Flat-Earth

What's your opinion on the flat-earth model of the world?
Please contribute either pro or anti info/ opinions concerning our worlds model.
I will now list topics often brought up when arguing against a globe model:
>Illogical flight patterns
>Variance in sun size (in a single day) relative to the distance the globe model purports it to be
>Angles of sun rays/ beams
>International uninterest in Antarctica since ww2 (w/ respect to the massive amount of resources)

Other urls found in this thread:

askamathematician.com/2012/08/q-if-earth-was-flat-would-there-be-the-horizon-if-so-what-would-it-look-like-if-the-earth-was-flat-and-had-infinite-area-would-that-change-the-answer/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauss's_law_for_gravity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One example of flight patterns

I dont give a single flying shit about your schizoid delusions.

Fuck back to fringe, endchan or whatever shithole you are from and circlejerk with your buddies there,

Another example

What makes you so sure of a globe model outside of being told to believe it your whole life?
I still believe the globe model currently, but I'm willing to change my view if I amass enough evidence.
I feel your just being a good goy with that type of attitude.

General movement of the sun and moon:

Anyone who actally believes this have to be retarded

I am 100% certain that all flat earth threads are bait for gullible idiots eager to prove their intelligence by destroying flat earthers in arguments

*actually

Why? And see

I guess its just that shitty U.S. education huh?

That's not a globe but a deformed version of one, a msp, Greenland appears bigger than Africa, but it isn't

The map on the left is a distortion of a Globe

What is this meant to prove?

And I feel you are a dumb contrarian retard from some backwater net shithole that changed his tone to be more digestible and easier sell your schizo ramblings

as for me im a remote sensing grad, lot of stuff we have and observe just wouldnt work or be totally different if Earths shape didnt approximate a sphere, that is its a geoid.

Which funnily enough we know so precisely so well largely to minimize the CEP of ICBMs.

Before you take simpleton examples like flight paths that shows you are clueless even about basic cartography, try reading up things like WGS84, IGRF, Gauss coefficients or spherical harmonics.

>Angles of sun rays/ beams
If anything shadows are the most rudimentary demonstration of the spherical nature of the planet (Eratosthenes' calculation).

Green arc is 8300km
Red arc is 15400km.

Pic-relatted was only meant to inform about the sun and moons rotation as I expected someone to ask

>Please contribute either pro or anti info/ opinions concerning our worlds model.
Go to the beach. Or for a flight. All the info you need.

See

Makes since on flat earth projection.

Flat-Earthers are so damn retarded, it is the epitome of kooky conspiracy theory. You can look at hours and hours of footage of the Earth and will find that the Earth is round. It's the same thing with the moon landing shit, you can take a telescope and look at the moon and the American flag and Lunar Lander gear still there.

What that fails to account for is demand, and hubs. Not a great deal of need to go from Jo-burg to Perth, but there is need high demand to go to/from the UAE, so it's more financially viable.
Besides, there are still flights from Aus to South America. A friend went on one recently straight to Peru from Brisbane.

Also on Globe, wait I need to make a shitty demonstration on Paint

What am I looking for at a beach? The horizon curve?
askamathematician.com/2012/08/q-if-earth-was-flat-would-there-be-the-horizon-if-so-what-would-it-look-like-if-the-earth-was-flat-and-had-infinite-area-would-that-change-the-answer/

>the American flag and Lunar Lander gear still there.
The funny thing is that because of sun bleaching the fabric, that American flag is now a white flag. We've surrendered to the ayy lmaos.

This is what you get when your education system sucks.
Read about this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauss's_law_for_gravity
That is enough proof about why it is easier to have ball planet than disc planets.
It also kills any theory about hollow earth etc.
Use this with Occams razor: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

You have to look at the flat earth map. The N. America to is a short distance on flat earth map.

>What are transport hubs
>Being this illiterate in economics
>Not understanding ETOPS

Flatards kys.

Done

>What am I looking for at a beach? The horizon curve?
That too. But also ships disappearing, hull first over the horizon. Plus most major beaches (here at least. And certainly Venice Beach in LA) are big enough that you can see skyscrapers disappearing bottom first from one end to the other.
Dubai is the best example, but less accessible for random anons.

What are you trying to say?

I mean yeah its bait, but how does a sun pattern like that account for seasons? I mean you gotta at least try if you want to post that sort of stuff

this has to be a joke

they would have no opportunities to emergency land using flat earth logic

Gee, I wonder, maybe that's because Dubai is one of the largest flight hubs in the Eastern Hemisphere? It's just like with night-buses. If you want to go from suburb A to suburb B after midnight, you can't just take a bus from suburb A to suburb B, even if they're right next to each other. You have to take one bus to the nearest bus hub, and another from the hub to your destination.

>variance in sun size
Golly, it's almost like the sun moves!

That Flat-Earthers got BTFOed by a shitty demonstration on Paint

Jokes aside:

This guy: My reply means that on a globe, flight patterns appear curved because of the curvature of the Earth

Note: I don't know where New-York perfectly is