10 yrs USA success story. You tell me?

Year 1
18 graduate high school
>GF gradutes high school 18
I apply to the local plumbers union and go to plumber school but dont work. So i have to work at Mcdonalds
>GF goes to community college full time.

Year2
Still taking union classes and plumber classes at the cumminty college. Have had 4 part time minimum wage jobs cuz i keep getting fired cuz i csnt work the schedule they want cuz im not gonna miss my plumbers classes.
>GF still going to cummunity college full time.

Year 3
I finally get some temp jobs with the union gaining exp and working odd jobs around town to try and make extra money.
>GF transfers to the state university she trying to get a BA in business

Year 4
Working full time with the plumbers union and things are looking up. Pays $15/hr working 40 hrs a week. Minimum wage in california is $10/hr so im doing good.
>GF still going to the state university full time

Year 5
I move out of my parents house into a small apartment. I got a job with a local contractor doing plumbing with him since the work location never changes. Union was sending me around yo different cities to work and i didnt like that.
>GF graduates gets her BA and got a job and bank of america as a teller only pays $12/hr but full time and she never had a job before.
We move in together

Year 6
Still working for the local contractor making $18/hr
>GF still working for B of A as teller

Year 7
I get a job with roto rooter it pays $22/hr. And gives me 2% matching to my 401k so all is good.
>GF starts working in the loan department and gets a boost in pay

Year 8
Still working at Roto Rooter, no change.
>Fiance now is working for the local gas company as an HR rep. Pays $20/hr

Year 9
Got married
Nothings changes

Year 10
My wife and i both quite or jobs and open up my own plumber business.
>Wife is managing the business and marketing while i just do the jobs. Business is picking up and things are scary.

Are we an American success story?

Good to see someone made it

>Doing Extra
ok
>Paying extra
uh oh

two seperate things right

This

>go to college
>get a job that pays $20 an hour

kek, good that you are making it though

yeah low intelligence idiots doing a job that requires low intelligence. Sounds like an American shithead to me.

11. Making nonsense lists

thanks. i never graduated just entry level plumbing classes. My wife on the other hand has potential with her degree but lacked jon experiance. No doubt she could probably have an awesome job now but being our own bosses sounded to awesome. If things dont work out im sure we can fall back into our previous style work and make it by.

In a world of 5 billion people, we all cant be geniuses. But some how we all need to eat and try and be civil.

My best friend and his brother got pretty lucky imo
Brother is like 23, graduated hs while working at Nordstrom sales position in shoe dept. moved to assist manger while taking classes at community.
Somehow gets a job as a district manager at a payroll company which requires a degree he doesn't have. No nepotism. Makes 70k at least. Has realtors license but I've only seen him sell one house (got 13k from it)

Best friend is 21 like me. Went from working at Yogurtland to getting a police officer job paying 80k a year starting. Only has an AA which he barely got. (Nepotism was involved, but he also had a super clean record)

Gg

If you're ugly/have shit genes 4 and 5 go right out the window, 7 is a function of 5 and 6. 8 is meaningless. 1, 3, 9, and 10 is basically just parts of 2.

It all comes down to work ethic, which is a bunch of things bundled together.

>10 things that require zero talent
But this is nonsense? They require talent for self-organization, for example.

>body language requires zero talent
yeah, no
t. aspie

Its all perspective. Body language for instance, is to not slouch and not be resting or relaxing while your on the job. Smiling for customers and being mindful of your hand gestures, ex. No flipping people off and throwing up ganh signs, picking your nose at work and having a proper hand shake.
Requires no skill and makes you look more professional and helps you succed in a job.

honestly, that list should be "10 things that people with zero talent do", lol

talented ppl are lazy and have stupid sleep schedules

>Requires no skill
Self Control and Focus

Society makes you feel like you havent made it or your not doing well enough, thanks goes out to the people letting me know im doing well. When you look at it im not successful but i can afford to drive a car, eat, and pay the utility bills without help. My wife and i hope to buy a house before we're 30 and have kids before we're 35. If i can continue to afford food, my bills, and get them clothes and presents for thier b days and christmas i'll be happy. I hope others on here succed in these endevours as well. Sure wouldnt mind making more money thou

>open up my own plumber business
yes.

and no. l2spell burger it is your native language - it is quit, not quite kek.

How do you define a quality that requires zero talent? A natural ability for something? Where do natural abilities come from? Genes, of course.

Are the qualities in that list already present in a person without some genes that predispose their possession? Of course not.

Hence to acquire them in someone without the sufficient genes would require consistent effort. What is a talent but the accumulation of consistent efforts?

Therefore, at least a few of the things on those list require some talent.

Your speaking psycology man. We adapt to our surroundings and see what others do and what others do on tv. We know right from wrong and make the choice to be better and have those 10 qaulities cuz we see them every day in other or on tv.
This may not work in some of the shitty places in the world but for most it does.

Stfu mini-weenie

Yes and no. Idealy you'd want to obtain more ad hoc skills. Like industrial plumbing or somthing.(Not to familuar with the plumbing scene) But do your own thing now for a while it's good experience. Then try to get more specialized and then start your company again as a more specialized company but you can still do the same old jobs so that you don't get any gaps.
Best of luck senpai.

cool that you waited 10yrs to grow a pair and start biz and marry fagit

I congratulate and admire you. My father did something similar which is why I grew up comfortably middle class even though he was born into poverty.