Whelp, I fucked up

So, I wrote a story that got published, just a cheap SciFi style alien story. Part of the plot was just that the Jews never got killed and instead the gas chambers were just teleports to outer space and it was a coverup, so the holocaust deniers were all right.

Anyway, I got invited to do an interview on the local radio, just as a local author spotlight, but I didn't know some goober at the university wrote a column calling me out as a problematic anti Semite, so I didn't really expect the question about if I believed in the Holocaust, and I answered it pretty poorly, I think.

>Well, I've been burned too many times by believing things just because everyone else did, so I don't believe in anything as a given anynore , not until after I do the research for myself, and the problem with the holocaust is that I just don't care.

>It's just like Global Warming. It doesn't matter to me either way whether that is real or not, because no one is going to do anything about it. So why would I read a bunch of scientific journals when it makes no difference?

>So for the holocaust, it's the same. It makes no difference to me if a bunch of people died or not sixty years ago, so why would I read about bone ash soil density papers?

Then he asked me if I thought it was kind of obvious, and I said: "No, man, you just asked me that, and I told you I didn't know either way."

And ugh. That's condensed, and I probably didn't even ramble that concisely on air. I should have just said it happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

advocate.com/commentary/2016/10/14/peter-thiel-shows-us-theres-difference-between-gay-sex-and-gay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does this have lasting impact on you?

Not sure yet. Kind of nervous. But I'm mostly pretty secretive. No Facebook, no twitter, I sort of live like a hermit. But people are kind of crazy these days.

If there is follow up just use a defence like this.

Can you be as close to 100% sure as possible of something without putting in at least a surface level investigation yourself? Reasonably, no. And that's generally how you try to operate when it comes to things as significant as the holocaust.

Are you pretty bloody sure it happened? Absolutely. But without doing the requisite research you'd find it hard to defend such a position beyond against someone with an opposing one.

Which is basically what happened when that question came, out of nowhere. You were unprepared because you hadn't done the research, because it wasn't a subject that interested you, so you weren't going to just jump to saying you were sure it happened. truth be told you were put off by the question being asked, you'd never of thought that someone would think you DIDN'T believe in the holocaust, so you'd never even considered how you would respond, thus, you responded how you would when asked any question about such an important and fairly complex topic.

Make sure you listen to the interview again if possible though.

Write down everything you recall, before listening, in case it was edited.

Also, play the offended card if push comes to shove. Claim victim hood of your own.

"Do you ambush all your other guests with questions like 'did the holocaust happen' while on live radio? How do the others respond? I'm trying to make myself a small living writing scifi stories, and in the first interview I ever get someone tries to sabotage my career and my life! Why?"

Don't raise your voice too much, but put them on the defensive. Fine balancing act between defending yourself and insulting them without trying to appear like a coward/nazi/weasle/dick.

How did you get it published OP? How long was it?

I have a few short snippets I'd like to throw out there without making the same autistic mistakes you did

Did you use your real name?

A fucking LEAF is going to JAIL because your shitty country doesn't allow FREE MEN to exist and is selling you out to JEWS.

But seriously what is with you holocaust deniers? Dude it happened and they totally targeted and killed Jews by the millions. Hate Jews all you want but it happened so get over it. I'm all for your right to deny it or whatever but you'd be wrong. Whatevs though, believe what you want and make an ass of yourself all you want because you ate up what some stormfaggot said on pol.

did you use your real name?

When you look at both sides of the arguments one becomes skeptical at the very least. Try it.

>inb4 flood of 'denial' pics

Not very long. Trick is to write short short stories. It's like a scale, where the longer your story is, the better it has to be, but if you write a decent one that the editor can slip in when he needs to fill up some space.

Brevity always best, if you want to up your chances. This goes for the letters to the editor in the paper too. Don't write a long bitchy spiel, just write something that's to the point, and it'll probably get in.

gun up. stay safe

all pr is good pr.

Yeah.

You gave a noncommittal reply. That's fine. If it bothers you, you can research now for any future follow ups. Or you can keep it simple and just say "I have never researched it", just say that each time. Sort reply cant be selectively sound bite'd.

Yeah, you probably fucked up.

>and instead the gas chambers were just teleports to outer space
In a certain sense...

He deserves to go to jail for cucking out with his response.

Where does your story show up? In like a local newspaper or something? Do anybody but old people read those?

What's the story?

I'd like to buy a copy. Jews in space sounds interesting.

Oh, I missed the get

Correct answer is always
>what holocaust?

I feel like it would infuriate a few normies, but nothing too nazilike. Maybe you made people start asking questions themselves with it. So i would say good job

More like upper atmosphere

Well you're autistic and kinda stupid lmao, but you already know that.

