Transit cards

How do you feel about electronic transit pay cards?

Soon, you won't be able to ride the subway or bus without one.

>inb4 hurr public transit -- in many cities, it's the only option and isn't full of diseased niggers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FI9a6e9mSbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck your kuffar electronic shit, nobody will take my ttc tokens away from me

u sure, nig?

>doesnt realize "public transportation" is a government cuckjob
>doesn't realize soon you'll be able to use your transit pay card for "convenient" purchases in select stores
>eventually they'll just pay you on these
>eventually the state will pay you and you will have no actual money or worth cause its credits and then they shut down the busses and enslave you
Fuck leaves and fuck white people

I hope they don't abandon tokens I don't even see the point of presto desu

t's fucking shit, you cannot pay with cash anymore, you cannot pay if your card is overdraws, you have to use internet to put in money, you cannot get service from actual people because they close all the ticket-sales shops.

Fuck modernizations

I drive a shitty diesel Hyundai car now, fuck you

You can't ride a london bus without a prepaid ticket . It's the next step towards a mass surveillance cash free society

Can't you buy tokens from the Chinese store?

>public transit isn't full of diseased niggers
>says a canadian that thinks drunk welfare injuns and chinks count as niggers

Every time I ride the bus I remember why africa was a mistake.

Fuck the TTC and fuck toronto people.

It works totally fine in London. Has been cash free for ages.

50% of the streetcar is white guys in suits and briefcases

Japan and S. Korea already do this.

Japan Railway's Suica card is accepted as method of payment in pretty much every store.

S. Korea went the other way by completely integrating debit card network into the transit payment system. Your contactless-enabled debit card is also your subway/bus card.

>get on bus
>reach in pocket
>take out wallet
>take out card
>scan it
>put wallet away
>put it in pocket

OR

>reach in pocket
>take out token and drop it in the box

Also you can just use a contactless debit card anyway.

>Get on bus
>Flip portion of wallet containing contact less oyster card against pad.

>2016
>carrying cash
>not exclusively using visa and debt

its like you want to get robbed.

>muh credit card theft

Most of the world (except for America) has interac flash. Also Visa, MC, AMEX, debt all have fraud protection.

>not just carrying the transit card loose in your pocket, not stored inside your wallet
>not having an wallet with special NFC card pocket so that you can just tap your wallet

You also make it sound like fishing those dime-sized TTC tokens out of coat pocket was easy.

>-30 outside
>open coat
>open jacket
>reach in jacket pocket
Too many steps already
See why this is an issue?

I like them, but ours is pretty good. Cheaper fares, 4 euro overdraft which is enough to get basically anywhere in the city, you can use them on any public transport, pretty decent online system for topping up and whatever. They're pretty convenient.

Exactly. My work ID has an RFID chip in it. I literally just lean my ass against the pad and boom, I'm in.

Doesn't fraud protection drive up inflation because they have to make up more.mkney to cover what you lost?

>Also you can just use a contactless debit card anyway.

Toronto doesn't have this and probably never will since they went full retard and contracted out contactless card systems to Accenture, which is being a Jew as usual.

Your average person doesn't use credit or debit and half of all stores don't accept it. Easier to pay with cash
It is easy

Usually all you have to actually do is just lean against the pad if you keep your contactless card in your wallet. Sometimes the field is really weak but 98% of the time that works. No going into pockets at all.

I've literally never been in a store that didnt except credit or debit. What kind of stores are you talking about? Even most convenience stores carry at least debit.

That is a real shame. I know a lot of people who use those contactless bank card sticker things you can get and have them on the back of their phone.

The downside is you're doubly fucked if you lose your phone.

How do people who ride the bus always have exact change?

I don't get it.

