire for Jesus like some Baptists and Pentecostal folks are.

Be the candlestick.

It's like being a jedi, only cooler because it's actually really and the Holy Ghost dwells within you.

The Holy Ghost will cleans, even OP of all faggotry.

>The Orthodox don't have the same dedication to our blessed mother as the Catholics do.
Nigger are you high?

WHICH Protestant church? There's literally a million of them.

But protestants cannot even agree if jesus is God or not. Did Jesus lie? Is the bible a false book?

Why can't early Christians into Dola Scriptura?

He said his church was. A church isn't a building or an organisation.

Your shit argument implies that atheism is christian.

>Because Muslims reject Christ
They don't.
According to Quran, Christ is a major prophet and is prophecied to slay the False Messiah during judgement day. Just like in Christianity.
The main difference is that they call him Yeshua instead of Jesus and that they believe he's one in a long line of Messiahs (ending with Muhammad), instead of the last one.

Kabbalah is the one true religion

is protestantism a false heresy? The bible warns of divisions

Right. This poor wallowing religion was then adopted by countries that went on to conquer the entire fucking world.

What a load of crap

Christian Europeans conquered every square inch of this planet except for Thailand and Antarctica

>This poor wallowing religion was then adopted by countries that went on to conquer the entire fucking world.
None nearly as great or influential as Roman Empire at its' peak.
And Christianity caused the Dark Ages, regressing the growth of humanity by centuries.

Did I say that it is a building?

what about adventists?

WHICH Protestant church?
Yes different churches agree and disagree on different things. How is this a surprise? Look at the people who claim Mary is a virgin, yet the bible mentions Jesus has brothers. Why do Catholics ignore the bible?
Atheists don't follow a church that is separate from the Roman Catholic Church
No, they reject him they believe he's real but they reject him.

They don't do things like the rosary do they?

I don't mean to say that you Orthodox are not devoted to our blessed mother. I just mean we Catholics seem to take it further than that.

I just don't hear of a Marian apparition every 20 years or of Orthodox praying the rosary.

Am I wrong
I accept the fact that I may be totally talking out of my ass.

No. I'm saying what it isn't.

>No, they reject him they believe he's real but they reject him.
You're free to read on him:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
>Despite the earliest Muslim traditions and exegesis quoting somewhat conflicting reports regarding death and length of death,[15] the mainstream Muslim belief is that Jesus didn't suffer death but was instead raised alive to heaven.[2][16]
>Muslim tradition believes Jesus will return to earth near the Day of Judgment to restore justice and to defeat al-Masih ad-Dajjal ("the false messiah", also known as the Antichrist),[17][18] not as a new prophet (Muhammad being the final prophet), but continuing from the time of his Ascension and living for another 40 years before dying a natural death.[citation needed]