If you have to defend your previous statements you need to frame it properly, you should say that the holocaust is worth questioning and nothing should be taken for granted. Ask the person if they think the earth is round, they will say yes and you agree that it's round but ask them if they would be able to prove to a flat earther that the earth is round, what evidence have they got that the earth is round? Could they prove it? Do they know the arguments? Say that it is worth questioning anything, even if you're sure that it happened. Say that to take things for granted without questioning is intellectually lazy and is the kind of thinking that allowed the holocaust to happen in the fist place. Don't sperg out and try and defend revisionism, they're not going to engage you seriously.

What happened to Asuka :(

Actually you can prove the earth is round by going to any seaport on earth and watching outgoing ships dip below the horizon.

So are you going to let us read it or what OP?

I don't get paid per copy sold, and like I'd tell you guys anyway. Did give me a bit of a devious idea for maybe when if I get a book published to slip in some controversial bit in there to get it to sell more. I'll keep that one in my back pocket.

Anyway, it wasn't even the point of the story, it was just a one off line some character said to show how clever he was.

>I saved all the Jews, and I didn't even have to cover it up, I just had to make it so people wouldn't allow themselves to believe the evidence.

and the get. Still dont know i i was blessed or cursed yesterday

Underrated

That's just surface tension you goof.

I'm not a flat earther lmao, this is just how i defend myself if i reveal my power level.

Most people don't have any proof or any arguments for the earth being round because they've never questioned it, they just take it for granted. If i sperg out at a party about the holocaust or end up defending Nazism or Assad or whatever the Normies find offensive i just point out that it's worth questioning because questioning stops atrocities from happening again and use the iraq war or whatever as an example. They nod their head and agree and i can slide out of awkward conversations.

It depends if it's posted online, archived online, I was arrested in south Georgia driving to SpringBreak as a sober driver, there was a bunch of dregs in the car, and now if you Google search my name my arrest pops up "5 charged with posession of pot" even though I was never charged. If there's no transcript posted online, you should be fine. Hell, there's probably other people floating around with the same name as you.

>So, I wrote a story that got published, just a cheap SciFi style alien story.
which publisher?

also, how easy was it to get a story published, and what steps did you have to go through?

Well too bad you weren't prepared. You could've been more meta, saying like my story wouldn't really work if it was about Belgian Congo slaves, or Slavic Nobility sent to Siberia, because those aren't half as sensational to most audiences yet equally horrendous. But you might say the scale of prosecution is what's so significant about the holocaust. So let me ask you, do you believe the scale of deeds is what should be remembered or the horrendous means they were put in place by? Because I don't see a lot of Native American countries.

Try again with a pair of binoculars.

Wait for the ship to dip below the horizon.

Use binoculars.

Oh look ship again.

Ship dips 2nd time.

Zoom in (optical zoom only).

Oh look ship again.

Sorry bud. But this is a thing. It's because it's an optical illusion of light, and your eyes not gathering that much information at that level of depth/distance, and then being able to when you amplify your optics.

Stop apologizing for having your own opinions if everyone stopped apologizing for things then political correctness would not exist.

You can prove the Earth is round.

But it takes a LOT more work than that.

I think you did ok user for being in the spot , I would have wandered the same

But I'd be extra careful because the Jew that called about you will likely try to get you fired so I'd prepare a few back up jobs/ or prepare a reason or decent excuse to give your boss when the Jew tries to get you fired

Then again he only will have your name, finding where you work will be a lot harder without NORMIE book

Over all I think your fine just watch yourself for a few days

....... I started typing a serious reply but at second glance i realised that you are a leaf.

No face either... Hmm. Maybe I will be okay. For once my paranoia might pay off. Even Light Yagami couldn't get to me. Yeah... And I forgot that I go by a nickname in day to day life, because I hardly have any friends. Autism might win this time.

so can u always see land if u use a telescope and point it to the horizon

Not trolling, I hope you lose your career and reputation. Holocaust deniers are dumber than niggers.

Get indignant. "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU INSECURE ASSHOLES!?!?
SCIENCE FICTION, IDIOT.
FICTION!

F I C T I O N
I
C
T
I
O
N

Yeah I would just sit back and relax you might have even red pilled some people

Sorry. But we're friendly here, not like reddit. We all believe you can get published.

You dont have to go that far, you can see the earth's shadow on moon and it is round.

i googled the book but didn't find shit

OP likely a larper

>Implying I'd give you enough clues to figure it out.

Believe me or don't. Makes no difference. I am supposedly a fiction writer though, but I guess if I was lying I wouldn't be, which means...I forget.