Just keep your card in your pocket? I don't know man I think you're just making this hard on yourself

>lean down so my chest is touching the card
Wow so much easier! Thanks
Maybe shoppers or dominion but most family shops don't

Normal people don't carry things in their pants pockets

>So cold you can't unzip a jacket.
>Not wearing trousers.

we already have that here except you can use your credit/debit card aswell
just a tap and you're on your way
>'new' world laggin behind old
hmmm

Works fine over here. Translink actually gives you a discount if you use a transit card, I live in the middle of a major city without a car and get around just fine with trams and busses.

public transit is a fucking scam. Tokyo train prices are insane. If you don't work for a company that reimburses you transport fees you lose so much money every week.

Street cars have a really different atmosphere. Very chill compared to the bus and subway.

Easy to transfer without having to print all those transfer slips. Pretty much every city has this except us because we felt the need to hire domestic (((consultants))) instead of ones from systems that work like Seoul or Hong Kong.

The only place I have ever been in that didn't have a debit machine is my local library branch and that's just because they refuse to modernize on anything and force you to pay late fees in cash.

and by we I mean the Liberals

>jacket with zippers
Are you 12?
Because the new TTC buses have loud ass fans over your head and are filled with Filipinos yelling their MAGANDA talk

Dude, the only places I've been too lately that didn't take cards were tailors. Even the dollar store has NFC for debit cards. Speeds the lines up quite a bit.

what's so bad about them?
since I got it I save 50% on my trips since I don't use it to get into the street car. only at the subway station I use.

But that's what they're for

>hire foreigners
Get the fuck out of my country
Try and shop at some small mom and pop shops most don't accept debit

Actually I would be described as a chav. I just love me a tracksuit.

Winnipeg transit just implemented the cards a few months ago

I miss being able to get away with dumping a few dimes in the fare box

Interac is Canadian. Visa/Master Card/Union Pay are responsible for cash transfer in other countries.

99% of people don't get tap cards
Idk what you're on most people pay with cash
>put wallet in pocket
>falls out while you're sitting on the bus
This is why jackets and coats were invented with pockets

It's not good when they ban cash is it. Cash is anonymous. Other methods are not.
You wonder why they're pushing cashlessness?

its not a scam, in tokyo you pay by distance and not a flat rate. you swipe in, and you pay the rate wherever you swipe out. if you were really in japan you would already know this. turn off that proxy.

>put wallet in pocket
>falls out while you're sitting on the bus

This really doesn't happen much where I live and no one wears jackets because of of how fucking hot it is. Just don't be a retard and buy a pair of pants with proper pockets.

>99% of people don't get tap cards

You're joking, right?

NFC is standard at all banks in Canada AFAIK.

Usually either Java or Multos chips.

You can just buy an oyster card in a shop and tip it up with cash.

No, you still don't understand. Put your wallet in your normal wallet place. Put your card in your trousers pocket, with your phone maybe. Cards can exist outside wallets.

It was pretty suspicious companies like LG and Sony (they built per-km based system that is much more complex than the one used in Toronto and delivered on time) weren't invited to bid for the Presto contract.

Even Cubic, the American company that built Chicago's transit system, didn't get to bid despite having much better track record than the winner Accenture (also an American company).

I'm not sure I understand you. Can you explain the concept of pockets to me.

As a former head chef at Carls Jr, those type of people always come in and ask for change. They bled us dry of our quarters and dimes.

In japan it actually works surprisingly well, I think it's definitely good.

I don't know what Java multos chips are
What do you wear to work?
I don't carry a phone with me, I'm not a businessman or a teenage I don't need one.
I forgot how autistic Sup Forums is not everyone's wearing flame cargo shorts

I take the bus everyday I know how autistic this sounds but its pretty comfy compared to driving my own car

It's sort of like a little room sewn on to your trousers that you can put stuff like travel cards and phones in

who cares?

in my city you can still do both electronic card or physical cash
the electronic card you either add money via the internet or via the ticket purchasing terminals at most transit stations where you are given the option of using credit card or cash.