You did well. We don't hear IDGAF anywhere near enough these days

Which is why I'm interested to know exactly what is involved in getting published.

no u goof, because the sea hills get in the way

fuggin rounders man

There's tons of places to go to. Google author submissions and you'll get a list of mailing addresses. Narrow it down by type, depending on what you have written. Get rejected a bunch and every so often you get lucky.

is it worth getting an agent?

Not for short stories.

have you ever tried to get a novel published?

No

This is a meaningless statement that can justify ludicrousness such as flat earth. With out thinking you take information and assess credibility.

If for some reason certain topics such as global warning or specific genocides require extra verification, it is because you have conflicts with the topics.

You don't feel the need to verify that your present location is above a sink hole at all times. You don't feel the need to verify all your methods of transportation are safe from sabotage.

You make explicit choices on what to trust and not to trust. It is impossible to not do so.

>It doesn't matter to me either way whether that is real or not, because no one is going to do anything about it. So why would I read a bunch of scientific journals when it makes no difference?
>So for the holocaust, it's the same. It makes no difference to me if a bunch of people died or not sixty years ago, so why would I read about bone ash soil density papers?

Just say that it was alternative history scifi, like that show where the nazis and Japanese won WW2

So you wrote a story about Space Jews, eh?

I believe the holocaust happened to some degree but certainly do not believe at all in the 6 million figure, and have doubts about the methods used to kill them. I've seen more believable figures like a couple hundred thousand.

Why didn't you just say that there's no evidence for a government conspiracy to kill 6 million jews using gas chambers, that all the evidence suggests that only a few hundred thousand died, mainly from typhus and starvation, and that you don't form historical opinions without evidence. Which would be the truth.

>Speaking to the media about Jews and the Holocaust

This is where you fucked up.

Your best bet if this isn't a joke is to get your family to say you have Asbergers, which you probably have, you autist. Then anyone harassing you is harassing someone mentally ill.

based leaf

literally the worst thing to say if this guy wants a career

can´t say anything in Leafland about the shoah. Ernst Zundel btfo the jews in court and was still found guilty of spreading false news. check out his trial, was in the 80´s in Toronto

Question, if I write a book I won't be called for an interview won't I?

I really rather not be interviewed or even known for my books.

Just tell them to go fuck themselves. Then your publisher tells you to go fuck yourself. Then you fuck yourself on record.

lmao OP what the fuck

Are you the can guy?

a leaf is about to fall
rip op

You did good maple bro. You may have sounded like an idiot and people may have been shocked - but that is good. You helped to sown the beginning seeds of doubt in the minds of the people listening.

No, OP should stick to his guns and not back down. This is a great opportunity for the minds behind the eyes of the public to get suspicious.

Time to Fuck The Record FTR

Really should lay off the Asukas. Maybe Rei's from now on, although Asuka is eternally superior.

I knew it
You are hands down my favourite poster

I cant believe even my dad's name pop up when he did some trial back in the 80s which he won.

I cant believe such things can be found online.

>be leaf
>have dissenting opinion

he's gonna be homeless/expelled within the month

but if you think it's really gonna fuck you up, take 'em for a ride. You started with space-faring Jews and interstellar gas chambers, so heigh-ho further into absurdism if they're really gonna try to crucify you over that and make it your cross.

Just make sure you have a backbone while you're doing it, and at least even dissenters can say they'd like to have a beer with you.

>...that's my fantasy too

ip change. Doubt I could even be called that anymore, I think the drinking has toned down a lot. Thanks pal.

Yeah that's one you have to keep yourself.

You might as well have admitted to being a white supremacist while you were at it.

If you're not LARPing and this does make it back to you you're in a lot of trouble.

shoulda doubled down and said you dont think it happened but you wish it did

>Beleiveing stormfag propaganda
>Denying the 6 gorrillian in public

F buddy. I'll carry on posting Asukas from Canada in your stead after you get thrown in Trudeau's gay sex dungeon.

so he'll be forced to fuck Trudeau?

claim to have jewish heritage.

You will have instant pardon for everything you do. Then use that against them saying that it furthers the conspiracy as detailed in your story. Why do jews just get a pass for everything? mass mind control maybe?

That sort of thing doesn't work anymore, liberals have mind tricks to explain their way around anything.

advocate.com/commentary/2016/10/14/peter-thiel-shows-us-theres-difference-between-gay-sex-and-gay

>Peter Thiel, the Silicon Valley billionaire who made news this summer for endorsing Donald Trump at the Republican convention, is a man who has sex with other men. But is he gay?

>That question might seem narrow, but it is actually raises a broad and crucial distinction we must make in our notions of sexuality, identity, and community.

that asuka has one ugly nose

>so why would I read about bone ash soil density papers?

yep, your racist.

although what do those papers point towards?