Traking chips in yoir cell phone, transit card tracks your movements, ISP tracks your internet activity, social media gives an overview of the way you think and who you are, bank cards track what you buy and when. Personally it amazes me no one sees rhe pattern in all of this.

The phone is irrelevant, though I feel we could revisit it. Just put your travel card in your regular trouser pocket. I think if you try it you'll like it.

Does anyone know how do you pirate Opus cards in Montreal. I have heard people buying them for half the cost.

There's nothing suspicious with the OLP. They're blatantly corrupt and the GTA will keep them in power forever.

I don't own a travel card, 99% of people don't that's why you buy tokens. Are you guys dumb?

>What do you wear to work?

Normal pants, because I don't have autism.

So they can be conveniently stolen by Siobahn.

I think we all see it, we just don't care. The alternative is living a hermit life isolated from society.

Just give up lad. Some people can't be helped.

But the reason you stated for not owning a travel card is that it's awkward to get out your wallet and use it. You could practice now with any type of card. Just put it (the card, not your wallet) in your pocket and take it out again, pretending that you're getting on a bus or train.

Back pockets have buttons to begin with am I gonna stand at the bus unbutton my back pocket and pull out my wallet? Seriously I don't get why you guys like to make life so confusing electronics are stupid anyway tokens are just easier and less of a hassle

OR
I can just take a token out of my pocket and drop it in instead of a big ass card?

You will be singing a diffrent tune one day when every thing is centralized and all the governing body needs to do to keep you in line is threaten to delete your whole life and all your assets at the push of a button. This is the path to world slavery. Big brother will litterally always be watching.

I thought about this, yeah, Presto is just another device for the new era of big data to keep tabs on the entirety of society. Its true most will not consider that every time you use those cards, someone will have the capability of yeah, tracking movements of the masses that have to use public transportation.

I could see this all being openly centralized , all these devices that are used to monitor the masses in the future. We're not quite China yet however.

>not scanning your wallet with the card inside
pleb

>Take wallet out of pocket, tap wallet on card reader, put wallet back in pocket

Literally takes me 5 seconds to carry out these simple functions.

do you live in goddamn wawa or somthing, I haven't carried cash in like 8 years and ive never had a store that doesnt take debit

Freedom dies by increment. The same way gun laws are being imposed. They will just keep making little changes until one day you wake up a slave. Every nice litle convienance is one step closer to 1984. Ever little hurtle is one step closer to disarming society. Utopia has slaves and we are it.

We're living in A Brave New World, not 1984.

youtube.com/watch?v=FI9a6e9mSbo

We've had them for years and the system works pretty decently.

you can still pay with cash. you buy a ticket from a machine that has an RFID tag in it.

in canada everyone uses transit. all incomes and races.

debit and credit are supported by presto, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

>>eventually the state will pay you and you will have no actual money or worth cause its credits
>Implying that dollars are any better

All money - cash or credit - is inherently worthless. Only gold counts. You're fearing a future that you already live in - and it doesn't feel so bad, does it?

Why don't you bring your gold bar and a diamond knife to shave it to pay the booth operator at the subway station the exact weight of gold equal to the price of a subway token at the current market rate?

This is probably students reselling cards as they get reduced fairs. Just need to "lose" your card at the start of the year and then buy a "new" one.

Yeah for now.
But they're going to go hard on total cashlessness in the next few years

That's because street cars only go up and down U of T Spadina ave, rich guy king st and hipster queen street. If they went through Scarborough it would be a shit show.

>Implying we aren't living in the Brave New World of 1984

It's terrifying. Have you seen our new ip bill?

Nigga you think I haven't tried?

The only people I know who give a fuck about the nwo is christian yanks
God bless them all

I like it. I no longer have to carry a 5lb change purse when I want to use multiple transit systems.

It's all fun and games until you're in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere at 1am and all the top-up shops are closed.

This world is not brave it is an abomination people are being conditioned to be dependant slaves. Its a world of cowardice.

Can you not top up oyster cards at tube stations?